Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15  All

Author Topic: War of Omens, flash CCG with deckbuilding elements  (Read 84651 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: War of Omens, flash CCG with deckbuilding elements
« Reply #275 on: October 19, 2015, 08:31:45 pm »

I think trying to snipe eachother in consecutive games isn't a good idea, because the system tries not to do rematches if it can pair you with someone else.  Better to take a break and come back.  Or maybe relogging will make it forget about rematches.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 19, 2015, 08:44:55 pm »

I have AIM or yahoo IM.  If you're a hearthstone player battle.net has chat.  Or we can keep doing it by forum post I guess.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 19, 2015, 08:56:45 pm »

Wow, dozed off for a bit there. Mmmm I have none of those. Steam?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 19, 2015, 08:59:17 pm »

I have steam.  hayden2009 i think maybe it's popsofctown

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 19, 2015, 09:04:06 pm »

running steam and WoO at the same time makes my computer explode, apparently.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 19, 2015, 09:09:37 pm »

I'm gonna go play some SNES.  We might try this again some other time.  Hopefully someone else will play you now that there's proof of concept

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 19, 2015, 09:11:15 pm »

Ack. Mmmm, I sent you a Steam friend request. There's still Facebook, I guess (we can exchange that through PM or Steam chat or what have you).

PPE: yeah, sorry for being so slow. I was on a computer that didn't have Steam on it...
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 19, 2015, 09:15:29 pm »
+1

I fully expect this exchange to evolve into at least a one night stand and an uncomfortable morning.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 19, 2015, 09:45:21 pm »

My only quest that's not MP trifecta is endazu GM trifecta.

Guys how do I even Jesmai?

I love Jesmai. Her ability is really powerful. Right now my Jesmai deck consists of:
Gilded Scribes
Gilded Warriors
Beyond the Veil
Twilight Peacock
Agoreth Flower
Hedge Guardian
Scroll of Petals
Halting Rebuke
Gilded General
Tome of Memory

Honestly, the last three are holding me back. The Rebuke is nice, especially when the Scribes buff them up from 2 to 10, but Warding Circle is more effective. Sadly, it's more expensive. I think I'll keep Rebuke. I'm going to go ahead and swap out the last two for Cantillation and Golem. Golem may be redundant, though, so I might have to swap that out for something else.

My strategy is pretty simple. Play cards that generate Magic. Then play Anima so I can feed them. If I can send out a Hedge Guardian with 3 stars by turn 2, that helps a lot.
A man has no signature

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 19, 2015, 09:52:44 pm »

I would love her with an Underworld Barge.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 19, 2015, 09:56:28 pm »

I would love her with an Underworld Barge.

Yeah, that would be pretty sweet. Sadly, no Barge in my roster. Maybe I'll go open a few packs. I have 9k Silver right now. C'mon Underworld Barge.
A man has no signature

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 19, 2015, 10:01:16 pm »

Halting Rebuke and Warding Circle nombo with Hedge Guardian. Golem or Veil Warden are better there. If you want cheap intercept, Warding Circle is better because it won't use your pocket.

Cantillation does close to nothing for Jesmai that Behold the Veil doesn't better, and I don't think you need Tome of Memory for Jesmai either. Most of your cards shouldn't be spending any time in your pocket past the early game.

I have never tried Gilded General, so I can't comment on that, but it feels like pretty much anything else would be doing something better for you?

I would add some powerful Incantation to round up your deck. Song of Spring is good with Jesmai, Word of Unmaking and Banishing Gust give you some board control that you will probably need, Odashir's Echo and Summoning Rift win games.

EDIT: I can win Master semi-reliably with Jesmai with this sort of deck, but a Grandmaster trifecta seems tough...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 11:09:17 pm by pacovf »

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 19, 2015, 10:59:55 pm »

Hmm, yes, I do have Odashir's Echo and Summoning Rift. With Gilded Scribes, I should be able to use those more quickly without holding onto them for so long.
A man has no signature

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 20, 2015, 12:13:17 am »

Oh yeah, forgot about Enchanted Treaty. You definitely want that too. And Enchanted Urn works well with Hedge Guardian or Song of Spring.

Meanest Draft deck I've ever got:

Ashkar (+1 magic)
Bounty
Shrine of Rebirth/Herding Stones/Sacred Tortoise/Rite of Brood
Waylay/Stratagem
Zamgizar/Ishbuk/Warding Circle

Like, mwahahaha. Went 7-1. Although one of my opponents had lethal at some point, and proceeded to try to clear half my board instead. I came back from it. Another one could have stolen my maxed Zamgizar with Tavern Wench plus Merchant of Time, and didn't either. I did some pretty bad mistakes myself (mainly walking into those), but not that big?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 12:58:28 am by pacovf »

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 20, 2015, 08:11:37 am »
+1

Oh yeah, forgot about Enchanted Treaty. You definitely want that too. And Enchanted Urn works well with Hedge Guardian or Song of Spring.

Ashkar (+1 magic)
Bounty
Waylay/Stratagem

Like, mwahahaha. Went 7-1. Although one of my opponents had lethal at some point, and proceeded to try to clear half my board instead. I came back from it. Another one could have stolen my maxed Zamgizar with Tavern Wench plus Merchant of Time, and didn't either. I did some pretty bad mistakes myself (mainly walking into those), but not that big?
Aww man I had to suffer through that deck yesterday. The Zamzigar/Stratagem combo hurt me badly, but I put up a fight.

My deck ended up going 6-2 though, so I guess yours was a pretty beastly.

My username is Archvile. My Anibaldo deck had I think Goat Poultice, Serf, Rite of Combat, Usury, Deceit, and a bunch of stuff I don't remember.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 20, 2015, 08:13:04 am »

Fully pgraded 30 of 36 commons. I have nearly all uncommons upgraded once, and have nearly all scarces and half the rares. I am just not improving my collection very fast now, so that's a bummer. Draft is a bit too random for me, and playing multiplayer is basically masochism. I really wish there was a way to challenge specific people.
This is like, almost exactly where I am, but I haven't unlocked Grandmaster.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 20, 2015, 10:09:19 am »

Ashkar (+1 magic)
Bounty
Waylay/Stratagem

Aww man I had to suffer through that deck yesterday. The Zamzigar/Stratagem combo hurt me badly, but I put up a fight.

My deck ended up going 6-2 though, so I guess yours was a pretty beastly.

My username is Archvile. My Anibaldo deck had I think Goat Poultice, Serf, Rite of Combat, Usury, Deceit, and a bunch of stuff I don't remember.

Oh, you are Archvile? We've played draft against each other a number of times already! I don't know what the score is, though. You've definitely beaten me before.

I think you were just unlucky with the matchup. Goat Poultice is just not great when your board is being pummelled every turn. And Usury hurts when it allows the other player to get Stratagem one turn earlier. I mean, I didn't have the most explosive of decks, but I definitely appreciate the change to stabilize after feeding a Zamgizar.

Fully pgraded 30 of 36 commons. I have nearly all uncommons upgraded once, and have nearly all scarces and half the rares. I am just not improving my collection very fast now, so that's a bummer. Draft is a bit too random for me, and playing multiplayer is basically masochism. I really wish there was a way to challenge specific people.
This is like, almost exactly where I am, but I haven't unlocked Grandmaster.

Haven't unlocked Grandmaster either! I am like 400-500 wins (games?) away from that.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 20, 2015, 10:46:45 am »
+1

^ I think I remember beating you in a draft game where you actually had lethal but missed it and I won next turn.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 20, 2015, 10:56:15 am »

I need to learn how to count. I've heard it's a useful skill.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 20, 2015, 11:24:04 am »

It does seem a pattern has emerged!

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 21, 2015, 09:24:14 pm »

Man, how embarrassing. I had a crap deck in draft anyway, and I just wanted to blow through my three losses so I could earn a new draft ticket. Then I pair off against Drab. In addition to my deck being blah, I made so many mistakes.

Not sure I could have won even if I did play optimally, but I certainly could have crumpled less easily.
A man has no signature

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 21, 2015, 09:36:49 pm »

We should all play draft at a certain hour each day, so we get paired up more frequently

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 21, 2015, 10:22:26 pm »

Man, how embarrassing. I had a crap deck in draft anyway, and I just wanted to blow through my three losses so I could earn a new draft ticket. Then I pair off against Drab. In addition to my deck being blah, I made so many mistakes.

Not sure I could have won even if I did play optimally, but I certainly could have crumpled less easily.

Which game/deck was that? I'm guilty of almost never noticing names.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 21, 2015, 11:37:00 pm »

I don't remember what all it had. I just remember some stupid moves. Like you played Usury on me, which allowed me to afford Rite of Brood right away. Great, the smart thing to do would be to not play all my money first and then buy the card. Guess what I did!

That was just one of many mistakes. I was unimpressed with that deck and just wanted to slam through it. I wasn't thinking clearly.
A man has no signature

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 22, 2015, 11:44:42 am »

I don't remember what all it had. I just remember some stupid moves. Like you played Usury on me, which allowed me to afford Rite of Brood right away. Great, the smart thing to do would be to not play all my money first and then buy the card. Guess what I did!

That was just one of many mistakes. I was unimpressed with that deck and just wanted to slam through it. I wasn't thinking clearly.

Tell me you weren't playing Daru so I can wince less.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15  All

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.