Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1849855 times)

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3960
    • View Profile
Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #2800 on: June 27, 2014, 12:57:18 pm »

Jack of Ass
Cost: 0
Action

Look at the top card of your deck.  You may jump off the roof of your house in a shopping cart; you have 5 minutes to construct a way to break the fall from household items prior to that.  If you jump, trash your health insurance policy in real life and gain a Jack of Shit from the Jack of Shit pile, and gain some fans - dickheads mostly.  Return the card to the top of your deck or discard it.

Jack of Shit
Cost: 0* (Not in the Supply)
Action

Look at the top card of your deck.  Return it.

EDIT:  I'm not sure people remember Jackass and Jackass: The Movie?  I could hardly stand the commercials...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 03:55:05 pm by Minotaur »
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #2801 on: June 27, 2014, 01:03:42 pm »
+1

I should point out that I was making an actual reference in mine:

[Monty Python]
If you didn't notice the Holy Hand Grenade, some people picked up on your reference.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: June 27, 2014, 01:05:59 pm »

I should point out that I was making an actual reference in mine:

[Monty Python]
If you didn't notice the Holy Hand Grenade, some people picked up on your reference.

Good point!

-N-

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: June 29, 2014, 04:04:28 pm »

Stealer of Initiative
Cost: 5
Action - Attack - Duration
Each other player reveals all cards from his discard pile, deck and hand. If a player reveals only one action card this way, that player skips his next turn. Discard all cards revealed this way.
----
If any player has to skip his next turn by this card's effect, at the start of your next turn, +5 Cards, +1 Buy and +1 Action.

Because we really need cards that counter Big Money strategies.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 04:05:36 pm by -N- »

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1203
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: June 29, 2014, 04:11:38 pm »
+5

I Hate Tournament

Victory $7

6 VP

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: June 29, 2014, 04:14:12 pm »

I Hate Tournament

Victory $7

6 VP

And the player who doesn't hate Tournament is going to get an extra $1 every turn anyway.  A lot of good that does...
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: June 29, 2014, 04:18:57 pm »
+1

I Hate Tournament
Victory
Cost: $11

10 VP

I Reeeeaaally Hate Tournament
Victory
Cost: $14

15 VP

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: June 29, 2014, 09:16:29 pm »
+1

-Prince de LU-
Action, $4
You may set aside an action card.
---
Everytime you play a copy of an action card set aside, you may gain a copper, putting it in your hand
(this is a famous French cookie. Google it for more details.)

-Prince of Persia-
Action, $8
You may trash this. If you do, discard your hand, draw as many cards as your discarded, and discard down to 5 cards in hand. Set aside the first action card you buy this turn and play it at the start of each turn.

-Prince of Tennis-
Action, $8
At the start of every turn, reveal a card from your hand. Put up to 2 copies of that card back to the supply. Then each other player gains a copy of it.

-Prince of Respect-giver-
Action, $8
Reveal the top 4 cards of any pile in which the top card costs $8 and has letters P, R, I, N, C, E in that order in its name. Put all victory cards into your hand and the rest back on that pile in any order.
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: June 29, 2014, 10:32:41 pm »
+1

Recession
Action-Duration
Cost: $2

Play an Action card from your hand, and then set it aside along with this card.  Return all trashed Curses to the supply.

At the start of your turn whenever this card has set itself aside, discard this card if it has no card set aside with it.  Otherwise, trash the other set aside card, gain an Action card costing less than it, play the gained Action card, and then set the gained Action aside with this card.

If the player to your left plays an Action while this card is in play, place a Grievance token on your Grievance mat.  If any player trashes a Curse while this card is in play, return it to the Supply and place two Grievance tokens on your Grievance mat.  If either of these cause your Grievance mat to have three or more Grievance tokens on it, remove three of them and each player (including you) gains a Curse, starting with the player to your left.

Setup:  If this card is in your deck and no one has a score higher than 10VP at the end of the game, you are allowed to think that you're a winner.  Blame the player to your left for whatever happens.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 04:10:47 pm by Minotaur »

-N-

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: June 30, 2014, 11:38:18 am »
+1

Useless Wall
Action
+5 Actions
Discard your hand.

Good luck trying to make use of your extra actions!

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: June 30, 2014, 11:39:56 am »
+3

Useless Wall
Action
+5 Actions
Discard your hand.

Golem and Library. Next edge case please.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3189
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: June 30, 2014, 11:52:02 am »

Useless Wall
Action
+5 Actions
Discard your hand.

Golem and Library. Next edge case please.

throned herald.

it's the exact same thing as tacitican, these are the 2 ways to do it.

-N-

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: June 30, 2014, 02:09:41 pm »

Good luck trying to get that to actually happen in-game, building an engine around that card still is pretty damn hard.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: June 30, 2014, 02:14:03 pm »
+1

Notably, he didn't say you couldn't do it, he just wished you good luck in your endeavors. 

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: June 30, 2014, 02:14:53 pm »

Good luck trying to get that to actually happen in-game, building an engine around that card still is pretty damn hard.

yea you should make it +100 Actions, +10 Buys instead, then I could actually think of a case where it's worth it.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: June 30, 2014, 02:27:59 pm »

yea you should make it +100 Actions, +10 Buys instead, then I could actually think of a case where it's worth it.

Diadem :P
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: June 30, 2014, 02:49:38 pm »

exactly

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: June 30, 2014, 03:09:16 pm »

exactly

Yay! Although you still have to somehow get tournament, province, golem, useless wall, plus whatever let's you get diadem with the second golem play: adventurer, library... I don't know if you would be able to line up everything before some other more conventional deck would get half the points.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: June 30, 2014, 05:04:39 pm »

with the buys you might want it as your last card you play each turn in a deck with lots of virtual cash.

-N-

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: July 01, 2014, 11:16:31 am »

Notably, he didn't say you couldn't do it, he just wished you good luck in your endeavors.
I just realised I posted two posts in a row starting with 'Good luck' :-\

Go ahead and make it +100 actions, +10 Buys, in most kingdoms it is still exactly what it's name implies: an useless wall (or card).

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2820 on: July 01, 2014, 12:20:57 pm »

I just realised I posted two posts in a row starting with 'Good luck' :-\

Go ahead and make it +100 actions, +10 Buys, in most kingdoms it is still exactly what it's name implies: an useless wall (or card).

oh i'm not so sure. even if there is just death cart, you get full control over a pille. your opponent will have to be really careful if you have even a slight pointlead

and its killer with gardens. also a nice duke enabler, just buy 10 coppers every time, you'll always hit 5$

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1203
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: July 01, 2014, 02:16:54 pm »
+2

This has probably been done before, but:

Village People Action $5

+1 Card
+2 Actions

Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. If any of them is a Militia [the cop], Navigator [the sailor], Native Village [the Indian], Remodel [the construction worker], Scout [the cowboy--this is a stretch; any suggestions?], or a Knight [the biker, also a stretch], put it into play. Then put any other revealed actions on top of your deck and discard the rest.

The Village people has to be a Wandering Minstrel variant, of course
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:18:43 pm by Marcory »

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: July 01, 2014, 04:15:13 pm »

This has probably been done before, but:

Village People Action $5

+1 Card
+2 Actions

Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. If any of them is a Militia [the cop], Navigator [the sailor], Native Village [the Indian], Remodel [the construction worker], Scout [the cowboy--this is a stretch; any suggestions?], or a Knight [the biker, also a stretch], put it into play. Then put any other revealed actions on top of your deck and discard the rest.

The Village people has to be a Wandering Minstrel variant, of course

Hmmm...  Construction Worker is more like Woodcutter.  Cowboy could be Hunting Party.  The biker is probably Torturer.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: July 01, 2014, 07:31:08 pm »
+4

Concession

+1 action
+1 buy
This turn, you may gain Reese's cups from the Reese's basket as if it were a supply pile.

Setup:  Add a basket containing Reese's peanut butter cups to the sideboard.  These cost $1 (in Dominion money), and count toward the three-pile ending, but are not in the Supply.  Any player who has gained a Reese's peanut butter cup may eat it at any time.  Reese's cups are not cards, and are not shuffled into the deck, put in the discard pile, the trash, or any other such nonsense.  Idiot.  Please throw away the wrappers into the real-life trash when you're done, though.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 04:17:07 pm by Minotaur »

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: July 04, 2014, 12:18:23 pm »
+2

Concession

+1 action
+1 buy
This turn, you may gain Reese's cups from the Reese's basket as if it were a supply pile.

Setup:  Add a basket containing Reese's peanut butter cups to the sideboard.  These cost $1 (in Dominion money), and count toward the three-pile ending, but are not in the Supply.  Any player who has gained a Reese's peanut butter cup may eat it at any time.  Reese's cups are not cards, and are not shuffled into the deck, put in the discard pile, the trash, or any other such nonsense.  Idiot.  Please throw away the wrappers in real life when you're done, though.

This would create a whole new win condition for me, in fact, it would probably be a new game altogether called "catch Dsell before he gets away with our Reese's."
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 282  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.