Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Adventure Bots play Pro now?  (Read 5974 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Adventure Bots play Pro now?
« on: July 10, 2014, 07:36:03 pm »
+13

See also: Goko's leaderboard is broken

Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Bots play Pro now?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 07:42:25 pm »

It's nice to know that stef is nothing compared to the bots.  :o

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 08:50:29 pm »
+1

oh man, just reset everything and implement a better one, will you? make rating difference matter less. make it less swingy. make games against bots not count. make it robust against cheaters. if they're going to write new code for the entire game, why not fix up the leaderbord first?

also, it's kinda embarrassing that this happened...

serakfalcon

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: serakfalcon
  • Respect: +230
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 10:29:42 pm »

When I saw that I just assumed someone (Alienbaba maybe?) figured out how to exploit the bug I posted about earlier. It was a matter of time, really.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 02:48:28 am »

Bug?

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +906
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 03:13:41 am »

Together with this post where JW says pro rating is lost when losing in a particular way "no matter what the rating type of the game (even unrated)!" I wonder (but haven't tested) if there simply is a bug where now all games count for pro rating.

Then of course adventure bots who play with unfair handicaps have a really good position.

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1792
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 03:33:37 am »

Together with this post where JW says pro rating is lost when losing in a particular way "no matter what the rating type of the game (even unrated)!" I wonder (but haven't tested) if there simply is a bug where now all games count for pro rating.

Then of course adventure bots who play with unfair handicaps have a really good position.

I thought about that, but that couldn't explain that on the Pro Leaderboard the regular bots (Conqueror Bot, Villager Bot, Lord Bottington) are all (slightly) ahead of Stef as well!

As far as I'm aware, those bots aren't in the adventures. Though this might help explain why the bots in the adventures have even higher rankings than the other bots.

Who knew that the bots had gotten so good? Lord Bottington's Rats play must have improved tremendously.

Edit: Another data point: I just lost an unranked game to a bot, where the game actually loaded, and my pro rating did not decrease.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 03:58:21 am by JW »

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 03:36:21 am »

Bug?

It's nothing, don't worry about it. Let's just say Goko's kinda broken.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +906
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 04:01:06 am »
+2

I thought about that, but that couldn't explain that on the Pro Leaderboard the regular bots (Conqueror Bot, Villager Bot, Lord Bottington) are all (slightly) ahead of Stef as well!

As far as I'm aware, those bots aren't in the adventures. Though this might help explain why the bots in the adventures have even higher rankings than the other bots.

Who knew that the bots had gotten so good? Lord Bottington's Rats play must have improved tremendously.

I think the bots must win a tremendous amount of games by default, when people just quit because it wasn't fun or they didn't have time to finish the game or whatever, and also whenever the game is interrupted because of technical problems maybe the bot can be seen as the last one standing?

JW

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 04:15:21 am »

I think the bots must win a tremendous amount of games by default, when people just quit because it wasn't fun or they didn't have time to finish the game or whatever, and also whenever the game is interrupted because of technical problems maybe the bot can be seen as the last one standing?

I just lost an unrated game to a bot (not through a quit) and my pro rating did not decrease. It's possible that quits are being treated as pro games, regardless of the actual ranking system, and with the screen not loading error, that could explain an increase in the bots' pro rankings.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 06:05:32 am »

When you start a game and want to select a bot to play against, these bots still have their normal pro rating listed (Conqueror bot being highest with 34xx yesterday), so the bug isn't something as simple as "all quits count as pro games", unless the leaderboard ratings are calculated by a different method than the ones displayed in the lobby, which would be absolutely retarded, but it's Goko so who knows.

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 06:36:03 am »
+1

When you start a game and want to select a bot to play against, these bots still have their normal pro rating listed (Conqueror bot being highest with 34xx yesterday), so the bug isn't something as simple as "all quits count as pro games", unless the leaderboard ratings are calculated by a different method than the ones displayed in the lobby, which would be absolutely retarded, but it's Goko so who knows.
No, that is casual rating what you see when you are selecting a bot.

When you add bot to your game and then click on it you see it has 7xxx rating (for example Lord Bottington has 7091).
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 06:38:05 am by yed »

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 07:47:19 am »

When you add bot to your game and then click on it you see it has 7xxx rating (for example Lord Bottington has 7091).

Well, in that case the bots are in for some thorough beating!

Edit: but of course 3 out of 5 games get stuck on the loading screen. I'm amazed, how can Goko be so awesome?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 07:56:43 am by SheCantSayNo »

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1184
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 11:27:27 am »
+2

Lord Bottington exploited a bug which allows you to force-disconnect your opponent before the game starts, giving you a free win.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 11:48:36 am »
+1

Lord Bottington exploited a bug which allows you to force-disconnect your opponent before the game starts, giving you a free win.
Probably felt he could use some help winning games without Rats on the board.

JW

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 01:12:53 pm »
+1

Well, in that case the bots are in for some thorough beating!

Edit: but of course 3 out of 5 games get stuck on the loading screen. I'm amazed, how can Goko be so awesome?

Only the Adventure bots are ahead of Stef now. But some of the regular bots are still ahead of you, should you wish to change that.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 05:46:14 pm »

At this point, the Goko rating system is a complete farce. For the hell of it, I am playing against bots and racking up points like crazy.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 11:13:33 am »
+4

Guys this is it!  The bots are taking over! We're doomed! DOOMED!!!!!
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 11:22:47 am »

yap, that's it. I'll ignore goko rating as much as I can from now on and just use ISO for matchmaking
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.