Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1849456 times)

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3960
    • View Profile
Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #2775 on: June 25, 2014, 12:46:47 am »

Reposession
Cost $6P
Action
Each other player reveals their discard pile and trashes a card that you choose. Gain the trashed cards.

PS: Iron Island and Shmaven could actually be halfway decent cards.

Maybe.  Iron Island might benefit from number changes... one-shot cards are tricky.

Schmaven was supposed to be the opposite of Haven, but it's really kind of the same thing, only better because the benefit is front-loaded and you get to topdeck a card - in addition to moving a card from one hand to the other with the added benefit of seeing not only the hand you steal from, but also the hand that gains the card.  It was actually kind of amazing how complicated it was to make it do the same thing as Haven, but backward.  In the end, I figured that a big free snooping opportunity and a topdecking accomplished this about as well as I was going to manage it.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 06:59:32 am by Minotaur »
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: June 25, 2014, 06:55:17 am »
+1

-Entrepôt obscur-
4€, action, réaction
+3 cartes, +1 action. Défaussez 3 cartes.
---
Lorsque cette carte est écartée, placez-la sur votre deck et recevez une carte action coûtant jusqu'à 1€ de plus.
---
Lorsque quelqu'un parle anglais ou fait allusion à la surpuissance de cette carte, vous pouvez dévoiler cette carte de votre main. Dans ce cas, il dévoile sa main et défausse une carte de votre choix.
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #2777 on: June 25, 2014, 12:27:36 pm »
+3

Half-Blood Prince
Action-Duration
You may set this aside. If you do, set aside an Action card from your hand. Now and at the start of your next turn, play that action.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2778 on: June 26, 2014, 10:00:38 am »
+1

Jack of all decks - Action - Deck$
Gain a deck. Look at the top deck of your deck. Topdeck it or undeck it. You may deck a deck from your deck that's not a deck.
Jack of all trades - Action - trade$
Gain a trade. Look at the top trade of your trade. Toptrade it or untrade it. You may trade a trade from your trade that's not a trade.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: June 26, 2014, 03:58:12 pm »

Gain a deck. Look at the top deck of your deck. Topdeck it or undeck it. You may deck a deck from your deck that's not a deck.
Gain a trade. Look at the top trade of your trade. Toptrade it or untrade it. You may trade a trade from your trade that's not a trade.

This makes no sense. You can trade a trade, but only if it isn't a trade? But it has to be a trade!

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: June 26, 2014, 04:02:04 pm »
+1

Jack of all Hodors

Gain a Hodor.  Look at the top of your Hodor.  Tophodor or unhodor it.  You may Hodor a Hodor from your Hodor that's not a Hodor.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: June 26, 2014, 04:02:36 pm »

That's bound to cause a bit of confusion.  Why don't we call you Bruce just to clear things up?

Bruce of all Bruces - Action - Bruce$
Gain a Bruce.  Look at the top Bruce of your Bruce.  TopBruce it or unBruce it.  You may Bruce a Bruce from your Bruce that's not a Bruce.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 04:07:52 pm by Witherweaver »

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: June 26, 2014, 04:03:27 pm »
+5

Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor

Hodor Hodor Hodor.  Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor.  Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor. Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor.

Fixed that for you

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: June 26, 2014, 04:05:35 pm »
+1

Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor

Hodor Hodor Hodor.  Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor.  Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor. Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor.

Fixed that for you

You stinker, I was going to do that.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: June 26, 2014, 04:08:51 pm »
+1

Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor

Fixed that for you

you could still do jack of all butts, that could be worth some respect

oh, wait :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 04:20:51 pm by silverspawn »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2785 on: June 26, 2014, 04:22:39 pm »
+3

Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor

Fixed that for you

you could still do jack of all butts, that could be worth some respect

oh, wait :)
Jack of all butts - Action - butt$
Gain a butt. Look at the top butt of your butt. Topbutt it or unbutt it. You may butt a butt from your butt that's not a butt.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: June 26, 2014, 06:20:42 pm »

My brain. It hurts.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: June 26, 2014, 06:23:21 pm »
+2

My brain. It hurts.
"Brain"? good one!

Jack of all Brains - Action - Brain$

Gain a brain. Look at the top brain of your brain. Remember it or forget it. You may block out a brain from your brain that is not a brain.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: June 26, 2014, 07:09:22 pm »
+1

"Brain"? good one!

Jack of all "Brain"? good one!s - Action - "Brain"? good one!$
Gain a "Brain"? good one!. Look at the top "Brain"? good one! of your "Brain"? good one!. Remember it or forget it. You may block out a "Brain"? good one! from your "Brain"? good one! that is not a "Brain"? good one!.

too much?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: June 26, 2014, 07:13:35 pm »
+6

Jack of all "Brain"? good one!s - Action - "Brain"? good one!$
Gain a "Brain"? good one!. Look at the top "Brain"? good one! of your "Brain"? good one!. Remember it or forget it. You may block out a "Brain"? good one! from your "Brain"? good one! that is not a "Brain"? good one!.

Jack of all Jack of all "Brain"? good one!s - Action - "Brain"? good one!$ Gain a "Brain"? good one!. Look at the top "Brain"? good one! of your "Brain"? good one!. Remember it or forget it. You may block out a "Brain"? good one! from your "Brain"? good one! that is not a "Brain"? good one!.s - action - Jack of all "Brain"? good one!s - Action - "Brain"? good one!$ Gain a "Brain"? good one!. Look at the top "Brain"? good one! of your "Brain"? good one!. Remember it or forget it. You may block out a "Brain"? good one! from your "Brain"? good one! that is not a "Brain"? good one!.$

Gain a Jack of all "Brain"? good one!s - Action - "Brain"? good one!$ Gain a "Brain"? good one!. Look at the top "Brain"? good one! of your "Brain"? good one!. Remember it or forget it. You may block out a "Brain"? good one! from your "Brain"? good one! that is not a "Brain"? good one!.. Look at the top Jack of all "Brain"? good one!s - Action - "Brain"? good one!$ Gain a "Brain"? good one!. Look at the top "Brain"? good one! of your "Brain"? good one!. Remember it or forget it. You may block out a "Brain"? good one! from your "Brain"? good one! that is not a "Brain"? good one!. of your Jack of all "Brain"? good one!s - Action - "Brain"? good one!$ Gain a "Brain"? good one!. Look at the top "Brain"? good one! of your "Brain"? good one!. Remember it or forget it. You may block out a "Brain"? good one! from your "Brain"? good one! that is not a "Brain"? good one!.. Remember it or forget it. You may block out a Jack of all "Brain"? good one!s - Action - "Brain"? good one!$ Gain a "Brain"? good one!. Look at the top "Brain"? good one! of your "Brain"? good one!. Remember it or forget it. You may block out a "Brain"? good one! from your "Brain"? good one! that is not a "Brain"? good one!. from your Jack of all "Brain"? good one!s - Action - "Brain"? good one!$ Gain a "Brain"? good one!. Look at the top "Brain"? good one! of your "Brain"? good one!. Remember it or forget it. You may block out a "Brain"? good one! from your "Brain"? good one! that is not a "Brain"? good one!. that is not a Jack of all "Brain"? good one!s - Action - "Brain"? good one!$ Gain a "Brain"? good one!. Look at the top "Brain"? good one! of your "Brain"? good one!. Remember it or forget it. You may block out a "Brain"? good one! from your "Brain"? good one! that is not a "Brain"? good one!..

too much?
No, i think I've got that title.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2790 on: June 26, 2014, 07:34:57 pm »

i really should get more than 3 respect for coming up with this idea  >:(

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: June 26, 2014, 07:43:18 pm »
+4

i really should get more than 3 respect for coming up with this idea  >:(

It's really easy to get upvotes.  You just have to push the right buttons.  Let me show you.

Jack of all Mines
Look at the top card of your deck.  You may Mint it or return it to the top of your deck.  Draw until you have six or more cards in your hand.  You may Mint any card that is a treasure.

Jack of all Scouts
+1 action
Look at the top four cards of your deck.  Put them back in any order.  Draw until you have just as many cards as you had before you started drawing.  You may lose the game.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: June 26, 2014, 08:33:12 pm »
+10

Jack of all Respect - Some arbitrary number of  upvotes

Continue a ridiculously god awful Jack of all Trades joke in the Really Bad Card Ideas Thread. Gain a couple upvotes. Sit back in your chair, eat some more cheetos and temporarily feel good about yourself. Good job. Good job.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: June 26, 2014, 11:43:58 pm »
+3

Continue a ridiculously god awful Jack of all Trades joke in the Really Bad Card Ideas Thread. Gain a couple upvotes. Sit back in your chair, eat some more cheetos and temporarily feel good about yourself. Good job. Good job.

Jack of all Butthurt
If someone else thinks to make the lame joke du jour into a Scout or Mine/Mint joke before you do, you may make fun of them for it.  If you do, you may gain a few upvotes and a Golf Clap from the Golf Clap pile.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: June 27, 2014, 12:46:30 am »
+3

Jack of all Butthurt
If someone else thinks to make the lame joke du jour into a Scout or Mine/Mint joke before you do, you may make fun of them for it.  If you do, you may gain a few upvotes and a Golf Clap from the Golf Clap pile.

Jack of all Dead Horse Beating

Beat a dead horse until it's significantly more dead than it was after it died but before you started beating it. After you've thoroughly beat it, bury it under a minefield and detonate the mines. Recover all parts of the dead horse and continue beating them until you can't possibly beat them any more. If anybody complains that you've beat the horse quite enough, call them "butthurt" and continue to beat the horse mercilessly.  Gain two upvotes.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: June 27, 2014, 01:16:22 am »
+2

Jack of all Butthurt

Jack of all Dead Horse Beating

Beat a dead horse until it's significantly more dead than it was after it died but before you started beating it. After you've thoroughly beat it, bury it under a minefield and detonate the mines. Recover all parts of the dead horse and continue beating them until you can't possibly beat them any more. If anybody complains that you've beat the horse quite enough, call them "butthurt" and continue to beat the horse mercilessly.  Gain two upvotes.

Jack of Endless Butthurt
Attempt to create a new Bad Card Idea.  If you fail, berate other people for beating dead horses instead.  If you do, be sure to do so hypocritically, using another iteration of the very same "dead horse" whose beating you're attempting to protest.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 04:49:07 am by Minotaur »

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #2796 on: June 27, 2014, 02:54:28 am »
+7

Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch - Action Attack
+1 Action
 Then shalt thou choose three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt choose, and the number of the choices shall be three. Four shalt thou not choose, neither choose thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third choice, be reached, then trash thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. +2 Cards, +$2, Gain a card costing up to $5, Each other player discards down to 3 cards, Each other player gains a Curse, Reveal the top 4 cards of your deck and put the revealed victory cards in your hand then discard the rest.
(The choices must be different.)
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: June 27, 2014, 07:39:59 am »
+3

Jack of CTU

Stop an imminent terrorist plot in exactly 24 Hours.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: June 27, 2014, 12:49:22 pm »

I should point out that I was making an actual reference in mine:

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: June 27, 2014, 12:54:42 pm »

And while I'm at it:

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 282  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.