Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1865077 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2019
    • View Profile
Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #2300 on: March 25, 2014, 12:23:44 pm »

Rage-Quit Inducer

$2
+1 action

You may trash this.

When you trash this, place it into your hand.

If this is the 100th time you have trashed Rage-Quit Inducer this turn, each other player gains a Province

(The counting part makes it even more maddening)

You must count aloud. You must use the same pitch and inflection each time this card is played. You may choose to lose count, but other players may choose to remind you.

Also, you probably want the counter to reset to 0 when it reaches 100...

"I play Rage-Quit Inducer. I gain two coins for a total of two and one action for a total of one. I trash Rage-Quit Inducer, putting it in my hand. That's once. I play Rage-Quit Inducer. I gain two coins for a total of four and one action for a total of one. I trash Rage-Quit Inducer, putting it in my hand. That's twice..."

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: March 25, 2014, 12:34:57 pm »

Oh I got it, it's the famous Banach-Hershey-Tarski theorem. 

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3961
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: March 25, 2014, 12:35:35 pm »

Rage-Quit Inducer

$2
+1 action

You may trash this.

If this is the 100th time you have trashed Rage-Quit Inducer this turn, each other player gains a Province

You must count aloud. You must use the same pitch and inflection each time this card is played. You may choose to lose count, but other players may choose to remind you.

"I play Rage-Quit Inducer. I gain two coins for a total of two and one action for a total of one. I trash Rage-Quit Inducer, putting it in my hand. That's once. I play Rage-Quit Inducer. I gain two coins for a total of four and one action for a total of one. I trash Rage-Quit Inducer, putting it in my hand. That's twice..."

Oooooone... flipflipflip
Twooooo... flipflipflip
Threeeee... flipflipflip

Forty-seeeeeven... flipflipflip
Forty-eeeeeight... flipflipflip
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3234
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: March 25, 2014, 12:42:24 pm »

i think $2 was meant to be the cost, not a +2$ bonus

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: March 25, 2014, 12:45:23 pm »

i think $2 was meant to be the cost, not a +2$ bonus

Yeah... otherwise you'd just play it for (# of buys)*4 times and win the game.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12869
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2305 on: March 25, 2014, 12:47:10 pm »

Rage-Quit Inducer

$2
+1 action

You may trash this.

You don't gain two coins, that's the cost of the card.

EDIT: Damn, I got sarnath'd.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: March 25, 2014, 12:49:48 pm »

I think I must be misreading Rage Inducer.  Why would it induce rage?  There are some edge cases where it would be useful, but for the most part it is just a dead card.  Dead cards kind of suck, but they aren't rage inducing.  Or at least not for most people.
Well you *do* need a signature...

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12869
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2307 on: March 25, 2014, 12:57:11 pm »
+3

I think I must be misreading Rage Inducer.  Why would it induce rage?  There are some edge cases where it would be useful, but for the most part it is just a dead card.  Dead cards kind of suck, but they aren't rage inducing.  Or at least not for most people.
You play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it.

Meanwhile, your opponents just wait.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: March 25, 2014, 12:59:08 pm »

Lost Colony
$3 - Victory

Worth 1 VP per copy of lost Colony in the Deck of the player to your right

Lost Colony
$11 - Victory

Worth — wait, I just had it… maybe it's over here?

I played a game of Dominion recently with someone who managed to at least three times not gain the card he was buying. He was playing a super small engine, so it became really obvious, since he'd do things like gain a gold, then next turn stare at his hand (containing his entire deck) and then wonder where his Gold was. He ended the game with no Provinces but was fairly sure he'd bought at least two (and no there wasn't things like Saboteur).

How do you manage that?  Was this online maybe?  Then it could have been misclicks.

No, it wasn't online. Online it'd just be misclicks and really obvious. It was in real life, and he just added his stuff up, said what he was buying, then forgot to gain a copy of it. He was pretty tired during the game (unsurprisingly).
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: March 25, 2014, 02:46:41 pm »
+3

Huh. Too late. I must remember next time, don't hesitate to think about whether the whole world knows about this game, just post it.

You missed some stuff though.
Two should have this extra line:
At the start of the game, each player gains two Twos.
The total number of Twos, Fours, Eights, Sixteens, Thirtytwos, Sixtyfours, Onehundersandtwentyeights, Twohundredandfiftysixes, Fivehunderedandtwelves, Onethousandandtwentyfours and Twothousandandfourtyeights may not exceed 16.

Btw, you missed 512. 256+256=512, and 512+512=1024.

One more thing to note: the *s on the cards do not prevent you from buying them, only if you say so on the card

I thought about adding more rules to start with Twos and such, but that would be excessive, don't you think?  Anyway, you would also have to gain a Two or a Four after every shuffle, not just at the very start of the game.

I didn't miss 512.  Go back and check!  I didn't just edit it in, that line is lying!  *shifty eyes*

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: March 25, 2014, 04:55:51 pm »

You play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it. Then you play it.

Meanwhile, your opponents just wait.

Oh.  It's supposed to induce rage in your opponent.
Well you *do* need a signature...

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: March 25, 2014, 04:58:13 pm »
+3

Rage-Quit Inducer V2
$7P
Action
Each player passes their hand to the left.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

dominator 123

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: dominator 123
  • Notice the space
  • Respect: +369
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: March 26, 2014, 05:56:26 am »
+5

Online only card:

Counterfeit $3 Treasure
Worth $3
When you play this, each other player thinks that you've played a gold.
--------------------------------
In games using this, whenever someone plays a gold, you may suspect counterfeit. If you do, and the Gold was actually a counterfeit, he must trash Counterfeit and -2VP, and the counterfeit is worth $0 instead. Otherwise, you gain a curse.
"Strictly Better" compares only effects and not cost, change my mind

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +906
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: March 26, 2014, 07:50:55 am »
+12

Online only card:

Counterfeit $3 Treasure
Worth $3
When you play this, each other player thinks that you've played a gold.
--------------------------------
In games using this, whenever someone plays a gold, you may suspect counterfeit. If you do, and the Gold was actually a counterfeit, he must trash Counterfeit and -2VP, and the counterfeit is worth $0 instead. Otherwise, you gain a curse.

But that name is already taken, so it has to be called something else. How about Fool's Go... Eh, nevermind!

dominator 123

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: dominator 123
  • Notice the space
  • Respect: +369
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: March 26, 2014, 10:01:21 am »

Huh. Too late. I must remember next time, don't hesitate to think about whether the whole world knows about this game, just post it.

The total number of Twos, Fours, Eights, Sixteens, Thirtytwos, Sixtyfours, Onehundersandtwentyeights, Twohundredandfiftysixes, Fivehunderedandtwelves, Onethousandandtwentyfours and Twothousandandfourtyeights may not exceed 16.

One more thing to note: the *s on the cards do not prevent you from buying them, only if you say so on the card

I thought about adding more rules to start with Twos and such, but that would be excessive, don't you think?  Anyway, you would also have to gain a Two or a Four after every shuffle, not just at the very start of the game.

I didn't miss 512.  Go back and check!  I didn't just edit it in, that line is lying!  *shifty eyes*

Yes you edited the 512 in. I saw it through previous quotes of your post.
And I disagree about the part which you said gain a Two every shuffle. It should be whenever you play one of those cards. (In 2048, a 2 (or 4) appears when you make a move, not when you make a random number of moves.) The reason I didn't bring that up was because I was going to post it, but was slower than you, and was going to put gain a 2 after you play a 2048 card.

And with the new update, shall we add cards 4096, 8192, 16384, 32768 and 65536?
"Strictly Better" compares only effects and not cost, change my mind

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: March 26, 2014, 11:45:44 am »

Yes you edited the 512 in. I saw it through previous quotes of your post.
And I disagree about the part which you said gain a Two every shuffle. It should be whenever you play one of those cards. (In 2048, a 2 (or 4) appears when you make a move, not when you make a random number of moves.) The reason I didn't bring that up was because I was going to post it, but was slower than you, and was going to put gain a 2 after you play a 2048 card.

And with the new update, shall we add cards 4096, 8192, 16384, 32768 and 65536?

OK, you caught me. Was it the shifty eyes that gave it away? Or the line that explicitly states when it was edited? I told you to ignore that line!

It should be every shuffle. In 2048, a new number pops up with every move. A move is a chance to match up the numbers already on the board. In Dominion, you have one chance to line up each number every shuffle. If you only gain new Twos and Fours when you play one of the cards, then you can chat the system by only playing them when you have a match. You'd never be in danger of having more than 16.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 11:47:15 am by eHalcyon »

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: March 26, 2014, 11:59:23 am »
+8

My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: March 26, 2014, 08:31:54 pm »
+2

Online only card:

Lemming, Action, 1$
+1 Card
+1 Action
----
Worth 1VP if you have the most Lemmings in your deck of all players.
(The Lemming pile has infinite cards)

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: March 26, 2014, 08:41:35 pm »

Online only card:

Lemming, Action, 1$
+1 Card
+1 Action
----
Worth 1VP if you have the most Lemmings in your deck of all players.
(The Lemming pile has infinite cards)

Reaction:
When another player plays a Lemming, you may either put this card in play from your hand and draw a card or you may trash this card from your hand.  Whenever you trash this card by any means, each player trashes all Lemmings they have in play.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 08:44:08 pm by Minotaur »

Nik

• Baron
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: March 26, 2014, 08:51:52 pm »
+3

EvenWorseThenScout-Action-$3
Look at the top 4 cards of your deck.
-----
EvenWorseThanPearlDiver-Action-$1
Look at the bottom card of your deck.
-----
EvenWorseThanSecretChamber-Action-Reaction-$1
Discard any number of cards.
When another player plays an Attack card you may reveal this from your hand.
-----
EvenWorseThanChancellor-Action-$2
+$0. You may put your deck on top of your deck.
-----
EvenWorseThanTransmute-Action-$0
Trash a card from your hand.
-----
EvenWorseThanPoorHouse-Action-$0
+$Infinity. This can't cause you to get any money.
-----
EvenWorseThanCoppersmith-Action-$3
All Coppers produce $1 this turn.
-----
EvenWorseThanShantyTown-Action-$2
Reveal your hand.
-----
EvenWorseThanWishingWell-Action-$2
Name a card.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: March 26, 2014, 09:00:50 pm »
+2

EvenWorseThenScout-Action-$3
Look at the top 4 cards of your deck.
-----
EvenWorseThanPearlDiver-Action-$1
Look at the bottom card of your deck.
-----
EvenWorseThanSecretChamber-Action-Reaction-$1
Discard any number of cards.
When another player plays an Attack card you may reveal this from your hand.
-----
EvenWorseThanChancellor-Action-$2
+$0. You may put your deck on top of your deck.
-----
-----
EvenWorseThanPoorHouse-Action-$0
+$Infinity. This can't cause you to get any money.
-----
EvenWorseThanCoppersmith-Action-$3
All Coppers produce $1 this turn.
-----
EvenWorseThanShantyTown-Action-$2
Reveal your hand.
-----
EvenWorseThanWishingWell-Action-$2
Name a card.

Sir EvenWorseThanThief-Action-Attack-$3 (can put one copy of this in the Knight pile)
Each other player discards the top two cards of their deck.

Ruined Pawn-Action-$1
Choose one: +1 card, +1 action, +1 buy, +$1
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:17:10 pm by Minotaur »

Gherald

• Minion
  • Awe: +35
  • Respect: +1399
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: March 26, 2014, 09:19:34 pm »
+5

This is not strictly worse than transmute.  And at $0 it's easily better value.
My opponent has more loot than me

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: March 26, 2014, 09:33:10 pm »
+3

Trash a card from your hand.  Gain a Transmute.

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1207
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: March 26, 2014, 10:13:52 pm »

When this is in the Supply, when you trash a card, gain a Transmute.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: March 26, 2014, 10:19:11 pm »
+3

When this is in the Supply, when you trash a card, gain a Transmute.

When this is in the Supply, when you trash a card, gain a Transmute from the Transmute pile

Set up: In games using this, add an extra pile of 50 Transmutes.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 282  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.