Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Story about engagement, marraige, and Dominion  (Read 1026 times)

sitnaltax

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +490
    • View Profile
Story about engagement, marraige, and Dominion
« on: June 25, 2014, 09:59:48 pm »
+10

First off, congratulations to shark_bait and Robz for your recent engagements and marriages. Those announcements reminded me of a story from about two years ago.

It was August of 2012, and I was engaged to be married in September. I was going to GenCon with a friend; my then-fiancee is a gamer, but she couldn't make it that year, so we made a sort of bachelor party out of it.

At the time, Funsockets/Goko Dominion was scheduled to launch, and Isotropic to be taken down, at GenCon. I had been in the Goko beta and had an idea of the sort of problems to expect. As the convention went on, I felt an increasing sense of dread that I was going into the wrong commitment; not with respect to my marriage, but entirely to my online Dominion experience. (I was playing a lot more then than I do now, hitting the high 30s/low 40s on Iso.) I took that as a very good sign; after all, my instincts knew what dread and cold feet felt like, and I wasn't experiencing them at all with respect to the decision that was actually going to affect my life.

Anyway, the launch was as much of a disaster as I had expected, and my wedding went off successfully; almost two years later, marriage is so far so good. I avoided Goko in revulsion and disgust until MakingFun bought it. At that point I was tired of no Dominion, so I went ahead and bought in. Between the improvements they made and the awesome Goko Salvager, it's pretty tolerable--I feel like a nobleman in a political marriage, kept apart from my love but with time and work it can at least be satisfactory.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
Re: Story about engagement, marraige, and Dominion
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 10:23:06 pm »

Welcome back, and congratulations on two years of happy marriage!!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
Re: Story about engagement, marraige, and Dominion
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 08:43:24 pm »

I feel like a nobleman in a political marriage, kept apart from my love but with time and work it can at least be satisfactory.

Don't let your wife see this. :P
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.