Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56  All

Author Topic: Arena General Discussion  (Read 329342 times)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
Re: Arena General Discussion
« Reply #1325 on: August 08, 2016, 10:29:54 am »

I played against this deck at 3-2. Granted, the curve doesn't seem amazing based on the cards I saw, but holy crap that card quality.
That's cawazy.  Tell me you won.  Gooowwwaaaaaannnnn, you know you want to.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12848
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1326 on: August 08, 2016, 10:43:49 am »

I played against this deck at 3-2. Granted, the curve doesn't seem amazing based on the cards I saw, but holy crap that card quality.
That's cawazy.  Tell me you won.  Gooowwwaaaaaannnnn, you know you want to.

I did actually win, but it was a really close game.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: August 16, 2016, 01:58:54 am »

I just beat someone with Rhonin, Moroes, and Hogger. That's a lot of legendaries.

Beat another person with a legendary, then lost to someone with a Ysera.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 02:25:27 am by XerxesPraelor »

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: August 16, 2016, 07:58:28 am »

I just beat someone with Rhonin, Moroes, and Hogger. That's a lot of legendaries.

Rhonin and Hogger are great and decent picks. I'm having trouble imagining what legendaries I would pick Moroes over, though (maybe darkfisher and majordomo).
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: August 16, 2016, 11:16:34 am »

Rhonin and Hogger are great and decent picks. I'm having trouble imagining what legendaries I would pick Moroes over, though (maybe darkfisher and majordomo).

Eh maybe Moroes is better in Arena where AoE is more scarce and baiting it with one card can work out, and long games are maybe more common in Arena.

I remember having an Arena run where I had like 4-5 legendaries. It didn't do particularly well.

Edit: Then again Mages like those Twilight Flamecallers in Arena these days.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 01:40:28 pm by markusin »

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: August 16, 2016, 02:31:33 pm »

Moroes definitely benefits a lot from the loss of the offering bonuses for Twilight Flamecaller and Ravaging Ghoul, though Maelstrom Portal is an issue now. He's kind of a like a perma-stealthed Imp Master if you squint at him, I can understand picking over some of the truly useless legendaries.

Edit: Looks like the Lightforge has Moroes at a 54, which is tied with stuff like Faerie Dragon, Stonesplinter Trogg, and Razorfen Hunter. Imp Master is a 62. http://thelightforge.com/TierList
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 02:38:02 pm by ycz6 »

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: August 16, 2016, 09:38:00 pm »

It's not that Moroes is bad. I guess a better comparison is where Moroes ranks with other legendaries because when you draft him you have to pick him over two other legendaries.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: August 22, 2016, 03:29:10 am »

I'm drafted a random arena deck - so far I'm 3-0, but I'm guessing I'll end up 3-3.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: August 23, 2016, 10:29:54 pm »

Ugh I keep drafting shitty decks.  How is it that every other deck I play against has at least one legendary, three Bog Creepers, and at least one board clear?  Meanwhile I can never draw my 1-drops on time.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: August 24, 2016, 01:52:41 am »
+1

Somehow I drafted an Arena deck where Bolster is the MVP card. I saw it in the draft after picking up a ton of Taunts, and figured it was worth a shot. It's been nuts.

Bolster
Fiery War Axe x2
Flame Juggler
Mad Bomber
Slam
Sunfury Protector
Unstable Ghoul
--------------------------
Argent Horserider
Bash
Blackwing Technician
Emperor Cobra
Fierce Monkey
Illuminator
Shattered Sun Cleric
Shield Block
Bloodhoof Brave x2
Cyclopian Horror
Frigid Snobold
Mortal Strike
Frostwolf Warlorrd
Pit Fighter
Psych-o-Tron x 2
Boulderfist Ogre
Frost Elemental
Bog Creeper
Clockwork Giant

At 4-2, but it should be a lot higher given my card quality. I got too greedy in a few games and got punished for it.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: August 24, 2016, 05:35:54 am »
+1

Ugh I keep drafting shitty decks.  How is it that every other deck I play against has at least one legendary, three Bog Creepers, and at least one board clear?  Meanwhile I can never draw my 1-drops on time.
This seems a good time to mention a loss I suffered at 2-1 recently. 
My deck was decent, I was doing OK.  Can't remember even what class it was, but it hardly matters.

Turn 7: I had a damaged 5/4 Pit Fighter up, and about 5 cards.  He had about 5 cards and no board, his turn. He plays Cairne.  "OK", I think, "that trades with my pit Fighter, and I'll put up a decent board.  I played 3 or 4 mid-sized sticky minions, can't remember them exactly.

Turn 8: He plays Kel-Thuzad and trades his Cairne.  So his board ends up KT, Cairne, Baine.  Somehow (I can't for the life of me remember how) I clear everything but leaving up just a 4/5 Baine on his board, and I still have a 4/5 or something (the specifics of what's on my board are pretty irrelevant to this).

Anyway, coupla turns, punchline:
N'Zoth.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: September 02, 2016, 07:12:29 pm »

Haven't been playing as much lately, but just drafted a Paladin Menagerie deck that went really far:

1 x Goldshire Footman
1 x Gadgetzan Lancer
1 x Holy Strength
1 x Argent Protector
1 x Equality
1 x Faerie Dragon
1 x Jeweled Scarab
1 x Netherspite Historian
1 x Youthful Brewmaster
1 x Blackwing Technician
2 x Muster
1 x Nightbane Templar
1 x Pantry Spider
1 x Seal of Champions
1 x Sword of Justice
2 x Zoobot
1 x Consecration
1 x Gnomish Inventor
1 x Keeper of Alduman
1 x Murloc Knight
1 x Stormwind Knight
1 x Azure Drake
1 x Solemn Vigil
2 x Tigers
1 x Tuskarr Jouster
1 x Moat Lurker
1 x Eadric the Pure

Been really impressed with Moat Lurkers and Nightbane Templars. Less so with Zoobots even though they almost always hit in this deck. Eadric is really good too.

Edit: Ended up going 10-3. 170 gold a pack, a gold common and a normal rare. Pretty good!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 07:31:22 pm by Jorbles »

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: September 14, 2016, 01:53:10 am »

Playing at 1-1 in Arena.

My opponent plays Yogg. Yogg casts: Ancestral Knowledge (draws 2 cards), Brawl (Yogg survives, killing my 1 minion), Call of the Wild. wtf. (Might've cast 1 other spell too, can't remember what that one did.)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: September 14, 2016, 03:18:59 pm »

Current run:

Leper Gnome
Worgen Infiltrator

A Light in the Darkness
Bloodfen Raptor
Equality
Gilblin Stalker
Haunted Creeper
Huge Toad x2
Shielded Minibot
Youthful Brewmaster

Earthen Ring Farseer
Ironbeak Owl
Muster for Battle
Pantry Spider
Questing Adventurer
Seal of Champions
Sword of Justice
Violet Illusionist

Arcanosmith
Consecration
Dark Iron Dwarf
Piloted Shredder

Captain Greenskin
Cult Apothecary
Solemn Vigil
Spectral Knight

Boulderfist Ogre
Ivory Knight

Faceless Behemoth

Currently 3-0, all against Mages.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: September 14, 2016, 04:15:06 pm »

Update!  Currently 5-2.  To win the fifth game, my opponent was at 4 health, I had discovered a Holy Wrath through Ivory Knight, and I figured "fuck it", Holy Wrath'd the Mage's face (even though there was a North Sea Kraken on the board), and drew... a Piloted Shredder!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: September 14, 2016, 04:28:05 pm »

The variance these days is making it waaaay harder for me to go north of 6 wins. I used to average around 6 with a decent number of higher spikes... now I probably average between 4 & 5, but the cluster is a lot tighter. I very rarely fail to hit 3, usually end at 4 or 5, and get the occasional 6.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: September 14, 2016, 08:41:39 pm »

I got about 6 mage runs in a row (one of which had 3 legendaries, one of which was Dr. Boom and 3 firelands portals), which got me on my first semi-infinite streak. But now I lost my luck and drafted a horrible shaman deck.

So much comes down to the combination of average card quality and early game luck.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 08:44:20 pm by XerxesPraelor »

Titandrake

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: September 18, 2016, 05:01:31 am »

I'm discovering that Fool's Bane is a great card for turning even boards into winning boards. It basically reads "take 10-20 damage, clear your enemy's board", and if you're even slightly ahead on tempo you can often swing for enough to either win or threaten lethal next turn.

I have the 3 mana 4/3 minion with "Your hero is Immune on your turn" in my current run. Hopefully I get to pull that combo off and ruin someone's day.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: September 18, 2016, 02:23:51 pm »

Okay, this deck is actually amazing. I'm 6-0 right now and only 1 game has felt close.

N'Zoth's First Mate
---------------------
Explosive Sheep x2
Flame Juggler
Gilbiln Stalker
Loot Hoarder
Pompous Thespian
Wild Pyromancer
--------------------
Bash
Earthen Ring Farser
Frothing Berzerker
Ravaging Ghoul
Scarlet Crusader
Violet Illusionist
Zoobot
----------------------
Death's Bite
Mechanical Yeti
Spellbreaker x2
-----------------------
Bomb Lobber
Cult Apothecary
Fool's Bane
Frostwolf Warlord
Spiteful Smith
-----------------------
Argent Commander
Boulderfist Ogre
Mogor's Champion
Shieldmaiden
Sunwalker
-----------------------
Captured Jormungar

Fun things this deck has done:
- Attack with a 10/3 Frothing Berzerker on turn 4, thanks to Ravaging Ghoul and N'zoth's First Mate clearing my opponent's board 1 ping at a time.
- Healed 10 health with Cult Apothecary, then 3 health with Earthen Ring Farseer, then Bash, then Shieldmaiden, letting me bait my opponent into keeping Fel Reaver alive long enough to mill all their cards.
- Facing a board full of 2/3 and 3/3 minions with Death's Bite with 1 charge, drop Frothing Berzerker + Explosive Sheep, attack to do 3 to everything, then use the Stealth spare part to hide my 17/1 Frothing Berzerker, right after my opponent used their last AoE.
- Get lethal through a Sunwalker by equipping Fool's Bane and attacking Sunwalker 3 times. Turns out taking 12 to remove 1 minion is on occasion worth it.
- Watch opponent frantically use a Corruption discovered by Dark Peddler, and laughing as I use Spellbreaker to silence it off.

I think I've been getting a little lucky, but I also have really good card quality and synergy. This deck is so goofy and I love it.

Edit: Ugh, 7-3. First loss was my fault, I didn't figure out the right board clear in time. The other two losses were less clearly my fault - fighting through Polymorph and 2 Firelands Portals is hard. Fighting through Blizzard, Firelands Portal, Flamestrike, then Fireball is also hard.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 12:05:45 am by Titandrake »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: September 19, 2016, 01:12:46 am »

Edit: Ugh, 7-3.

I think it's some sort of karmic law that as soon as you post your awesome deck in this thread, you are guaranteed to start losing.  Lesson learned: don't talk about your deck until you finish your run.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: September 20, 2016, 11:25:08 pm »

Edit: Ugh, 7-3.

I think it's some sort of karmic law that as soon as you post your awesome deck in this thread, you are guaranteed to start losing.  Lesson learned: don't talk about your deck until you finish your run.

People talk about decks that are performing well, meaning they're more likely to be lucky. A combination of harder games later in the Arena run and regression to the mean explains it well enough.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: September 22, 2016, 01:18:45 pm »

I just went 3-3 with a deck with 2xFWA,3x ghoul,Fool's Bane,Malkorok,Deathwing, reasonable curve. Never drew the Malkorok, got the deathwing only once, died to burst damage.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: September 22, 2016, 02:48:53 pm »

Bwahaha, I just finished 4-3 with a Hunter deck that had 2 four cost, 7 three cost, and 21 two-or-less cost. I had 4 Quick Shot's... which are surprisingly decent draw in a deck like this. :D
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Titandrake

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: October 03, 2016, 01:32:02 am »

Fun fact: in this draft, I took every 5+ cost card that was offered to me, and I still ended with a pretty aggressive curve. Sometimes the game really doesn't want you to have late game bombs.

Argent Squire
Noble Sacrifice
Sacred Trial
-------------------
Acidic Swamp Ooze
Doomsayer
Faerie Dragon
Pompous Thespian x2
Ship's Cannon
-------------------
Acolyte of Pain
Aldor Peacekeeper
Jungle Panter
Muster for Battle
Wolfrider x2
-------------------
Aberrant Berserker
Arcanosmith
Blessing of Kings
Dark Iron Dwarf
Evil Heckler
Keeper of Uldaman x2
Murloc Knight
Refreshment Vendor
Sen'jin Shieldmasta x2
---------------------
Quartermaster
Spiteful Smith
---------------------
Archmage
Ivory Knight

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: October 04, 2016, 01:53:15 am »

Backstab
Swashburglar
Dire Wolf Alpha
Eviscerate
Flame Juggler
Gang Up
Sap
Burgle
Deadly Fork x 2
Earthen Ring Farseer
Fan of Knives
Harvest Golem
Pantry Spider
Shattered Sun Cleric
Squirming Tentacle
Violet Illusionist
Zoobot
Evil Heckler
Gnomish Inventor
Silvermoon Guardian
Xaril, Poisoned Mind
Pit Fighter
Recruiter
Shado-Pan Rider
Stormpike Commando
Stranglethorn Tiger
Sylvanas Windrunner
Bog Creeper
Grotesque Dragonhawk

I feel like I have some strong cards and some mediocre/decent ones. Not much removal, though. Currently 4-0.

[EDIT:] And I went on to promptly lose 3 in a row. :P First game was against a Shaman that got a start that was impossible to keep up with. Felt like playing constructed. Then I got to play against a Druid that got an aggressive start followed by big minions on curve. Third game was more fun. He got a decent start, but went face, so I could control the board a bit. Ended up in a topdecking situation where I had four smaller minions (surprising, right?) and he had nothing. He got the 9/7 Kraken guy that pings for 4. I traded basically all of my board for it, and dropped a new minion. He then got an Ironbeak Owl, getting rid of a Divine Shield. I killed it and dropped the minion I drew. He topdecked another Kraken. I drew a Flame Juggler that needed to hit the Kraken. It didn't.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 02:30:27 am by Lekkit »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56  All

Page created in 0.427 seconds with 21 queries.