Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1849781 times)

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3960
    • View Profile
Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #5900 on: May 13, 2019, 11:53:22 am »

EDIT:  Lowered it to $2 because honestly, yeah.  Maybe $3 instead of $4 is ok, but might as well make it interesting on a 5/2?

I feel like this should have been done by now, but I wasn't able to find it.  Also, I tacked on some more mechanics just to make it more fair for some stupid reason:

Ruined Inheritance
Event
Cost: $2*

You may overpay for this.  For each $1 overpaid, you may move the top card of the Ruins pile to the bottom.

Set aside the top card of the Ruins pile and place your Inheritance token on it.
Thats not the worst idea ever. It still make estates slightly better occasionally.

The best use case is probably Ruined Market with no other +Buy on the board.  Otherwise, trashing might be more attractive, unless you have to wait for Forge.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3189
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: May 13, 2019, 02:34:47 pm »
+1

Here are some GPT-2 generated cards (it was prompted with existing cards)

Witch
+4 Cards
Each other player gains a Crown. The next cards you play or play from your graveyard to your library deals 3 damage to its controller. (Crown has a cost.)

Village
+5 Cards

Village +7 Cards
+4 Action Cards +3 Actions

Lantern
+25 Cards

Elvora
+1$
Recover a card costing up to 1 or 2$ to play.

In games with this effect, you must choose not to discard a card to play.

Honey
At the end of your opponent's turn, if you played an Evolving Wilds at end step, target player discards a card. The discarding happens after the player's next play of that turn.

If this is on a creature with an activated ability, target player is not shuffled.

Old Witch
+2 Cards
Each other player gains the Curse, and then may trash a curse from his graveyard. (or discard)

Screaming Skull Baron
+4 Cards
If any player receives 8 or more card cards
from his deck,
he may only add any one of
those cards to his hand, or discard
up to 4 cards.

Sea King
+5 Cards

Shimmering Phoenix
+1 Card
When an opponent receives damage equal to or greater than
your amount of damage dealt, you may target 1 other
player in your deck and gain 1 Curse.

Breath
Every other turn player may gain 2 Curse
This card draws 2 Curse to their hand
Every other turn player gains 4 more Curse, if it's higher-than-normal
This card gains 2 cards from your Trash
All Curse cards and players reveal all cards from your Trash, discarding 1 card
The caster may discard 1 card from their hand.

Trickery:
[Old Witch] -10 Cards
After this, give your opponent a Curse.

Hunter
+4 Cards
Choose a card that you control, or target player sacrifices the card.

Brawler - Action - 4$
+2 Cards
Each other player gains a Curse.

Bogorok - Action - 4$
+2 Cards
Each other player gains a Curse.

Chalice of the Void - Action - 3$
+5 Cards
If your opponent has a Curse on board gain 3x$Cost card that cost 2$ or less, if you don't you gain 8xCurse card.

Infect - Action - 4$
+3 Cards
Draw a card.

Infect - Action - 10$
+15 Cards
Draw a card.

Infect - Action - 15$
+5 Cards
+10 Cards
As the card effects have moved towards being more consistent

Kanai – Action - 10$
+3 Cards
You may trash this for +5$. If you don't, gain +7$ (the number of cards that are discarded at once, but not lost.)

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: May 13, 2019, 05:44:39 pm »

Did you prompt with just Dominion, or also MTG? It seems like both are in there. Then again, my python code prompt produced what looked a lot like what I think was java script (not familiar enough with java, so not sure).

My favorites are "+x cards, draw a card" and "+x cards, +y cards" and also "You may trash this for +$5. If you don't, +$7."
Hydrogen Helium Lithium Beryllium Boron Carbon Nitrogen Oxygen Fluorine Neon Sodium

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: May 13, 2019, 06:06:07 pm »

Just Dominion. I suspect that the majority of material it read was MTG or similar to MTG.

Here are more (I can't stop!)

Grand Market
+1 Card
+1 Action
+2$
+1 Buy
You can’t buy this if you have Copper in play. Also doesn’t work with Nurgle. If your opponent plays Nurgle and then steals one of your Copper cards this leaves you with
a choice of playing Nurgle, stealing another Copper card and stealing a Copper card, or playing Nurgle and being stuck with Copper (which means you will lose).

Mishor’s Game - Action - 2$
The cards are shuffled and your opponent chooses how many to discard, whether you draw 2 or 8.

Loyalty - Action - 6$
+2$
For each card gained from a spell, gain 3 VP

Harem - Wonder - Victory - 6$
+4$
Worth 4 VP

Workshop - Action - 3$
If you win a turn of Harem on your opponent’s turn, he loses 1 VP, and you both get an additional VP. On your turn, if they lose a turn of Harem, you both get +2 VP.

Potion - Action - 3$
+1 VP +2 VP = 3 VP
+2 VP for each Noble
+2 VP for each Special
+1 VP

(I didn't prompt any potion cards)

Mana Leak - Action - 5$
+1 Card
+4 Actions (from each card in play)
All your cards costs 5$ less (but no less than 0$)

Oath of the Hunt - Action - 2$
+1 Player

Jungling - Action - 5$
+5 Cards
Choose 3 cards and gain 2 Action.
When you draw 2 cards, gain each of them 1 Action.
Lets the 1 other player play 3 cards and draw 1 Silver.
Takes an additional +1$ when you draw 3 cards

Imperialist - Actions - 6 $
+3 Actions
All other players gain +2$ Gold (plus 2$ for each gold you gain), and the game ends and you draw the top card. When that card is played, draw a card, and discard 1 card.

I think Oath of the Hunt is my favorite. So simple  8)

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: May 13, 2019, 06:16:42 pm »

I kind of want to know what this would do with my forum posts, but I kind of don't want to know.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: May 13, 2019, 07:45:01 pm »
+3

I kind of want to know what this would do with my forum posts, but I kind of don't want to know.

I kind of want to know what this would do with my forum posts, etc." The whole thing was pretty weird. But for a few years, I was kind of getting more and more tired of this. This blog had become really difficult, very frustratingly so. My posts had disappeared without a trace. So I started to have more difficulty writing. After some time, I finally decided to go through the forum.

The biggest problem of all was that there was absolutely no structure. What was happening was totally incomprehensible, and so for me to get any kind of clear idea about what had happened to me was extremely difficult. I remember this time really well. I was trying to explain the whole thing, with a lot of explanations, to somebody, and the replies were terrible. But I got out of that.

Then it came to me again. I really wanted to understand what was really happening, what was going on, and I was finally able to say something at times. I was able to really start to think things through and I was, at times, able to feel certain things that I didn't even even realize that I was
Hydrogen Helium Lithium Beryllium Boron Carbon Nitrogen Oxygen Fluorine Neon Sodium

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: May 13, 2019, 09:34:37 pm »

I kind of want to know what this would do with my forum posts, etc." The whole thing was pretty weird. But for a few years, I was kind of getting more and more tired of this. This blog had become really difficult, very frustratingly so. My posts had disappeared without a trace. So I started to have more difficulty writing. After some time, I finally decided to go through the forum.

The biggest problem of all was that there was absolutely no structure. What was happening was totally incomprehensible, and so for me to get any kind of clear idea about what had happened to me was extremely difficult. I remember this time really well. I was trying to explain the whole thing, with a lot of explanations, to somebody, and the replies were terrible. But I got out of that.

Then it came to me again. I really wanted to understand what was really happening, what was going on, and I was finally able to say something at times. I was able to really start to think things through and I was, at times, able to feel certain things that I didn't even even realize that I was

Well, I guess I can die peacefully now.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: May 14, 2019, 12:29:39 pm »

"Ah, yes. So you should be able to put down your bag of chips. If you need that I can fill you the rest if any of us are willing. It only has to be potato chips," replied Peddler from their conversation.

"I'm in!" 

"Good." Explorer

EDIT:  Check this one with the twist ending!

The rest of Peddler's party are busy looking at some sort of equipment, and he decides to show his aid in that matter. "Look, my boy, there's nowhere in the world the Peddler has more fun when he gets to help a fellow patron in need!" - Turns out the Peddler is no more

EDIT 2:  Wow, it keeps getting better!  (These are all seeded with this joke, by the way:  http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=1204.msg503197#msg503197 )

No. "The only damn thing in the entire damned universe?" No.

"Well that is one damned stupid question." They're too busy to hear. "Yeah, well don't you know, I've been going out with a woman who, according to the FBI, has some type of magical abilities.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 07:53:23 pm by Minotaur »

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: May 14, 2019, 06:45:23 pm »

Skilled Chancellor
$3 - Action

Name a card. Shuffle your discard pile into your deck, then reveal the top card of your deck.
If the revealed card is a copy of the named card, put it into your hand, +$2, +1 Action, +1 Buy.
Otherwise, shuffle it back into your deck.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: May 14, 2019, 06:55:12 pm »

Skilled Chancellor
$3 - Action

Name a card. Shuffle your discard pile into your deck, then reveal the top card of your deck.
If the revealed card is a copy of the named card, put it into your hand, +$2, +1 Action, +1 Buy.
Otherwise, shuffle it back into your deck.

Chancellor has always been one to read the horoscopes daily.

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5910 on: May 14, 2019, 09:46:40 pm »
+1

EDIT 2:  Wow, it keeps getting better!  (These are all seeded with this joke, by the way:  http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=1204.msg503197#msg503197 )

I don't know whether I hate this joke or love this joke.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: May 17, 2019, 08:47:09 pm »

I don't know whether I hate this joke or love this joke.

He points to a book. "Oh right, right, I read in an old book in my shop. It says... how to make a flame thrower." I ask Ranger. Ranger stares. "No, this thing is dangerous. The fire will be on all sides... and everyone will die."

King Leon

• Witch
  • Respect: +406
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: May 18, 2019, 02:37:23 am »
+1

@Minoatur That AI is very ... interesting.

"Not so fast!" It's Explorer. "Give me that." She effortlessly tears the bag open and hands it back to Peddler. Explorer opens the bag and takes out, a bag of fries. Peddler looks at it blankly. "I mean really?" It's a total no.

"I am the God!" And the next scene, another Merchant. Merchant gives a strange face and starts to eat. Peddler looks at Merchant, in shock, then he starts to speak to him. "He's no one's friend, but you get the idea." The Merchant begins eating the fries.

"Hey, guys!" One of the other Merchants, an old man walks in. "I was working today!" He says. Peddler stares at him blankly, then they start talking business. "How much do you know about me, old man?" "I have the most experience working for that man!" "I don't know you, but the price of goods to ship to his Workshop can go anywhere from nothing to fifteen hundred Gold."

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1203
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: May 20, 2019, 07:19:47 am »
+4

City Dollar Action <$32>

+8 Actions

Reveal your hand. +4 cards per Action card revealed.

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: May 20, 2019, 02:03:29 pm »
+1

City Dollar Action <$32>

+8 Actions

Reveal your hand. +4 cards per Action card revealed.

City Nickel Action <$1.6>
+ 0.4 Actions
Reveal your hand. + 0.2 Cards per Action card revealed.

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: May 20, 2019, 11:02:58 pm »
+1

Worker's Willage Action

+1 Card
+2 Actions
+1 Buy
In games using this, when any player refers to a Worker's Village as a Worker's Willage, they lose the game.
In games using this, when any player refers to a Worker's Willage as a Worker's Village, they lose the game.

LittleFish

• Tactician
  • Respect: +188
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: May 21, 2019, 04:30:33 pm »

Worker's Willage Action

+1 Card
+2 Actions
+1 Buy
In games using this, when any player refers to a Worker's Village as a Worker's Willage, they lose the game.
In games using this, when any player refers to a Worker's Willage as a Worker's Village, they lose the game.
Is the image the same? Also, what about online implementation

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: May 21, 2019, 08:59:14 pm »

Worker's Willage Action

+1 Card
+2 Actions
+1 Buy
Is the image the same? Also, what about online implementation

Yes, the image is the same.
I don't know about online implementation. I guess they'd need access to your microphone so they can tell which card you said. If you're not narrating, I guess you're fine, but that's true IRL too.

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: May 29, 2019, 02:43:33 pm »
+2

Tautology
Type: Reaction
Cost:
When something causes you to reveal this, using the word "reveal", you may reveal this again. If you do, you have revealed this, and this has been revealed by you.

LittleFish

• Tactician
  • Respect: +188
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: May 29, 2019, 04:38:50 pm »

Tautology
Type: Reaction
Cost:
When something causes you to reveal this, using the word "reveal", you may reveal this again. If you do, you have revealed this, and this has been revealed by you.
This could be given out in replacement of a curse for some cards?

Sort of like this

Tautologist
Reaction-
When you gain a card other then on your turn, you may first reveal this from your hand to gain a Tautology

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: May 31, 2019, 02:44:48 am »

Cardname
Take any number of D.
+$1 per D you took.
Action - $4
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: May 31, 2019, 11:19:14 am »

Let's imagine that Oath of the Hunt was a real card. (Action card with cost 2$, effect is +1 player). So if you play it, the game turns into a 3P game with Lord Rattington being the third player. Then a 4 player game and so on. Might be an ok card to win with BM against engines, because it makes the game end faster. But as you can see, this is a card whose utility is limited by the way it interacts with the board. That's okay enough to accept that it is just not very effective by itself.

This is why "the way my card works" or "the way my deck works" doesn't matter. Even if my deck was designed for a higher impact of "the way my card works", I'm not going to say this card is much worse than other cards. It has certain strengths and weaknesses but overall it's an okay card because I won't have to pay to play it. So your card has value and it could win games if my deck was good. This is one of those cards where there is really two types of decks, those that have the cards you want and those that don't (as a rule). I don't believe it's the type of card that you can win solely because of the quality of the card.

But then your turn goes.

Predictable twist: A part of this text was GPT-2 generated.

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: May 31, 2019, 11:30:12 am »
+1

Let's imagine that Oath of the Hunt was a real card. (Action card with cost 2$, effect is +1 player). So if you play it, the game turns into a 3P game with Lord Rattington being the third player. Then a 4 player game and so on. Might be an ok card to win with BM against engines, because it makes the game end faster. But as you can see, this is a card whose utility is limited by the way it interacts with the board. That's okay enough to accept that it is just not very effective by itself.

This is why "the way my card works" or "the way my deck works" doesn't matter. Even if my deck was designed for a higher impact of "the way my card works", I'm not going to say this card is much worse than other cards. It has certain strengths and weaknesses but overall it's an okay card because I won't have to pay to play it. So your card has value and it could win games if my deck was good. This is one of those cards where there is really two types of decks, those that have the cards you want and those that don't (as a rule). I don't believe it's the type of card that you can win solely because of the quality of the card.

But then your turn goes.

Predictable twist: A part of this text was GPT-2 generated.

Green = Relatively certain this is the prompt
Red = Relatively certain this is GPT-2 generated
Yellow = I can't tell. I think it's GPT-2 generated, but I'm not sure.

bitwise

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +142
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: June 06, 2019, 02:59:30 pm »
+8

Aspiring Scholar
Action - $5
+7 Cards.
Discard your hand.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: June 06, 2019, 03:33:16 pm »
+1

Aspiring Scholar
Action - $5
+7 Cards.
Discard your hand.

Distinguished Professor of Tunnel Sciences
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 282  All

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.