Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Respect Activation?  (Read 2573 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
Respect Activation?
« on: July 27, 2014, 11:39:11 pm »
+1

I have a feeling this is impossible, but is there a way to maybe make upvotes still work in specific threads (maybe the mod of the thread can say) in board that they don't work in?  They could default to off, and if the thread creator wants, can say to have them.  I'm mainly thinking of the jokey threads that are in those boards (some of the ridiculous forum games, Let's take things completely out of context, etc.).
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
Re: Respect Activation?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 07:44:39 am »
+1

I have a feeling this is impossible, but is there a way to maybe make upvotes still work in specific threads (maybe the mod of the thread can say) in board that they don't work in?  They could default to off, and if the thread creator wants, can say to have them.  I'm mainly thinking of the jokey threads that are in those boards (some of the ridiculous forum games, Let's take things completely out of context, etc.).
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of disabling respect in those boards in the first place?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 08:32:32 am »

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of disabling respect in those boards in the first place?
For forum games, probably yes, but I don't think it does for RSP.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 03:23:50 pm »

Most threads shouldn't have it activated, but there are a few threads that you feel like SHOULD have it, and are in that board for a different reason than most of the other threads.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 06:19:53 pm »

If that's possible, the reverse is probably also possible. I could see some threads that have upvotes but shouldn't.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 06:26:49 pm »

I like the idea, but unfortunately, the plugin can only be enabled/disabled on a per-board basis.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.