Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1860836 times)

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3961
    • View Profile
Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #3925 on: September 14, 2015, 12:02:21 pm »

Blue Balls Seven - $7
Treasure
When you play this card, if you have exactly $7 in play, $1. Otherwise, while this is in play, your $ is set to $7, regardless of all other modifiers.

...For humor's sake, how does playing two of these cards resolve?

I think since the first one is still in play, you get your $8, but it immediately becomes $7.  But if you Procession it, I'm not so sure.  I guess it would constantly check itself to see whether it's in play, so it would check before Procession had a chance to trash it.

The real thing to do is to spam +buys, though.  Nothing fancy - just Market Square or maybe some Squires and/or Goons.

You mean Counterfeit?

Now that I've thought about your comment a bit, yeah.  That would trim the deck really well, and it's non-terminal.  Market Square would still be fine, but Goons would have a problem.  With a nice Village, Goons might still be worth it because it's Goons, but it depends.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: September 14, 2015, 01:14:06 pm »
+2

Blue Balls Seven - $7
Treasure
When you play this card, if you have exactly $7 in play, $1. Otherwise, while this is in play, your $ is set to $7, regardless of all other modifiers.

...For humor's sake, how does playing two of these cards resolve?

I think since the first one is still in play, you get your $8, but it immediately becomes $7.  But if you Procession it, I'm not so sure.  I guess it would constantly check itself to see whether it's in play, so it would check before Procession had a chance to trash it.

The real thing to do is to spam +buys, though.  Nothing fancy - just Market Square or maybe some Squires and/or Goons.

You mean Counterfeit?

Now that I've thought about your comment a bit, yeah.  That would trim the deck really well, and it's non-terminal.  Market Square would still be fine, but Goons would have a problem.  With a nice Village, Goons might still be worth it because it's Goons, but it depends.

No, he meant did you mean Counterfeit instead of Procession. This is a treasure, not an action.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: September 14, 2015, 02:10:19 pm »

Oh, right.  Whoops.  X-P
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

RelzeriZynx

• Swindler
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: September 16, 2015, 11:41:03 pm »
+4

Mint
Action - Treasure: $2

-$3
---
Whenever you buy a card this turn, + 1 buy, +$1

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
  • Respect: +204
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: September 17, 2015, 09:15:38 am »

Mint

-$3
---

Each standalone set comes with 60 Copper cards, which means a game will have 60 Coppers minus 7 for each player in the game (46 for a 2-player game).
Gender happened.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3930 on: September 17, 2015, 09:41:47 am »
+2

Mint

-$3
---

Each standalone set comes with 60 Copper cards, which means a game will have 60 Coppers minus 7 for each player in the game (46 for a 2-player game).

That's why it's a really bad card idea.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: September 17, 2015, 10:23:45 am »

Mint 2.0 is good because it isn't a magical device that creates duplicates material resources.  It creates a currency spike that mires your deck in a state of inflation afterward.

Not that it's a balanced card at all. You probably just want to play it once with two Highways and only one player gets to play one at all.  But it's thematically closer to the real thing.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3932 on: September 17, 2015, 10:32:09 am »

Mint 2.0 is good because it isn't a magical device that creates duplicates material resources.  It creates a currency spike that mires your deck in a state of inflation afterward.

Not that it's a balanced card at all. You probably just want to play it once with two Highways and only one player gets to play one at all.  But it's thematically closer to the real thing.

You don't even need Highways. Just buy out the Copper pile and the Curse pile and you have $53 already, and that is enough to empty the Estates and buy 6 Provinces.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1609
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: September 17, 2015, 10:40:55 am »

You don't even need Highways. Just buy out the Copper pile and the Curse pile and you have $53 already, and that is enough to empty the Estates and buy 6 Provinces.

But you still only have one buy. Now, play two Mint2.0s, then you have something.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: September 17, 2015, 10:42:30 am »

Ok, so maybe it's balanced a bit more for 4-player Prosperity games.  Then you can't just one-shot the top pile so hard that there's not enough VP left to catch up.

Also, combos with Goons.  X-P

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3935 on: September 17, 2015, 10:45:32 am »

But you still only have one buy.

You have essentially unlimited buys, because you get another buy whenever you spend one.

Ok, so maybe it's balanced a bit more for 4-player Prosperity games.  Then you can't just one-shot the top pile so hard that there's not enough VP left to catch up.

You can still end it on piles.

singletee

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: September 17, 2015, 10:51:19 am »
+2

You have essentially unlimited buys, because you get another buy whenever you spend one.

Oh, right, I forgot you'll get the bonus when buying the stuff you actually want too.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: September 17, 2015, 11:00:10 am »
+1

I'm assuming you'd have to play $3 on the same turn as Mint in order to "afford" your first copper.  I guess that consideration aside, we can agree that Mint auto-wins for whomever plays it first on a three-pile ending (Estates, Coppers, Curses, and as many Duchies/Provinces/Colonies as you can afford).

So this card has earned its RBCI badge.

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1207
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: September 23, 2015, 11:49:03 pm »
+1

Insult to Injury Victory $8*

At the end of the game, if you have more of the most expensive Victory card in the Supply than any other player, this is worth as many VP as that card.
----------------
If Colonies are in the Supply, this costs $11

Engineer Action $5

If you have already played 7 or more Actions this turn, +6 Actions and draw up to 10 cards.

Hedge Fund Treasure-Duration $7

Now and at the start of each turn for the rest of the game: place an Interest token on your Interest mat. +$2 for each token on your Interest mat.
---------------------
You may not play this unless you have at least 10 other Treasures in play.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 12:38:58 am by Marcory »

singletee

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: September 25, 2015, 01:26:49 pm »
+6

Judas
Action - Attack
Cost: $6

Each other player trashes a Teacher from his hand or reveals a hand with no Teacher. If a Teacher was trashed in this way, gain 30 Silvers and a Curse.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: September 25, 2015, 01:30:05 pm »
+4

Judas
Action - Attack

Each other player trashes a Teacher from his hand or reveals a hand with no Teacher. If a Teacher was trashed in this way, gain 30 Silvers and a Curse.

For the sake of the nation, this Teacher must die.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: September 25, 2015, 04:31:02 pm »

The Stuff No One Takes Literally
Action
Cost: $5

You may play an Attack card from your hand.  For each time that attack causes a player to discard a card, that player discards another card, and for each Curse, Ruins, or Copper the attack causes a player to gain, that player gains another Curse, Ruins or Copper (respectively).  If you played an attack card, each playher reveals their hand, and you may ask for any number of the revealed cards.  Those players may pass you the cards that you asked for, or they can go to hell.  Each player who is not in hell gets +3 VP.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: September 25, 2015, 07:32:27 pm »
+1

Bag of Holding
Action - Duration - 0*

At the start of each of your turns for the rest of the game, put all cards in your hand, discard pile, and deck on your Bag of Holding mat. Cards on the Bag of Holding mat can be played as if they were in your hand. (This is not in the Supply.)
----------
Setup: Each player adds a Bag of Holding to their starting hand.

RelzeriZynx

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: September 27, 2015, 06:38:48 am »

Exploit
Action - Duration - Reaction

Now, and for the rest of the game, when any player gains a card, gain a copy of that card. If you do, +1 Card, +1

RelzeriZynx

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: September 27, 2015, 06:42:24 am »

Judas
Action - Attack

Why?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3945 on: September 27, 2015, 09:10:58 am »
+4

Judas
Action - Attack

Why?

For the sake of the nation.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: September 27, 2015, 03:58:37 pm »
+1

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: September 27, 2015, 05:58:04 pm »

Bag of Holding
Action - Duration - 0*

At the start of each of your turns for the rest of the game, put all cards in your hand, discard pile, and deck on your Bag of Holding mat. Cards on the Bag of Holding mat can be played as if they were in your hand. (This is not in the Supply.)
----------

(First make it in the supply)

...If more than one Bag of Holding is on your Bag of Holding mat, trash all cards on your Bag of Holding mat.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: September 27, 2015, 06:33:49 pm »
+1

Bag of Holding
Action - Duration - 0*

----------

(First make it in the supply)

...If more than one Bag of Holding is on your Bag of Holding mat, trash all cards on your Bag of Holding mat.

Wouldn't the game end in a draw, after which no one can ever play Dominion again anywhere ever?

market squire

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +201
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: October 04, 2015, 09:04:29 am »

Let's Cooperate!
Action - Prize 0*
Each other player reveals their hand. If he reveals a Tournament, he passes his cards to you. Otherwise, he gains a Tournament, discards his hand and draws a new hand of 5 cards. Take any number of extra turns.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 282  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.