Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: GOKO Kicking me out of Game  (Read 1755 times)

Grasoga

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
GOKO Kicking me out of Game
« on: July 20, 2014, 04:28:20 pm »

Hey Everyone - I'm at my wits end about Goko.  For the last few weeks about 1 out of every 2 games it plays along fine, sometimes almost even until the end of the game and then all of the sudden it freezes and the the page refreshes and kicks me from the game.  Furthermore, These glitches are counting against my "quit %" I know because my percentage just went up from 2 to 3% after one of these insidents. 

Is this happening to anyone else?  I'm so frustrated I'm about ready to not play it anymore.  Why would I invest all this time into games when there is a 50% chance It's going to kick me and screw both me and the person playing me?

Are there any solutions or suggestions that anyone has to resolve this?

Thanks,

XD9

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Re: GOKO Kicking me out of Game
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 04:51:17 pm »

The only time this has happened to me is when I disconnect. Goko (and actually other games too) seems to have a hard time reconnecting. So it refreshes the page. this can happened even if you disconnect for a second or two. Otherwise for me games have been starting and working just fine.

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 07:05:50 pm »
+1

The only time this has happened to me is when I disconnect. Goko (and actually other games too) seems to have a hard time reconnecting. So it refreshes the page. this can happened even if you disconnect for a second or two. Otherwise for me games have been starting and working just fine.
This, but noting that "Goko seems to have a hard time reconnecting" is better stated as "If you lose your connection to Goko in any way, shape or form, consider that game abandoned". So if your internet connection is sometimes a bit shaky, or your computer is set to turn off WiFi after a short period of time, or any number of other reasons, that's your game gone.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 10:39:24 pm »

This, but noting that "Goko seems to have a hard time reconnecting" is better stated as "If you lose your connection to Goko in any way, shape or form, consider that game abandoned". So if your internet connection is sometimes a bit shaky, or your computer is set to turn off WiFi after a short period of time, or any number of other reasons, that's your game gone.

Not totally true. There are times it reconnects and the game continues. But Hearthstone has similar problems.

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 03:25:24 pm »
+2

reconnection was yet another of the things iso did well.
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 03:57:53 pm »

reconnection is yet another of the things iso does well.
FTFY

And indeed, that is one thing that Iso does well. So well, in fact, that most of the time I'm already reconnected from another browser window when I start the game!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.