Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M49: James Bond Mafia - Town wins!  (Read 184436 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M49: James Bond Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #300 on: August 27, 2014, 12:00:03 pm »

Ok, Idk why the silverspawn version jumped out at me but the Hydrad one didn't. But on re-read I see y'all's point about Hydrad's posts.

I guess the difference is, I was reading Hydrad as "maybe it's not really a mason claim" and silverspawn as "it's definitely a mason claim but maybe it's a lie." And the second one seems more like the scum play here.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 27, 2014, 12:06:35 pm »

Re-reading, and this post moves me from 95% convinced to 99.9% convinced that SK and sudgy are town:

I think it is just too easy for one of us to get killed. A smart scum team would leave us alive to blame us, yes? So yeah, kill one of us if you want proof. Preferably me, I suck at this game and Sudgy is a better player.

Looking just at how this whole thing went down with existing:

Robz888
Hydrad
silverspawn
jotheonah
Eevee - pointing out in-thread is doubleplus town
Kingzog3
Witherweaver
chairs
Voltaire
XerxesPraelor
sudgy
SK

Twistedarcher

Townier reads on WW, Silver, Zog, joth (these are the most tentative). Leaving scum in Hydrad, Robz, chairs, XP, TA.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 27, 2014, 12:07:30 pm »

I guess the difference is, I was reading Hydrad as "maybe it's not really a mason claim" and silverspawn as "it's definitely a mason claim but maybe it's a lie." And the second one seems more like the scum play here.

I definitely disagree. Why would scum agree with the first part but try to cast doubt on the second?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 27, 2014, 12:11:51 pm »

Hmm well this is unfortunate.

For what its worth now that they have claimed I believe them and don't want to vote for them. Actually even before they claimed I wasn't going to vote for them today unless something like mason counterclaims appeared. All I was saying was I didn't like how people were acting like masons were 100% confirmed in the game and SK and sudgy hadn't said anything about it.

I believed masons were most likely in the game with SK's townslip but I didn't like how everyone was acting that  it was 100% confirmed before it was actually confirmed at all.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 27, 2014, 12:18:04 pm »

unvote

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 27, 2014, 12:20:18 pm »

Fun fact, we now know there are at least 3 scum now. The only 2 scum option is impossible.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 27, 2014, 12:21:35 pm »

vote: Robz

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 27, 2014, 12:22:38 pm »

Bond landed at Jorge Chavez International Airport and immediately noticed a suspicious looking woman casually glancing in his direction. Bond made a mental note while his old friend Felix Leiter greeted him warmly. "James Bond," Felix said smiling, It's been too long! But no time to catch up now, we've got work to do!" Felix noticed Bond glancing over at the woman. "Ah yes, your instincts are good. Let's make out way back to the car." Felix led Bond out of the terminal with the woman following. They rounded a corner hid in an alcove waiting for the woman to round the corner. When she did she immediately had a gun pushed into her back. "Who do you work for?" Bond asked. The woman smiled and looked at Felix. Obviously she wanted to get caught. "Do you even know who your friends are?" she asked. Bond pushed the gun harder into her lower back. "Who do you work for?" he asked again. "You have no ide-" Felix rubbed his hand as the woman crumpled to the ground. "We don't have time for this," he said, "let's go". Bond took one last look at the mysterious woman and left the airport with Felix.

VOTE COUNT 1.5

Eevee (1): Hydrad
Robz888 (2): chairs, Voltaire
Hydrad (1): Witherweaver
jotheonah (3): sudgy, Eevee, SK
silverspawn (1): jotheonah

Not Voting (5): Robz888, Twistedarcher, XerxesPraelor, Kingzog3, silverspawn

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 6:00pm FT on September 2nd.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 27, 2014, 12:26:56 pm »

Fun fact, we now know there are at least 3 scum now. The only 2 scum option is impossible.

Why is that?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 27, 2014, 12:31:12 pm »

becuase if we have 2 masons the lowest one if I'm reading the site right is a goon godfather SK team. If we have any more PR's in this game then there can be even more scum to find!
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 27, 2014, 12:32:37 pm »

Whoa its weird that rolling 2 T's and rolling 0T's give the same scum team. I guess its not that common but still. Feels weird

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 27, 2014, 12:35:12 pm »

Why is everyone voting for robz?

I think vet scum would just accept it immediately, like they did in dice Mafia. Kind of like Eevee, who also jumped on the easiest ladder that very well might have gone through except for the unforeseen mason claim, especially knowing that sudgy is an easy mislynch.

Silverspawn/Hydrad's reactions, since they're newer, are also bad, but Hydras sounds more sincere to me somehow.

Voltaire has me in his suspicion list, which I don't like, but he seems to be acting pretty towny.

Witherweaver, Joth, and KingZog haven't done anything I noticed, so I'll have to look at them later.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 27, 2014, 12:35:24 pm »

I'm confused, unless you guys are PR slipping:

TTTTT = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
TTTT = 2 Goons + Roleblocker
TTT = 2 Goons + Roleblocker, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
TT = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather
T = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
0 Ts = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather

We have two M's, so we still could have MMTTTTT, MMTTTTX, MMTTTXX, ..., MMXXXXX, so 5, 4, ..., 0 T's.  Still looks like 50/50 SK to me.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 27, 2014, 12:37:21 pm »

oh when he said 3 scum. Doesn't that include SK as a scum? so for me a goon,godfather,  SK selection means 3 scum right?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 27, 2014, 12:46:15 pm »

Oh, I see.  I thought Volt was saying the only 2 Mafia option was in possible.

Mafia and SK are on different teams, though.  So possibilities are 2 Mafia + 1 SK, 3 Mafia, 3 Mafia + 1 SK.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 27, 2014, 12:57:15 pm »

Why is everyone voting for robz?

Because stuff has happened, and he wasn't here to react to it, so I can't have a read on him. Also, he's in my POE pool. Also, take out the good scum players if you have a null read on a set of people.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 27, 2014, 12:58:34 pm »

Oh, I see.  I thought Volt was saying the only 2 Mafia option was in possible.

Mafia and SK are on different teams, though.  So possibilities are 2 Mafia + 1 SK, 3 Mafia, 3 Mafia + 1 SK.

This is all I was saying. Obviously PRs know more than this.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 27, 2014, 01:16:59 pm »

I definitely disagree. Why would scum agree with the first part but try to cast doubt on the second?

Because casting doubt on the first part doesn't do any good. Sudgy or SK just comes out and says "Yup, Masons" and that's the end of it. The second part, though, can turn into a whole big thing.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 27, 2014, 01:21:29 pm »

I don't much like the Robz vote here from Voltaire. It's too easy just to vote for the person who isn't around. And I'm inclined to give Robz the benefit of the doubt because once he starts playing he'll be handy to have around.

He/him

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 27, 2014, 01:46:54 pm »

Re-reading, and this post moves me from 95% convinced to 99.9% convinced that SK and sudgy are town:

I think it is just too easy for one of us to get killed. A smart scum team would leave us alive to blame us, yes? So yeah, kill one of us if you want proof. Preferably me, I suck at this game and Sudgy is a better player.

Robz888
Hydrad
silverspawn
jotheonah
Kingzog3
Witherweaver
chairs
Voltaire
XerxesPraelor
sudgy
SK

Twistedarcher

Townier reads on WW, Silver, Zog, joth (these are the most tentative). Leaving scum in Hydrad, Robz, chairs, XP, TA.

This list seems extremely correlated with activity level thus far -- would you agree, or is that just a coincidence?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 27, 2014, 01:59:10 pm »

Robz888
Hydrad
silverspawn
jotheonah
Kingzog3
Witherweaver
chairs
Voltaire
XerxesPraelor
sudgy
SK

Twistedarcher

This list seems extremely correlated with activity level thus far -- would you agree, or is that just a coincidence?

Well, of course it will be as it's easier to read someone who was posted more. I think it's fairly accurate to what can be deciphered. Sudgy and SK are town almost 100%, Eevee too. Silverpsawn I don't know really, but he looks town. I personally wouldn't cross him off of the list, but I think it's not unfair to think he's town for now. jotheonah, WW feel like town, and Voltaire crossed himself off on his own list (of course).

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 27, 2014, 02:03:07 pm »

Where on earth is this townread on silverspawn coming from?

He/him

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 27, 2014, 02:07:45 pm »

Where on earth is this townread on silverspawn coming from?
from my towniness

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 27, 2014, 02:16:38 pm »

Sorry, I gave the wrong impression. My read isn't town for silverspawn. But I haven't seen any clear evidence that he is scum either. That's why I wouldn't have crossed him off the list. Actually this next post is an example as to why I don't have a clear picture on silverspawn.

It really isn't a strong case. I would submit that a better case is the one I was too scared to make -- silverspawn's play, of "making sure no one's 100 percent cleared" is definitely something scum would do as early as they could in a discussion like the one we just had.

I'll vote: silverspawn in any case.

they aren't 100% cleared. it could be a scum team making a dangerous move. and we should keep that in mind. If you find the truth scummy, I don't know what to tell you.

This post is really strange in my mind. The first half is accurate. No one is cleared for sure, but we can be mostly certain sudgy and SK are town. It feels like a paranoid town perspective. But that last sentence is really scummy I find. It sounds really dismissive, and its trying to force the scummy feel on jotheonah, like "Well this is the truth, if you can't accept it clearly you're scum." The fact is that it's not the truth, and sudgy and SK are pretty much cleared, but TECHNICALLY they could be scum. They aren't, but they COULD be. It feels like a really forceful way to drive home a point that isn't that strong to begin with, and that's also pretty much not going affect much as we can safely assume sudgy and SK are town.

Also, if no one is clear for sure, you aren't clear silverspawn. It's really scummy if you deny the truth.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 27, 2014, 02:23:02 pm »

The "I don't know what to tell you" thing is actually something I picked up from Donald X. I love using it  :P And I think it's fitting here, given that all I said was that they might be a scum team. I never hinted that I find it likely, and if people are attacking me for that, I'll give them an accurate response. I just stated a fact, that's the truth, hence my last post.

Really, I don't get why anyone can have a problem with that.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 62  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.