Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1849192 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #1475 on: July 22, 2013, 09:44:04 am »

Fool's Silver, Treasure/Reaction, $1
If this is the first time you played a Fool's Silver this turn, this is worth $0. Otherwise, this is worth $3.
---
When another player gains a Duchy, you may trash this from your hand. If you do, gain a Silver, putting it on your deck.

Fool's Copper, Treasure/Reaction, $0
If this is the first time you played a Fool's Copper this turn, this is worth $0. Otherwise, this is worth $1.5.
---
When another player gains a Estate, you may trash this from your hand. If you do, gain a Copper, putting it on your deck.

Fool's Contraband, Treasure/Reaction, $1
The player to your left names a card. You may not buy that card this turn.
If this is the first time you played a Fool's Contraband this turn, this is worth $1. Otherwise, this is worth $4.
---
When another player gains a Fairgrounds, you may trash this from your hand. If you do, gain a Contraband, putting it on your deck.

Fool's Militia, Action/Reaction, $2
If this is the first time you played a Fool's Militia this turn, +$0. Otherwise, +$2, each other player with four or more cards in hand discards a card from their hand.
---
When another player gains a Moat, you may trash this from your hand. If you do, gain a Militia, putting it on your deck.

Fool's Minion, Action/Reaction, $2
Choose one: If this is the first time you played a Fool's Minion this turn, +$1, otherwise, +$3; or, discard your hand, and if this is the first time you played a Fool's Minion this turn, draw four cards and each other player draws four cards, otherwise, draw five cards and each other player discards their hand and draws four cards.
---
When another player plays a Fool's Torturer, you may discard two cards from your hand. If you don't, gain a Curse, putting it in your hand.

Fool's Village, Action/Reaction, $2
+1 Card, +2 Actions
If this is the first time you played Dominion, gain a Fool's Village, putting it on your deck.
---
When another player gains an Action card that is not a Fool's Village, you may trash this from your hand. If you do, ask them how they will have enough actions to play it, without all of these villages.

Fool's Scout, Action, $4
+1 Action
Reveal the top 4 cards of your deck. Put the revealed Victory cards into your hand. Put the other cards on top of your deck in any order.
---
When another player gains a Colony, you may concede. If you do, buy a Silver next time instead.
You forgot this:

Xzibit's Gold
$4 Treasure - Reaction
When you play this, this is worth $1+$3(n-1) where n is the number of times a Xzibit's Gold has been played this turn.
---
When another player gains a Province, you may trash this from your hand. If you do, gain two Fool's Golds, putting them on your deck in any order.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: July 22, 2013, 08:44:55 pm »
+3

Coin token
$2+ Treasure

Take a Coin token.
---
When you buy this, you may overpay for it.  For each $1 you overpay, choose one:  take a Coin token or gain a Coin token.

Edit: Thanks, liopoil
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 08:50:07 pm by SirPeebles »
Well you *do* need a signature...

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: July 22, 2013, 08:47:03 pm »

Coin token
$2 Treasure

Take a Coin token.
---
When you buy this, you may overpay for it.  For each $1 you overpay, choose one:  take a Coin token or gain a Coin token.

Was going to complain about the on-gain, then noticed which thread I was in.  And that's before I even noticed the card name (after wondering what was going on with the overpay choice).

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: July 22, 2013, 08:49:20 pm »
+1

Coin token
$2 Treasure

Take a Coin token.
---

Was going to complain about the on-gain, then noticed which thread I was in.  And that's before I even noticed the card name (after wondering what was going on with the overpay choice).
what about it costing 2, not 2+?

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: July 22, 2013, 09:01:39 pm »
+20

MINSTREL

+1 Card
+2 Actions

Reveal the top three cards of your deck.
Put the Actions back on top in any
order and discard the rest.

$4                   ACTION                       
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 09:06:32 pm by SirPeebles »

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: July 23, 2013, 10:10:45 am »
+5

MINSTREL

+1 Card
+2 Actions

Reveal the top three cards of your deck.
Put the Actions back on top in any
order and discard the rest.

$4                   ACTION                       

First valid use of the marquee tag in many years.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: July 23, 2013, 02:01:33 pm »
+3

It even works with images, apparently! WHEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +906
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: July 23, 2013, 03:20:58 pm »
+2

Thisisagreatwaytomakespoilershardertoread!Hey,doyouknowthis?WhydidtheSagecrosstheroad?ItwasaCrossroads.WhydidtheSagecrosstheSilkRoad?Bridge.ObBadCardSuggestions:GrandMarqueeBlackMarqueeRuinedMarqueeBlackMarquee(Theirtextsareuptoyou.)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: July 23, 2013, 03:37:47 pm »

This is even harder to read!
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1484 on: July 23, 2013, 04:01:25 pm »

This is even harder to read!
Not really.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5344
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: July 23, 2013, 04:18:50 pm »
+9

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: July 24, 2013, 06:36:10 pm »

Masquerade In Blood
Action - $3
+2 Cards
Each player (including you) reveals a card in their hand and decides whether the player to their left discards the revealed card or trashes it.

And it's not even considered an attack card.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1487 on: July 25, 2013, 05:49:01 am »
+2

Masquerade In Blood
Action - $3
+2 Cards
Each player (including you) reveals a card in their hand and decides whether the player to their left discards the revealed card or trashes it.

"I reveal an Estate and choose that the player to my left trashes this Estate!"

cluckyb

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: July 25, 2013, 12:39:16 pm »

Masquerade In Blood
Action - $3
+2 Cards

"I reveal a Fortress and choose that the player to my left trashes this Fortress"

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: July 26, 2013, 07:51:03 am »

Masquerade In Blood
Action - $3
+2 Cards

Don't you know, players are only able to trash or discard their own cards. I just suck at wording Dominion card. I just didn't want to say "the player to their left" twice in the same sentence.

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #1490 on: July 26, 2013, 08:16:30 am »

"Each player (including you) reveals a card from his hand. The player to his left chooses whether he discards the revealed card or trashes it."

Yes, it has the "The Romans befriended the Gauls, but they slew them" problem. So what, lern 2 context
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1491 on: July 26, 2013, 12:44:56 pm »

Don't you know, players are only able to trash or discard their own cards.
But that's not in the rules, that's only a result of no card actually doing so.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: July 26, 2013, 01:00:42 pm »

"Each player (including you) reveals a card from his hand. The player to his left chooses whether he discards the revealed card or trashes it."

Yes, it has the "The Romans befriended the Gauls, but they slew them" problem. So what, lern 2 context

This doesn't do what the card wants to do (wrong direction) and the context problem can be avoided. A legitimate solutions would be:

"Each player (including you) reveals a card from his hand and either trashes or discards it (the player to his right decides)."
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:01:47 pm by Asper »

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: July 26, 2013, 02:58:27 pm »
+3

AAAND people are arguing over rules in the bad card ideas thread again
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: July 26, 2013, 03:15:31 pm »

This doesn't do what the card wants to do (wrong direction) and the context problem can be avoided. A legitimate solutions would be:

"Each player (including you) reveals a card from his hand and either trashes or discards it (the player to his right decides)."

Why should the card want this direction?  I don't see any obvious gameplay reason to go counter to Contraband, Envoy, and Advisor.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1495 on: July 26, 2013, 03:44:43 pm »
+1

AAAND people are arguing over rules in the bad card ideas thread again
It is a bad idea to argue over the rules, so this thread is the best thread for that.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: July 26, 2013, 04:06:32 pm »

Why should the card want this direction?  I don't see any obvious gameplay reason to go counter to Contraband, Envoy, and Advisor.

No gameplay reasons, i just wanted a complete translation of the original card. Which was pretty nit-picky, if i think about it.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: July 26, 2013, 05:26:54 pm »

That would do the trick. I didn't mean to pick the opposite direction as contraband and such. I'm just used to seeing "left" on the cards

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: July 28, 2013, 10:13:51 pm »
+15

Coppering House
$5 Action

Look through your discard pile, reveal any number of Count cards from it, and put them into your hand.

Mountecopper
$5 Action - Attack

+$2

Each other player may discard a Curse.  If he doesn't, he gains a Curse and a Bank.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 10:16:09 pm by SirPeebles »

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: July 28, 2013, 11:21:53 pm »
+4

Pirate Ghost Merchant Ship
Action-Duration-Attack
Now and at the start of your next turn: +$2, +2 cards, +$1 per coin token on your Pirate Ghost Merchant Ship Mat.

Each other player places cards on his deck until he has 3 cards left in hand.
Each other player reveals the top two cards of his deck, trashes the revealed treasure that you choose, and discards the rest. If any player trashed a treasure card this way, put a coin token on your Pirate Ghost Merchant Ship Mat.

Pirate Guild
Action-Attack
Each other player reveals the top two cards of his deck, trashes the revealed treasure that you choose, and discards the rest. If any treasures were trashed this way, take a coin token.

Merchant Ship Guild
Now and at the start of your next turn: +$2, +1 buy
--
While this is in play, when you buy a card, take a coin token.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 282  All

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.