Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M49: James Bond Mafia - Town wins!  (Read 184516 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M49: James Bond Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #475 on: September 01, 2014, 10:19:02 pm »

I presented a case I really liked on XP! It got kaiboshed when WW and Eevee said "nope, don't buy it, he's town" without much explanation. I switched to TA because I thought the XP wagon was just not going to move past where it was.

I considered Ww and/or Eevee as XP's scum buddies. But it's way too clunky a play for vets like that.

If we can get Robz on board, I'm happy to switch  back to vote: XP. I agree TA wagon was moving waaaaayyy too fast.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 01, 2014, 10:23:20 pm »

Link to my case, for Robz:

Scummy things on re-read:

It's a very, very natural for a new player to think "I am town, how dares he vote for me! He must be scum.".

When I thought that there was no exclamation mark. And tbh, I wasn't thinking that he was scum. Just "how dare he vote for me."

Ok, this is pretty scummy -- Zog actually admitting to voting for someone he didn't think was scum. And we all sort of let that slip by. But, idk, in context it sort of fits with how newbie he's being. So not sure it's the best case today.

The case I actually like here is XP. During RVS, he throws his vote around a lot, that's fine, everyone does that. Then the case starts building on sudgy and he really shamelessly sheeps it:

vote: sudgy

Baa.

Then he does something he'll do over and over again: defend Robz in Robz's absence, despite that Robz has posted nothing of substance all day.

Didn't you just see robz has no time right now to defend himself?

Sudgy/SK scumteam??

The main thing I don't like is his going back to RVS after something has already begun that he has an opinion on.

A few people vote for him over his SK/sudgy scumteam accusation. He rapidly backs off.

Whatever. Forget the SK thing. I do think Sudgy overreacted here, but maybe we should leave that for another day. Sudgy tends to get lynched for this independent of alignment.

unvote

I have a small scumread on Eevee for using overreaction as the case on sudgy when he should know better.

Sudgy "over"reacts all the time, whether scum or town, and Eevee's been around long enough to know this. It's a null tell for him.

Then he disappears for like 5 pages, and then posts this.

Why is everyone voting for robz?

I think vet scum would just accept it immediately, like they did in dice Mafia. Kind of like Eevee, who also jumped on the easiest ladder that very well might have gone through except for the unforeseen mason claim, especially knowing that sudgy is an easy mislynch.

Silverspawn/Hydrad's reactions, since they're newer, are also bad, but Hydras sounds more sincere to me somehow.

Voltaire has me in his suspicion list, which I don't like, but he seems to be acting pretty towny.

Witherweaver, Joth, and KingZog haven't done anything I noticed, so I'll have to look at them later.

That, after the second defense of Robz/panic about Robz votes, strikes me as a classic scum "acti-lurking" post. It tries to look like participation, but fails to pin down anything worthwhile or add anything new.

By the way, as I far as I know, I've reposted everything XP has posted in this thread since RVS. And it's consisted of:

-sheeping
-lurking
-actilurking
-backpedaling
-being weirdly concerned about Robz

All that is enough for me to Vote: XerxesPraelor. I hope you will all join me.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 01, 2014, 10:24:36 pm »

When is deadline?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 01, 2014, 10:26:56 pm »

I presented a case I really liked on XP! It got kaiboshed when WW and Eevee said "nope, don't buy it, he's town" without much explanation. I switched to TA because I thought the XP wagon was just not going to move past where it was.

I considered Ww and/or Eevee as XP's scum buddies. But it's way too clunky a play for vets like that.

If we can get Robz on board, I'm happy to switch  back to vote: XP. I agree TA wagon was moving waaaaayyy too fast.

This was my thinking too. But no one seemed to be looking at the XP case. I'll unvote for now and check back after a shower. Maybe there will be a response.
Btw, as of Robz' vote, XP had more votes than me -- something to note for later. I was by no means "the only feasible lynch", I don't know why we're pretending I am.

No one is opposed to this lynch, and I can't blame anyone since I just can't be assed to defend myself or try right now so it's really my fault, but just keep in mind for tomorrow how easy this lynch was.

I don't think Hydrad and you are the only two cases. But everyone else seemed to think you guys were the only lynchable parties, so I decided maybe the XP vote wasn't worth pursuing.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 01, 2014, 10:27:25 pm »

When is deadline?

Spetember 2nd, but I don't know what time.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: September 01, 2014, 10:27:46 pm »

When is deadline?

Spetember 2nd, but I don't know what time.

at 6pm. We have all day tomorrow.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 01, 2014, 11:03:45 pm »

The biggest reason I still think XP is scum is because how his wagon is refusing to get bigger. Scum does not want to lose their member on day 1. The wagon has just sat there the whole game and I feel like his scum buddies are to scared to jump on it. Personally I see TA as more towny for this reason because his wagon appeared out of no where and I think even hit L-1. I don't know if he was scum if that would happen.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 01, 2014, 11:07:59 pm »

I'm going to give it some time but I will head toward XP barring other developments.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 01, 2014, 11:37:56 pm »

Woah, XP's defending of Robz is definitely off. I think I was lurking to the same degree that Robz was early on, and I didn't get the same defense at all from XP.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 01, 2014, 11:40:46 pm »

Joth, what do you think this says about Robz' alignment? I'm using the assumption that Robz and I were lurking the same amount, and therefore there's no real reason we should have been treated differently:

If XP is town, why would he defend Robz but not me? It could be random, but it also says zilch about Robz' alignment (or about mine).

If XP is scum, why would he defend Robz but not me? Obviously, from my perspective, I'm town, and got a different reaction from Robz, it would lead me to believe Robz is a different alignment than I do (aka he's mafia).

I definitely think it would be risky for XP to blatantly defend his teammate that early, though, and he would know this. Robz wasn't getting any real pressure, and it just seems like it's a bad scum move on XP's point if they're teammates.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 02, 2014, 07:47:45 am »

I could be wrong, but I think people were voting for Robz more so than for you. If Robz is scum and XP is scum, then XP's defense of Robz would have stemmed out of panic that his absentee partner was going to get lurker lynched. But this scenario is pretty wacky now, what with Robz resurrecting my case on XP at the last minute.

If XP is scum and Robz is town and you're scum (you being TA) then it would make sense for XP to defend Robz and not you, because scum is often paranoid (and rightly so) about defending their partner.

If you're both town and XP is scum, I think it goes back to the fact that Robz had votes on him. Whether or not to lynch someone who hasn't posted yet is an argument scum loves to have, because both sides produce content without committing to a read: if Robz had been posting and XP defended him, he would have had to backpedal if he wanted to lynch Robz later. But if you're defending a lurker on principle, you can easily pivot back to wanting to lunch them as soon as they  posted a few things.

Of course, it's certainly possible town XP defends Robz too. I myself spoke out against a day one lurker lynch earlier in the day. As I said in my OP, it's the fact that he does it twice with relatively little pressure on Robz that makes it weird.

He/him

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 02, 2014, 08:01:17 am »

Woah, XP's defending of Robz is definitely off. I think I was lurking to the same degree that Robz was early on, and I didn't get the same defense at all from XP.
That's because not as many people were randomly voting for you.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 02, 2014, 08:05:42 am »

Actually that's a good point. Why was XP being ignored? Why did silverspawn not mention XP as a possible lynch?

Unvote

I can answer that pretty easily

This game just isn't going the direction I'd hoped it would. Nobody's responding to anything I say, and none of the lynches are really good

If it makes you feel any better, I actually have a town read on you based on your responses

XP is possible, however I would rather nolynch than vote for him. I will do hydrad or TA, maybe someone else if you present a good case. I won't do XP.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 02, 2014, 08:07:02 am »

I presented a case I really liked on Eevee! It got kaiboshed when everyone said "nope, don't buy it, he's town" without much explanation. I switched to TA because I thought the Eevee wagon was just not going to move past where it was.

I considered Ww and/or Voltaire as Eevee's scum buddies. But it's way too clunky a play for vets like that.

If I can get anyone on board, I'm happy to switch  back to vote: Eevee. I agree TA wagon was moving waaaaayyy too fast.

However, I think No Lynch is the best possible thing now.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 02, 2014, 08:07:46 am »

I'll be around for deadline. Don't lynch me randomly.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 02, 2014, 08:32:36 am »

unvote

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 02, 2014, 09:28:26 am »

I could be wrong, but I think people were voting for Robz more so than for you. If Robz is scum and XP is scum, then XP's defense of Robz would have stemmed out of panic that his absentee partner was going to get lurker lynched. But this scenario is pretty wacky now, what with Robz resurrecting my case on XP at the last minute.

If XP is scum and Robz is town and you're scum (you being TA) then it would make sense for XP to defend Robz and not you, because scum is often paranoid (and rightly so) about defending their partner.

If you're both town and XP is scum, I think it goes back to the fact that Robz had votes on him. Whether or not to lynch someone who hasn't posted yet is an argument scum loves to have, because both sides produce content without committing to a read: if Robz had been posting and XP defended him, he would have had to backpedal if he wanted to lynch Robz later. But if you're defending a lurker on principle, you can easily pivot back to wanting to lunch them as soon as they  posted a few things.

Of course, it's certainly possible town XP defends Robz too. I myself spoke out against a day one lurker lynch earlier in the day. As I said in my OP, it's the fact that he does it twice with relatively little pressure on Robz that makes it weird.

Why would XP start panicking so early in the day? Robz was getting heat for being ghost!Robz Day 1, which happens every single game he plays but rarely results in a lynch.  Even so, Robz is more than capable of coming back and deflecting.  I don't think this is evidence in favor of an  XP/Robz team.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 02, 2014, 09:29:27 am »

Why would No Lynch be good?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 02, 2014, 09:36:36 am »

It would be good.. for mafia and the serial killer.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 02, 2014, 09:38:13 am »

XP's replies make sense to me, and you both are correct that Robz was receiving votes while I wasn't.

I think I prefer Hydrad. Can we have a vote count please?

Chairs, where are you at? What's with the unvote?

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: September 02, 2014, 09:50:57 am »

VOTE COUNT 1.9

That night Bond was at the hotel surfing the internet and looking for clues about where to go next. That's when he heard it, whispers. They were faint and probably inaudible to the naked ear but M had outfitted Bond with a device to give Bond superior hearing. He quickly drew his gun, stood with his back against the wall next to the door and waited...

Hydrad (3): Witherweaver, Voltaire, Twistedarcher
XerxesPraelor (4): sudgy, Hydrad, SK, jotheonah
Twistedarcher (4): silverspawn,  Eevee, XerxesPraelor, Kingzog3

Not Voting (3): Robz888, chairs, Kingzog3

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 6:00pm FT on September 2nd (~8 hours).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:07:05 am by AndrewisFTTW »
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 02, 2014, 10:03:24 am »

Stop miscounting. I unvoted

SK

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 02, 2014, 10:10:09 am »

Everyone is scum. Good lord.
Not really, I think Hydrad is town, for the sole reason that I think TA is scum. His response to ss's great case was: "uhh...well I could do that too so your mom". Which is rather weak. Yeah, you could tunnel anyone, but could you really discard the case that you made by tunneling them (other than during your cleanup phase) an gain a gold? Or rather, will the case be as convincing as ss was? Doubt it.
I am so tempted to vote him. Vote: TA cause of things and stuff.
Still wanna lynch XP too. Also, the eevee case is...not gonna happen.
Other than that...correct me if I'm wrong (I probably am, I suck at this game), but a smart scum would play it safe. So we are looking for erratic reads on unsuspecting people? And things and stuff?

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 02, 2014, 10:10:29 am »

It's not required but is greatly appreciated if everyone could vote or unvote on a separate line so as to help us avoid missing them. Thanks.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

SK

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 02, 2014, 10:11:36 am »

It's not required but is greatly appreciated if everyone could vote or unvote on a separate line so as to avoid missing them. Thanks.
Right.

Vote: TA
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 20 queries.