Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Globalization  (Read 2048 times)

Nevermind

• Bishop
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
Globalization
« on: July 18, 2014, 09:33:47 am »

So, I played this game with my cousins around Christmas, and recently got it for my birthday. No one I know actually wants to play it, so I thought I'd talk about it(or should I type about it? O.o). You are the head of this company you start out with and you try to buy other companies in different regions of the globe. Unlike most games, you can go into debt. The debt concept was quite a good idea, because you're not likely to win, but you have a chance. Money is measured in millions (any currency system you want to say it is), and first person to reach $1 billion in net worth wins. Any fellow Globalizers out there? If so, do you guys and gals know any good strategies?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: Globalization
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 10:37:43 am »
+2

It's a really good strategy to destroy cards that have lots of leaves on them, that way you trigger the victory condition faster and can win on score

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 12:31:20 pm »

Never heard of it. What are the mechanics like? Is it heavy/light/long/short? What components come in the box? Give me a reason to stop asking questions here and go and search for the game on BGG!

Nevermind

• Bishop
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 10:20:30 pm »

Never heard of it. What are the mechanics like? Is it heavy/light/long/short? What components come in the box? Give me a reason to stop asking questions here and go and search for the game on BGG!
Semi-light to carry, can be played from around 30 min. - 2.5hrs., and has asset cards, debt cards, company cards, an interest dice, factory markers, and round markers. You start out with a company that draws you 1-6 cards depending on it's tier (tier one - 1 card, tier 2 - 2 cards, etc.). You start out with 10 cards you draw from the assets pile, which is filled with around 20 $1 million cards, $5 million cards, $10 million cards, 1 $50 million card, 5 $25 million cards (each with a unique end game ability), and action cards (eg. lawyer, disaster, broker). You have to pay a certain amount of money to cover the expenses of your company/ies after drawing cards. However, to first draw cards you need to put a factory on your company. Putting a factory on your company allows you to draw cards and allows you to bid on other companies in that region your factory is in. To place a factory, you need to pay $10 million for a local market and $20 million for an outside market. There's other stuff, but that's basically the broad mechanics of the game.

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 06:45:47 am »
+1

It's a really good strategy to destroy cards that have lots of leaves on them, that way you trigger the victory condition faster and can win on score

Technically not on score. And I'd say it's easier to build leaves than to destroy them. It's hard to keep a compass active until Age 10.
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 07:24:39 am »

Technically not on score. And I'd say it's easier to build leaves than to destroy them. It's hard to keep a compass active until Age 10.
I didn't get the joke until this post. Which is weird, because I've thought of Innovation every single time I've seen this thread.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.