Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15  All

Author Topic: War of Omens, flash CCG with deckbuilding elements  (Read 84600 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: War of Omens, flash CCG with deckbuilding elements
« Reply #225 on: October 13, 2015, 02:10:39 am »
+1

I broke 100,000 silver!

Rabid

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Rabid
  • Respect: +643
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 13, 2015, 08:28:08 am »
+1

Not sure if Rabid found my post to upvote it because he searches his username, or because he's a War of Omens player for real..

I started playing War of Omens because of this thread. :)
Yes that deck was fun, went 6-2, first time I've tried repopulate, seems strong in the right deck.
Twitch
1 Day Cup #1:Ednever

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 13, 2015, 10:47:24 am »

Repopulate is a good card.  It's a lot better than Feast, because by the time you're asking "Do I need this kind of effect in my life", you can almost invariably spare the extra 2$.

My deck was pretty decent and good enough to beat a nondominion player so I was kinda butthurt that starting this thread demoted one of my gold packs to a silver pack.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 13, 2015, 10:56:36 am »

My logic about why Repopulate is way better than Feast is because Repopulate actually increases your "handsize" by one, while Feast keeps it the same.

Also, Liet + Repopulate + Rite of Brood FTW
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 13, 2015, 11:13:03 am »

My logic about why Repopulate is way better than Feast is because Repopulate actually increases your "handsize" by one, while Feast keeps it the same.

Also, Liet + Repopulate + Rite of Brood FTW

Since Feast doesn't increase Handsize, I think it's really only useful for Rite of Brood/Combat combos, at least for pure Red. In Draft you could be using that to fish for Veil Warden or something.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 13, 2015, 11:27:07 am »
+1

Fortunately, that logic doesn't overlap with my logic, so you can stack it together for a huge logicball! 

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 13, 2015, 07:58:11 pm »

Well, it might have been a time-based constraint and not a round-based constraint. I've seen concessions not count when they happen too early.

But I was pleased with how quickly I got myself killed with Zamgizar and Seduce. I feel there should have been an achievement unlocked or something.

Hi there! We just played. Well, not REALLY played, given that you killed yourself turn 2. But hi!

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 13, 2015, 10:03:58 pm »
+1

Well, it might have been a time-based constraint and not a round-based constraint. I've seen concessions not count when they happen too early.

But I was pleased with how quickly I got myself killed with Zamgizar and Seduce. I feel there should have been an achievement unlocked or something.

Hi there! We just played. Well, not REALLY played, given that you killed yourself turn 2. But hi!
Then he went and beat me in draft.  Uncool.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 14, 2015, 08:01:49 am »

Draft I actually care about because I know I have a chance to win those. Not that you could tell considering that 4 wins was the best I got, and I seem to average only 2 wins.

I thought I had something with the Engraved Urn and Underworld Barge. I was able to fuel the Urns and then collect a bunch of magic to unleash on the opponent. That didn't happen nearly as consistently as I would like.

And then I went and did a dumb thing by drafting the Urn later and forgetting to pick cards that can give me magic to trigger it.

Actually my suicide deck works really well for me. I pump up Zamgizar as much and as early as possible. Usually this results in a quick death for me, but if the opponent is just as inexperienced as me or even just plain unlucky, then my beefed-up Zamgizar could beat him up. So I might not suicide quite so often. But usually if I’m playing MP instead of draft, then I'm probably paying more attention to the television and will just unconsciously click cards that kill me off so I get my cheap 50 and the opponent hopefully is happy with a cheap 150.

I hadn't been paying that much attention lately. I accumulated 12k silver and was full of draft tickets. I managed to use up two tickets last night and whittled down my silver. My common stock is swelling.
A man has no signature

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 14, 2015, 08:24:24 am »

I feel like I'm at the point now that I'm not embarrassed to be playing multiplayer. I have all the commons upgraded once, and maybe 5-10 upgraded twice. I have all the non-rare, non-epic heroes collected. I just wish that the player base was large enough that players could be matched more accurately.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 14, 2015, 12:30:29 pm »
+2

1. Max Ritual Slaughter
2. Use Ingots on Herd of Boars
3. ? ? ? ? ? ?
4. 25+% winrate against best player on server.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 15, 2015, 02:09:03 pm »
+1

Mwahahaha, I beat you in MP yesterday, pops. Now I am the king of f.ds War of Omens.

I've been playing around with:

Liet

Gold Panners (2)
War Rat (4)
Herd of Boars (5)
Ritual Sacrifice (0)
Goat Outrider (7)
Ratcatcher (5)
Scrivener (5)
Rite of Brood (5)
Repopulate (7)
Colossal Auroch (13)

Beats Master just fine, and has decent chances against random 10 epic coins people in MP (maybe 1/3?). It's quite RNG dependent, especially about what the bank wants to give me (no Gold Panners or Rites of Brood until T5 = bad times), but I kinda need that to punch above my weight level. It's also surprisingly resilient, you'd be surprised what you can come back from with Rite of Brood + Repopulate, or just a simple Goat Outrider with a very strong will to live.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 15, 2015, 03:09:58 pm »
+1

I only care about being king of draft!  But sadly that's Rabid=?=Kuildeous>pops>Drab right now :(

I was playing my super silly awful Birondelle deck.  I love Birondelle to deck, but I think she is strictly worse than Vald after they nerfed her ability from 20% to 15% :(

I think a Lepers (3) is probably better than a War Rat in your deck, but it looks reasonably decent for an unupped Liet deck.  Definitely not the kind of thing I want to be fighting as Birondelle, I restocked Scrivener twice!

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 15, 2015, 03:20:46 pm »
+1

The problem is that this deck suffers against greedy decks, so War Rat helps keep my opponent honest about bankers, flowers, and what have you. Lepers don't. I could replace it with Gang of Orphans, maybe, but I wouldn't be much happier about it.

Agree that Birondelle is more fun than good. Sadly.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 15, 2015, 03:28:30 pm »
+2

The problem is that this deck suffers against greedy decks, so War Rat helps keep my opponent honest about bankers, flowers, and what have you. Lepers don't. I could replace it with Gang of Orphans, maybe, but I wouldn't be much happier about it.

Agree that Birondelle is more fun than good. Sadly.

I'm aware that's the point of the War Rat, but since there's a 1 turn delay before the War Rat starts attacking, it's probably better to rely on help from Ritual Slaughter, Rite of Brood, and Liet's ability than to clog up your deck with a War Rats that has a one turn delay before answering such problems.

Lepers is more likely to provide an immediate skull off a Ritual Slaughter than War Rats is, and is more likely to let you buy something else in a feverish attempt to get a skull to thump a stray Banker as well.

Scavengers, Rite of Combat, and Aurochs Herd are also better sources of skulls.  Scavengers is almost a strictly better War Rats really in everything but the most aggro of decks, and your deck is not hyper aggro.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 15, 2015, 07:52:48 pm »

I only care about being king of draft!  But sadly that's Rabid=?=Kuildeous>pops>Drab right now :(

This is clearly unacceptable.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 15, 2015, 09:56:10 pm »

This is clearly unacceptable.

Also I don't feel > anything. My win rate on drafts is terrible. I've had a few perfect storms, which I think is how I beat pops. If that was the souped up engraving urn with the underworld barge, I had some awesome draws that I sadly couldn't duplicate in other battles.

My highest win count has been 4. I just can't make consistently good decks.
A man has no signature

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 15, 2015, 10:56:09 pm »

If it makes you feel better, I felt like I had drafted a better deck and deserved to win? You're still better than me though with the data we have available :)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 17, 2015, 10:52:58 am »

I don't know if Shofet Daru and Dowager Anibaldo are miles ahead of the other draft heroes, or just way easier to use. When I get either as my hero, I tend to get 5+ wins. When I get any other hero, I struggle to get 3. Even got my first 0 wins ever with Doge Monteferro. I've faced some really mean opponents using Doge and Ashkar, but I've never managed to replicate it.

Any thoughts?

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 17, 2015, 11:20:37 am »

Those are the "+1 hand and draw" and "+1 Magic" guys, right? I think they're the most generically good, in that you don't have to build around them as much.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 17, 2015, 02:00:00 pm »
+1

Those are the "+1 hand and draw" and "+1 Magic" guys, right? I think they're the most generically good, in that you don't have to build around them as much.
Incorrect, Daru and Anibaldo are +1 draw and +epic coins, respectively.  Furthermore, I would disagree that you don't have to build around Ashkar's ability, you really do.

Daru and Anibaldo are the two heroes you would pick if someone told you that if you go at least 3-3 on your next draft you win a million dollars.  If someone told you you win a million dollars if you go 8-0 on your next draft, Monteferro would be on the same level as those two, if not higher.  His drafts are much more highly volatile since there is a much narrower number of cards and strategies he's interested in compared to what you generally get offered.  But when a good deck comes together for him, you can get really consistent performances since +1 restock makes it less likely that you only see the weakest parts of the deck you drafted in a game.  Monteferro does also take some specific skills to draft.

It's definitely not strange to go 0-3 with Doge.

I haven't changed my opinion that those 3 are A tier, Ashkar is B tier, and the other guys are C tier or lower (with the most uncertainity on Aline, because her rework is new to me, I really doubt she's A tier though)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 17, 2015, 02:42:44 pm »

What do Ashkar and Monteferro do again?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 17, 2015, 02:53:41 pm »

Ashkar is +1 Magic, Monteferro is +1 restock

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 18, 2015, 05:47:12 pm »

Still trying to get better at Tournament. Here's my last deck:

Dowager Anibaldo (Epic Coins)

Loan/Wealthy Patron/Synod/Bishop/Miracle

Waylay/Stratagem/Subterfuge
Halting Rebuke/Underworld Barge

Tell me what could be better, please.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 18, 2015, 06:12:24 pm »
+1

I avoid Halting Rebuke like the plague now, nowadays.  The thing is that the point of an interceptor is to rush it out with a fragile minion early so you can get income.  But you have to wait for Halting Rebuke to charge up.  By the time it's charged up, the income phase of the game, is like, over? It just usually doesn't work great.  It ends up being a weak Lantern Scroll in actual practice most of the time.

Loan and Synod are a nombo, you usually want to watch out putting those two together.  Loan is the weaker component of those 2, in a vacuum, but Loan into Miracle is an ok decent combo sometimes.  Stratagem is another contraindication though.

Waylay is usually more of a Daru thing than an Anibaldo thing since you've got the bantling procs.  Sometimes the thing you want to kill will be behind a Veil Warden, sure, but sometimes it's not worth it to try to bring the answer for every possible thing.  Bloodlust is more all-purpose

Strategem is a windmill slam, even after you've locked in Loan.  Bishop, Miracle, and Synod are good wincons.  Wealthy Patron is a nice place to put your food procs and you can try to hide it behind an interceptor, but usually you want a higher quality interceptor than Halting Rebuke, like Veil Warden, Palisade, Mercenary, Goatrider, etc.  Underworld Barge will just win you some games, and sometimes invites you to use a strategy with no intercept since it's tanky and it's great to let it die then redraw it.  Subterfuge makes you money and comboes with Stratagem.  But everything comboes with Stratagem.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 08:38:11 pm by popsofctown »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.