Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14  All

Author Topic: Naxxramas cards  (Read 84192 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
Re: Naxxramas cards
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2014, 12:18:03 pm »

Would really help if they release pricing info ASAP, so that I know how much gold I can burn on packs.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2014, 12:25:52 pm »

Would really help if they release pricing info ASAP, so that I know how much gold I can burn on packs.

Yea that would be nice. But you still have a week between the wings open so you can save up enough in a week for sure.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2014, 09:49:57 am »

Apparently rumors are that it will be ~600 gold per wing?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2014, 06:47:37 pm »

700 gold per wing, official now.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2014, 10:27:32 pm »

Anyone have good ideas for use of Nerubian Egg? Plausible ways to activate would be killing it yourself, buffing its attack and trading, or taunting it.

Killing it yourself avoids vulnerability to silence. Egg+Backstab is an low-mana way to get a 4/4, but is much worse than Innervate+Yeti, and an Egg is less versatile than a Yeti. I don't know what other plausible combos there are. You could do things like Egg+Hellfire, Egg+Brawl, Egg+Geddon, but they seem too situational.

Both attack buffing and giving taunt could be done in a zoo deck, but the Egg seems very limited in use if you don't have such a combo in hand.

Overall it seems a bit Watcher-like as a card, except perhaps harder to activate, and it can't attack the turn that it's activated. So it doesn't seem very good.

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2014, 04:19:51 am »

I'm sure there'll be some new cards in Naxx that have involve destroying your own minions for some benefit, so it'll synergize with those. Stuff like Sacrificial Pact.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2014, 05:06:08 am »

I think Egg will see some play. Zoo can make use from Dire Wolf or SSC, taunting is semi-useful but I think the decks where you have a taunt giver and want to play Egg aren't that common.

What makes me think it's viable is that it's built in AoE protection - only having 2 health means it dies to almost any board clear, at which point they still have a 4/4 to deal with. Of course they have to want to clear your board in the first place - it probably only sees play in Zoo or Zoo-like decks. Control decks would rather have Ancient Watcher as a combo card and aggro decks want more to-the-face damage and less cute combos.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2014, 10:57:38 am »

I don't know about it in Zoo, since it's not great for tempo. You spend 2 mana (which is actually relatively high on your curve) on something that doesn't pose a threat. Other zero attack stuff like Shieldbearer and Cho are fine because they protect your stuff, but running Egg doesn't seem worth it.

Maybe it's better in Shaman as board clear protection.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2014, 12:55:02 pm »
+2

I just got to 2800 gold! Yay!

HME egg is nuts in Zoo, stop smoking the crack.  Zoo is not a facemelter deck

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2014, 01:04:47 pm »

It might be good in zoo, but there are a lot of cards that are good in zoo. 2 mana is high on the curve. Not 100% sure you want it. You spend 2 mana, plus a buff that could have gone on something else to get a 4/4 a couple turns later. Now I guess you still get whatever damage out of the buff, so it's not really a waste of the buff, so I don't know. I'd guess it's better than Amani Berkzerker, but worse than Knife Juggler and Dire Wolf, which doesn't really leave room for 2x, at least unless you want to run a higher curve zoo. Then again, maybe it takes the place of Scarlet Crusader/Harvest Golem...

EDIT: Actually, after thinking "out loud", I take it back. If used in place of 3-drops, it's probably very good. Make the curve even lower.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 02:20:50 pm by HiveMindEmulator »

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2014, 12:28:21 pm »

I didn't think of the egg as board clear insurance. That's good justification to include it in zoo. Too bad that two of your primary ladder foes (Rogues and Druids) run 1 damage clear spells (Swipe's splash, Fan of Knives). Against Rogue it's still a nice defense vs Deadly Poison Blade Flurry and spell powered Fan of Knives / plain Blade Flurry. Druid is rough though. They might not even have a minion out to smack the egg into, and then they may silence it with a Keeper.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2014, 04:25:12 pm »

I didn't think of the egg as board clear insurance. That's good justification to include it in zoo. Too bad that two of your primary ladder foes (Rogues and Druids) run 1 damage clear spells (Swipe's splash, Fan of Knives). Against Rogue it's still a nice defense vs Deadly Poison Blade Flurry and spell powered Fan of Knives / plain Blade Flurry. Druid is rough though. They might not even have a minion out to smack the egg into, and then they may silence it with a Keeper.

Against Swipe, that's fair, but with a Keeper I'd think you'd run enough 3/2s that they could also have killed one of your creatures outright, so it's not that much worse than the average.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2014, 08:34:55 pm »

I just passed 700 Gold. I've got lots of saving up to do. It would be really cool to maintain my streak of not using any real money for in-game stuff, but man I'm missing out on some sweet arena action in the meantime.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2014, 08:39:48 pm »

I just passed 700 Gold. I've got lots of saving up to do. It would be really cool to maintain my streak of not using any real money for in-game stuff, but man I'm missing out on some sweet arena action in the meantime.

Yeah, I've been saving, but sort of spending once in a while.

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2014, 11:41:28 pm »

If Zoo wants to run Egg, that may justify putting in Undertaker, because it'll have 4 activators (2 Golems, 2 Eggs), and when it does activate, it's pretty good, a River Croc for 1 mana.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2014, 11:13:48 am »
+1

If Zoo wants to run Egg, that may justify putting in Undertaker, because it'll have 4 activators (2 Golems, 2 Eggs), and when it does activate, it's pretty good, a River Croc for 1 mana.

Having only 4 deathrattles seems like not enough. Remember, there's a lot of cards you want to run in zoo that there just aren't room for. Also, I was thinking of running Egg instead of Harvest Golem, rather than along with it. If you're running egg, you want to run as many buffs for it as possible, so you probably want 2x Cleric, 2x Dwarf, 2x Defender, 2x Dire Wolf. That doesn't leave a lot of room among the expensive cards for Harvest Golem.

However, if there's even more good cheap deathrattle cards, then a deathrattle-focused zoo might work (like the divine shield-focused one with Crusaders and Blood Knights)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 11:15:06 am by HiveMindEmulator »

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2014, 05:29:34 pm »
+2

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2014, 06:26:11 pm »

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/490179226201382912/photo/1

Dat anti-Miracle.
That reminds me of how new units from the StarCraft expansions were used to aid in balancing the games.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2014, 06:37:21 pm »

Dat anti-Miracle.
That reminds me of how new units from the StarCraft expansions were used to aid in balancing the games.

And his stats are pretty sweet. This card is going to really shake up tons of games, delaying pretty much all bursts.

blueblimp

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2014, 06:39:07 pm »

Dat anti-Miracle.
I hope we get some crazy anti-Druid card. High ladder right now is basically Rogue+Druid+Warlock with only a sprinkling of other classes. Since this card does little against Warlocks and Druids, I sure don't want the number of dominating classes to decrease. Edit: Well okay, on second thought it's a pain for Druids too. So maybe we'll just see Warlock dominating ladder.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 06:46:00 pm by blueblimp »

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2014, 07:05:11 pm »

It stops nature + roar too.
While Lock/Rogue/Druid are top classes, I don't think meta is THAT unhealthy or that this is a good card to fix it. Meh.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2014, 07:32:24 pm »
+1

I'd be more okay with this card if 5/5 for 5 wasn't already a solid body. As it stands the downside of running a more meta-specific card isn't big enough to justify how much it warps things - Harrison Jones ruins weapons hard but as a 5/4 for 5 it's not overpowering. I think that 5th health pushes it too far.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2014, 07:35:24 pm »

I definitely agree with Egg in place of Golem.  Pulling that curve down just lets you get more discard-1 Doomguards out. 

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2014, 08:45:05 pm »

Dat anti-Miracle.

Really ought to be "Your opponent may only cause any healing once during the rest of the game."
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2014, 09:19:05 pm »

Dat anti-Miracle.

Really ought to be "Your opponent may only cause any healing once during the rest of the game."
That would suck for poor priests
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14  All

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 20 queries.