Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M49: James Bond Mafia - Town wins!  (Read 184264 times)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M49: James Bond Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #625 on: September 04, 2014, 05:10:07 pm »

Bond kept his foot pressed on the accelerator, not stopping for anything. Pedestrians jumped out of the way, cars skidded to a stop, and still Bond pursued. Once on the winding country roads Bond caught a glimpse of the Audi. He pressed his foot even more firmly into the gas. Soon he was bumper to bumper with the car, nudging it here and there trying to make it swerve to a stop. "Damn you!" Bond cursed, letting his emotions get the best of him. He slammed his foot down on the pedal, pulled up alongside the black luxury car and peered over to see an obviously frightened middle aged white man. He didn't recognize him and he didn't hesitate to swerve into the car and finish the job. It was only in the split second before the car tumbled over the edge of the cliff did Bond see the tall, muscular, black figure of Mayday tied and gagged in the back seat. Bond slammed on the brakes, paused for a moment and screamed at the top of his lungs. Two beautiful women had been killed. Two people he could've counted on to figure this whole thing out. Now what was he to do?

Sudgy has been killed in the night! He was Mayday, the MI-6 Aligned Mason.

Day 2 starts now!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 11:23:52 pm by AndrewisFTTW »
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 04, 2014, 05:10:19 pm »

Vote Count 2.0

Not Voting (11): Witherweaver, Hydrad, Kingzog3, Robz888, chairs, Eevee, XerxesPraelor, SK, Voltaire, silverspawn, jotheonah

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 2 ends Sept. 14 at 5pm FT.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 04, 2014, 05:23:31 pm »

would it be good play for a SK to target a mason? could the death of sudgy be from a SK and the target of scum doctored? or do we have to assume no SK now?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 04, 2014, 05:27:55 pm »

vote: silverspawn SK hunting = mafia

I have an idea or seven.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 04, 2014, 05:29:57 pm »

vote: silverspawn SK hunting = mafia

I have an idea or seven.

Start with Idea 4.

Silver was 99% Town to you yesterday, FYI.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: September 04, 2014, 05:32:09 pm »

Silver was 99% Town to you yesterday, FYI.

He was indeed. unvote Phoeey. I just remembered why. He is null now.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: September 04, 2014, 05:34:38 pm »

I absolutely don't understand the basis of my latest post being scummy even in the slightest. I just asked what's probably one of the main questions we should answer now.

if there is no SK, why didn't scum kill XP? because of the threat of a doctor? or did they try to kill him and he was doctored?

which brings me back to my question, would it be good play for an SK to target a mason?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: September 04, 2014, 05:44:27 pm »

I absolutely don't understand the basis of my latest post being scummy even in the slightest. I just asked what's probably one of the main questions we should answer now.

if there is no SK, why didn't scum kill XP? because of the threat of a doctor? or did they try to kill him and he was doctored?

which brings me back to my question, would it be good play for an SK to target a mason?

Well, XP is not confirmed, so we may lynch him.  Know way we were lynching Sudgy or SK.

I'd say it's a good idea for any scum to hit a Mason.  Sudgy could have been double-shot, or XP could have succesfully protected one.  Or there is no SK.  XP can be scum too.  An SK may or may not be out there; I would say there isn't a lot to glean from the night kill so far.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: September 04, 2014, 05:48:35 pm »

Personally I have my doubts about xp but I guess I'm ok with letting him live for a bit in case he is a doctor. But I find it really weird that scum didn't kill him if he is a doctor. I guess theres a chance we have another doctor or a 1 shot doctor that saved him. Or maybe scum kept him alive to see if we would lynch him and it saves scum a night kill on him.

Honestly this situation is really annoying and I'm curious what others think of it.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 04, 2014, 05:50:13 pm »

Not killing IC's is somewhat dangerous.. Teproc and I tried that in Monster's U and it got us in a lot of trouble.  The Masons weren't quite IC's, but close enough I would say.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: September 04, 2014, 05:51:17 pm »

well the big thing is that XP is still alive. that can mean one of the following things
-> he was doctored
-> he was left alive so that we think he's scum and lynch him
-> he is scum
-> scum thinks he fakeclaimed. but that's supposedly not a good thing to do.

while we're at it, why is that a bad thing to do? say TA had claimed to be... dunno... town cop. we probably would have lynched someone else then, who might have been scum. why is that not good play?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 04, 2014, 05:52:20 pm »

on and another option is of course

-> he was not even targeted because scum thought it was too risky that a doctor protects him.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 04, 2014, 05:54:06 pm »

well the big thing is that XP is still alive. that can mean one of the following things
-> he was doctored
-> he was left alive so that we think he's scum and lynch him
-> he is scum
-> scum thinks he fakeclaimed. but that's supposedly not a good thing to do.

while we're at it, why is that a bad thing to do? say TA had claimed to be... dunno... town cop. we probably would have lynched someone else then, who might have been scum. why is that not good play?

I think it could be dangerous. What if the actual town cop says no i'm the cop! comes out thinking weve causght scum. then all thats happening is we guess on one of them. find out they are town and then lynch TA lets say. Now we still killed TA but scum also know who our cop is.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 04, 2014, 05:56:01 pm »

there can be several cops in this setup.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M49: James Bond Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #639 on: September 04, 2014, 07:55:16 pm »

I think it's pretty obvious that, given all the suspicion I had yesterday, that they left me alive in hope of a mislynch later. Also, should I reveal my target?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 04, 2014, 07:59:20 pm »

I think it's pretty obvious that, given all the suspicion I had yesterday, that they left me alive in hope of a mislynch later. Also, should I reveal my target?
i think yes. SK?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 04, 2014, 08:39:20 pm »

I have some thoughts, but first I want to know who XP claims to have targeted. Please do that.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 04, 2014, 08:40:36 pm »

Silverspawn. I thought he was active and towny, but not an obvious doctor target.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 04, 2014, 08:41:50 pm »

uw. I really don't agree with this choice. there are 2 masons, why not target one of them.

nice of you though <3

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 04, 2014, 08:43:33 pm »

Silverspawn. I thought he was active and towny, but not an obvious doctor target.

Wouldn't it make more sense to protect obvious targets? Like the masons or yourself (if that's possible to target yourself)? This is more out of curiosity than anything, since I don't quite get why silverspawn would be a target for a night kill.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: September 04, 2014, 08:48:05 pm »

I can't target myself, and I had actually forgotten about the masons. I would probably have done the same thing, though, hoping to win the WIFOM.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 04, 2014, 08:58:18 pm »

I can't target myself, and I had actually forgotten about the masons. I would probably have done the same thing, though, hoping to win the WIFOM.

I don't believe you.

How could you forgot about the masons, when I repeatedly asked 'WAIT, WHO ARE THE MASONS AGAIN," even late into the day.

Protecting a Mason was obviously the best move. What do you mean, win the WIFOM? How could you win it by protecting Silverspawn? Wouldn't mafia be shooting you if not the Masons?

The scum confidently killed a Mason. If you were actually a Doctor, that was sort of risky. But I don't believe you are actually a Doctor.

Vote: XerxesPraelor
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 04, 2014, 09:07:45 pm »

scum could of roleblocked XP though. so that could explain the boldness of killing sudgy

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 04, 2014, 09:21:14 pm »

I don't believe you.

How could you forgot about the masons, when I repeatedly asked 'WAIT, WHO ARE THE MASONS AGAIN," even late into the day.

Protecting a Mason was obviously the best move. What do you mean, win the WIFOM? How could you win it by protecting Silverspawn? Wouldn't mafia be shooting you if not the Masons?

The scum confidently killed a Mason. If you were actually a Doctor, that was sort of risky. But I don't believe you are actually a Doctor.

Vote: XerxesPraelor

the thing is, even if he is scum who fakeclaimed, claiming to have doctored me doesn't seem any smarter than doing it. He could just claim to have doctored SK.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 04, 2014, 09:21:53 pm »

There is. More likely than not we have no SK.
Well, XP is not confirmed, so we may lynch him.  Know way we were lynching Sudgy or SK.

I'd say it's a good idea for any scum to hit a Mason.  Sudgy could have been double-shot, or XP could have succesfully protected one.  Or there is no SK.  XP can be scum too.  An SK may or may not be out there; I would say there isn't a lot to glean from the night kill so far.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.