Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1849265 times)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #2900 on: July 25, 2014, 03:26:36 pm »
+1

Well these are fan cards are they not? What differenxe does it make if they're puposefully bad or silly? They're still cards created by fans.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: July 25, 2014, 04:37:28 pm »

Well these are fan cards are they not? What differenxe does it make if they're puposefully bad or silly? They're still cards created by fans.

I don't think they are. if someone makes a joke about a card that's bad, he doesn't create a card, he just says "hey look if this card existed, that would be really dumb."

Sorry, *silverspawn, but as your poll is bearing out, popular opinion is against us here. I think this is one of those "accept the things you cannot change" situations.
yea looks like it

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: July 25, 2014, 04:49:12 pm »

I agree, this should be in Dominion General Discussion, as it's for me the twin brother of "Homage to the best card". But none of those marvellous threads should disappear !
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: July 25, 2014, 04:52:03 pm »

I agree, this should be in Dominion General Discussion, as it's for me the twin brother of "Homage to the best card". But none of those marvellous threads should disappear !

And by the way, a really bad card :

-Candy Crush-
Action, $5
Reveal your hand. Trash every card that you have at least 3 copies of in it. If you have trash 4 or more copies of the same card, gain a card costing up to the cost of the trashed card + $1 per trashed copy of that card.

By the way I participate in Candy Crush Wiki, but only as a commenter, if you're interested http://candy-crush-saga.wikia.com/wiki/Candy_Crush_Saga_Wiki I even created a few fan levels. http://candy-crush-saga.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:100856
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 04:59:30 pm by ChocophileBenj »
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: July 25, 2014, 04:55:09 pm »

-Candy Crush-
Action, $5
Play this card in a real-life game after spending like 10 minutes to draw your deck with Scrying Pool.  Watch opponent flip the gaming table over and storm off.  Lulz at your troll self.

Fixed it for you.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: July 25, 2014, 05:02:20 pm »

I don't think they are. if someone makes a joke about a card that's bad, he doesn't create a card, he just says "hey look if this card existed, that would be really dumb."

What about it is not creating a card? The fact that there's no art? Or the fact that they're really bad card ideas? If the lack of art then you should suggest that serious card ideas be put in general discussion too. If it's the fact they're bad ideas for cards I'll just repeat what I said earlier. They're still fan cards even if they're really bad fan cards.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2906 on: July 25, 2014, 05:43:17 pm »
+1

It's like posting really bad strategy advice in the Articles forum. Or really bad tournaments in the Tournaments and Events forum.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #2907 on: July 25, 2014, 05:45:07 pm »

And by the way, a really bad card :

-Candy Crush-
Action, $5
Reveal your hand. Trash every card that you have at least 3 copies of in it. If you have trash 4 or more copies of the same card, gain a card costing up to the cost of the trashed card + $1 per trashed copy of that card.

By the way I participate in Candy Crush Wiki, but only as a commenter, if you're interested http://candy-crush-saga.wikia.com/wiki/Candy_Crush_Saga_Wiki I even created a few fan levels. http://candy-crush-saga.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:100856

I hate Level 382.  I only play on my phone and that level is really effed up because the wrapped + stripe combo you start with doesn't clear anything on mobile (but apparently wipes out the licorice and middle jelly on Facebook).

In general I am often bad at figuring out what is going to happen whenever licorice is involved.  I swear those go by their own rules or something.

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: July 25, 2014, 06:19:17 pm »

I play on phone too ! And I was stuck on level 382 too !!! OMG ! (feels febrile like an annoying Facebook girl) (By the way sorry for that little "advertisement" for my CCS idea of wild combo in my message, it was too easy)

Back to main thread (CCS references here !!!) :

-Wafer Wharf-
Action duration, $5
+2 cards, +1 buy.
Each other player must play at least one duration card and one card costing up to $3 (that must be distinct) on his next turn.
At the start of your next turn, +2 cards and +1 buy per player who didn't.

-Candy town-
Action, $6
+1 card
+2 actions
+$X, if this is the Xth time you played Candy town in a row this turn.

-Gummy Gardens-
Victory action, $4
+1 action
Look at the top and the bottom cards of your deck. You may either put your top card to bottom or your bottom card to top.
Worth 1 VP for every 12 cards in your deck (rounded down).

-Crunchy Castle-
Action, $6
+1 card, +1 action.
Choose one : trash a card from your hand (crunchy) or you may choose an action card from your hand, play it twice (castle) (not so bad idea ?)

Also you can invent cards for Bubblegum Bridge Fudge Islands and Funky Fortress (two Reality and one Dreamworld episodes behind these spoilers)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: July 25, 2014, 07:00:18 pm »

It's like posting really bad strategy advice in the Articles forum. Or really bad tournaments in the Tournaments and Events forum.

The point is bad article or not it still belongs in the articles subforum. Bad tournament or not it still belongs in the tournament subforum. This is no different. Fans of Dominion are creating cards and it belongs in the fan cards subforum.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2910 on: July 25, 2014, 07:05:37 pm »

The point is bad article or not it still belongs in the articles subforum. Bad tournament or not it still belongs in the tournament subforum. This is no different. Fans of Dominion are creating cards and it belongs in the fan cards subforum.
if you write an article as a joke, you wouldn't post it in the article thread, because it's not meant to educate, it's meant as a joke. same goes with fan cards. if you don't actually want to make a card, just want to make fun of an idea, you shouldn't post it in the fan card thread, because you aren't trying to make a fan card, you're trying to make a joke.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: July 25, 2014, 07:15:28 pm »

if you write an article as a joke, you wouldn't post it in the article thread, because it's not meant to educate, it's meant as a joke. same goes with fan cards. if you don't actually want to make a card, just want to make fun of an idea, you shouldn't post it in the fan card thread, because you aren't trying to make a fan card, you're trying to make a joke.

How is moving this anywhere else any more appropriate? There's no joke subforum so I don't see the problem of having a joke thread once in a while. I can argue that the Dominion General Discussion subforum is more serious than this one.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: July 25, 2014, 07:23:08 pm »

How is moving this anywhere else any more appropriate? There's no joke subforum so I don't see the problem of having a joke thread once in a while. I can argue that the Dominion General Discussion subforum is more serious than this one.
yea but I never said anything about the general discussion forum. I wanted to move it to forum games; you're thinking of stupid cards, someone else reads them, it's a game. I'd also move homage to the best card to the forum games, especially because of the respect.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: July 25, 2014, 07:25:14 pm »
+3

Oh boy, is it time to debate the definition of "game" again??
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: July 25, 2014, 07:31:32 pm »

Right sorry. I don't see this as a game but that's a whole other thing. The most important aspect of all of this is that this thread is about people creating cards, which is what this subforum is about. Whether or not they're jokey in nature is inconsequential in my opinion.

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: July 25, 2014, 09:24:11 pm »
+1

The whole move discussion should be in the anti-joke thread.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: July 25, 2014, 11:38:14 pm »

Right sorry. I don't see this as a game but that's a whole other thing. The most important aspect of all of this is that this thread is about people creating cards, which is what this subforum is about. Whether or not they're jokey in nature is inconsequential in my opinion.

Yeah! This isn't a game! This matters. Important decisions! Life changing events!

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: July 25, 2014, 11:46:08 pm »

Yeah! This isn't a game! This matters. Important decisions! Life changing events!

You just can't understand. You can't!

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #2918 on: July 26, 2014, 01:14:25 am »

Are all these posts for new card ideas?
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: July 26, 2014, 07:39:52 pm »

you wouldn't, but that might also make it less stressful.

I also found this quote:
You know, I hate to be a downer, but I'm really sick of this thread being in this subforum. I see that there are new posts in the Variants forum and I think, "Oh, maybe there are new cards to critique, or someone has given me feedback on my cards." And then it's just another post or two to this thread. I wish there were a way I could unsubscribe to just this one thread.

I like humor as much as the next guy, but I wish this were moved to the general Dominion discussion area, where the other joke threads are.

I confess I did not think of the harm this was doing.  LFT sounds like he's having a really rough time.

I got over it. Even as First World Problems go, this is pretty minor for me.

Sorry, Silverspawn, but as your poll is bearing out, popular opinion is against us here. I think this is one of those "accept the things you cannot change" situations.

Well the proposition in the poll is rather complicated.  I'm happy with the topic being moved, just not to Forum Games. So I voted No.
Well you *do* need a signature...

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: July 26, 2014, 07:55:40 pm »

I also found this quote:
You know, I hate to be a downer, but I'm really sick of this thread being in this subforum. I see that there are new posts in the Variants forum and I think, "Oh, maybe there are new cards to critique, or someone has given me feedback on my cards." And then it's just another post or two to this thread. I wish there were a way I could unsubscribe to just this one thread.

I like humor as much as the next guy, but I wish this were moved to the general Dominion discussion area, where the other joke threads are.

I confess I did not think of the harm this was doing.  LFT sounds like he's having a really rough time.

Sorry, Silverspawn, but as your poll is bearing out, popular opinion is against us here. I think this is one of those "accept the things you cannot change" situations.

Well the proposition in the poll is rather complicated.  I'm happy with the topic being moved, just not to Forum Games. So I voted No.

that's what i added the "no, but.." option for

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: July 26, 2014, 08:03:54 pm »

I also found this quote:

I didn't see any obvious distinction between "no" and "no, but..."
Well you *do* need a signature...

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: July 26, 2014, 08:25:37 pm »

I also found this quote:

"no, but" was meant for people who want to move it but not to the forum game area. "do you want to move it to the forum game area?" "no, but i'd like to move it to the XYZ area."

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: July 27, 2014, 11:52:06 am »

I also found this quote:

It means they don't want it to go in the Random Stuff thread.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #2924 on: July 27, 2014, 11:56:25 am »
+1

I equate moving to the Forum Games section along the lines of "Trash a card from your hand, then trash this."
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 282  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.