Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1849988 times)

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1203
    • View Profile
Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #2525 on: May 10, 2014, 01:03:15 am »
+9

Fan--$3 Action/Treasure/Victory/Ruins/Knight/Looter/Curse

When you play this, propose an unpublished card.

Each other player must immediately point out the ways in which it's too complicated or overpowered, except for the player on your right, who must show how it combos well with Scout and wouldn't work in an online implementation.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: May 10, 2014, 01:19:29 am »
+3

If you play (and trash) more than a couple pillars, the great hall will come crashing down.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2144
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: May 10, 2014, 01:21:49 am »
+9

Each other player must immediately point out the ways in which it's too complicated or overpowered, except for the player on your right, who must show how it combos well with Scout and wouldn't work in an online implementation.

There's no way you could fit that many types on the card, plus it just seems unnecessarily complicated.  Why make a special exception for the player to your right?  Also, how would it interact with cards that say "each other player gains a curse" or "each other player gains a ruins"?  Fan is a curse, but presumably that's not the card I'm supposed to gain when my opponent plays Witch.  Plus, there's no way you could get it to work in an online implementation.  I mean, how are we supposed to communicate the proposed cards and all problems with it online?

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: May 10, 2014, 01:26:45 am »
+4

There's no way you could fit that many types on the card, plus it just seems unnecessarily complicated.  Why make a special exception for the player to your right?  Also, how would it interact with cards that say "each other player gains a curse" or "each other player gains a ruins"?  Fan is a curse, but presumably that's not the card I'm supposed to gain when my opponent plays Witch.  Plus, there's no way you could get it to work in an online implementation.  I mean, how are we supposed to communicate the proposed cards and all problems with it online?
You must not be on his right.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3960
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: May 10, 2014, 01:29:14 am »

Pillager
Cost: 7
Action-Attack

Trash this card.  Each other player reveals their hand and discards a card of your choice as many times as needed until their hand has no more than 3 cards.  Gain three Spoils from the Spoils pile.

Pillagest
Cost: 8
Action-Attack

Trash this card.  Each other player reveals their hand and discards a card of your choice as many times as needed until their hand has no more than 2 cards.  Gain four Spoils from the Spoils pile.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: May 10, 2014, 07:37:03 am »
+6

I like that you can draw it with Scout.
Well you *do* need a signature...

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: May 10, 2014, 08:28:27 am »
+1

I like that you can draw it with Scout.

Why is it not also a reaction? How I am supposed to reflect attacks unto the attacker if I can't reveal it?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: May 10, 2014, 10:27:53 am »
+6

Samson $? Action
Each other player reveals their hand.  Trash any revealed Pillars.  If you do, trash this.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Marcory

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: May 10, 2014, 03:51:40 pm »
+2

Delilah--$3 Action-Attack-Reaction 

Each opponent reveals their hand and discards any Samson cards
_____

When an opponent plays a Samson, you may reveal this. If so, Samson's attack does not affect you.
___
When you gain this, gain a Philistine from the Philistine pile

Philistine: $0* Action--Attack

+1 Card
+1 Action

Each opponent with more than 4 cards draws a card, then discards down to 4 cards
___
This card is not in the supply
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 03:54:56 pm by Marcory »

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: May 10, 2014, 08:24:12 pm »

Delilah--$3 Action-Attack-Reaction 

Each opponent reveals their hand and discards any Samson cards
_____

When an opponent plays a Samson, you may reveal this. If so, Samson's attack does not affect you.
___
When you gain this, gain a Philistine from the Philistine pile

I'm pretty sure Samson trashes Philistines, and Delilah turns Samson into Blind Samson, who trashes Pillars, Philistines, and himself.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: May 10, 2014, 10:12:44 pm »

I'm pretty sure Samson trashes Philistines, and Delilah turns Samson into Blind Samson, who trashes Pillars, Philistines, and himself.
Samson didn't go blind. He temporarily lost his strength when Delilah cut his hair. That's how they were able to chain him to the pillars. He gained his strength back when he prayed after he was chained to the pillars.

Samson $? Action
Each other player reveals their hand. Trash any revealed Philistines and Pillars. If more than one Pillar is trashed, trash this.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: May 10, 2014, 10:20:14 pm »

Samson didn't go blind. He temporarily lost his strength when Delilah cut his hair. That's how they were able to chain him to the pillars. He gained his strength back when he prayed after he was chained to the pillars.

Samson $? Action
Each other player reveals their hand. Trash any revealed Philistines and Pillars. If more than one Pillar is trashed, trash this.

After Delilah cut his hair, the Philistines gouged his eyes out.  You may as well give Delilah credit for it, because they weren't having any luck trying to do that before then.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: May 10, 2014, 10:28:57 pm »
+1

Samson $? Action

After Delilah cut his hair, the Philistines gouged his eyes out.  You may as well give Delilah credit for it, because they weren't having any luck trying to do that before then.
Oh, oops, I forgot about that part.

dominator 123

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: dominator 123
  • Notice the space
  • Respect: +369
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: May 14, 2014, 01:50:11 am »
+7

Copyright $2
Action
Trash this. Put a Copyright token on a supply pile.
When Band of Misfits is used to imitate a card whose supply pile has a Copyright token on it, that person gains a Curse.
"Strictly Better" compares only effects and not cost, change my mind

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +263
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: May 14, 2014, 06:53:17 am »
+13

Copyright $2
Action
Trash this. Put a Copyright token on a supply pile.
When Band of Misfits is used to imitate a card whose supply pile has a Copyright token on it, that person gains a Curse.

Copyright
Action
Play this as if it were the card to its right.
This is that card until it leaves play.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: May 15, 2014, 05:18:21 pm »
+5

Plagiarism
Action
Play this as if it were the card to its right.
This is that card until it leaves play.

See the joke here is that I'm blatantly copying the card idea above me, and making it obvious by changing the name of the card to 'Plagiarism'. But the card above's humour derives from a pun on the name of the card, therefore, this card makes no sense as a joke, thus forming an example of anti-humour, from which the humour is derived. However, this joke alone wasn't particularly funny, so I decided to add a description of the joke to make it funnier, and also a note to that note stating I appended the note to the original joke in order to make it funnier.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2541 on: May 15, 2014, 05:28:23 pm »
+8

Plagiarism
$0 Post
Read this as if it were the post above it. This is that post until it leaves play.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: May 15, 2014, 05:38:42 pm »
+5

Posting just to make Awaclus' Plagiarism leave play.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: May 15, 2014, 09:12:54 pm »
+1

Posting just to make Awaclus' Plagiarism leave play.

I liked sudgy's post so much that I decided to plagiarize it.

Marcory

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: May 15, 2014, 09:33:16 pm »

I think that giving credit kind of defeats the idea of plagiarizing.

Anyway,

Wondering Minstrel Action $4

+2 Actions

Name 3 cards in order. Reveal the top three cards of your deck. If you named the top three cards of your deck in order, +3 cards. Otherwise, trash this.

EDIT: You may not play Wondering Minstrel if Scout is in Play. (I had to nerf that obvious combo).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 11:10:50 pm by Marcory »

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: May 15, 2014, 10:38:57 pm »

Fraud Psychic Action $7

+2 Actions

Look at the top three cards of your deck. Then name 3 cards in order. Reveal the top three cards of your deck. If you named the top three cards of your deck in order, +3 cards. Otherwise, trash this.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2546 on: May 15, 2014, 10:44:49 pm »
+7

Fraud Psychic Action $7

+2 Actions

Look at the top three cards of your deck. Then name 3 cards in order. Reveal the top three cards of your deck. If you named the top three cards of your deck in order, +3 cards. Otherwise, trash this.
Freud Psychic Action $7

+2 Actions

Look at the top three cards of your deck. Then name 3 cards in order. If you named your mother, you have an Oedipus complex.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Marcory

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: May 15, 2014, 11:07:39 pm »
+1

Cigar Action $8

Play this as if it were a potentially symbolic Treasure or Action card in the supply that you chose.
________

You may trash this. If you do, you may roll it up and smoke it if you are of age.

(Because sometimes Cigar is just a cigar.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 11:22:53 pm by Marcory »

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: May 15, 2014, 11:33:49 pm »
+3

Cigar Action $8

Play this as if it were a potentially symbolic Treasure or Action card in the supply that you chose.
________

You may trash this. If you do, you may roll it up and smoke it if you are of age.

(Because sometimes Cigar is just a cigar.)

Close But No Cigar Action $2

Gain an Action card costing up to $7 named Cigar.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2549 on: May 15, 2014, 11:38:49 pm »
+1

Plagiarism
$0 Post
Read this as if it were the post above it. This is that post until it leaves play.
It's fun that Outpost doesn't have the Post card type. I guess that means this card out-Posted Outpost!

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 282  All

Page created in 0.342 seconds with 21 queries.