Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Unity mobile app?  (Read 9530 times)

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
Re: Unity mobile app?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 07:08:39 pm »
+2

I hope I'm not asked to buy all of the cards for the third time.
Well you *do* need a signature...

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 07:18:20 pm »
+2

Would any of us even buy the app if we had to buy the cards again? I doubt I would. I am quite content playing Dominion on my laptop. Anyway, I see the app being more aimed towards the casual dominion crowd.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 08:29:52 pm »
+4

Would any of us even buy the app if we had to buy the cards again? I doubt I would. I am quite content playing Dominion on my laptop. Anyway, I see the app being more aimed towards the casual dominion crowd.

As opposed to Dominion Online, which was clearly designed with hardcore dominion fans in mind: the sort who would write their own scripts like Salvager and host databases like drunken sailor.

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 08:36:23 pm »

I like playing androminion on my phone, but I just can't see how anything even vaguely resembling the goko interface would work on a small screen. There's just too much stuff there. (assuming they plan to keep the interface all swooshy with pictures)
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 08:42:09 pm »

I like playing androminion on my phone, but I just can't see how anything even vaguely resembling the goko interface would work on a small screen. There's just too much stuff there. (assuming they plan to keep the interface all swooshy with pictures)

But they aren't, right?  Making Fun is scrapping Goko's HTML 5 plans.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 08:53:44 pm »
+1

So it sounds like they're redoing the whole thing in Unity, which can then be used both in native apps and on the web.  If that's right, then... well, I'm not sure I'd be happy exactly, as it completely destroys Salvager, so unless it also has all those features, that would suck.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 09:12:43 pm »

But they aren't, right?  Making Fun is scrapping Goko's HTML 5 plans.

But they might still be going for a pretty pictures design as opposed to text-based like androminion
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 10:00:04 pm »
+8

Goko [...] “this year for sure”.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 10:43:13 pm »
+5

Goko [...] “this year for sure”.

🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 08:12:59 am »

Meh, Unity is not supported on Linux AFAIK, so if they scrap this one for a unity one .. I'll be a bit sad even though I don't really play this one anymore.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 08:27:07 am »

Meh, Unity is not supported on Linux AFAIK, so if they scrap this one for a unity one .. I'll be a bit sad even though I don't really play this one anymore.

Unity can be turned into an online Flash app and used on a web page, instead of being compiled as a standalone.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 08:46:42 am »

You mean like this?
http://www.kongregate.com/games/synapticon/tyrant-unleashed-web

You still need Unity Web player, which is not available for Linux.

There are some 3rd party solutions; tho I am not sure how good they actually are.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 08:51:19 am by Grujah »

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 09:26:17 am »

As I said, I am aware of 3rd party solutions, but I never had good time with them.
Pipelight doesn't work out-of-box (I get it to run, but as soon as it starts loading an unity app it errors up) and I don'thave time to fiddle ATM.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 09:40:33 am »
+3

This will probably sound very ignorant, but why would you run Linux if you're not having a good time with third party software and fiddling?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 09:52:34 am »

I didn't have bad time with 3rd party solutions in general, but with every Silverlight/Unity3d 3rd party so far.

I do like to fiddle with stuff, but this is really not that important to me so much to spend time on it.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2014, 04:15:52 pm »
+2

This will probably sound very ignorant, but why would you run Linux if you're not having a good time with third party software and fiddling?

Thank you for asking this question. I couldn't figure out how to phrase it without sounding really snide. But you pulled it off!

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2014, 04:39:11 pm »
+1

Thank you for asking this question. I couldn't figure out how to phrase it without sounding really snide. But you pulled it off!

Why do people ask questions like this? Why aren't all of you eating cake right now? Do you not like eating cake?

Have you ever enjoyed something, and then not enjoyed it at another time? Have those time periods of enjoyment/not enjoyment ever ranged between seconds/days/weeks/months/years?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 04:40:24 pm by Mic Qsenoch »

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2014, 05:06:09 pm »

Why do people ask questions like this? Why aren't all of you eating cake right now? Do you not like eating cake?

Have you ever enjoyed something, and then not enjoyed it at another time? Have those time periods of enjoyment/not enjoyment ever ranged between seconds/days/weeks/months/years?

Not all the NPCs in your life can be well-rounded characters that develop over time, man! :P

Sometimes people ask questions because they're interested in knowing the answer. This was one of those times, both for me and Lekkit.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2014, 07:58:37 pm »

As opposed to Dominion Online, which was clearly designed with hardcore dominion fans in mind: the sort who would write their own scripts like Salvager and host databases like drunken sailor.

Yeah, you've said this before, and I still don't think it's true. Again, Goko is playable because of Salvager. Finding a game without automatch? Hope you like spending time in lobbies, not playing the game you're trying to play!

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2014, 08:00:56 pm »

Yeah, you've said this before, and I still don't think it's true. Again, Goko is playable because of Salvager. Finding a game without automatch? Hope you like spending time in lobbies, not playing the game you're trying to play!

I don't use automatch and I have zero trouble finding games. Of course, I don't demand skilled opponents.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2014, 06:19:10 am »
+3

I'm not eating cake because I actually don't like it. But that wasn't really your point, I assume. ;)

Here's the thing. I'm curious. And as I said earlier, it probably would sound ignorant, but I didn't mean it that way. I just wanted to know why one would commit to such a thing as an OS that requires fiddling and usage of third party software if you're not that happy using it. I suspected it was something like he had some bad previous experience of some software and was temporarily put off, but I couldn't know for sure.

I often ask iPhone users why they use iPhone over Android, and Android users why they use it over iPhone. Because I'm interested in hearing the reason to why people make choices like that.

I have enjoyed stuff at times that I didn't enjoy at other times. But I try as much as it's possible not to commit to stuff that I might not enjoy. I tried out Linux once, didn't like the fiddling and such. Installed Windows.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2014, 09:25:04 am »

I'm not eating cake because I actually don't like it. But that wasn't really your point, I assume. ;)

Here's the thing. I'm curious. And as I said earlier, it probably would sound ignorant, but I didn't mean it that way. I just wanted to know why one would commit to such a thing as an OS that requires fiddling and usage of third party software if you're not that happy using it. I suspected it was something like he had some bad previous experience of some software and was temporarily put off, but I couldn't know for sure.

I often ask iPhone users why they use iPhone over Android, and Android users why they use it over iPhone. Because I'm interested in hearing the reason to why people make choices like that.

I have enjoyed stuff at times that I didn't enjoy at other times. But I try as much as it's possible not to commit to stuff that I might not enjoy. I tried out Linux once, didn't like the fiddling and such. Installed Windows.
I use Android because the phone came with my phone plan.

I could learn to use Linux if I wanted to, but I don't see it being worth it given that I mostly use my computer to surf the web and play games. For complex jobs, I use the computers at my school, which happen to have Linux in addition to Windows anyway.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2014, 10:56:33 am »
+1

Sorry, did someone mention cake?
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 20 queries.