Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 56  All

Author Topic: Arena General Discussion  (Read 329213 times)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
Re: Arena General Discussion
« Reply #1025 on: October 26, 2015, 01:35:04 pm »

Drafted Miracle Rogue! 2 Gadgetzans! 10 Spells! It's been pretty fun. No one prioritizes killing the Gadgetzan because they seem to think you must be out of spells by now:

http://www.heartharena.com/arena-run/g4qz9a

Runs not over yet, but I feel like I might not make it much further.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: October 26, 2015, 01:36:51 pm »

Silly Heartharena thinks you're playing Temporogue.

I wish it was more commonly the case that Hearthstone drafting had to do with synergy.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 26, 2015, 02:17:44 pm »

Yeah, it's unfortunate that you can rarely rely on having synergies like this. I got pretty lucky to get offered the second Auctioneer, which basically took the deck to the next level.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 27, 2015, 12:46:27 pm »

Ended up going 10 wins with it. Pretty good deck. People with better Rogue decks turned out to be its downfall. Could have maybe gone 12 with it if I'd been a little bit better/luckier.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 28, 2015, 03:48:23 pm »

A nice 0-3 here: http://www.heartharena.com/arena-run/y5n90i

Opened a golden Dreadclaw or whatever his name is -- the 4/2 hunter legendary that whirlwinds everyone else each turn.

Should I dust it for something else?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 28, 2015, 04:22:08 pm »

I feel like that's a card that'll be really good at some point, but currently has no use. I wouldn't dust it, but would probably just do some deck experimenting to see if it's usable.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: October 28, 2015, 04:31:37 pm »

I feel like that's a card that'll be really good at some point, but currently has no use. I wouldn't dust it, but would probably just do some deck experimenting to see if it's usable.

Some comments on the card (Dreadscale) is that it fits into a Control Hunter deck, where it replaces part of your Wild Pyro combo cards -- maybe reducing your Wild Pyro count to 1.

It can be a single target removal with Hunter's Mark, it's a Whirlwind, it's a few things.  I don't have Ghazilla or Acidmaw, though, so not sure if I can really build the deck it needs.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 28, 2015, 04:39:23 pm »

Dreadmaw seems really good to me.  I keep telling myself maybe no one plays it because they don't want to craft it.

It almost answers muster, that's gotta be good right?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: October 28, 2015, 04:51:54 pm »

Yeah I think the only it isn't used is because it's a hunter card. But perhaps someday it'll be good. I'd keep it, but then again I dont need much dust. Unless you need a really good card now, keep it.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: October 28, 2015, 04:59:44 pm »

Also, I'm not surprised that deck didnt go far. Not enough early game in a class that really needs to curve out well to win games. Of course your late game is amazing.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: October 28, 2015, 05:05:14 pm »

Also, I'm not surprised that deck didnt go far. Not enough early game in a class that really needs to curve out well to win games. Of course your late game is amazing.

Oof, your early game is weak.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 28, 2015, 05:32:03 pm »

Yeah.  A good amount of removal, but I was always behind.  Draft didn't give me much to work with.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 28, 2015, 06:48:57 pm »

Yeah.  A good amount of removal, but I was always behind.  Draft didn't give me much to work with.

There isn't much removal either. Lightning Bolt is good, but Earth Shock and Frost Shock are not removal. Earth Shock removes a few minion because of the silence, or if you get lucky with a spell dmg totem. Forked lightning isn't that great because of the overload, but can clear two things, again if you get lucky with what your opponent plays. Also not enough 3 drops to compensate for the lack of 2 drops.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 29, 2015, 05:18:44 am »

There isn't much removal either. Lightning Bolt is good, but Earth Shock and Frost Shock are not removal. Earth Shock removes a few minion because of the silence, or if you get lucky with a spell dmg totem. Forked lightning isn't that great because of the overload, but can clear two things, again if you get lucky with what your opponent plays. Also not enough 3 drops to compensate for the lack of 2 drops.

I had two Storms, which I thought was good.  I also had Lightning Bolt, Crackle, and Hex.  I wasn't counting the Shocks.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 29, 2015, 07:32:57 am »

I had two Storms, which I thought was good.  I also had Lightning Bolt, Crackle, and Hex.  I wasn't counting the Shocks.

Storm is good, but only if you're ahead. The overload slows you down, and if you have no board, then they just more minions down and you have a weak next turn.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 29, 2015, 11:03:01 am »

Overload is my least favorite mechanic in this game.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 29, 2015, 11:03:59 am »

Overload is my least favorite mechanic in this game.

And it sucks extra in arena.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 29, 2015, 11:19:49 am »

In magic was Echo, where you played a creature for its battlecry, and then you chose whether to pay another cost the next turn to actually keep the creature and use it to fight.  This shared the unique tempo aspect of overload, but presented players with interesting choices that gave good players an opportunity to make better choices.

Hearthstone design isn't really about that.  Hearthstone design is more about, screw Shamans, they don't need to have nice things.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 29, 2015, 11:40:49 am »

In magic was Echo, where you played a creature for its battlecry, and then you chose whether to pay another cost the next turn to actually keep the creature and use it to fight.  This shared the unique tempo aspect of overload, but presented players with interesting choices that gave good players an opportunity to make better choices.

Hearthstone design isn't really about that.  Hearthstone design is more about, screw Shamans, they don't need to have nice things.

Yeah, Echo was neat.

I'm really enjoying Shaman right now but my decklist doesn't include much from Shaman, maybe 6 cards. 2 x fire elemental, 2 x hex, 2 x reincarnate.  The rest is fun with deathrattle.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 29, 2015, 11:53:02 am »

Yeah, Echo was neat.

I'm really enjoying Shaman right now but my decklist doesn't include much from Shaman, maybe 6 cards. 2 x fire elemental, 2 x hex, 2 x reincarnate.  The rest is fun with deathrattle.

If you can power through Blackrock, add Lava Shock, and it makes Overload cards rather better.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 29, 2015, 12:24:01 pm »

Yeah, Echo was neat.

If you can power through Blackrock, add Lava Shock, and it makes Overload cards rather better.

I'll start a new thread to discuss when I have a moment to snag my decklist, but overload cards aren't really relevant to the Deathrattle abuse I'm doing currently.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 29, 2015, 02:48:10 pm »

You need create a lot of tempo with overload for it to be worth it. Elemental destruction is the right way to do overload, because it does a lot for cheap on one turn. The problem is that it clears the board, so it's very conditional. Something like boulder fist for 1 mana, overload 10 might work. But ramp just beats it so much. You get a big creature this turn and your cost is an extra card, not an extra turn.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 29, 2015, 02:54:05 pm »

Elemental destruction is cold stone unplayable so I'm not sure how you can call it "the right way to do overload"

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1048 on: October 29, 2015, 03:06:24 pm »

Elemental destruction is cold stone unplayable so I'm not sure how you can call it "the right way to do overload"

I don't think it's that bad. It's bad in a lot of situations, but at least it has an enormous effect which sometimes is exactly what you need and that alone is a reason to pick it over other epics that are kind of meh.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 29, 2015, 04:01:21 pm »

I don't think it's that bad. It's bad in a lot of situations, but at least it has an enormous effect which sometimes is exactly what you need and that alone is a reason to pick it over other epics that are kind of meh.
Oh woops, forgot I was in the arena discussion thread.

Yeah, it's quite likely serviceable in Arena.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.