Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1863867 times)

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3961
    • View Profile
Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #4425 on: May 25, 2016, 05:19:31 pm »

TARDIS
Landmark

Your Action phase is a Buy phase, and your Buy phase is an Action phase.  You do not get an extra Buy or Action at the start of either phase, but you may Buy cards at the end of both Action-Buy phases.  Additional Action phases granted by Villa are also Action-Buy phases.

That's horrible.

It's awesome that you can play all your Treasures before playing Library now.  It's Crown that's horrible.

I assume you will follow my lead and have a personal text that says "Crown is overrated"?

How does that work?  Would they recall Empires and print it again?  Or would I get a "cool story bro" response?

Go to forum profile settings, where you can change your avatar and birthdate and where you put your Goko/Isotropic username, and add to the personal text box: "Crown is overrated". Alternatively, you could simply say "Whining about Crown is overrated" or "Seprix is overrated" or something humorous.

Oh, I thought you were telling me to take it up with Donald, like that would do anything.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: May 25, 2016, 05:33:54 pm »

Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam.

That's the best thing I've read this week. Even if I don't agree.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: May 25, 2016, 06:59:23 pm »

How about "Crown is more skippable than people think"?

Not with TARDIS on the board.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: May 25, 2016, 11:05:47 pm »
+1

Neither Storyteller nor Crown need a fix.

My probation worker told me to not comment on this one. Am i a valuable element of society already?

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: May 26, 2016, 03:55:39 pm »

Temporum promo
Action - Duration - $5
Now and at the start of your previous turn, +$2

Cards gained on your prior turn are set aside on your Paradox Mat, overriding all other redirection effects.  If you fail to play this card on the turn that you play it, return the contents of your Paradox Mat to the Supply and take -3 VP immediately after your turn but before the game ends.  Otherwise, empty your Paradox Mat into your discard pile (they are not discarded, e.g. Tunnel).

If the game ends before the turn when you play this, take an extra turn, which is the turn in which you play this.  During this turn, all cards trashed go into the owner's discard pile, all cards gained are immediately returned to the Supply, and Masquerade only does "+2 Cards".  If returning your Paradox Mat to the Supply causes the end-of-game conditions to no longer be satisfied, the game resumes as if it had not ended.

/ITried

I'm still disappointed that there isn't a full-fledged discussion about Dominion: Timepunk yet.  I think the previous-turn Duration cards can be handled in some way, and they should have their own type, Timepunk.

Cards played "last turn" have Row 1, Unresolved cards are sideways in Row 2, and Resolved cards actually played this turn are vertically placed in Row 2.

Master of Time
Action-Timepunk
Cost: $7

+1 Action
Now and at the start of your previous turn: +2 Cards.*
You will play this card again next turn.**
(You may Resolve a copy of this card. ***)

* - You may bring this card into play from the Supply at the start of your Action phase.  If you do, +2 Cards (i.e., whatever's between the colon and *).  You do not need to have Actions to do this.  This card becomes Unresolved at the start of your next turn.  (If you are not told that you will play this card next turn, return it to the Supply when you Resolve it.)
** - At the end of your turn, if this card was in play, was not Unresolved, and the game is not over: this card stays in play and becomes Unresolved at the start of your next turn.  Whenever this card becomes Unresolved, +2 Cards.  (Whether you played it this turn or "next turn")
*** - (All Timepunk cards have this effect.)  If you would gain, trash, or return cards to the Supply during your turn while you have Unresolved cards in play and the game has not ended: Those gained/trashed/returned cards instead go underneath the most recent Unresolved card and are marked by a gain/trash/return token, overriding all redirection effects except for (****).  If you have a card in play Unresolved at the end of your turn, return that card to the Supply and -3 VP.  Cards underneath with the "gain" token return to the supply, and those with the "trash" or "return to supply" token go to your discard pile.
**** - When you Resolve a card, move the cards underneath it so that they are now underneath an older Unresolved card.  If you do not, move those cards to the trash/gain them/return them to the Supply, according to their token, overriding all relocation effects.  This effect has supreme priority.
***** - When the game ends: each player who has Unresolved cards in play continues to take their turn as usual, ignoring all "on your previous turn" and "you will play this on your next turn" effects.  All cards gained during this turn are trashed immediately, overriding all redirection effects except for (****), and all cards which are trashed or returned to the supply instead go to your discard pile, overriding all redirection effects except for (****).

My head hurts like I'm trying to learn programming.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 04:02:36 pm by Minotaur »

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: May 26, 2016, 04:04:38 pm »

I forgot to codify rules that un-end the game if you "end the game" on unresolved paradoxes which later fail to resolve.  I'll have to work on that later maybe.

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lost Phoenix
  • Your resident lurker
  • Respect: +325
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: May 26, 2016, 04:09:34 pm »
+1

Loyal Blacksmith - Action - 6

+3 Cards
Reveal your hand. Trash the coppers.

Underground Market - Action - $7

+2 Cards
+1 Action
+$1
+1 Buy

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: May 26, 2016, 04:12:20 pm »
+9

Will Smith
<6>
Action-Duration

At the start of your next turn, +3 Cards
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 05:07:47 pm by Minotaur »

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1207
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: May 26, 2016, 06:39:09 pm »
+1

Flea Market Action $8

+2 Cards
+1 Action
+1 Buy
+
--------------------------
You may not buy this unless you played 8 Coppers at the start of your Buy Phase.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 06:46:40 pm by Marcory »

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: May 26, 2016, 08:31:25 pm »

Willsmith
Action-Reserve
<8>

Put this card on your Tavern mat.
--------------------
When you trash a card, you may Call this.  If you do, gain the trashed card from the Trash.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: May 27, 2016, 07:55:27 pm »

For the record, how much should Will Smith cost if it were a real card?  I started at <4> and quickly bumped it up to <6>, but I don't have any experience with these cards.  The general rule seems to be that they need to cost a lot, so maybe as much as <8>?

I don't even know whether it's "better" or "worse" than Smithy.  Sure, it does less things this turn, but next turn it's amazing, and on your next turn, it becomes a lot easier to line up Villages with terminals.  It might even be worth $5, if it weren't a Debt card.

Anyway, not really looking for "haha, RBCI, we never balance things!"  But here's another RBCI, sort of unlikely to be useful unless there's some reason you want a massive migration between two different Debt cards mid-game for some reason:

Hatchet Man
Action
Cost: $2

Trash a card from your hand.
If it has a Coin cost:  Return twice its coin cost in Debt tokens.
If it has a Debt cost:  Return its cost in Debt tokens.
If you have no Debt, take a Coin token.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 07:58:24 pm by Minotaur »

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: May 28, 2016, 06:47:26 pm »

For the record, how much should Will Smith cost if it were a real card?  I started at <4> and quickly bumped it up to <6>, but I don't have any experience with these cards.  The general rule seems to be that they need to cost a lot, so maybe as much as <8>?
It doesn't let you draw 3 cards on this turn, right? Then, it should cost 4 or <5>. Usually weaker than Haunted Woods.

Eran of Arcadia

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +514
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: May 28, 2016, 11:07:59 pm »
+2

may have already been done, but:

Walled Market - $3

+ 1 Action
+ 1 Card
+ 1 Buy

At the start of Clean-up, if you have purchased 1 or fewer cards this turn, you may put this on top of your deck.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

When you buy this, trash all cards you have in play that cost more than it.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: May 29, 2016, 01:52:03 am »

Walled Market - $3

+ 1 Action
+ 1 Card
+ 1 Buy

At the start of Clean-up, if you have purchased 1 or fewer cards this turn, you may put this on top of your deck.

I'm certain that it has come up before (minus the when-buy) but possibly not in this thread.  I don't think it's a bad idea.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: May 29, 2016, 12:06:01 pm »
+5

Walled Scout
Action/Ruins
Cost: $0

+1 Action
Reveal the top four cards of your deck.  Put the Victory cards in your hand, and put the rest back in any order.  If you did not reveal any Victory cards, put this card on top of your deck.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4440 on: May 29, 2016, 12:47:23 pm »

Walled Wishing Well
Action
Cost: $4*

+1 Card
+1 Action
Name a card.  Reveal the top card of your deck.  If it is the named card, put it in your hand.  Otherwise, discard it and put this card on top of your deck.
-------------------------------
* The player to your left may punch you when you gain this.

Walled Advisor
Action/Ruins

+1 Action
Reveal the top three cards of your deck.  The opponent to your left chooses one for you to discard.  The opponent to your left may choose one more for you to discard.  If they do, this card goes on top of your deck.  Put any remaining revealed cards into your hand.

Wall
Reaction/Ruins

Discard a card.  Put this on top of your deck.
-----------------------
When another player plays an Attack card, you may discard this card.  If you do, the Attack does not affect you.

Sir Wally
Action/Attack/Knight
Cost: $5

Do Knight stuff.  If nothing gets trashed, put this card on top of your deck.

Walled Tunnel
Reaction/Victory
Cost: $4

2 VP
--------------
When you discard this outside of your Clean-up phase, you may discard it.  If you do, gain a Gold.
If you would discard this during your Clean-up phase, you may reveal it.  If you do, put it on top of your deck.

Walled Treasure Map
Action
Cost: $3

Trash this and another (Walled or not) Treasure Map from your hand, or reveal a hand with no (Walled or not) Treasure Maps.  If the former, gain two Gold, putting them on top of your deck.  If the latter, put this card on top of your deck.

Walled Chancellor
Action

+$2
You may put your deck in your discard pile.  If you do not, put this card on top of your deck.

Eran of Arcadia

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +514
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: May 29, 2016, 02:10:50 pm »

Walled Market - $3

+ 1 Action
+ 1 Card
+ 1 Buy

I'm certain that it has come up before (minus the when-buy) but possibly not in this thread.  I don't think it's a bad idea.

I mean, the + buy makes it a market; and the "at clean-up" part makes it walled, but it's the when-buy that makes it truly a walled market.

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1207
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: May 29, 2016, 02:11:31 pm »
+2

Walled Rats Action $4

+1 Card
+1 Action
Gain a Walled Rats.
Trash a card from your hand that is not a Rats or Walled Rats or reveal a hand consisting only of Rats and Walled Rats.
---------------
When this is in play, during cleanup, reveal your hand. Put the Rats and Walled Rats from your hand and in play on top of your deck.

When you trash this, +1 Action.

Setup: the Walled Rats pile never depletes; if you run out of Walled Rats, substitute blank cards for Walled Rats.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:13:25 pm by Marcory »

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: May 31, 2016, 04:12:57 am »
+2

Walled Chapel
Action

Trash up to 4 cards from your hand.  If you trashed no cards, trash this.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 09:41:24 am by Minotaur »

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: May 31, 2016, 11:24:51 am »
+3

Walled Bomb
Cost: G
Put a card from your hand and this on top of your deck.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: May 31, 2016, 05:26:22 pm »

Here are a few for inspiration:
Wall-eyed Village
Wallet Village
Welled Village
Walt's Village (Disneyland)

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1797
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: May 31, 2016, 05:37:07 pm »

Defend - 5$ Event
Move your Wall token to an Action Supply pile. During your Clean-up phase, you may reveal any cards from that pile from your hand to to put them on top of your deck.

...problem solved.

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1609
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: May 31, 2016, 05:39:27 pm »
+1

Walled Nomad Camp
Action - $5
+$2
+1 Buy
----------
When you gain or discard this, put it on your deck.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1797
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: May 31, 2016, 05:42:27 pm »
+3

Walled Nomad Camp
Action - $5
+$2
+1 Buy
----------

I think I have a new favourite 5$ to dish out with Swindler.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2146
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: May 31, 2016, 05:58:26 pm »
+1

Walled Nomad Camp
Action - $5
+$2
+1 Buy
----------

I think I have a new favourite 5$ to dish out with Swindler.

The best part is, if you hit it with Swindler, it just goes back on top of their deck, along with the new one.  You can keep Swindling it as many times as you like to put a big stack of Walled Nomad Camps on top of their deck.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 282  All

Page created in 2.176 seconds with 20 queries.