Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56]  All

Author Topic: Arena General Discussion  (Read 329236 times)

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
Re: Arena General Discussion
« Reply #1375 on: April 21, 2017, 07:12:01 pm »

I've played some arena since Un'Goro release and I've been having more fun with it than with arena in a long time. (Though it's been months since I've played much arena.) After the set rotation, the restriction to standard makes a huge difference, and upped spell chance is nice.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1376 on: April 26, 2017, 05:23:06 am »

I had a 3/5 Sen'jin. My opponent had a 3/1 Wild Pyromancer and a 2/1 murloc. Then he Fireballed my Sen'jin.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: April 26, 2017, 11:02:11 am »

I had a 3/5 Sen'jin. My opponent had a 3/1 Wild Pyromancer and a 2/1 murloc. Then he Fireballed my Sen'jin.

Who won, though?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1378 on: April 26, 2017, 11:06:21 am »

Who won, though?

I did.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: April 26, 2017, 01:13:26 pm »

Who won, though?

I did.

But were you a Warrior? Your opponent could have been trying to play around Mortal Strike while feeding spells to Yogg Saron.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1380 on: April 26, 2017, 01:38:27 pm »

Who won, though?

I did.

But were you a Warrior? Your opponent could have been trying to play around Mortal Strike while feeding spells to Yogg Saron.

I was a Hunter.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: April 26, 2017, 03:18:51 pm »
+1

Who won, though?

I did.

I was a Hunter.

I thought about an edge case with Drakonid Crusher trying to play around Big Game Hunter and Yogg Saron, but Drakonid Crusher is a Wild card now and it's unlikely that your opponent was holding on to a Wild Arena deck.

It's a pretty depressing misplay.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1382 on: April 29, 2017, 04:54:11 am »

I just played against a Shaman who played three activated Stone Sentinels in a row.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1383 on: May 01, 2017, 03:18:38 am »

I don't get people who pick Poisonous for Volcanosaur. I guess there are some edge case scenarios where it's actually good (like you need it to kill a big minion and you didn't get the +3 Attack option), but sometimes people pick it for no apparent reason at all. It already kills most minions to begin with, why would you need to have Poisonous?

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: May 01, 2017, 08:51:28 am »

I don't get people who pick Poisonous for Volcanosaur. I guess there are some edge case scenarios where it's actually good (like you need it to kill a big minion and you didn't get the +3 Attack option), but sometimes people pick it for no apparent reason at all. It already kills most minions to begin with, why would you need to have Poisonous?

Sometimes I choose Poison because I'm paranoid and think it might be better than Taunt and Deathrattle or I already chose Divine Shield. Turn 7 and beyond, there is a chance Bog Creeper and the 6/10 taunt are coming down pretty soon, or possibly even an opposing Volcanosaur. Poisonous feels like the kind of thing you choose when you are ahead on the board and want to have an answer ready for a big minion (probably with taunt) that can turn things around.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: May 01, 2017, 09:11:42 am »

Ive picked it once, when I had got stealth for the first, and was offered:
Can't be targetted, +3 attack and poisonous.

The poison was more valuable because my opponent's only out was to draw a masdive taunt.  Didnt need the attack.

Outside of edge cases like that, yeah its not usually good.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56]  All

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 22 queries.