Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: Steam Group  (Read 32965 times)

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
Steam Group
« on: July 14, 2014, 10:39:49 am »
+4

So I got a new computer recently, and I'm finally getting caught up on all these games I wasn't able to play on my old one. And then Steam goes and has their summer sale, and there's all these Humble Bundles, and basically I'm on Steam forever now. The hard part is actually finding decent people to play online with (as usual), but you guys are pretty cool, right? So I made a Steam Group for Dominion Strategy! ("Take _all_ the liberties!")

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dominionstrategy

I figured since the Hearthstone thing was pretty popular here, this might be convenient for people who play Steam games to coordinate. It's also way easier to manage than Hearthstone's "add everyone from the list" friends list functionality -- you can just join the group.

So what would people want to play on Steam?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Group
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 11:31:44 am »
+2

My internet availability is rarely of enough magnitude to contribute, but...

MONACO

IT HAS TO HAPPEN.

Then, it depends on whether people want heavier or lighter stuff. I'd be more into lighter stuff.

Also, I live in Western Europe, if people want an idea of my availabilities.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 11:32:44 am »
+2

I haven't been on steam in months. I used to play tf2. I'd play it again if we got other people here who play.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 11:36:17 am »

My internet availability is rarely of enough magnitude to contribute, but...

MONACO

IT HAS TO HAPPEN.

Then, it depends on whether people want heavier or lighter stuff. I'd be more into lighter stuff.

Also, I live in Western Europe, if people want an idea of my availabilities.

I just bought Monaco like last week.  :D

I also play Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 2 (I played a lot on the 360), and Divekick.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 11:36:57 am »
+3

There are other games than Dota 2 on Steam?

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 01:32:47 pm »
+1

Cool! I've joined, my Steam handle is 'Modern Major General'. TF2 and Monaco are like my favorites! I am located in California.

I could be down to play sometime today before this evening, then I'll be busy for much of this week, then next week I'll be quite free again and keen for video games. Hmu whenever
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3228
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 04:22:39 pm »
+1

I'm online constantly, but I rarely ever play. joined anyway.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 04:42:40 pm »

I have 1 game on Steam:
Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War Soulstorm.

I got back into DoW recently, then just stopped playing it for Dominion, Hearthstone, and now Rocksmith 2014.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 02:08:30 am »

I'm actually in pretty much the same shoes as Drab, in that I recently got a working computer. Unfortunately, I tried out DotA 2 and now I don't play much else. I would be up for some gaming, though.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 03:05:45 pm »

How did I just now find this thread?
Oh wait, it was created yesterday I guess.
Still, I am crazy about Steam, except at this point all I really play is Team Fortress 2.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 03:08:11 pm »
+1

I just joined, though I don't play on Steam much any more since League of Legends.  I used to play a ton of TF2 though, and some L4D2 / OMD2 / BL2 / wow I only play sequels, huh?

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 05:03:03 pm »

I got skyrim for $5 in the summer sale and have been playing a ton of that recently (I've discovered modding. Someone help me escape!)

As far as multiplayer, my roommate convinced me to get Rust, which is in an early access alpha right now. Haven't played all summer, but it's pretty fun iff you have people you know playing on the same server with you. It's way more fun if you're in the same room IRL though.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 05:17:00 pm »

I got skyrim for $5 in the summer sale and have been playing a ton of that recently (I've discovered modding. Someone help me escape!)

As far as multiplayer, my roommate convinced me to get Rust, which is in an early access alpha right now. Haven't played all summer, but it's pretty fun iff you have people you know playing on the same server with you. It's way more fun if you're in the same room IRL though.

I tried modding Oblivion once. I think I've spent just as many hours modding it (and learning how to) than actually playing it.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 12:02:29 am »
+2

*bump*

So. It's been pretty awesome because Drab and I have played a few rounds of TF2 together. In the first one, I was running a Gunslinger Engie--which I was pretty new to at the time, but it's been fun.

I don't do voice chat, but I might consider it if we had a lot of f.ds people playing all at once.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 12:27:23 pm »

...And. Mostly due to what I hear about it here on the forums, I just started playing DOTA 2. Just, wow.

It's pretty funny, because I never would have thought that the best gaming experiences I'd ever have would be with f2p, but that is hands down the case.
Anyway, so yeah, total noob that is maybe only semi-aware of everything I'm doing wrong but still having tons of fun.
Any beginner's tips for me?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3228
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 12:41:53 pm »
+2

...And. Mostly due to what I hear about it here on the forums, I just started playing DOTA 2. Just, wow.

It's pretty funny, because I never would have thought that the best gaming experiences I'd ever have would be with f2p, but that is hands down the case.
Anyway, so yeah, total noob that is maybe only semi-aware of everything I'm doing wrong but still having tons of fun.
Any beginner's tips for me?

yes, if someone thinks he is a good player and tries lecturing you, don't assume that anything of what he says is even remotely true. there are an unbelievable amount of players who think they know what they're talking about but don't.

also, if noone else does, always buy a courier at the start, even if there is someone else who should rather do it.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 12:42:04 pm »
+3

This guide is quite good for beginners from what I hear: http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck#.U8vwUbEUuUk

You can probably get more beginner's tips from others around here who have started more recently than me. We have a thread for Dota 2 in this board somewhere that should be easy to find.

There's also a huge tournament with a prize poll of more than $10 million going on right now, for which there is a stream specifically for new players, which can be found here: http://www.dota2.com/international/watch/July20/?sid=noob

() | (_) ^/

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: p4ddy0d00rs
  • Nemo dat quod non habet.
  • Respect: +526
    • View Profile
    • BGG profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 02:16:56 pm »

Great idea, just joined the steamgroup.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2014, 11:52:52 pm »
+1

Yes. I'm necroing this thread.

Anyway, Drab and I played a few games of TF2 today and it was pretty cool. Notable events were him momentarily pocketing me as spy with a kritzkrieg and then some fun battles on Lakeside.

Sorry that so much of your team was AFK near the end Drab. It especially sucks if no one else is on board for kicking them when they aren't contributing to the team at all. Still, I had a lot of fun, and it'd be cool to amass some more f.ds'ers to play with. Oh, and the other guy with my same tag was my brother.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2014, 12:20:59 am »

Anyway, Drab and I played a few games of TF2 today and it was pretty cool. Notable events were him momentarily pocketing me as spy with a kritzkrieg and then some fun battles on Lakeside.

I was only hoping to get House Call; the l'Etranger kill on the soldier was bonus. :P

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2014, 12:22:25 am »

I was only hoping to get House Call; the l'Etranger kill on the soldier was bonus. :P
I'd be willing to cooperate with you to get that. Yeah at the moment I was like "I need to get a kill" and wildly fired at the soldier on the roof :)

() | (_) ^/

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: p4ddy0d00rs
  • Nemo dat quod non habet.
  • Respect: +526
    • View Profile
    • BGG profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2014, 04:50:48 pm »

If anyone ever sees me on (and I'm not already in a game) hit me up and we'll play.  I'm down for anything you want to play, just check my inventory to see if I have it.

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2014, 05:10:26 pm »

I just joined the group.  I haven't played TF2 in a while, but I used to play it a lot.  I play more single player games, but I also have monaco (I'm awful at it... like, I'm that annoying guy who gets everyone killed...  but I'd be willing to try harder) and I also really like frozen synapse (unfortunately doesn't work on my school internet) and if anyone else plays it, AOEII.  I haven't played that in a long time but it's one of my favorite games of all time.  Never tried to play it competitively, but it's fun.

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hugovj
  • DFTBA
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 01:11:21 pm »

Just joined as well :) I'm more into history-like games usually (Anno 1404 being one of my favorites) , but I'll try TF2 as well ;)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2014, 02:03:40 pm »

Just joined as well :) I'm more into history-like games usually (Anno 1404 being one of my favorites) , but I'll try TF2 as well ;)
It's an incredible game. Also, although it's free-to-play, it really isn't p2w. Generally speaking, the stock weapons that you start with for each class are the strongest and most well-rounded.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2014, 02:40:22 pm »

I'm just tagging this thread so I'll remember to join the group when I get home.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2014, 03:20:46 pm »
+1

Just picked up Monaco before the Halloween Sale ended. Only played one game so far, but it seems pretty sick. Did that co-op ever end up happening? Cause I think that'd be a ton of fun.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2014, 03:50:29 pm »
+1

I don't know about others, but I would be up for playing Monaco. It's been forever since the last time though!

I'm over here in Europe, so the time difference might be an issue outside the weekends.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2014, 03:57:32 pm »
+2

Hmm. Yeah I'm on Pacific Time. But I'd definitely be up for some Monaco on the weekends.

Are you on CET?

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2014, 04:10:32 pm »
+2

+1 for Monaco. Pacific time for me as well. I call the Gentleman or Pickpocket!
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2014, 04:15:12 pm »
+2

Hmm, Pacific time is going to be difficult.

I'm on CET. That's a 9 hours difference, yikes. Are you free-er later in the evening, or earlier in the morning?

Damn. Huh, can I get the other one? :P

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2014, 04:26:32 pm »
+2

Hmm, Pacific time is going to be difficult.

I'm on CET. That's a 9 hours difference, yikes. Are you free-er later in the evening, or earlier in the morning?

Damn. Huh, can I get the other one? :P
I normally stay up pretty late--so that works better for me than early morning. Although 9:00 a.m. for me is 6:00 p.m. for you, which seems doable. At any rate, I'm pretty flexible time-wise especially on weekends, so it's more about when you have time you could play.

@Walrus What's your schedule like?

I'm free pretty much all of this Saturday from maybe 8:00 am - 12:00 pm which translates to 5:00 pm - 9:00 am for pacovf.

Gonna have to think a little about which character I want to play, but I'm fine with you guys calling dibs first since I don't have that strong of a preference atm.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2014, 05:12:23 pm »
+2

Some of my friends were talking of going out, in which case I would only be free somewhere in between 00AM and 03 AM, which is 3PM-6PM for you. If I don't go out, I'm free beginning around 7PM, which is 10AM for you.

Gonna have to think a little about which character I want to play, but I'm fine with you guys calling dibs first since I don't have that strong of a preference atm.

Frankly, they are all good, it's just that some are cooler than others. The Gentleman is hands-down-no-questions-asked the strongest in single player, but it's more balanced in a chaotic multiplayer. I'm partial to the Pickpocket, but other than that I would be happy to play with the Mole ('cos it's the Mole) or the Lookout (because she's a multiplicative force).

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2014, 05:19:44 pm »
+2

Haha, I'm not really picky about character choice, they're all fun (except Locksmith) and I'm glad to rotate. I kind of suck with Hacker and Cleaner. I almost forgot about Mole, he's one of the best!

My schedule is relatively flexible although it varies from day to day. I'm generally free in the evenings and then I'll be available most of the weekend I expect.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2014, 07:58:01 pm »
+2

Sweet. So maybe we'll finalize a specific time as Saturday gets closer.

Also, how much coordination is involved in co-op Monaco (I've mostly played single player). Is text chat generally sufficient?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
  • Respect: +109
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2014, 08:02:15 pm »
+3

dang i have monaco also and would love to join. but my saturdays coming up down't work that well. But if another time arises I would love to join.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2014, 08:07:44 pm »
+2

dang i have monaco also and would love to join. but my saturdays coming up down't work that well. But if another time arises I would love to join.
That'd be sweet and then we'd have a full 4-man team too. Are you part of the steam group? Also, Saturday isn't the only day that works for me. Friday or Sunday is also doable.

Oh, and I don't think I've added you on Steam pacovf, so I'll do that now. Walrus you're Modern Major General right?

For clarity, my profile name is Selim Bradley.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2014, 08:15:31 pm »
+2

Sweet. So maybe we'll finalize a specific time as Saturday gets closer.

Also, how much coordination is involved in co-op Monaco (I've mostly played single player). Is text chat generally sufficient?

Text chat is fine, voice chat is way better. I may or may not be able to do that though, depending on whether I have the place to myself.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2014, 08:17:53 pm »
+2

That'd be sweet and then we'd have a full 4-man team too. Are you part of the steam group? Also, Saturday isn't the only day that works for me. Friday or Sunday is also doable.

Oh, and I don't think I've added you on Steam pacovf, so I'll do that now. Walrus you're Modern Major General right?

For clarity, my profile name is Selim Bradley.

I still need to join. but should be able to tonight.

I think my name is Lonk right now... but I should change it back to Hydrad.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2014, 01:46:59 am »
+1

Voice chat is indeed much more better. You'll also get to experience my sweet, incomprehensible accent, which makes the bettering twice as good.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2014, 08:04:18 pm »

I was looking for the right Captain Jack gif for that but couldn't find one  :(

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2014, 10:50:47 am »
+1

So, if you are still up for that Monaco game, I will be loging in around 00AM my time, which is 3PM for you people. You can start before that, I'll join in when I'm there.

See you then!

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2014, 11:40:24 am »
+1

I may or may not be able to make it :( Turns out I'm going to a show this afternoon.

If I am though I'll totally join in!

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2014, 02:31:35 pm »
+2

Yeah. That time works fine for me. I have some people coming over later (but it's not until like 5 PM).

So I should be in-game.

Edit: Blah. It's actually not gonna work out cause I have homework for an online class I forgot to do.

But this still has to happen! Chance seems to conspire against it, we must counter it!

@ Hydrad. Did you ever join the Steam Group? Cause it'd be cool to have a 4-man team when we can finally find some time that works for everyone.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 04:49:55 pm by Ichimaru Gin »

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2014, 05:55:14 pm »
+1

Oh well some other time then.  :(

Let's say next saturday, same-ish hour?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2014, 06:30:33 pm »
+2

ya I'm at work still. I'll need to search for the steam group. I don't use steam for much stuff other then playing games so i sometimes have trouble finding groups since I don't think i've ever joined one. If i remember tonight i'll work on it again.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2014, 01:51:25 am »
+1

Sure. I should be more on top of my homework by next week. 3 pm is normally a good time for me.

Any particular level you guys want to play? I haven't even finished the Locksmith campaign yet, but I've made it as far as finishing Galerie D'Art. I'd be up for harder levels I guess, but would probably die a lot :)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2014, 01:52:38 am »
+1

ya I'm at work still. I'll need to search for the steam group. I don't use steam for much stuff other then playing games so i sometimes have trouble finding groups since I don't think i've ever joined one. If i remember tonight i'll work on it again.
Drab has a link to the Steam Group at the start of this thread--so that should make it easier.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2014, 02:04:00 am »
+1

Oh. And Drab plays Monaco too! What time zone are you in?

Triple posting because Mafia.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2014, 02:24:50 am »
+2

ok I think i joined the group. hurrah

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2014, 05:03:37 am »
+2

Sure. I should be more on top of my homework by next week. 3 pm is normally a good time for me.

Any particular level you guys want to play? I haven't even finished the Locksmith campaign yet, but I've made it as far as finishing Galerie D'Art. I'd be up for harder levels I guess, but would probably die a lot :)

A bit earlier than 3PM your time would be slightly more convenient for me (it's quite late), but I am fine with that time.

I am fine with any level. I finished the locksmith campaign and was maybe 20% into the second campaign when I stopped playing. I think doing harder levels will be more fun, but no need to jump straight into endgame stuff.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2014, 11:52:18 am »
+2

Oh. And Drab plays Monaco too! What time zone are you in?

Triple posting because Mafia.

GMT -6.

Last night was literally the first time I played, though -- I was playing locally with some friends. Hilariously funny game, though.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2014, 03:19:24 pm »
+2

A bit earlier than 3PM your time would be slightly more convenient for me (it's quite late), but I am fine with that time.
Sure. That's actually a bit easier for me as well. So maybe like 1 or 2 PM instead?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2014, 04:52:16 pm »
+2

Sure. That's actually a bit easier for me as well. So maybe like 1 or 2 PM instead?

I'm good with that. I'll try to make sure that I'm free!

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2014, 01:07:45 pm »
+2

Ok. I should be in-game starting around 1-2 today. I can't swing voice chat right now, but I can type pretty fast.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2014, 02:41:45 pm »
+2

Ok. I should be in-game starting around 1-2 today. I can't swing voice chat right now, but I can type pretty fast.

Will be online and playing around that time too (have to get diner first).

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2014, 03:18:25 pm »
+1

I'll likely join in as well, probably closer to 2

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2014, 04:33:50 pm »
+2

K. I'm in-game.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2014, 04:34:50 pm »
+2

K. I'm in-game.

Will be there in 15 minutes!

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2014, 07:35:24 pm »
+2

Best play-date evar!!

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2014, 07:40:48 pm »
+1

Best play-date evar!!

Haha, it was really fun! I'll try to make the voice chat work next time, everything is better with some imaginative cussing, and you'll get  a lot of that from me with my tendency to trip over all the alarm systems in the game :P

We are missing a fourth player! Come join us next week! We were planning on starting the pickpocket campaign, but we can do anything really.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2014, 11:32:10 pm »
+1

The way things are looking, I likely won't be able to make it tomorrow. Finals are coming up for me and there's random stuff happening with my family too. Hopefully I can make it next time.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2014, 08:51:12 am »
+1

The way things are looking, I likely won't be able to make it tomorrow. Finals are coming up for me and there's random stuff happening with my family too. Hopefully I can make it next time.

Ok, no prob, take care. Does that mean there's only Walrus and me? Hydrad, Drab, are you around? Maybe it's better to wait until next weekend...

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2014, 11:21:16 am »
+1

Ok, no prob, take care. Does that mean there's only Walrus and me? Hydrad, Drab, are you around? Maybe it's better to wait until next weekend...

I'm at BGGCon -- so probably not. :p

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2014, 01:51:22 pm »
+1

Today's not great for me either...but I'm free most of this week! So whenever.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2014, 02:13:58 pm »

I'm mostly only free on saturday evenings (saturday afternoon for you), so eh. Maybe next time then!

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2014, 02:20:37 pm »
+2

So, is Monaco happening today? I'm up for it, will be available in about two hours.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2014, 03:51:54 pm »
+2

Monaco happened. And it was beautiful.

We're still missing a fourth person, in case anyone wants to get in the fun next time.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2014, 04:14:42 pm »
+2

Yeah. Sorry I had to cut things kinda short. Holiday stuff and all.
But it was definitely awesome! We made it 3-4 levels in to the Pickpocket campaign mostly flawlessly.
And yeah, it'd be cool to round out our little team with a fourth member.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2014, 04:10:55 pm »
+2

Just joined Steam. Wuddup?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2014, 04:36:37 pm »

Welcome to the club!

Waddayahav?

Am I doing this right?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2014, 06:29:35 pm »

What games do you play?

TF2 is free to play and incredible.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2014, 07:13:07 pm »

So is Dota 2.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2014, 08:44:36 pm »
+3

My friend got me into Neverwinter and that's as far as I've gotten so far. I don't own a mouse, should I buy one?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2014, 09:41:50 pm »
+2

My friend got me into Neverwinter and that's as far as I've gotten so far. I don't own a mouse, should I buy one?

mouses are usually a good investment if you plan on doing any online gaming. Or even just using a computer a bunch normally. Doesn't have to be a expensive one though but i would recomment getting one.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2014, 02:40:04 pm »

Do you still run everything via a commandline or have you fully embraced the touchscreen? Basically what I'm asking is, do you live in the past or the future?

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2014, 06:20:32 pm »
+2

I assumed laptop touchpad.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2014, 06:25:54 pm »
+2

SQUEEKY WHEELS GETS THE KICK!

(Yeah, I know its the wrong RPG...but come on, who doesn't love Boo!)
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2014, 09:12:59 pm »

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2014, 03:05:46 am »

I'm on steam by the way, username: Eevee
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2014, 11:03:37 pm »
+1

Drab and I just played a few games of Team Fortress. He's pretty sick with the Beggar's Bazooka. He was top score, and I was second for pretty much every game.
I should probably play medic more often, but I feel like I'm pretty bad at it. Practice makes perfect though I guess.

Edit: screenshot for fun
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 11:16:46 pm by Ichimaru Gin »

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2014, 07:27:05 pm »

Heads up, I don't know if I will be able to make it for tomorrow's Monaco "meetup". If I can, I will post here and/or try to contact you over Steam.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2014, 07:37:47 pm »

Heads up, I don't know if I will be able to make it for tomorrow's Monaco "meetup". If I can, I will post here and/or try to contact you over Steam.
That's ok. I'm going to be pretty busy with finals and getting ready for my vacation so likely won't be able to make it either.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2015, 10:12:58 pm »

I picked up Borderlands 2 a few days ago. It'd be cool to play it with some of you guys (I know Hydrad just got it as well). I might like to play a bit more on my own first though--as I'm only level 14 right now.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2015, 08:07:10 pm »
+1

SQUEEKY WHEELS GETS THE KICK!

(Yeah, I know its the wrong RPG...but come on, who doesn't love Boo!)

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9068263

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2015, 12:11:38 am »
+2

I just picked up Risk of Rain this weekend and it's pretty fun. I understand there's a couple more people here who own it as well? Seems like it would be even more fun cooperatively!

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2015, 12:17:11 am »
+2

If my computer/Internet connection can handle it, I'd definitely be up to it!

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2015, 12:18:31 am »
+2

Me too! I'll probably die, but I'll keep going!

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2015, 09:24:17 am »
+1

There's also Awesomenauts for 1$ on Steam right now. It's a pretty easy and quick 3vs3 Platformer MOBA. I'd be up for it too if anybody is interested. Case in point:

I should definitely check how my current internet can handle online gaming though.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 08:02:43 pm by pacovf »

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2015, 11:44:00 pm »

Klei Entertainment (!) just released a cyberpunk turn based roguelike-y stealth game.

I don't think I am ready for such awesome. I don't think the World is ready for such awesome.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2015, 12:05:31 am »
+1

Hey Walrus, I am not entirely sure if I messed up some config or if it's my internet that is down, but I can't open Steam nor try to set up port forwarding. I'll look into it again tomorrow (Unless after restarting my computer everything is working somehow).

Sorry!

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2015, 12:14:27 am »
+1

I was unable to connect to the internet as well after changing it to the static IP. The network troubleshooter was able to fix it quite easily, surprisingly -- it was just some toggle that needed administrator permission. Hopefully that works as easily for you.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2015, 09:38:41 pm »
+2

That port forwarding thing nuked my wireless connection. Fortunately I could still connect to the router with an ethernet cable. I finally managed to re-establish it, after close to six hours of troubleshooting that started yesterday night.

You'll have to excuse the profanity, but since there's nobody home to hear me...

Fuck.

Yeah.

I intend to stay the Hell away from trying to manually set up port forwarding again, though.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2015, 11:50:53 pm »
+2

Walrus and I got it to work using Evolve. It was a lot of fun! We got at least 2-3 games in. My game crashed a couple of times though, so I'll have to see if I can find out what's causing that. We made it to the penultimate level once though. Even then, our connection seemed a bit iffy. And I'm pretty sure we're relatively close geographically.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2015, 12:32:00 am »
+2

Cool! Got to play a few games of Risk of Rain with Walrus today--and then some more with Pacovf too. Pretty awesome stuff. And we finally got the voice chat going! Now I have a voice to put to your guys's avatars!

Only made it to the end once with Walrus. I died on the first boss level--but he took it all the way to the end. Hopefully, we'll all have less connection difficulty next time. :D

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2015, 07:04:52 pm »
+4

Anyone want to beat Monsoon later this week/weekend?

Oh, and very interesting news: Steam now offers refunds on games, as long as you've played them less than two hours, and it's been less than 14 days since purchase. Even more interesting, they explicitly allow to ask for a refund and immediately buy again the game because it just went into sale.

We will have to see how that goes.

EDIT: did Ichi write and then delete a post, or am I going crazy?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 06:22:50 pm by pacovf »

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2015, 06:16:07 pm »
+2

This is not quite a Steam game, but I just became aware of the game Spy Party, which is $15 open beta. The premise is, there's two players, a Spy and a Sniper. The Spy is mingling in a high-society party with a group of NPCs, and has several minutes to complete a number of spy-type objectives. Meanwhile, the Sniper is watching from the outside, trying to determine the identity of the Spy.

It looks really fun and exciting, with sort of a psychological Mafia-esque edge to it. I'd be down to try it if somebody else wanted to as well.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2015, 06:18:18 pm »
+1

EDIT: did Ichi write and then delete a post, or am I going crazy?
No. It's me. I didn't think anyone had seen it, and this weekend ended up with me being unexpectedly busy.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2015, 09:53:23 pm »
+2

This is not quite a Steam game, but I just became aware of the game Spy Party, which is $15 open beta. The premise is, there's two players, a Spy and a Sniper. The Spy is mingling in a high-society party with a group of NPCs, and has several minutes to complete a number of spy-type objectives. Meanwhile, the Sniper is watching from the outside, trying to determine the identity of the Spy.

It looks really fun and exciting, with sort of a psychological Mafia-esque edge to it. I'd be down to try it if somebody else wanted to as well.

I heard about it a looooooong time ago, I see they've improved the graphics since then. It sounds fun, kinda like a more cerebral Assassin's Creed multiplayer (which was fun but rage-inducing).

Unfortunately I have a huuuuuuuuuuge backlog of games on Steam, so I can't quite justify spending 15$ on a strictly multiplayer beta right now...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 10:05:11 pm by pacovf »

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2015, 02:37:15 pm »
+3

Anything in the Steam Summer Sale people would particularly recommend?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2015, 03:10:31 pm »
+1

This thread should be pretty helpful I think.

Also this thread for a general guide to getting the most out of the summer sale.

There's not anything on sale right now that I really want or would recommend--but I guess more deals will be unlocked over the course of each day. Something to watch out for is some companies (like the makers of GTA5) will artificially inflate their prices so then it goes on sale for the regular price. It's really underhanded.

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2015, 03:27:05 pm »

I'm looking for Invisible Inc., and considering jumping on today's Papers Please.

I really recommend XCOM which is on sale today.  And if FTL goes on sale I'll probably buy multiple copies for my friends because that is a truly great game.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2015, 07:12:32 pm »
+2

Ok, Pac, stay strong... It's fortunate that BoI:Rebirth and Darkest Dungeons don't have deep discounts, because I am looking forward to playing them... sometime.

Invisible Inc. is cool. Definitely recommended. But to be fair I am a huge Klei fanboy since freakin' Mark of the Ninja. Note that it came out less than a month ago, so don't expect great discounts.

Paper's Please is... something. Not a game though. It's good, but if you buy it, you should know that beforehand.

Don't Starve is an interesting, very imaginative roguelike / survival game. Also by Klei.

By the way, this week's Humble Bundle is ridiculously good: World of Goo, Super Meat Boy, Dustforce, Limbo, Braid, Dungeon Defenders, Risk of Rain and Antichamber. You can get them all for 6 bucks. Just sayin'.

EDIT: Oh, and GOG is also having their summer sale right now. They don't sell exactly the same games as Steam, so you might want to check out what they have.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 07:36:54 pm by pacovf »

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2015, 07:37:20 pm »

I bought Nidhogg because it's got a pretty deep discount and it's really fun to play with friends. I have wishlisted a bunch of things BoI:Rebirth, Cities: Skylines, Invisible Inc., Kerbal, Evolve but I'm waiting to see if they go into deeper sale mode. I'm not getting Darkest Dungeon because eventually I'll get my key from backing it on Kickstarter.

Is Valkyria Chronicles any good? It's always sort of tempted me, but I don't know anyone who has played it. It's $5 right now.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2015, 07:47:54 pm »

For Valkyria chronicles, I'm pretty much in exactly the same spot. It's been on my wishlist since it released.
The art looks really good and the story is solid from what I hear, but I'm not so sure about the actual gameplay...

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2015, 08:00:20 pm »
+1

I have been told by friends of mine who play a lot of tactical RPGs that it's one of their favorite games, so if you like those kinds $5 seems good.  I bought it today myself.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2015, 09:42:30 pm »

I just bought Valkyria Chronicles. I've heard very good things.

Is BoI:Rebirth much different than the original? I played that a bunch and it was pretty good.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 09:43:48 pm by jonts26 »

jonts26

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2015, 09:46:50 pm »

I bought Nidhogg because it's got a pretty deep discount and it's really fun to play with friends.

Nidhogg is fantastic. Well worth 3 bucks.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2015, 09:57:14 pm »

Is BoI:Rebirth much different than the original? I played that a bunch and it was pretty good.

It's not a "different" game, but it is much "better", in terms of the engine and the amount of items/enemies/features. If you got sick of the original, it's not going to be different enough to make you unsick, but if you have any impulse to play more Isaac, Rebirth is a significant upgrade.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2015, 05:31:36 pm »

Gunpoint at -80% is a complete steal. It's sweet and short. There's absolutely no reason not to buy it. So buy it.

And of course, if you somehow don't have Bastion yet, buy it. You can thank me later.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2015, 06:43:24 pm »
+1

Gunpoint at -80% is a complete steal. It's sweet and short. There's absolutely no reason not to buy it. So buy it.

And of course, if you somehow don't have Bastion yet, buy it. You can thank me later.

I second these, they are both great games.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2015, 01:23:45 am »
+1

Have I mentioned Mark of the Ninja enough already?

...Trick question! The answer is that you can never mention Mark of the Ninja too many times! The special edition is selling for like 3$ right now. It's the best stealth game I have ever played, and I've played my share, and easily in the top 10 of my favourite games of all time.

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2015, 03:44:49 pm »
+3

FTL is on sale right now.  I cannot recommend it highly enough.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2015, 06:09:32 pm »

I've never played this before, but I had it on my wish list...Offworld Trading Company went on daily deal for $20 and I'm considering picking it up. It's a sci-fi economic RTS where you expand, buy stock, and try to eventually buy out your opponents. It seems cool, looks like it would be good multiplayer fun.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2015, 12:38:52 am »
+1

I bought Ori and the Blind Forest today.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2015, 10:01:39 pm »

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2015, 11:38:30 pm »
+2

So I realized that a bunch of the game I play are highly cerebral, and realized that I had a serious hankering for Killing Some Dudes.  And because D3 sucked, I downloaded Path of Exile.  Anyone else played?  It seems pretty good, though it's a bit ridiculous so far at low level.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2015, 11:58:03 pm »

So I realized that a bunch of the game I play are highly cerebral, and realized that I had a serious hankering for Killing Some Dudes.  And because D3 sucked, I downloaded Path of Exile.  Anyone else played?  It seems pretty good, though it's a bit ridiculous so far at low level.
Yeah. I've played it quite a bit. The big Awakening update is just around the corner too, so that's exciting.
My highest character is like a ~53ish Arc witch--which is pretty low all things considered. The amount of content and build variety in the game is truly impressive.
I don't really have any friends that play it though--and that seems like it would add to the experience.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2015, 12:08:30 am »
+1

If anyone missed Borderlands, Humble Bundle has the first two with all the DLC.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

If somehow you've never heard of it, it's basically Diablo: The Space FPS.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2015, 05:24:46 pm »

Anybody else looking at Rocket League? $20, basically car soccer, but car soccer done right. 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4 online queues, so it looks like it would be a lot of fun to play as a team!

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2015, 07:25:29 pm »
+3

Anybody else looking at Rocket League? $20, basically car soccer, but car soccer done right. 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4 online queues, so it looks like it would be a lot of fun to play as a team!

I have it on my wishlist, but it's hard to convince myself to pay $20 for games anymore. Steam Sale Spoiled  :-[

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2015, 11:11:18 pm »
+1

I just bought a new computer today and I want to get into some steam games, though I just missed the summer sale. Maybe I'll start my collection in the winter.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2015, 02:39:01 pm »
+1

I think I'm gonna get it this week. It looks super cool

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2015, 06:02:10 pm »
+1

Got this today. Matchmaking's been down, so I haven't had a chance to play it online and I'm probably horrible, but boy is it so much fun. I'm having a blast just playing against AIs right now. It's really difficult but a lot of fun.

If you need to get more hyped, you should watch this video!

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2015, 07:17:44 pm »

I think I'm gonna get it this week. It looks super cool

I ended up picking it up too! It's pretty dope. Multiplayer is a little spotty but I think that's mostly because it's more popular than anticipated! And yeah, I also kind of suck hahaha

nkirbit

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2015, 02:53:28 pm »
+1

I just got a controller to hook up for use on my PC for rocket league... wow, it's a world of difference from using a keyboard.  Doing anything in the air was so challenging on a keyboard since the move forward / lean forward keys are the same, separating them on a controller so you don't start all your jumps by frontflipping has made flying do-able.  Still hard, but not impossible like it felt on the keyboard.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2015, 09:20:43 pm »

After trying and failing to play Rogue Legacy with a mouse and keyboard I immediately ordered a controller. I'm looking forward to way too much gaming.

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2015, 12:27:49 pm »
+2

I just scored an aerial goal in Rocket League.  Holy crap I'm hooked.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2015, 02:47:44 pm »
+2

I just scored an aerial goal in Rocket League.  Holy crap I'm hooked.

If anyone is on the fence about this game, get it. It's so so so much fun.

jonts26

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2016, 02:33:03 pm »

So the new Path of Exile expansion drops today. It's a free to play diablo-like ARPG. I'll be playing this weekend if anyone wants to party up.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.