Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14  All

Author Topic: Naxxramas cards  (Read 83840 times)

nkirbit

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
Re: Naxxramas cards
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2014, 01:29:41 am »

I just finished all of the bosses on heroic... the last boss was the most fun, the deck I beat him with was pretty goofy.
Yep, last heroic boss was the most fun because her power is so weird. At first I tried to build a deck stuffed with charge minions, but it really doesn't work because she kills you before you can burn down her 45HP. Eventually I settled on a low-curve Shaman deck, because getting your totems bounced to hand is OK. MC Tech was a star as well, grabbing some great cards.

I played a priest deck stuffed with cheap battlecry minions.  Elven Archer, Voodoo Doctor, Ironbeak Owl, Mad Bomber, and Mind Control Tech were all downright amazing.  Throw in some shadow word deaths and big game hunters for giants, novas for board wipes, cabal shadow priest and shadow madness for stealing fun, and it's a good matchup.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 23, 2014, 01:34:33 am »

I am still trying to beat him. I'm not reading spoilers.

I had a fun situation where she had 7 1/1s and I could heal 7 each turn (Voodoo Doc, Earth Farseer, Hero Power).. but than my hand got full.  :( MCT seems good, btw. :D

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2014, 01:37:41 am »

I have yet to play due to stupid download restrictions over cellular.  The iPad update is over 500 mb and you can't download anything over 100 mb.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2014, 01:47:51 am »

My Maexx heroic strategy is probably more luck based, but it worked.

I just made a Hunter to the face deck. Drop Bluegill/Wolfrider/Leeroy each turn to burn the face since they get bounced anyways. Use Freezing Trap to bounce the larger minions, AI is dumb enough to attack with the largest creature first. Your goal is to get 7 weak creatures on their side of the board so that they can't play any good creatures. One turn before I was going to die, I dropped 2 Timbers, Unleash, Explosive Trap and hit for 15. Maexx triggers Explosive, I live one more turn to finish off with Leeroy. You do have to get lucky though - you have to draw some kind of Unleash combo fast, and have your Explosives
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2014, 01:53:54 am »

I think people are too harsh on "more win" cards, as if as soon as you get a lead you don't need to do anything more and you're guaranteed to win.  Board flips happen.  You need "more win" cards to make board flips harder and cement your advantage.  It's just as important to convert your advantage into a win, as it is to grab that advantage in the first place.
Win more cards like Cairne Bloodhoof, who offers poor stabilization on incoming damage but makes your board hard to flip, are good.  That isn't what kelthuz does, he takes a winning board that is vulnerable to molten shadowflame and turns it into a winning board that is still vulnerable to molten shadowflame.

Being vulnerable to Molten Shadowflame is not a dealbreaker. Very few cards are not. Kel'thuzad turns a tempo advantage into an actual board advantage. If you would have traded a minion anyway, then Kel'thuzad is a 6/8 + a copy of the minion. _Any_ minion makes that good value. Even without a minion, your opponent can't afford to let it stick, so it's decent. The only issue is that it's an 8-drop, and you just can't have too many of those.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2014, 02:14:02 am »

Oh, so Naxxramus cards are in arena now too. Just got the 5/5 for 4, bounce on death. I'm really tempted to pick it up but it's competing against Assassinate...

Eh I'll take it have lots of battlecry this draft anyways.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 23, 2014, 02:47:50 am »

I had a fun situation where she had 7 1/1s and I could heal 7 each turn (Voodoo Doc, Earth Farseer, Hero Power).. but than my hand got full.  :( MCT seems good, btw. :D

Hmm.. Alextrasza.... seems like a sure way to win. Too bad I don't own that card yet :S

Titandrake

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 23, 2014, 03:36:23 am »

Hmm.. Alextrasza.... seems like a sure way to win. Too bad I don't own that card yet :S

I'm considering crafting that card too, since it seems like the easiest way to beat the first heroic boss. Basically play freeze mage, stall until you draw Alextrasza and hit face. I don't have the Ice Blocks though, but Alextrasza in general seems good against 45 hp heroes.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2014, 03:42:29 am »

Hah! Solved it! I actually made a true combo deck unlike other people. :P

Basically my combo was: Guardian of Kings + Earthen Far Seer + Arcane Golem
You mulling into Blessing of Wisdom - This is pretty much only card draw so you need to have it. Your goal is to get all minions on his side to have 1 power. Not that hard as most spiders do, and you can time your equality/conesecrate/Wild Pyro things so that max number of spiderlings spawn. Humility and "Humility on a body" help too. Heals as well (Voodoo Doc/Holy Light).
So, you survive somehow till turn 10 while his board is all 1 in power. It's not that hard to do, all you need to do is set up the board on turn 5-6 and be at more than 3 life, as from turn 7 onwards you play Guardian of Kings each turn. Arcane Golem + Guardian of Kings deals 4 damage to him and you go down 1 hp next turn. Guardian of Kings + Far Seer deal no damage to him but you will go 2 hp up. So, you Arcane + GoK when you are above 1, Far Seer + GoK when at 1 hp. When she gets low enough, FINISH HER!

Edit:
Now that I think of it, you can do the same concept much more efficiently:
Priest, Two Earthen Far Seers + Leeroy.
Starting with 7 mana (on his low-damage full board) either double Far Seer if you have to or Leeroy / Far seer if you can afford it.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 04:44:26 am by Grujah »

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 23, 2014, 04:05:02 am »

Do the adventure games count toward daily quests?

Titandrake

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2014, 04:16:14 am »
+1

By the way, Anu'bar Ambusher is looking very nice in arena. It's filling the niche of "fat 4 cost" that my deck was missing, and it actually doesn't hurt you that much if at all. My arena deck doesn't run too many high end cards, and it usually ends up staying alive to do good damage since they don't have 5 damage to kill it, but do have the damage to kill my 3/2, for example.

Or you end up dropping it on an empty board and you're just set.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 23, 2014, 04:16:47 am »

@ash - no. Only the "7 wins in any mode" one counts there.

EgorK

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +74
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 23, 2014, 05:56:37 am »

First two heroics were pretty easy to beat with zoo. I'll wait a bit to deal with last. Also got one more pack with 2 legendaries, on EU this time. Jones + Millhouse

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2014, 06:01:30 am »
+1

Naxx felt a bit...anticlimactic.  Three easy wins and a legendary.

On to heroic, but that just didn't feel like much.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 23, 2014, 09:28:05 am »

Agreed a little, but new cards are fun even if they aren't the most useful ones we saw. The heroic is a nice challenge. I think we would all like it better if we waited till all the wings were open before playing it.

And I feel the bosses might get harder in the next areas.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 23, 2014, 09:42:49 am »

Agreed a little, but new cards are fun even if they aren't the most useful ones we saw. The heroic is a nice challenge. I think we would all like it better if we waited till all the wings were open before playing it.

And I feel the bosses might get harder in the next areas.

It was nice to see mechanics from the raid showing up in the fights.

Anub'rekhan spawned two very large spiders every 90 seconds or so that had to be tanked and killed before you killed him.  He also had Locust Swarm, which was just nasty AOE that had to be turned away from the raid IIRC.

Faerlina had her worshippers that boosted her power, and of course had a rain of fie.  Don't stand in the fire, idiots!

Maexxna hit a fifth of the raid with Web Wraps and they had to be broken out of them or the whole raid would get encased.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 23, 2014, 09:48:37 am »

(I was a warrior tank in vanilla, then a druid tank from Karazhan until the start of Cataclysm)
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 23, 2014, 12:27:25 pm »

The first wing was pretty easy. The "normal" battles weren't really challenging. The class challenges weren't really challenging. And I only lost one game against Faerlina on heroic. The other two I took down on my first try. Without crafting any special decks for the battles.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 23, 2014, 12:28:39 pm »

Edit:
Now that I think of it, you can do the same concept much more efficiently:
Priest, Two Earthen Far Seers + Leeroy.
Starting with 7 mana (on his low-damage full board) either double Far Seer if you have to or Leeroy / Far seer if you can afford it.

It's a bit harder to enforce the low-damage full board with Priest. I did it with Priest (3 out of 4 times, so it's decently consistent) with the following list:
0 - 2x circle
1 - 2x smite, 2x shield, 2x voodoo
2 - 2x mind blast, 2x pain, 2x bluegill, 2x pyro
3 - 2x death, 2x farseer, 2x wolfrider
4 - 1x mass dispell, 2x soulpriest, 1x leeroy
5 - 2x nova
6 - 1x fire
9 - 1x alexstrazsa

Alexstrazsa is not necessary, but clearly nice, since I have him. The idea is to actually just heal early with Voodoo/Farseer/hero power, then clear his board with Pyro combos, Nova, Soulpriest+circle, and Death/Holy Fire/charge minions to remove the bigger stuff. Eventually, you can get to the point where you just Soulpriest, Farseer, hero power to clear whatever small minions he can play (and use stronger removal instead if he plays something big). As you are in complete control, you can throw excess damage to the face (Alexstrazsa is nice for kickstarting this phase) and once he's in kill range, just start Mind Blasting (if you didn't have to use them earlier for Pyro) and charging face.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 23, 2014, 01:15:25 pm »

Wow this deck worked like a charm. I managed to keep him with all 1/1's and a 1/2 taunt for a long time, healing 6hp every turn, him doing 7. Eventually I cleared it because my hand was getting full. I didn't get my pyromancers till the end, but you need to have Soulpriest and Voodoo+Earthen. When he drops the 4/6, cant cant target with spell you have to be able to kill it fast enough. I was forced to lose a minion once in a while due to playing 3 in 1 turn, but often you can get it to trade, so it's not a total loss.

Jdaki

• Bishop
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 24, 2014, 08:13:06 am »

I was thinking the Heroic hero power Rain of Fire was OP then I loaded up the third boss- 0mana double sap! Eurgh
Did it similar to Titandrake though thought I was toast when my second UTH got discarded due to too much card draw, explosive traps kept me in it until I could get tonnes of powered up beasts out

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 24, 2014, 08:33:36 am »

Did everyone get Druid/rogue?

Thoughts on the two cards in constructed?

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 24, 2014, 08:34:17 am »

Yeah. At least I got them.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 24, 2014, 10:24:48 am »

Did everyone get Druid/rogue?

Thoughts on the two cards in constructed?

Poison Seeds seems best for some sort of token deck. Not great if you're running a druid deck with it's big bruisers.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 24, 2014, 11:53:21 am »

I put Haunted Creeper and Nerubian Egg in zoo and have been playing that. I'm not totally convinced by either. Haunted Creeper is a bit uninspiring in its 1/2 form: it takes a long time to die, until then is pretty bad, and even when it does die the two 1/1s are not very exciting. Nerubian Egg is surprisingly hard to activate. Even if I can buff it to have attack, my opponent might not have a minion out to smack it against. I may be underestimating the AOE defense since that's more invisible (if my opponent chooses to not use AOE because they see the egg).

I've seen some people running these cards in zoos where they include more activations, like Power Overwhelming and Void Terror. Not really convinced by that either, because those cards seem pretty bad in zoo if they aren't activating Creeper/Egg. Dunno.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 22 queries.