Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M49: James Bond Mafia - Town wins!  (Read 184468 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: M49: James Bond Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1000 on: September 14, 2014, 04:14:18 pm »

SK and voltaire, Robz isn't getting lynched today, move your votes.

But yes, don't hammer joth.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: September 14, 2014, 04:20:02 pm »

so, the first thing he does is make a case against sudgy, but he backs off really quickly. then he makes a pretty terrible case against me, and doesn't back off as easily. making two cases and backing off both of them quickly looks suspicious, so it's not surprising that he changed it up, pretty much regardless of whether or not he thought that i was a strong case.

then there is this large case on XP

Scummy things on re-read:

It's a very, very natural for a new player to think "I am town, how dares he vote for me! He must be scum.".

When I thought that there was no exclamation mark. And tbh, I wasn't thinking that he was scum. Just "how dare he vote for me."

Ok, this is pretty scummy -- Zog actually admitting to voting for someone he didn't think was scum. And we all sort of let that slip by. But, idk, in context it sort of fits with how newbie he's being. So not sure it's the best case today.

The case I actually like here is XP. During RVS, he throws his vote around a lot, that's fine, everyone does that. Then the case starts building on sudgy and he really shamelessly sheeps it:

vote: sudgy

Baa.

Then he does something he'll do over and over again: defend Robz in Robz's absence, despite that Robz has posted nothing of substance all day.

Didn't you just see robz has no time right now to defend himself?

Sudgy/SK scumteam??

The main thing I don't like is his going back to RVS after something has already begun that he has an opinion on.

A few people vote for him over his SK/sudgy scumteam accusation. He rapidly backs off.

Whatever. Forget the SK thing. I do think Sudgy overreacted here, but maybe we should leave that for another day. Sudgy tends to get lynched for this independent of alignment.

unvote

I have a small scumread on Eevee for using overreaction as the case on sudgy when he should know better.

Sudgy "over"reacts all the time, whether scum or town, and Eevee's been around long enough to know this. It's a null tell for him.

Then he disappears for like 5 pages, and then posts this.

Why is everyone voting for robz?

I think vet scum would just accept it immediately, like they did in dice Mafia. Kind of like Eevee, who also jumped on the easiest ladder that very well might have gone through except for the unforeseen mason claim, especially knowing that sudgy is an easy mislynch.

Silverspawn/Hydrad's reactions, since they're newer, are also bad, but Hydras sounds more sincere to me somehow.

Voltaire has me in his suspicion list, which I don't like, but he seems to be acting pretty towny.

Witherweaver, Joth, and KingZog haven't done anything I noticed, so I'll have to look at them later.

That, after the second defense of Robz/panic about Robz votes, strikes me as a classic scum "acti-lurking" post. It tries to look like participation, but fails to pin down anything worthwhile or add anything new.

By the way, as I far as I know, I've reposted everything XP has posted in this thread since RVS. And it's consisted of:

-sheeping
-lurking
-actilurking
-backpedaling
-being weirdly concerned about Robz

All that is enough for me to Vote: XerxesPraelor. I hope you will all join me.

that's the XP case. the problem with that is, we don't know if XP is town. If he is scum, it's town points for joth. We could lynch XP first, but we kinda need a good lynch now.

the next 3 quotes are also worth pointing out I think:

unofficial vote count, just because there has been a lot of voting since the last one:

Eevee (2): Hydrad, XP
Robz888 (2): chairs, Voltaire
Hydrad (2): Witherweaver, Eevee
jotheonah (1): SK
XerxesPraelor (3): jotheonah, Kingzog3, sudgy
TwistedArcher (1): silverspawn

Not Voting (2): Robz888, Twistedarcher

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 6:00pm FT on September 2nd.

Would it be too much trouble to ask the Hydrad voters to lay out their case in one post so we can compare the merits of the two cases more easily? I'm certainly not against a Hydrad lynch, but I do think I like XP better right now.

It's amazing how little action is happening so close to deadline. Does no one have strong opinions? Robz, TA, chairs is it possible for you to participate some more? Anyone else want to switch to XP?

he's just trying really hard. I guess this is towny? The thing is that a stalling game is sort of a win-win for scum. either he does nothing, then there isn't much conversation, which is good, and because noone is doing anything, it is not suspicious. or he does what joth did here, than it's good because it will look towny. the vote count is also trying really hard. but that's not scummy, though it's weird that he is accusing me of that if he does it himself. that's somewhat scummy, because it's reasonable that scum!joth doesn't really realize how hard he's trying.

then there's this:

I see some merit in the case, and I also think TA is reacting to it in a scummy way. I still like XP the most, but in the interest of getting some movement going, vote: twistedarcher

I won't vote for TA. I don't believe Robz will. His wagon moved way too fast with no opposition. He's either town or his team has given up on him. Or, I guess, Robz is his teammate and just totally played me which, I'll admit is a possibility.

that's a 180, but for legit reasons. it looks earnest. not so earnest is that he hammered TA later, that's the worst thing. I'll say more about that later.

That's a possibility, but Occam's razor applies here I think. Until I have reason to think otherwise, it makes more sense that there's one scum faction and they shot sudgy, than that there are two, one shit sudgy, the other shot XP but he was doctored.
this looks towny to me. there are a bunch of posts that do, I'm not including all, but look at this one

So something is clearly not working for this game right now.

I'd be willing to lynch WW, Zog, chairs, XP, and Robz, to significantly different degrees. My vote is where I want it right now. I think chairs is actually a darn good lynch. Stalled game, scum clearly is fine with that, lynch a lurker. chairs, if you're town, we need you to actually do something.

I don't think it makes sense to blame scum for a stalled game. Scum is, at most, 4 people. It takes a whole town to not talk. I think everyone should post a vote or a case or a reads list or SOMETHING.

the thing with this one is, he's making a case that hurts him if he is scum, because he was trying to un-stall the game, but it's unlikely that anyone digs deep enough to give him a town read for it like I'm doing now.

then there is a weak case on voltlaire...

this is weird:

WW, can I ask you to reconsider Eevee? I haven't re-read him, so this is a pretty barely-formulated case, but his behavior right now (saying over and over again that he's working on a reread but never actually posting anything) is pretty classic scum actilurking. I can't think of a single meaningful contribution he's made this game, at least not since he spotted the mason claim at the very very beginning. He's just sort of been hovering around, seeming towny.

because he was calling eevee towny earlier. but then again, that's a long time ago, and town!joth could have forgotten about it

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: September 14, 2014, 04:22:18 pm »

Ok I'm around for the end of the day. But at this moment I still like the joth vote a bit more then xp.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: September 14, 2014, 04:23:45 pm »

dunno, this isn't going as well as I'd hoped. I'll unvote for now, though I think my vote was on XP not on joth.

this post, as I already said, really bothers me

So something is clearly not working for this game right now.

I'd be willing to lynch WW, Zog, chairs, XP, and Robz, to significantly different degrees. My vote is where I want it right now. I think chairs is actually a darn good lynch. Stalled game, scum clearly is fine with that, lynch a lurker. chairs, if you're town, we need you to actually do something.

I don't think it makes sense to blame scum for a stalled game. Scum is, at most, 4 people. It takes a whole town to not talk. I think everyone should post a vote or a case or a reads list or SOMETHING.

I almost don't want to lynch him anymore because of this. if scum!joth wants to look towny, it makes sense to be active and push the game for action. but it does not make sense to defend other stallers like this. and if it was a conscious decision, why didn't he point it out by now? or am i reading way too much into this?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: September 14, 2014, 04:30:29 pm »

finishing my analysis, the worst thing he did was his behavior at the end of day1. first, he joins my case on TA. then he backs off and votes for Hydrad. Then he switches to XP. XP claimes doctor, and he instantly backs off. he switches to hydrad, hydrad claims one shot vig, and he backs off. then we go for TA, TA claims VT, and he hammers without discussing it. Why? Joth, explain.

On reread, I think we should have backed off TA, because he did not hammer XP when he had the chance. scum!TA would have done that. But I do think TA should have defended himself better.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: September 14, 2014, 04:32:44 pm »

that looks extremely scummy to me. but there's also this:

If there is an actual doctor: DO NOT COUNTERCLAIM.

if joth expected to get town points for this, why didn't he use it as a defense? stopping a potential claim is really bad for scum, he must have expected some kind of big reward.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 14, 2014, 04:40:39 pm »

Right now I will hammer at deadline if its XP or joth just letting you guys know. I'm thinking XP has a higher chance of being scum but also if hes doctor its a bigger risk to lose him. In this situation do I vote for who I think is slightly more scummy or do I vote for someone who we might get more information from the lynch...
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 14, 2014, 04:41:31 pm »

Actually I'm starting to like joth less and less. Hes also someone who is keeping the game active whether or not hes scum or town. Keeping it active helps town.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 14, 2014, 04:41:59 pm »

that looks extremely scummy to me. but there's also this:

If there is an actual doctor: DO NOT COUNTERCLAIM.

if joth expected to get town points for this, why didn't he use it as a defense? stopping a potential claim is really bad for scum, he must have expected some kind of big reward.
nah, a doctor wouldn't have counterclaimed anyway

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 14, 2014, 04:46:02 pm »

Just making sure I have the time right. Is deadline in 15 minutes?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 14, 2014, 04:46:51 pm »

Just making sure I have the time right. Is deadline in 15 minutes?
yes

I still prefer XP

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M49: James Bond Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1011 on: September 14, 2014, 04:47:17 pm »

Bond slowly walked towards the blackjack table. He sat down, lit a cigarette, and leaned back in his chair. "Well at least I can relax tonight." he thought...

Vote Count 2.9

Robz888 (2): SK, Voltaire
jotheonah (5): Witherweaver, Eevee, Hydrad, Robz888, XerxesPraelor [L-1]
XerxesPraelor (3): liopoil, Kingzog3, jotheonah

Not Voting (1): silverspawn

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 2 ends Sept. 14 at 5pm FT (~14 minutes).
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 14, 2014, 04:50:09 pm »

Ok I'm starting to prefer XP also. if we get 2 more people on him I would hammer.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 14, 2014, 04:50:15 pm »

Sorry on my phone. TA hammer was not scummy-- it was clear that he was the day's lynch, and I was worried about outing any more PRs (outing 2 was not exactly ideal). Also iirc, deadline was close.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 14, 2014, 04:51:35 pm »

sorry kingzog, can't play or league match now, deadline in 9 minutes!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 14, 2014, 04:51:50 pm »

seriously can I prod him on goko?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 14, 2014, 04:52:56 pm »

silverspawn vote for XP, hydrad too

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 14, 2014, 04:53:09 pm »

maybe voltaire?

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 14, 2014, 04:53:20 pm »

seriously can I prod him on goko?

No.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 14, 2014, 04:54:26 pm »

well I had to tell him why I can't play our match right now, so I told him it was because of mafia. Sorry if that was bad, not sure what else I should have done

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: September 14, 2014, 04:56:18 pm »

oups i thought it was in one hour. ...

there is probably no time for a third target. I don't want to nolynch. I'm not doing joth. I might do XP

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: September 14, 2014, 04:56:27 pm »

well I had to tell him why I can't play our match right now, so I told him it was because of mafia. Sorry if that was bad, not sure what else I should have done

That's fine, just no "hey, deadline is coming up!"

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 14, 2014, 04:56:35 pm »

Gah, XP lynch isn't happening.

joth, claim

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: September 14, 2014, 04:57:20 pm »

intent to hammer

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 14, 2014, 04:57:42 pm »

oups i thought it was in one hour. ...

there is probably no time for a third target. I don't want to nolynch. I'm not doing joth. I might do XP
now
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 20 queries.