Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: On Other HBO Shows  (Read 8047 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3228
    • View Profile
Re: On Other HBO Shows
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2014, 06:47:15 pm »

I'm done defending true blood now. what a gigantic amount of bullshit. i'm so incredibly disappointed in the latter half of this season. the previous season might have been weaker than the ones before, but it was nowhere near as bad as this one. just wow.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2014, 12:58:08 pm »

Started watching The Killing.  On the beginning of Season 3 now.  I'm quite impressed.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2014, 01:02:59 pm »

By the way, I like Hannibal, but I was very annoyed by the finale.

The reason for that is that I'm pretty sure half the people who "die" in the episode won't actually die, which is one of the things I hate the most about TV.

So by the way, you had to kind of expect this.  The show is going to follow some sort of "interpreted" cannon more or less, so you know that at some point Hannibal has to attack Will, because that's what happened in the books.  I understand what you're saying about the "will they live?" cliffhanger, but really we know they're going to live.  Well, except Abagail and probably Allana.  But Will certain has to, and I'd be really surprised if they killed Jack.  (If they do, it would probably only because of scheduling conflicts with Lawrence Fishburn.)

But anyway, you knew Will was getting gutted.  I thought the whole end scene was great.  I think the show creator described it as Hannibal dropping the mike and walking off stage.

yuma

• Minion
  • Respect: +609
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2014, 06:09:12 pm »

Not HBO but I'll comment cause Teproc is reading this board and specifically wanted to talk to him about it since he started me on it, but I got caught up on Homeland and loved seasons 1-2. Claire Daines was great (is she ever bad in anything?) and Damian Lewis does a great manic/panic expression. But really the best part of the show is Mandy Patinkin. He really should become the Israeli Prime Minister

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/sximkb/mandy-patinkin

but that is getting into RSP so I'll just leave it at that.

However, season 3 was awful. The first part was pretty good with the setup. But after that it was just a bad 24 season. What I felt ruined it was moving many of the settings to outside the United States and the level of quality dropped because of it. But the ending was ok, and I am disappointed that they are doing a Season 4.... why? To what purpose

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2015, 09:48:25 am »

Hooray necro!

Anyone watch the Silicon Valley premiere?  I thought what they did with Peter Gregory worked well.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2015, 11:58:04 pm »

Hooray necro!

Anyone watch the Silicon Valley premiere?  I thought what they did with Peter Gregory worked well.

...yes.

It was not the funniest episode ever, but it set up some really interesting stuff for this season, which I'm excited about.

Premiere of Veep was amazing; seriously how do more people not watch this incredible show?!
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.