Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14  All

Author Topic: Naxxramas cards  (Read 83853 times)

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
Naxxramas cards
« on: June 19, 2014, 01:57:19 pm »
+1

You can see all the released cards here:
http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Curse_of_Naxxramas

The last of the class-specific cards has been revealed -- the Hunter card, Webspinner:
https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/479670157472575489/photo/1

The Hunter card, like most of the other class cards, looks pretty good. Yet another way to make your hunter deck thinner.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
Re: Naxxramas cards
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 01:59:05 pm »

I think it's been confirmed, though, that it's a random beast, and not a beast from your deck.  Which makes it still fine for arena, but obviously less good for constructed.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 02:01:13 pm »

I think it's been confirmed, though, that it's a random beast, and not a beast from your deck.  Which makes it still fine for arena, but obviously less good for constructed.

IMHO, that changes it from "could be playable" to "unplayable" in Constructed. Meh.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 02:20:49 pm »

Oh, that sucks then. Unless the pool of beasts it draws from is biased to be good, like Animal Companion.

The wording is really confusing. Why would it say "draw" if you're not actually drawing...

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 02:35:30 pm »
+2

Ysera also "draws" cards, which confused me a ton when I was starting Hearthstone.

It's gonna be one of those cards where when your opponent plays it, he gets Savannah Highmane, and when you play it, you get Angry Chicken or Hungry Crab.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 03:02:53 pm »
+3

Uggh, I never get around to sending out my Naxxramas cards until February.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 04:04:37 pm »

Obviously the strength of this depends on the pool it draws from. Bane of Doom has similar wording, except for Demons, and gives you a random free or common collectible Demon. (By "collectible" I mean something you can put in your deck, which excludes Worthless Imp.)

Here's the pool of free or common collectible beasts currently in the game (so, not including Naxxramas):
  • Stonetusk Boar
  • Timber Wolf
  • Bloodfen Raptor
  • River Crocolisk
  • Oasis Snapjaw
  • Young Dragonhawk
  • Dire Wolf Alpha
  • Ironbeak Owl
  • Scavenging Hyena
  • Starving Buzzard
  • Ironfur Grizzly
  • Jungle Panther
  • Silverback Patriach
  • Stranglethorn Tiger
  • Tundra Rhino
  • Core Hound
A significant number of these are garbage even in arena. So I'm gonna predict this card to be pretty awful in both modes.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 04:52:32 pm »

Never mind, it's confirmed to draw any collectible beast. I guess that improves it, since Rare and Legendary beasts are pretty good apart from Angry Chicken. Epic beasts are trash though (Captain's Parrot, Hungry Crab).

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 05:04:33 pm »

Never mind, it's confirmed to draw any collectible beast. I guess that improves it, since Rare and Legendary beasts are pretty good apart from Angry Chicken. Epic beasts are trash though (Captain's Parrot, Hungry Crab).
Does Hunter really need a card with such a high variance as to summon a legendary while not being able to form a real strategy around it? I don't see what it adds to the game.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 07:30:26 pm »

Does Hunter really need a card with such a high variance as to summon a legendary while not being able to form a real strategy around it? I don't see what it adds to the game.

It's a 1 drop though. I think they wanted a Hunter 1 drop, and I mean it could be worse. It's better than Stonetusk Boar I think, and I still see that often in Hunter decks.

EDIT: And my guess is that it will release in two or three weeks. They have been releasing cards about once a week, so i think they must ready to release it soon.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 07:40:22 pm by KingZog3 »

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 07:52:57 pm »
+1

It's not better than Boar, imo.
Boar has quite some utility, and more burst damage.
Boar + Hunter's Mark = remove anything, instantly.
Boar + Houndmaster = 3/3 Taunt charger. Eats smaller minions or hits face, instantly.
Instantly +2/+1s your Hyena. Helps a lot when you combo out with Buzzard + UTH + Timber .. It's more insta-damage.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 09:39:00 pm »

It's not better than Boar, imo.
Boar has quite some utility, and more burst damage.
Boar + Hunter's Mark = remove anything, instantly.
Boar + Houndmaster = 3/3 Taunt charger. Eats smaller minions or hits face, instantly.
Instantly +2/+1s your Hyena. Helps a lot when you combo out with Buzzard + UTH + Timber .. It's more insta-damage.

True. But I still think this will get play. It's cheap, which I think is the main thing. And double Deathrattle might be not bad with this.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 09:44:55 pm »

Meh, not sure, it has high chances of whiffing.

But we'll see.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 09:53:31 pm »

Actually yeah, it may just be an arena card to even out mana curve. But Hunter isn't good in arena to start with.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 11:14:59 pm »

So it seems Shaman's card is the clear winner from the class ones?  Mage's Duplicate could be tough.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2014, 11:20:18 pm »

So it seems Shaman's card is the clear winner from the class ones?  Mage's Duplicate could be tough.

I don't know, the Warrior one is pretty good. It's the middling weapon Warrior needed. Voidcaller looks decent too, and Poison seeds could be great since Druid doesn't have good pure removal cards. Plus the Paladin secret looks like it'll be better than any of the other paladin Secrets.

EDIT: Death's Bite is a Swipe-ish effect when it breaks. That's really good.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 11:48:24 pm by KingZog3 »

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2014, 03:06:03 am »

I think a good field of deathrattle minions + Baron Geddon + the Druid specific card would be pretty awesome, giving you double deathrattles on everything. 
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2014, 09:47:00 am »

I think a good field of deathrattle minions + Baron Geddon + the Druid specific card would be pretty awesome, giving you double deathrattles on everything.

The question is would he trigger. Because they all get destroyed at once I think just the Deathrattles would trigger but not with Baron's ability.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2014, 09:59:25 am »

The question is would he trigger. Because they all get destroyed at once I think just the Deathrattles would trigger but not with Baron's ability.
Are we talking about the same Baron? It's Baron Rivendare we're talking about right?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2014, 10:01:43 am »

Are we talking about the same Baron? It's Baron Rivendare we're talking about right?

Yes we are. Rivandare would die at the same time as everything else. Same as Flamestrike with a Cult Master on the board. It dies at the same tie so it doesn't trigger and I'm guessing it won't  double the Deathrattles.

EDIT: I just actually read your post. We are not. You are right, and that would be a good play :P

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2014, 10:03:16 am »

It seems like they tried to balance arena with these cards.  The good arena classes got pretty lame arena cards, and the bad arena classes got good arena cards.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2014, 10:04:54 am »

It seems like they tried to balance arena with these cards.  The good arena classes got pretty lame arena cards, and the bad arena classes got good arena cards.

I think Duplicate would be ok in arena though. Arena tends to run longer games, and that's more of a chance to get Duplicate on a medium/high cost card.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2014, 10:51:57 am »

Yes we are. Rivandare would die at the same time as everything else. Same as Flamestrike with a Cult Master on the board. It dies at the same tie so it doesn't trigger and I'm guessing it won't  double the Deathrattles.

EDIT: I just actually read your post. We are not. You are right, and that would be a good play :P
Wait what? Now I'm confused. Does Baron Geddon have anything to do with the Druid specific card Poison Seeds and double deathrattle?

Both Geddon and Poison seeds are good with deathrattle minions, but you can't play both on the same turn without The Coin or Innervate or something.

I imagine Poison Seeds won't trigger double deathrattle with rivendare, a la Cult Master example.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2014, 10:58:11 am »

Wait what? Now I'm confused. Does Baron Geddon have anything to do with the Druid specific card Poison Seeds and double deathrattle?

Both Geddon and Poison seeds are good with deathrattle minions, but you can't play both on the same turn without The Coin or Innervate or something.

I imagine Poison Seeds won't trigger double deathrattle with rivendare, a la Cult Master example.

Baron Geddon does 2 dmg to everything at the end of the turn. Baron Rivandere double deathrattles. You said Geddon, implying something about killing all the treants, but then you said double deathrattle, which is Baron Rivandere. I said Rivandere would not trigger double deathrattles because he would die at the same time, a la Cult Master. Then I read you post again and saw you said Baron Geddon, so I tried to correct myself, but turns out you meant Baron Rivandere to being with, so now your first post just doenst make sense.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2014, 11:17:05 am »

Baron Geddon does 2 dmg to everything at the end of the turn. Baron Rivandere double deathrattles. You said Geddon, implying something about killing all the treants, but then you said double deathrattle, which is Baron Rivandere. I said Rivandere would not trigger double deathrattles because he would die at the same time, a la Cult Master. Then I read you post again and saw you said Baron Geddon, so I tried to correct myself, but turns out you meant Baron Rivandere to being with, so now your first post just doenst make sense.
Let me drop the bombshell on you now.

Wait for it...

I didn't write the first post.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14  All

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 20 queries.