Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15  All

Author Topic: War of Omens, flash CCG with deckbuilding elements  (Read 84576 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: War of Omens, flash CCG with deckbuilding elements
« Reply #200 on: October 09, 2015, 12:18:05 pm »

Fortunately since you can pick rares to keep, it's usually significant.  You only have to pick a rare 5 times to get the level 2 version of the rare, and for rares that are expensive anyway that's usually plenty good.

Some rares that I draft a lot are getting pretty upgraded for me, my Miracle is at like 40% of the way to max.  Maybe I'll be able to build an incredibly goofy deck of 3 miracles, 2 loans, 2 Usuries, and collect taxes and stuff.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 10, 2015, 01:39:14 am »
+1

Got my first fully upgraded common: Deceit. Robbery is one tick away from fully upgraded too.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 10, 2015, 09:40:11 pm »

Deceit is a nice card.  Robbery gets wrecked by counterplay, sadly.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 11, 2015, 02:35:13 pm »

How strong do you think this tournament deck is?

Dowager Anibaldo (epic coins)

Militia/Sibylline Scrolls
Bloodlust/Feast/Fertility Offering/Repopulate
Lacky/Seduce/Arson
Golem

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 11, 2015, 02:43:28 pm »

Lacky/Seduce/Arson
Golem
I don't know. You have a bunch of rituals to draw/replicate allies, but you have no allies that you really want to spam or which have more than one health other than the defensive Golem. That is to say, there are no that give huge payoffs when protected except maybe from Seduce. There are no cards that are good with card spam either.

On another note, man this game really wants you to keep up with the learning curve. I unlocked Master skirmish two days ago. The next two days had quests for win 5 Master games and win 3 Master games in a row. I managed to do these with a Ritual Liet deck, but I'd have no way to do them for the other colours. It was a similar story for the other skirmish difficulties when I had unlocked those.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 11, 2015, 02:50:05 pm »

Lacky/Seduce/Arson
Golem

I don't know. You have a bunch of rituals to draw/replicate allies, but you have no allies that you really want to spam or which have more than one health other than the defensive Golem. That is to say, there are no that give huge payoffs when protected except maybe from Seduce. There are no cards that are good with card spam either.

On another note, man this game really wants you to keep up with the learning curve. I unlocked Master skirmish two days ago. The next two days had quests for win 5 Master games and win 3 Master games in a row. I managed to do these with a Ritual Liet deck, but I'd have no way to do them for the other colours. It was a similar story for the other skirmish difficulties when I had unlocked those.

So the idea was, Fertility Offering to make lots of Militias, that I would be able to redraw instantly every time they were killed using Feast or Repopulate. Golem is good to copy obviously, and saccing it to Feast/Repopulate to redraw later with full health was fun too. Went 4-3, which was better than I expected. Just thought it was a weird deck that kind of all came together. Lackey + Coins ended up being my "win condition" a lot of the time.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 11, 2015, 03:14:46 pm »

Lacky/Seduce/Arson
Golem

I just beat it, and I wasn't impressed, Drab :(

You don't have any good targets to draw after a Feast.  Golem never dies, so it won't be in your deck, unless you Ferted it, and that's an edge case. 
Running both Feast and Repopulate runs a huge risk that you restock both of them and don't restock enough allies.

Feasting on a Lackey has a 50% chance to destroy it, and that kinda sucks.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 11, 2015, 03:26:48 pm »

So I've unlocked Esra recently (also Mogesh). I've been tinkering with a deck for Esra a bit and it seems to be having some success. I have a Colossal Aurochs in there. I have lots of fun using ritual Sacrifice on Lepers early on, then getting to redraw the Lepers.

My question is if you want Orphan Gang and/or Gold Panners in an Esra deck. I think you need them as a sink for Food, but what is the best way to use them? When should you buy them and when shouldn't you buy them?

Exit: Also, Scavenger and Herd of Goats. Where do they belong?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 03:29:29 pm by markusin »

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 11, 2015, 03:46:10 pm »

Lacky/Seduce/Arson
Golem

I just beat it, and I wasn't impressed, Drab :(

You don't have any good targets to draw after a Feast.  Golem never dies, so it won't be in your deck, unless you Ferted it, and that's an edge case. 
Running both Feast and Repopulate runs a huge risk that you restock both of them and don't restock enough allies.

Feasting on a Lackey has a 50% chance to destroy it, and that kinda sucks.

I didn't say it was good, but it was fun :p

Golem dies to Feast and Repopulate too, when it's been damaged, and then gets redrawn at full health. I would have liked one more cheap ally, yeah, but I certainly wasn't building this on purpose; it just kind of came together. :)

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 11, 2015, 03:49:41 pm »
+2

So I've unlocked Esra recently (also Mogesh). I've been tinkering with a deck for Esra a bit and it seems to be having some success. I have a Colossal Aurochs in there. I have lots of fun using ritual Sacrifice on Lepers early on, then getting to redraw the Lepers.

My question is if you want Orphan Gang and/or Gold Panners in an Esra deck. I think you need them as a sink for Food, but what is the best way to use them? When should you buy them and when shouldn't you buy them?

The Esra deck I shamelessly stole from somewhere:

Ritual Slaughter 0/1/2
Herd of Boars 5/6
Serpent Altar 4
Rite of Combat 5
Lepers 3
Scrivener 6
Orphan Gang 3

Orphan Gang is the food sink, but I almost exclusively buy it to finish the game. You don't want to be drawing Orphan Gangs instead of Slaughter targets. If I need to buy one sooner than that, then I pocket it after redrawing it so it doesn't keep getting redrawn.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 11, 2015, 04:41:15 pm »

Yeah that's the best Esra strategy.  More creative stuff requires full upgrades.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 12, 2015, 02:59:42 pm »
+2

I don't know if I will keep playing this. I am not actually sure if I am having fun, or just enjoying the satisfaction of unlocking things...
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 12, 2015, 03:27:02 pm »
+2

I don't know if I will keep playing this. I am not actually sure if I am having fun, or just enjoying the satisfaction of unlocking things...

Hey, if you get satisfaction from unlocking things, you'll enjoy this game for a long, long, long time.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 12, 2015, 04:15:54 pm »

Hey, if you get satisfaction from unlocking things, you'll enjoy this game for a long, long, long time.
I have seen players with 10 skull coins and a maxed Sofacatro deck, but I doubt anyone can build every possible deck.  And unlocking all six Champion's paizas takes many many many moons.

I'm a lot closer to "I am not sure if I am enjoying the satisfaction of unlocking things, or I am just having fun", since I mostly draft, and at this point after an 8-0 draft I can only click rares that I already have but will never max, and then I just draft again.  And more importantly, no amount of upgrading things will change the draft experience.   Only the ticket at 7 or 8 wins that lets me draft again has any meaning.

Hearthstone is pretty similar in terms of me hardly unlocking everything when I finish an arena run, although I know in five years War of Omens will probably be gone and any card I've collected on Hearthstone will probably stick around, so it's a slightly more valuable prize.  But War of Omens has game mechanics I find interesting, and it's harder to play an entire game without misplaying at least once, and a biggie, the amount of time you get to take your turn is actually related to how much time it ought to take you to think.  I need reddit just to make Hearthstone tolerable with the number of people roping to decide whether they want to play Zombie Chow or nothing turn 1.

Mark my words, and bet me 40$, the developer that realizes they should make a limited-oriented card game with a functional f2p model will make half as much money as the guys that realized they should make a 5v5 oriented RTS with a functional f2p model.  Which is a lot of money.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 04:18:48 pm by popsofctown »

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 12, 2015, 05:03:13 pm »

Right, but other games might offer the same "unlocking" experience with a better fun/time ratio. I've been playing one or two hours per day for three weeks now, and I have the feeling that I might have enjoyed more spending my time elsewhere (like, Duel of Champions, although that one had a glacial unlocking pace). My Steam backlog is basically infinite at this point, for example.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 12, 2015, 05:09:11 pm »
+2

I'm sick of people complaining about their infinite steam backlogs, it makes me feel so poor :( first world problems.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 12, 2015, 06:32:15 pm »
+3

I just got destroyed by an engine some guy named Rabid drafted.  I thought that phase of my life was over.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 12, 2015, 06:39:35 pm »

I don't know. I've gotten pretty addicted. Almost every time I get a new card or a card levels up, I go back and play more games to see what limits my decks can reach with it. I'm easily playing 2+ hours a day, and 5+ hours when I have the day off.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 12, 2015, 08:52:58 pm »

I'm sick of people complaining about their infinite steam backlogs, it makes me feel so poor :( first world problems.

MY PROBLEMS ARE REAL OK!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I don't know. I've gotten pretty addicted. Almost every time I get a new card or a card levels up, I go back and play more games to see what limits my decks can reach with it. I'm easily playing 2+ hours a day, and 5+ hours when I have the day off.

I have like half my commons completely upgraded, half my uncommons upgraded once, and 3 fourths of the scarces. I still get destroyed in multiplayer, but my unlock rhythm has slowed down considerably. Dunno.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 08:54:38 pm by pacovf »

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 12, 2015, 09:35:38 pm »

Not sure if Rabid found my post to upvote it because he searches his username, or because he's a War of Omens player for real..

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #220 on: October 12, 2015, 09:40:54 pm »

Not sure if Rabid found my post to upvote it because he searches his username, or because he's a War of Omens player for real..

I found it because I read all the posts.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 12, 2015, 10:35:56 pm »

Not sure if this was a f.ds member, but I hope that player really appreciated my throwing the game. In his bank: Seduce. In my bank: Zamgizar.

It seems that round-2 kills do not trigger the multiplayer quest. It was over too quickly. The other person was left unsatisfied apparently.
A man has no signature

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 12, 2015, 10:55:55 pm »
+1

You should try playing with your left hand.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 12, 2015, 11:14:52 pm »

It seems that round-2 kills do not trigger the multiplayer quest.

That's a shame, I wanted to finish a multiplayer quest with Diviner Charm x30 -> Bounty someday.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 12, 2015, 11:27:06 pm »

It seems that round-2 kills do not trigger the multiplayer quest.

That's a shame, I wanted to finish a multiplayer quest with Diviner Charm x30 -> Bounty someday.

Well, it might have been a time-based constraint and not a round-based constraint. I've seen concessions not count when they happen too early.

But I was pleased with how quickly I got myself killed with Zamgizar and Seduce. I feel there should have been an achievement unlocked or something.
A man has no signature
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.