Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15  All

Author Topic: War of Omens, flash CCG with deckbuilding elements  (Read 84596 times)

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
Re: War of Omens, flash CCG with deckbuilding elements
« Reply #175 on: October 07, 2015, 10:29:07 pm »
+2

I would like to thank people that play Draft late in the evening for their contribution to my collection of level 4 cards. This wouldn't be possible without their selfless cooperation.

In other news, I finally have all non-epic heroes. Yay me.

EDIT: any idea how Miracle works? It won me a couple of games in the last Draft. Always gave me pretty expensive cards, which seems kinda busted, despite the randomness.
Oh hey I'll probably be one of those people from time to time.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 07, 2015, 11:03:44 pm »

I would like to thank people that play Draft late in the evening for their contribution to my collection of level 4 cards. This wouldn't be possible without their selfless cooperation.

In other news, I finally have all non-epic heroes. Yay me.

EDIT: any idea how Miracle works? It won me a couple of games in the last Draft. Always gave me pretty expensive cards, which seems kinda busted, despite the randomness.

God gives you a card.

It's totally not random, but the algorithm isn't known. But it tries to give you "useful" cards, depending on what it thinks you need.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 07, 2015, 11:25:14 pm »

It also prefers to give you Vespitole cards and Daramek cards, and gives you Metris cards a bit less often, and mostly only Coup de Grace or Stratagem for Metris (and Arsenic.  It decides you need a busted Metris card sometimes)

Almost never (does it ever?) get endazu

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 08, 2015, 12:07:32 am »

I finally got Sofocatro!  He is very fun to play as.  :D
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 08, 2015, 01:13:40 am »

I finally got Sofocatro!  He is very fun to play as.  :D
I got him too. I use him for decks that use Loan and big cards to build up to a 1-turn KO.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 08, 2015, 08:46:02 am »

His art is pretty cool too.

Triple Corruption Triple Bounty might be my least favorite deck in the game, though.  Probably balanced, but least skill intensive of all the decks in the game to play.  I'm mainly playing Triple Ritual Slaughter Triple Herd of Boars Esra, but I at least have to decide how I want to spend magic and food and skulls (In Triple Corruption deciding whether to use a skull is just calculating whether you are dead next turn if you refuse to use it since it has so much value if you invest on it.)

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 08, 2015, 11:32:10 am »

His art is pretty cool too.

Triple Corruption Triple Bounty might be my least favorite deck in the game, though.  Probably balanced, but least skill intensive of all the decks in the game to play.  I'm mainly playing Triple Ritual Slaughter Triple Herd of Boars Esra, but I at least have to decide how I want to spend magic and food and skulls (In Triple Corruption deciding whether to use a skull is just calculating whether you are dead next turn if you refuse to use it since it has so much value if you invest on it.)
Honestly I don't care so much for that playstyle either (and I don't have corruption ao the deck is only Apprentice/Journeyman material). The decks I'm mostly playing right now are an Ally-based Green deck with Marshal as the win-card, a ritual based red deck with Rite of Combat, Festival, and Feast, and a Purple (Raktaba'an) deck with the Gilded Warriors, Grave Contract, and Argoreth Flower as payload along with good intercept cards and Gilded Scribes. The purple deck also has Cantillation because I find it to be a really fun card.

I don't know if any of those decks are based on competitive viable archetypes.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 08, 2015, 12:08:41 pm »

Ally based green is solid, but I don't think it's really a tier 1 deck. 

The Raktaban deck sounds like a bad version of Jesmai since Jesmai's ability is better for the intercepty strategy.  Endazu is considered weak in general in multiplayer, sadly, and sadly the best way to make Endazu decent in multiplayer is to play an aggro burny deck.  Calipeth burn is pretty fun though.

I think Liet Rituals is potentially a tier1 or tier1.5 thing.  Rite of Combat is a great card, Festival has crazy bank advantage potential.

But, y'know, as a reminder, a lot of tier1 decks are really expensive, and if you want to kick can in multiplayer before 2050 you should set your eyes on a tier1 or tier1.5 deck that is highly affordable.  I think Esboar is the handsdown best, but there's also burn decks from theo, cali, vald, and rakta.  Somewhat ironically, Pocchi infinite is actually pretty affordable if you spend Ingots on Synod.  There might be other cheap decks out there I'm not aware of, I'm not fully informed, I spam too much draft.  But multiplayer trifecta and stuff is easier if you can get at least 1 good deck early.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 08, 2015, 12:28:32 pm »

I don't have any Red heroes besides List, but I have Theo and Vald, so Blue can go somewhere. I'm still trying to upgrade the blue commons to max though. I play a lot these days so I'll get there pretty soon I think. I have no Purple Heroes besides Rakta.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 08, 2015, 12:33:16 pm »

Also, when I say "good" Purple intercepts, I mean Halting Rebuke and Warding Circle (which are good for Rakta), not the Anima based ones(Veil Warden and Golem) because I don't have those.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 08, 2015, 12:57:51 pm »

What exactly is a burn deck? Is that where you attack the hero directly?
A man has no signature

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 08, 2015, 01:30:11 pm »

I don't have any Red heroes besides List, but I have Theo and Vald, so Blue can go somewhere. I'm still trying to upgrade the blue commons to max though. I play a lot these days so I'll get there pretty soon I think. I have no Purple Heroes besides Rakta.

As someone who has spent nearly all his packs into Blue for more than two weeks, and is still getting nowhere with the colour, I'd recommend you set your eyes elsewhere...
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 08, 2015, 01:43:39 pm »

What exactly is a burn deck? Is that where you attack the hero directly?

You try to attack the enemy hero really fast without improving your deck very much/ without establishing good board position with permanents.

Only Theo and Vald can skip past allies and attack the enemy hero directly, using stuff like ambush.  Most burn decks have to use stuff like Unstable Runes or Whispered Barbs that will attack minions even though your main goal is to melt the enemy heroes face.  But the Unstable Rune type stuff is just so efficient that that's what you want to do, it's better than running 3 Behold the Veil or something.

Of the 4 I mentioned Calipeth burn does the most to improve her deck, which is kinda fun.  You use Paper Vipers and Unstable Runes and Scroll of Petals up and tuck them into your deck and redraw them, and your burninating gets burnier and burnier over time even though you don't start out as burnalicious as  the other guys.  Even though Raktaban isn't metris, he uses on-hold cards which don't particularly improve the quality of your deck really.

Aggressive decks involving Rite of Combat are also called burn decks often times.  Esboar is kind of a burn deck.  It's pretty hard to call anything Vespitole does burn, Corruption is just an instant win combo.

I guess most of that wasn't pertinent to you question but sometimes I just get to talkin about War of Omens.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 08, 2015, 02:01:11 pm »

^ Being new to the game, I lile reading ramblings about it.

Oh I also have Birondelle (lucky me with a rare hero). What do you do with her?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 08, 2015, 03:19:55 pm »
+1

Cry.

She's extremely upgrade dependent.  The best decks focus on bank control, running Stolen Plans and Misinformation to slow down the opponent's game plan so that the restock ability will win the game over time.  Stolen plans is a Hero Card iirc, Misinformation is rare.

Before you have a huge collection the best way to play her is probably to close your eyes and pretend she's theodox and play a burn deck, but you'll probably win fewer games than if you just took the same 10 cards and played Theo.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 08, 2015, 03:47:41 pm »

Cry.

She's extremely upgrade dependent.  The best decks focus on bank control, running Stolen Plans and Misinformation to slow down the opponent's game plan so that the restock ability will win the game over time.  Stolen plans is a Hero Card iirc, Misinformation is rare.

Before you have a huge collection the best way to play her is probably to close your eyes and pretend she's theodox and play a burn deck, but you'll probably win fewer games than if you just took the same 10 cards and played Theo.

Stolen Plans is Birondelle's hero card.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 08, 2015, 11:39:53 pm »

Played a game in Draft where my opponent got to 98 health. He was going for Herding Stones, and I was going control-oriented. That took foreeeeeeever.

I also played a guy who had enchanted urn and no other (apparent) way to generate magic, which was kinda funny until he Stolen Plans'd my Rite of Brood...

Lackey plus the hero that draws an extra card is all sorts of broken! Especially since like one guy in three doesn't prioritize killing them for some reason.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 09, 2015, 01:10:28 am »

Was that me?
Played a game in Draft where my opponent got to 98 health. He was going for Herding Stones, and I was going control-oriented. That took foreeeeeeever.
Was  that me?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 09, 2015, 01:33:40 am »

Pretty sure that he wasn't called pops, but I could be wrong. If you played Doge and lost because the other guy drew his Holy Wrath (that he got from a Stolen Plans'd Summoning Rift, no less) twice in a row, then yes.

I am certain I've faced Kuildeous before in regular multiplayer though. But he threw the game with Time Merchant :(

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 09, 2015, 01:42:51 am »

Dude.  Time Merchant is a way of life. 

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 09, 2015, 01:43:44 am »

Yeah, I don't play Herding Stones in Doge generally

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 09, 2015, 06:45:01 am »
+1

I am certain I've faced Kuildeous before in regular multiplayer though. But he threw the game with Time Merchant :(

You caught me. I was likely watching TV and idly clicking things. I figured if I was going to lose multiplayer, I could at least do the other person a favor and speed things along. Time Merchant, Zamgizar (sp?), and Blood Pact all help me accomplish that goal.

Sorry I couldn't give you a legit battle.
A man has no signature

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 09, 2015, 10:02:37 am »

zamzigar is pretty awesome for killing yourself, especially if you can play it into seduce and buff it to max.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 09, 2015, 11:54:09 am »

I got a 6-2 draft run yesterday (record for me after 4 drafts total). To my disappointment, the card I chose to keep (Golem) wasn't max upgraded.

So then, what happens when you choose to keep a card you already own? Does it upgrade a level, or does it just go up a step towards upgrading it?

The deck itself (with Anibaldo) was:
Loan
Rite of Combat
Warship
Odeshir's Echo
Banker
Golem
Merchant of Time
Seduce
Prayer
<Some card I can't remember. Maybe Palisade?> Bloodlust

Managed to sneak a few wins with Odeshir's Echo into Rite of Combat while buying a second Rite of Combat mid-turn. Crazy stuff.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:29:22 pm by markusin »

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 09, 2015, 11:56:23 am »

Keeping a card from draft is like picking it from a pack; it's only one tick of upgrade.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15  All

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.