Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Steam Group  (Read 32813 times)

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
Steam Group
« on: July 14, 2014, 10:39:49 am »
+4

So I got a new computer recently, and I'm finally getting caught up on all these games I wasn't able to play on my old one. And then Steam goes and has their summer sale, and there's all these Humble Bundles, and basically I'm on Steam forever now. The hard part is actually finding decent people to play online with (as usual), but you guys are pretty cool, right? So I made a Steam Group for Dominion Strategy! ("Take _all_ the liberties!")

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dominionstrategy

I figured since the Hearthstone thing was pretty popular here, this might be convenient for people who play Steam games to coordinate. It's also way easier to manage than Hearthstone's "add everyone from the list" friends list functionality -- you can just join the group.

So what would people want to play on Steam?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Group
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 11:31:44 am »
+2

My internet availability is rarely of enough magnitude to contribute, but...

MONACO

IT HAS TO HAPPEN.

Then, it depends on whether people want heavier or lighter stuff. I'd be more into lighter stuff.

Also, I live in Western Europe, if people want an idea of my availabilities.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 11:32:44 am »
+2

I haven't been on steam in months. I used to play tf2. I'd play it again if we got other people here who play.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 11:36:17 am »

My internet availability is rarely of enough magnitude to contribute, but...

MONACO

IT HAS TO HAPPEN.

Then, it depends on whether people want heavier or lighter stuff. I'd be more into lighter stuff.

Also, I live in Western Europe, if people want an idea of my availabilities.

I just bought Monaco like last week.  :D

I also play Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 2 (I played a lot on the 360), and Divekick.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 11:36:57 am »
+3

There are other games than Dota 2 on Steam?

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 01:32:47 pm »
+1

Cool! I've joined, my Steam handle is 'Modern Major General'. TF2 and Monaco are like my favorites! I am located in California.

I could be down to play sometime today before this evening, then I'll be busy for much of this week, then next week I'll be quite free again and keen for video games. Hmu whenever
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 04:22:39 pm »
+1

I'm online constantly, but I rarely ever play. joined anyway.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 04:42:40 pm »

I have 1 game on Steam:
Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War Soulstorm.

I got back into DoW recently, then just stopped playing it for Dominion, Hearthstone, and now Rocksmith 2014.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 02:08:30 am »

I'm actually in pretty much the same shoes as Drab, in that I recently got a working computer. Unfortunately, I tried out DotA 2 and now I don't play much else. I would be up for some gaming, though.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 03:05:45 pm »

How did I just now find this thread?
Oh wait, it was created yesterday I guess.
Still, I am crazy about Steam, except at this point all I really play is Team Fortress 2.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 03:08:11 pm »
+1

I just joined, though I don't play on Steam much any more since League of Legends.  I used to play a ton of TF2 though, and some L4D2 / OMD2 / BL2 / wow I only play sequels, huh?

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 05:03:03 pm »

I got skyrim for $5 in the summer sale and have been playing a ton of that recently (I've discovered modding. Someone help me escape!)

As far as multiplayer, my roommate convinced me to get Rust, which is in an early access alpha right now. Haven't played all summer, but it's pretty fun iff you have people you know playing on the same server with you. It's way more fun if you're in the same room IRL though.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 05:17:00 pm »

I got skyrim for $5 in the summer sale and have been playing a ton of that recently (I've discovered modding. Someone help me escape!)

As far as multiplayer, my roommate convinced me to get Rust, which is in an early access alpha right now. Haven't played all summer, but it's pretty fun iff you have people you know playing on the same server with you. It's way more fun if you're in the same room IRL though.

I tried modding Oblivion once. I think I've spent just as many hours modding it (and learning how to) than actually playing it.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 12:02:29 am »
+2

*bump*

So. It's been pretty awesome because Drab and I have played a few rounds of TF2 together. In the first one, I was running a Gunslinger Engie--which I was pretty new to at the time, but it's been fun.

I don't do voice chat, but I might consider it if we had a lot of f.ds people playing all at once.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 12:27:23 pm »

...And. Mostly due to what I hear about it here on the forums, I just started playing DOTA 2. Just, wow.

It's pretty funny, because I never would have thought that the best gaming experiences I'd ever have would be with f2p, but that is hands down the case.
Anyway, so yeah, total noob that is maybe only semi-aware of everything I'm doing wrong but still having tons of fun.
Any beginner's tips for me?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 12:41:53 pm »
+2

...And. Mostly due to what I hear about it here on the forums, I just started playing DOTA 2. Just, wow.

It's pretty funny, because I never would have thought that the best gaming experiences I'd ever have would be with f2p, but that is hands down the case.
Anyway, so yeah, total noob that is maybe only semi-aware of everything I'm doing wrong but still having tons of fun.
Any beginner's tips for me?

yes, if someone thinks he is a good player and tries lecturing you, don't assume that anything of what he says is even remotely true. there are an unbelievable amount of players who think they know what they're talking about but don't.

also, if noone else does, always buy a courier at the start, even if there is someone else who should rather do it.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 12:42:04 pm »
+3

This guide is quite good for beginners from what I hear: http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck#.U8vwUbEUuUk

You can probably get more beginner's tips from others around here who have started more recently than me. We have a thread for Dota 2 in this board somewhere that should be easy to find.

There's also a huge tournament with a prize poll of more than $10 million going on right now, for which there is a stream specifically for new players, which can be found here: http://www.dota2.com/international/watch/July20/?sid=noob

() | (_) ^/

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: p4ddy0d00rs
  • Nemo dat quod non habet.
  • Respect: +526
    • View Profile
    • BGG profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 02:16:56 pm »

Great idea, just joined the steamgroup.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2014, 11:52:52 pm »
+1

Yes. I'm necroing this thread.

Anyway, Drab and I played a few games of TF2 today and it was pretty cool. Notable events were him momentarily pocketing me as spy with a kritzkrieg and then some fun battles on Lakeside.

Sorry that so much of your team was AFK near the end Drab. It especially sucks if no one else is on board for kicking them when they aren't contributing to the team at all. Still, I had a lot of fun, and it'd be cool to amass some more f.ds'ers to play with. Oh, and the other guy with my same tag was my brother.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2014, 12:20:59 am »

Anyway, Drab and I played a few games of TF2 today and it was pretty cool. Notable events were him momentarily pocketing me as spy with a kritzkrieg and then some fun battles on Lakeside.

I was only hoping to get House Call; the l'Etranger kill on the soldier was bonus. :P

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2014, 12:22:25 am »

I was only hoping to get House Call; the l'Etranger kill on the soldier was bonus. :P
I'd be willing to cooperate with you to get that. Yeah at the moment I was like "I need to get a kill" and wildly fired at the soldier on the roof :)

() | (_) ^/

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: p4ddy0d00rs
  • Nemo dat quod non habet.
  • Respect: +526
    • View Profile
    • BGG profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2014, 04:50:48 pm »

If anyone ever sees me on (and I'm not already in a game) hit me up and we'll play.  I'm down for anything you want to play, just check my inventory to see if I have it.

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2014, 05:10:26 pm »

I just joined the group.  I haven't played TF2 in a while, but I used to play it a lot.  I play more single player games, but I also have monaco (I'm awful at it... like, I'm that annoying guy who gets everyone killed...  but I'd be willing to try harder) and I also really like frozen synapse (unfortunately doesn't work on my school internet) and if anyone else plays it, AOEII.  I haven't played that in a long time but it's one of my favorite games of all time.  Never tried to play it competitively, but it's fun.

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hugovj
  • DFTBA
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 01:11:21 pm »

Just joined as well :) I'm more into history-like games usually (Anno 1404 being one of my favorites) , but I'll try TF2 as well ;)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2014, 02:03:40 pm »

Just joined as well :) I'm more into history-like games usually (Anno 1404 being one of my favorites) , but I'll try TF2 as well ;)
It's an incredible game. Also, although it's free-to-play, it really isn't p2w. Generally speaking, the stock weapons that you start with for each class are the strongest and most well-rounded.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 20 queries.