Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1850223 times)

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #1450 on: July 17, 2013, 11:26:47 pm »

Did I learn about a different Round Table than you all?

hint

Yet another reminder that there are very young people on this forum, and that the movie is still older than some of us in the median age range.  Monty Python and the Holy Grail was released in 1975.  Forty years.

38 years.

You're always noticing twos!
Well you *do* need a signature...

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: July 18, 2013, 12:53:32 am »
+1

Pyramid Scheme, Action, $2
+1 Card
+2 Actions
+3 Buys
+$4
Discard 5 cards.

At the start of clean-up this turn, you may choose up to 6 Action cards you have in play. If you discard it from play this turn, put it on your deck.

FIFY
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: July 18, 2013, 10:14:08 am »

hint

Yet another reminder that there are very young people on this forum, and that the movie is still older than some of us in the median age range.  Monty Python and the Holy Grail was released in 1975.  Forty years.

I'm not one of the young ones, though.  Granted, I hadn't yet been born when it was released, but I'm old enough for it to have been a thing.

I've just literally never seen a Monty Python movie.  It's like when people say they've never seen Star Wars (4-6).
I've never seen Star Wars.

Watch the original Star Wars. And Ashersky, watch Monty Python. It's cultural education. And I just figured most people have seen it, or some part of it.

Fragasnap

• Tactician
  • Respect: +703
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: July 18, 2013, 10:42:50 am »
+1

Sir Robin--$3
Action-Attack-Reaction-Knight

Each other player reveals the top 2 cards of his deck, trashes one of them costing from $1 to $3, and discards the rest. If a Knight is trashed by this, trash this card.
--
If Sir Robin is revealed for any reason, discard it immediately.
Funny things:
If Sir Robin is the only other Action in your deck, a Golem will successfully find Sir Robin twice and will still fail to play him.
If you have only one Treasure in your deck, Adventurer (or no Treasures with Venture-- or no Victory cards\Curses with Fortune Teller\Rebuild-- or...) will reveal your entire deck and eventually be stuck looking at Sir Robin, who is discarded immediately, reshuffled into your deck, revealed, and then discarded again. Forever.

Also Sir Robin can only be killed on a Highway or Bridge. Or in the Black Market if it is harboring a Quarry.
Dominion: Avarice 1.1a, my fan expansion with "in-games-using-this" cards and Edicts (updated Oct 18, 2021)

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: July 18, 2013, 10:52:19 am »

Sir Robin--$3
Action-Attack-Reaction-Knight

Each other player reveals the top 2 cards of his deck, trashes one of them costing from $1 to $3, and discards the rest. If a Knight is trashed by this, trash this card.
--
If Sir Robin is revealed for any reason, discard it immediately.
Funny things:
If Sir Robin is the only other Action in your deck, a Golem will successfully find Sir Robin twice and will still fail to play him.
If you have only one Treasure in your deck, Adventurer (or no Treasures with Venture-- or no Victory cards\Curses with Fortune Teller\Rebuild-- or...) will reveal your entire deck and eventually be stuck looking at Sir Robin, who is discarded immediately, reshuffled into your deck, revealed, and then discarded again. Forever.

Also Sir Robin can only be killed on a Highway or Bridge. Or in the Black Market if it is harboring a Quarry.

If you find Sir Robin in the Black Market, he goes to your discard pile immediately (even if you're Possessed!), and you may still buy one of the other two cards.

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: July 18, 2013, 11:23:08 am »

Why would it fail to play him? (Cf the usual Throne Room / Feast principle.)

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #1456 on: July 18, 2013, 12:12:02 pm »
+2

It would fail to put him in play, allowing Golem to find him again, thus playing him twice.
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: July 18, 2013, 12:30:56 pm »

It would fail to put him in play, allowing Golem to find him again, thus playing him twice.

And he could slay opposing Knights with impunity!  Well this explains why...

He was not in the least bit scared
To be mashed into a pulp.
Or to have his eyes gouged out,
And his elbows broken.
To have his kneecaps split
And his body burned away,
And his limbs all hacked and mangled...

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: July 18, 2013, 04:43:41 pm »

hint

I'm not one of the young ones, though.  Granted, I hadn't yet been born when it was released, but I'm old enough for it to have been a thing.

I've just literally never seen a Monty Python movie.  It's like when people say they've never seen Star Wars (4-6).

Watch the original Star Wars. And Ashersky, watch Monty Python. It's cultural education. And I just figured most people have seen it, or some part of it.

Is Holy Grail the on with the riddle at a bridge (I think) and everyone dying and maybe a favorite color thing?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: July 18, 2013, 04:45:43 pm »

hint

Is Holy Grail the on with the riddle at a bridge (I think) and everyone dying and maybe a favorite color thing?

Yes.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Powerman

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: July 18, 2013, 05:16:08 pm »
+5

Questionable
$2 Action
+1 Card

GeronimoRex

• Navigator
  • Respect: +49
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: July 19, 2013, 12:45:33 pm »
+3

Vengeful Mob ($6)
Victory-Attack
-2 Victory Points
At the end of the game, all losing players grab a handful of Tokens/Coins and hurl them at the winner. Repeat once for each Vengeful Mob in your deck.
-------
Setup: All available Tokens, Coins and spare change are in a pile on the table.

JacquesTheBard

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +249
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: July 19, 2013, 04:55:55 pm »
+1

$6+ Treasure-- "Wait..."

+$2

When you buy this card, you may overpay for it. When you overpay for it, gain one coin token for each $ you overpay.

When you gain this card, return all coin tokens you have to the supply pile.

cluckyb

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: July 19, 2013, 06:14:14 pm »

$6+ Treasure-- "Wait..."

+$2

When you buy this card, you may overpay for it. When you overpay for it, gain one coin token for each $ you overpay.

When you gain this card, return all coin tokens you have to the supply pile.

play six of these with a black market then remodel everything into provinces!

Ambassador it to nuke the other guys coin pile!

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: July 19, 2013, 06:16:38 pm »

"Wait..."/HoP megaturn, sounds good.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2110
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: July 19, 2013, 08:35:20 pm »

Arbitrary spoils time!

Moneyspoiler - $4
Trash a copper. If you do, gain a Spoils in hand

Horse Trading Post - $4
+1 Buy
Discard 2 cards. If you do, gain a Spoils in hand.

Mandarin? - $5
Gain a Spoils in hand. Put a card from your hand on top of your deck.

Merchant Ship? - $5
+$2
Gain a Spoils, putting it on top of your deck

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: July 19, 2013, 08:39:40 pm »

those are all strictly better than the original except merchant ship, because you don't have to play the spoils.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2144
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: July 19, 2013, 08:47:41 pm »
+2

those are all strictly better than the original except merchant ship, because you don't have to play the spoils.
They are worse in draw-to-X engines.  Also, if the Spoils run out.  Also, Horse Trading Post is missing the reaction and Mandarin is missing the on-gain.  Also, this is the really bad card ideas thread.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: July 19, 2013, 08:48:35 pm »

They are worse in draw-to-X engines.  Also, if the Spoils run out.  Also, Horse Trading Post is missing the reaction and Mandarin is missing the on-gain.  Also, this is the really bad card ideas thread.
okay, you got me :P

JacquesTheBard

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +249
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: July 19, 2013, 10:34:41 pm »
+1

Big post here.

$3 Spineless Ambassador. Action. The player to your left selects a card in your hand. He chooses up to two copies of it, which you return to the supply. Every player other than you gains a copy.

$4 Conspiracy Theorist. Action. +1 card, +1 action. If your opponent played 3 or more actions on his previous turn, $2.

$5 Deluded Redecorator. Action-Attack. Look at the top cards of your opponent’s deck until you find one costing $3 or more. Trash that card. Your opponent gains a card costing up to $3 more that you choose.

$15 Versailles. Action-Victory. 3 victory points. +1 card, +1 action. When you play this card, choose 1: +3 cards, or +2 actions. This card costs 2 less for every copy of Great Hall in play, and 3 less for every copy of Nobles you have in play.

$6 Anti-Fun Brigade. Action-Duration-Attack. While this card is in play, opponents begin the turn with 1 less action and 1 less buy.

$4 A Little Red-tape. Action-Attack. +$2. Each player reveals a hand with no victory cards or places a victory card from their hand on top of their deck.

$2 Chapel of the Daleks. Action. Trash 4 cards from your hand while chanting “Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate!”

$5 MINE! Action. Trash a treasure card from your hand. Gain all treasure costing up to 3 more in hand. Throw tantrum because you have finite buys and can’t gain from the trash. Storm out of the room in a huff.

$3 Sliver. Treasure. $2, +1 buy.

When the Sliver pile is emptied, every player looks through his deck, trashes his silvers, gains a number of golds equal to the number of slivers trashed, and shuffles.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 10:39:17 pm by JacquesTheBard »

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: July 20, 2013, 02:32:15 am »

Big post here.

$3 Spineless Ambassador. Action. The player to your left selects a card in your hand. He chooses up to two copies of it, which you return to the supply. Every player other than you gains a copy.

$4 Conspiracy Theorist. Action. +1 card, +1 action. If your opponent played 3 or more actions on his previous turn, $2.

$5 Deluded Redecorator. Action-Attack. Look at the top cards of your opponent’s deck until you find one costing $3 or more. Trash that card. Your opponent gains a card costing up to $3 more that you choose.

$15 Versailles. Action-Victory. 3 victory points. +1 card, +1 action. When you play this card, choose 1: +3 cards, or +2 actions. This card costs 2 less for every copy of Great Hall in play, and 3 less for every copy of Nobles you have in play.

$6 Anti-Fun Brigade. Action-Duration-Attack. While this card is in play, opponents begin the turn with 1 less action and 1 less buy.

$4 A Little Red-tape. Action-Attack. +$2. Each player reveals a hand with no victory cards or places a victory card from their hand on top of their deck.

$2 Chapel of the Daleks. Action. Trash 4 cards from your hand while chanting “Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate!”

$5 MINE! Action. Trash a treasure card from your hand. Gain all treasure costing up to 3 more in hand. Throw tantrum because you have finite buys and can’t gain from the trash. Storm out of the room in a huff.

When the Sliver pile is emptied, every player looks through his deck, trashes his silvers, gains a number of golds equal to the number of slivers trashed, and shuffles.

Whew, had to take a breather at the end there.

(It's not so big for f.ds, don't worry)

Anti-Fun Brigade looks very aptly named in games without Fishing Village or Wharf.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: July 20, 2013, 09:17:15 am »

Big post here.

I like the general idea of Conspiracy Theorist. Rewarding you for other players mega turns - why not? Would have to say "the player to your right" on this one, though.

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #1472 on: July 21, 2013, 11:23:23 am »

Horse Trading Post isn't strictly better than Horse Traders because Horse Traders doesn't have an "if you do" clause. Deluded Redecorator would actually be both the strongest trashing attack in the game, and the strongest Curser: $0 is "up to $3 more than" any other cost.

achmed_sender

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: achmedsender
  • Respect: +202
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: July 21, 2013, 11:22:02 pm »
+8

For all the Harry Potter fans out there:

Marauder's Map - Action
$4
If you play this while having another Marauders Map in hand: Trash both and topdeck 4 Spoils. Each opponent gains 4 ruins

-----------
If your name is Severus Snape, this card has no effect.

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #1474 on: July 22, 2013, 04:30:25 am »
+6

Fool's Silver, Treasure/Reaction, $1
If this is the first time you played a Fool's Silver this turn, this is worth $0. Otherwise, this is worth $3.
---
When another player gains a Duchy, you may trash this from your hand. If you do, gain a Silver, putting it on your deck.

Fool's Copper, Treasure/Reaction, $0
If this is the first time you played a Fool's Copper this turn, this is worth $0. Otherwise, this is worth $1.5.
---
When another player gains a Estate, you may trash this from your hand. If you do, gain a Copper, putting it on your deck.

Fool's Contraband, Treasure/Reaction, $1
The player to your left names a card. You may not buy that card this turn.
If this is the first time you played a Fool's Contraband this turn, this is worth $1. Otherwise, this is worth $4.
---
When another player gains a Fairgrounds, you may trash this from your hand. If you do, gain a Contraband, putting it on your deck.

Fool's Militia, Action/Reaction, $2
If this is the first time you played a Fool's Militia this turn, +$0. Otherwise, +$2, each other player with four or more cards in hand discards a card from their hand.
---
When another player gains a Moat, you may trash this from your hand. If you do, gain a Militia, putting it on your deck.

Fool's Minion, Action/Reaction, $2
Choose one: If this is the first time you played a Fool's Minion this turn, +$1, otherwise, +$3; or, discard your hand, and if this is the first time you played a Fool's Minion this turn, draw four cards and each other player draws four cards, otherwise, draw five cards and each other player discards their hand and draws four cards.
---
When another player plays a Fool's Torturer, you may discard two cards from your hand. If you don't, gain a Curse, putting it in your hand.

Fool's Village, Action/Reaction, $2
+1 Card, +2 Actions
If this is the first time you played Dominion, gain a Fool's Village, putting it on your deck.
---
When another player gains an Action card that is not a Fool's Village, you may trash this from your hand. If you do, ask them how they will have enough actions to play it, without all of these villages.

Fool's Scout, Action, $4
+1 Action
Reveal the top 4 cards of your deck. Put the revealed Victory cards into your hand. Put the other cards on top of your deck in any order.
---
When another player gains a Colony, you may concede. If you do, buy a Silver next time instead.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 282  All

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 21 queries.