Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1863910 times)

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #5750 on: March 03, 2019, 07:40:49 pm »
+1

Star Card
Cost:
Types: Action-Reserve

+1 Card
+1 Action

Put this on your Tavern Mat.
(this is not in the supply)
------------------------------
When you gain a card other than a Star Card, you may flip a coin (coin not included).
If it comes up heads, you may gain a Star Card.
This is a Star Card. Star Cards are better than other cards.

You Win!
Cost:
Type: Event

When you buy this, you win!
(If you have more Star Cars on your Tavern Mat than anyone else still in the game.)
Otherwise, gain a Star Card.
See, Star Cards really are better than other cards!

Bonus points if you can name the game that this idea was taken from.

I'm guessing you didn't playtest this at all.

Not sure if you're just making a reference I don't get or if you don't know what thread this is.
The game which is the inspiration for the RBCI.

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: March 03, 2019, 09:21:43 pm »

Not sure if you're just making a reference I don't get or if you don't know what thread this is.

The former. The game I got the idea from is called "We didn't playtest this at all". I wouldn't expect everyone to know it, but if you don't, it's a great game if you're in the mood for a laugh with some friends.
Hydrogen Helium Lithium Beryllium Boron Carbon Nitrogen Oxygen Fluorine Neon Sodium

LittleFish

• Tactician
  • Respect: +188
    • View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: March 04, 2019, 07:54:16 am »

Star Card
Cost:
Types: Action-Reserve

+1 Card
+1 Action

Put this on your Tavern Mat.
(this is not in the supply)
------------------------------
When you gain a card other than a Star Card, you may flip a coin (coin not included).
If it comes up heads, you may gain a Star Card.
This is a Star Card. Star Cards are better than other cards.

You Win!
Cost:
Type: Event

When you buy this, you win!
(If you have more Star Cars on your Tavern Mat than anyone else still in the game.)
Otherwise, gain a Star Card.
See, Star Cards really are better than other cards!

Bonus points if you can name the game that this idea was taken from.
"still in the game"? how would anybody not be still in the game

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: March 04, 2019, 11:51:51 am »
+1

I took the wording from similar cards in the game "We Didn't Playtest This At All", in which players can get eliminated (and usually for very silly reasons like forgetting to say "Ah! Zombies!" before playing a card while the Zombies card is out). It doesn't happen in Dominion (obviously), but that's why it's an RBCI, and not an SCI (serious card idea).

Side note: would you say "an RBCI" because R is pronounced with a vowel sound at the beginning, or would you say "a RBCI" because 'really' has a consonant sound at the beginning?
Hydrogen Helium Lithium Beryllium Boron Carbon Nitrogen Oxygen Fluorine Neon Sodium

King Leon

• Witch
  • Respect: +406
    • View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: March 04, 2019, 11:56:05 am »
+2

Side note: would you say "an RBCI" because R is pronounced with a vowel sound at the beginning, or would you say "a RBCI" because 'really' has a consonant sound at the beginning?

I would say, an arrrr-be-see-eye.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #5755 on: March 04, 2019, 12:57:53 pm »

I took the wording from similar cards in the game "We Didn't Playtest This At All", in which players can get eliminated (and usually for very silly reasons like forgetting to say "Ah! Zombies!" before playing a card while the Zombies card is out). It doesn't happen in Dominion (obviously), but that's why it's an RBCI, and not an SCI (serious card idea).

That depends on whether you say "really" or "R". Of course, you can also pronounce rbci as a single syllable, in which case it also has a consonant sound.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3961
    • View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: March 04, 2019, 01:09:10 pm »

RBCI...  Arby's seeing eye...  Illuminati roast beef and fried onion rings........
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: March 05, 2019, 03:32:02 am »

I think you generally base it on pronounciation. An hommage. A unit.

Gherald

• Minion
  • Awe: +35
  • Respect: +1399
    • View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: March 06, 2019, 06:08:52 pm »
+3

Persistent Watchtower Tattoo
Cost: 10
Type: Project

When you buy this, draw a watchtower on the palm of your hand. You now have a watchtower in-hand for the rest of the game, which cannot be discarded.
My opponent has more loot than me

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: March 06, 2019, 07:50:14 pm »
+3

Amputate
Event
$0

+1 Buy
You may cut off your hand.  If you did, reclaim your Project token from Persistent Watchtower Tattoo.  If you did:
  +$10
  Draw until you have 6 cards in hand.
---------
(You may Buy this during your Action phase)

Amputate For Wimps
Event
Cost: $0

+1 Buy
You may reclaim your Project token from Persistent Watchtower Tattoo.  If you did:
  +$5
  Draw until you have 6 cards in hand.
---------
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 10:45:01 pm by Minotaur »
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5760 on: March 06, 2019, 10:21:38 pm »
+1

Amputate
Event
$0

+$10
+1 Buy
You may cut off your hand.  If you did, reclaim your Project token from Persistent Watchtower Tattoo.  If you did, draw until you have 6 cards in hand.
---------

There needs to be a Possession protection clause. Otherwise this card is illegal (according governmental laws, I mean, not according to Dominion rules. This is perfectly fine by Dominion rules.) Other than that, the only other problem I see (if you want to call it a problem, but it's an RBCI so you don't have to) is that the + and +1 Buy not being in the 'if you did' clause makes Win on Turn 1 solutions much easier.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: March 06, 2019, 10:47:34 pm »

Amputate
Event
$0

+$10
+1 Buy
You may cut off your hand.  If you did, reclaim your Project token from Persistent Watchtower Tattoo.  If you did, draw until you have 6 cards in hand.
---------

There needs to be a Possession protection clause. Otherwise this card is illegal (according governmental laws, I mean, not according to Dominion rules. This is perfectly fine by Dominion rules.) Other than that, the only other problem I see (if you want to call it a problem, but it's an RBCI so you don't have to) is that the + and +1 Buy not being in the 'if you did' clause makes Win on Turn 1 solutions much easier.

"There I was with two stumps, thinking I was going to win on Turn 1, and then I realized Market Fair wasn't in the game..."

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: March 06, 2019, 11:07:17 pm »

Amputate
Event
$0

+$10
+1 Buy
---------

"There I was with two stumps, thinking I was going to win on Turn 1, and then I realized Market Fair wasn't in the game..."
You mean Travelling Fair? Also, you don't have to cut off your hands to get the + and +1 Buy, the only thing cutting your hand off does is it allows you to remove your Project token and draw up to 6 cards.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: March 07, 2019, 12:09:12 am »

Amputate
Event
$0

+$10
+1 Buy
---------

You mean Travelling Fair? Also, you don't have to cut off your hands to get the + and +1 Buy, the only thing cutting your hand off does is it allows you to remove your Project token and draw up to 6 cards.

You have to Buy the event each time though.  So you need Traveling Fair to end on Turn 1.

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: March 07, 2019, 10:46:34 am »

Amputate
Event
$0

+$10
+1 Buy
---------

You have to Buy the event each time though.  So you need Traveling Fair to end on Turn 1.

True. It still makes the solution easier though, needing only two events as opposed to a whole kingdom, and shuffle luck on opening doesn't play a role anymore. I still think there needs to be a Possession protection clause... although I suppose if someone possesses you you can resign if you really care about your hands.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: March 07, 2019, 11:13:51 am »

It may be the truest RBCI thus far and no upvotes.  Balance tweaks are fine, but accomodations for personal safety are conterproductive.

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: March 07, 2019, 12:57:34 pm »
+1

Envious Coppersmith

Action: $3

Copper produces an extra $1 this turn, but Gold and Silver produce only $1 each.

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: March 07, 2019, 01:04:24 pm »
+1

Morbid Lurking Librarian With Some Explaining To Do
Actiion

Choose one: gain a hand from the Trash; or draw until you have seven hands in hand (not including a hand that's holding the hand of hands), skipping anything that is not a body part; set those aside, discarding them afterwards. You may wipe the blood off anything you set aside.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: March 07, 2019, 01:14:11 pm »
+1

Gold Rush
Action-Duration
Cost: $2

At the start of your next turn, gain a Gold in hand.
---------
While this is in play, Gold produces $1 less, but not less than $2.
---------
Setup:  Add Fool's Gold to the Supply
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 05:25:47 pm by Minotaur »

LittleFish

• Tactician
  • Respect: +188
    • View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: March 07, 2019, 08:32:15 pm »

Morbid Lurking Librarian With Some Explaining To Do
Actiion

Choose one: gain a hand from the Trash; or draw until you have seven hands in hand (not including a hand that's holding the hand of hands), skipping anything that is not a body part; set those aside, discarding them afterwards. You may wipe the blood off anything you set aside.
There needs to be a card or event that gives hands

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: March 07, 2019, 09:03:18 pm »
+1

Lend a hand
Event

Take debt of an arm and a leg
Gain a hand

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: March 07, 2019, 10:04:41 pm »
+1

Dread Pirate Roberts
Action - Attack - Reaction - $3
You may move your cards to your other hand. If you do, +2 Cards and each other player discards a card.
When another player plays an Attack card, you may play this from your hand.

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: March 07, 2019, 11:33:05 pm »

Dread Pirate Roberts
You may move your cards to your other hand. If you do, +2 Cards and each other player discards a card.

Does moving your cards to your other hand make other cards lose track of them? Do the +2 Cards go to your first hand or your other hand? Can you play this from either hand or just one of them? If just one of them, which hand?

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: March 07, 2019, 11:40:22 pm »

No Cheating
Project - Reaction -
When any other player reveals any cards, you may make them give those cards to you for inspection to make sure you don't miss any. You must give them back afterwards to let them finish resolving the effect. These cards are not technically moved to your hand; nothing can lose track of the these cards via this effect.

King Leon

• Witch
  • Respect: +406
    • View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: March 08, 2019, 02:06:40 am »

Dread Pirate Roberts

This does not combo with Amputate, but you can still lend another hand.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 02:07:54 am by King Leon »
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 282  All

Page created in 0.502 seconds with 21 queries.