Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1850001 times)

thespaceinvader

• Minion
  • Respect: +120
    • View Profile
Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #3775 on: June 17, 2015, 06:05:27 am »

Swamp Haggler - Action - Attack - Duration - (5)
+(2)
Until your next turn, when any player buys a card, you gain a non-victory card costing less than it.
At the start of your next turn: +(3)
This sort of attack could actually be really interesting I think.  It would need a bit of balancing (maybe 'costing at least (2) less than it) but I think it could make for a really fun attack.

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +863
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: June 17, 2015, 09:34:36 am »
+1

+(2)
Until your next turn, when any player buys a card, you gain a non-victory card costing less than it.
This sort of attack could actually be really interesting I think.  It would need a bit of balancing (maybe 'costing at least (2) less than it) but I think it could make for a really fun attack.

Technically, this is not an Attack, as it doesn't affect each other players' decks or hands. This also isn't an Attack:

Not An Attack, $8, Action
+3 Cards. The player to your left reveals cards from the top of his deck until he reveals 2 cards costing $3 or more, trashes those and puts the rest on top of his deck in the order you choose. You gain all the trashed cards. That player gains a Curse and a Ruins, putting them on top of his deck. If he has 5 or more cards in hand, he reveals his hand and you choose a card from it. He discards it, then discards down to 3 cards in his hand. You may play another Not An Attack from your hand.
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept

Sidsel

• Bishop
  • Respect: +174
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: June 17, 2015, 10:08:59 am »
+8

+(2)

Technically, this is not an Attack, as it doesn't affect each other players' decks or hands. This also isn't an Attack:

Pnot An Attack, $8, Action
+3 Cards. The player to your left reveals cards from the top of his deck until he reveals 2 cards costing $3 or more, trashes those and puts the rest on top of his deck in the order you choose. You gain all the trashed cards. That player gains a Curse and a Ruins, putting them on top of his deck. If he has 5 or more cards in hand, he reveals his hand and you choose a card from it. He discards it, then discards down to 3 cards in his hand. You may play another Not An Attack from your hand.

Fixed in accordance with your signature.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: June 17, 2015, 10:16:42 am »

C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker
Action
Cost: $8

Play this as any other $8 Card in Dominion.  This is that Card until it leaves play.

That was also the premise of this one.  Because it doesn't start with "P"...

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1606
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: June 22, 2015, 05:46:32 pm »
+1

Magpool
Action
Cost: $4P

+1 Action

Reveal the top card of your deck; you may discard it. If it's an Action or Victory card, gain a Magpool. If it's a Treasure card, reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal one that isn't a Treasure. Put the revealed cards into your hand.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:54:43 pm by singletee »

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3960
    • View Profile
« Reply #3780 on: June 27, 2015, 06:20:36 am »

Scoutem
Action
Cost: $4

+1 Action
Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal two Victory cards.  Put the revealed Victory cards into your hand and discard the others.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: June 27, 2015, 01:55:48 pm »

Potioning Party
Event
Cost: $3

(Once per turn)
+1 Buy
+P
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: June 29, 2015, 05:28:00 pm »
+3

Ruined Band of Misfits
Cost: $0
Action-Ruins

Choose a card in the Supply costing $4 or less.  This is that card until it leaves play.

(Clarification:  It was not that card when it was played, so that card has not been played.  That card is in play, and an action has been played, but the action that was played and the action that is in play are different cards.

Also: Look ma, it combos with Highway!)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3783 on: June 29, 2015, 05:32:32 pm »
+2

Ruined Band of Misfits

I thought it was going to have the exact same wording as the original.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: June 29, 2015, 05:50:37 pm »
+1

It was not that card when it was played, so that card has not been played.  That card is in play, and an action has been played, but the action that was played and the action that is in play are different cards.

My head is spinning.... what?
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: June 29, 2015, 06:00:17 pm »
+2

It was not that card when it was played, so that card has not been played.  That card is in play, and an action has been played, but the action that was played and the action that is in play are different cards.

You would not get any of the normal on-play benefits from playing it, because you never played whatever card you choose. But you would still get "while this is in play benefits."
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: June 29, 2015, 06:03:58 pm »

You would not get any of the normal on-play benefits from playing it, because you never played whatever card you choose. But you would still get "while this is in play benefits."

That's the idea.  Also, if another card depends on the wording "in play" or "has been played" referring to other cards in the game of a certain type, the distinction matters.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: June 29, 2015, 06:27:27 pm »

Ruined Band of Misfits

I thought it was going to have the exact same wording as the original.

(It took me a moment to get the joke.  I'm assuming you mean the cost would remain $0...)

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: June 29, 2015, 07:26:26 pm »

Ok, fine...

Misfit
Action-Ruins
Cost: $2

Play this card as if it were an Action card in the Supply costing less than it that you choose.

This is that card until it leaves play.

(Basically is Poor House except for the 98% of the time that it isn't.)

(Or ok, -$2 cost token, there's that if you're lucky.)

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: June 30, 2015, 06:04:52 am »

cost $4
Breaking Bad Laboratory
+2 cards
+2 actions
When you gain or play this, each other player draws a card

cost $5
Prison Break Catacombs
+1 action
Look at the top 3 cards of your deck. Choose one : put them into your hand, or discard them and +3 cards.
---
When you gain and trash this, each other player gains a card costing less than this.

cost $4
Game of Thrones Throne Room
Choose an action card from your hand. Play it twice. If this is an attack, play it four times instead.
---
When you gain this, each other player may gain an Attack action card.
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: June 30, 2015, 01:09:36 pm »
+1

Hunting Party
Action
Cost: $3

+1 Action
Reveal your hand.  Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal a card which is not a duplicate of a card in your hand.  Put the revealed Victory cards in your hand, and put the other revealed cards back in any order.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 05:20:00 pm by Minotaur »

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: July 03, 2015, 05:25:32 pm »

Knight Session

The player to your left takes an extra turn after this one in which you can see all cards he can and make all decisions for him.
Any cards he would gain on that turn, you gain instead. Any cards that are trashed are set aside and returned to your discard pile at end of turn.
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: July 03, 2015, 08:08:59 pm »
+3

Scout Session

The player to your left reveals the top four cards of their deck.  Put the revealed Victory cards into your hand.  The player to your left puts the other revealed cards back in any order.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 11:35:12 pm by Minotaur »

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: July 03, 2015, 11:24:23 pm »

Therapy Session

Action, $5

Each player talks about how they feel as you take an extra turn with each player in counter-clockwise order. If they do, + on their next turn.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1203
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: July 04, 2015, 05:43:29 pm »

Copper Miner Action $0

+1 Action
+$1
_________
In games using this, remove all Coppers from the Supply. Replace each player's starting Copper with Copper Miner. Counting the starting Copper Miners, there are 120 Copper Miners in the Supply. All cards that refer to Copper are considered to also refer to Copper Miner.

Silver miner Action $3

+1 Action
+$2

Gold Miner Action $6

+1 Action
+$3

Platinum Miner Action $9

+1 Action
+$5

Other card possibilities: Banker, Eunuch (in charge of Harems), Hoarder, Lord Privy Seal (in charge of the Royal Seal), Fence (sells Contraband), Donald X (has a 'Stache), Counterfeiter, Shaman (provides Talismans), Artist (creates Masterpieces), Lendor, 49er (finds Fool's Gold), Witch Doctor (sells Amulets), Treasurer (produces Coin of the Realm), etc.

Dominion would probably be worse without Treasure, but how much worse?

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3795 on: July 04, 2015, 05:53:45 pm »

Other card possibilities: Banker, Eunuch (in charge of Harems), Hoarder, Lord Privy Seal (in charge of the Royal Seal), Fence (sells Contraband), Donald X (has a 'Stache), Counterfeiter, Shaman (provides Talismans), Artist (creates Masterpieces), Lendor, 49er (finds Fool's Gold), Witch Doctor (sells Amulets), Treasurer (produces Coin of the Realm), etc.

Dominion would probably be worse without Treasure, but how much worse?

Amulet is an Action already, isn't it?  (I always keep expecting it to be a Treasure, too...)

I think Dominion would lose a lot of depth.  Maybe it wouldn't be totally pointless, but it would hurt.  Drawing treasure dead would hurt, but being able to play treasures early would help in niche cases like Tactician (and to a lesser extent, Venture) (unless Venture is just an overpriced Silver Mine now... X-D )  Terminal draw would massively fail to be a thing, or it would cost 1-2 less every time.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: July 04, 2015, 07:07:55 pm »
+1

Kidnapped Child
Action-Reserve

Put this on your Tavern mat.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

ephesos

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ephesos
  • Respect: +290
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: July 16, 2015, 04:24:35 pm »
+1

Kidnapped Child
Action-Reserve

Put this on your Tavern mat.
Kidnapper
Action-Attack
Reveal the top card of your opponent's deck and put it on your Tavern mat.
During your opponent's next buy phase, they may pay half of the revealed card's cost in coins(rounded down).
If they do, take coin tokens from the Supply equal to the coins paid, then move the revealed card to your opponent's discard pile.
Otherwise, at the end of their buy phase, you may trash the revealed card.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At the end of the game, +1 VP for each Kidnapped Child on your Tavern mat.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: July 16, 2015, 06:30:34 pm »

"He... he kidnapped my Gold!" *faints*
*Cop blinks* "....yeahhhhhh."

Erick648

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +628
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: July 17, 2015, 12:00:44 am »
+2

Police
$6 Reaction
When another player plays an attack card, you may discard this from your hand.  If you do, you are unaffected by that attack, trash that attack card, and the player who played it ends his turn and loses his next turn.

Lawyer
$3 Action - Reaction
You may play an attack card.  If you do, it loses the Attack type.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
When another player's card affects you, you may reveal this from your hand.  If you do, that card gains the Attack type and counts as having been played, and the effect that affects you counts as an on-play effect.
When another player reveals a Lawyer from his hand, you may reveal this from your hand to make that Lawyer have no effect.
When you reveal this from your hand, you may trash a treasure from your hand.  If you don't, return this to the supply.

Yes, it is a rules nightmare. Kind of ironic, actually.
Duplicate duplicates Duplicates duplicate Duplicates duplicate.

Rene Descartes taught me to believe in myself.

How much Loot could a Looter loot if a Looter could loot Loot?
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 282  All

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.