Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 56  All

Author Topic: Arena General Discussion  (Read 329228 times)

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
Re: Arena General Discussion
« Reply #300 on: October 20, 2014, 03:49:48 pm »

I agree that I probably wouldn't have taken it over any of these, and obviously Truesilver is preferable, but you don't always have Truesilver on T4.  Light's Justice lets you deal with minions that Paladin otherwise has no way of dealing with effectively outside Consecration: Loot Hoarder, Scarlet Crusader, Sunwalker, etc.  A T1 Light's Justice, just holding onto the charges, is a hugely advantageous tempo play even if you do draw a Truesilver later on.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 20, 2014, 07:37:45 pm »

Light Justice is completely fine in Arena, it does it job of finishing off minions or killing 2/1s quite effectively (for 1 mana).

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 20, 2014, 11:34:42 pm »

Light's justice is good value for the main, and it's not a sin to replace it with Truesilver prematurely if needed.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 21, 2014, 08:23:08 pm »

Finally got a 12-win. Deck was pretty sick:

Quite often I ended the game with double Fireball, and I didn't have to be careful saving polymoprhs as I had so many.
Got a pack, ~240 gold, Golden Flame Imp and Golden Feral Spirit.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 21, 2014, 08:46:35 pm »

I finally got around to entering a draft on arena mastery. http://arenamastery.com/QbhP
Thoughts? This isn't an amazing draft, but I'm just looking for some feedback for improvement purposes.

2: I'd definitely take Hand of Pro. It's situational, but it can be good. Essentially an extra copy of a minion from your board provided you would have been able to trade it. That's worth a card, and more than 1 mana.
5: Zombie >> Kobold
6: Wolfrider > Kobold. If you had multiple consecrations or something then maybe...
15: I think Mad Bomber > Guardian. I've heard people say they don't like Bomber in Pally because it will kill their tokens, but I don't buy that. It's one of the best 2-drops, and if you have a bunch of tokens out, just don't play it...
17: Aco >> Redemption
20: 2/3 of the way through the draft and only 1 buff (Cleric). Imp Master is not looking great. Either of the other 2 are better.
29: Cobra > Blademaster for anyone but Priest. Unless you're going face, it's infinity/3 vs 4/3...

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 21, 2014, 09:16:11 pm »

Cobra doesn't go through Divine Shield. So not exactly infinity/3.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 21, 2014, 09:31:58 pm »

Cobra doesn't go through Divine Shield. So not exactly infinity/3.

Well, 1000000000/3 doesn't go through Divine Shield either. So yeah, kinda exactly infinity/3.

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 22, 2014, 03:47:37 am »

I finally got around to entering a draft on arena mastery. http://arenamastery.com/QbhP
Thoughts? This isn't an amazing draft, but I'm just looking for some feedback for improvement purposes.
20: 2/3 of the way through the draft and only 1 buff (Cleric). Imp Master is not looking great. Either of the other 2 are better.
I think you are underrating Imp Master and wildly overrating Questing Adventurer. Twilight Drake is probably the right pick, since he doesn't have any real 4-drops, but there are very few draft situations in which I would take Questing Adventurer over Imp Master.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 22, 2014, 01:53:58 pm »

The difference between Imp Master and Adventurer is that Imp Master is much better on turn 3, and Adventurer is better later. On a small amount of mana, your opponent can't clear Imp Master very easily, but later on the tokens are moderately useless if you can't buff them. Adventurer is generally fine all the time. If you play it with another card, it's at least a 3/3 for 3, no problem. Turn 3 it's 2/2 until your next turn, so it can die to their 2/3 or something, so it has that downside, but usually it's not a problem and acts like a 3/3 by the time it gets to attack.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 22, 2014, 09:01:45 pm »

So I ended up going 6-3 with that Paladin deck. Pretty good for it's composition. Leeroy was actually pretty useful (especially if you could Consecrecation away the extra minions you could play him without having to win immediately). 125 gold and a Pit Lord, an Upgrade, +15 dust in the pack.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:09:06 pm by Jorbles »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #310 on: October 25, 2014, 02:18:08 pm »

Just went 11-3 with a Priest deck. Is there any way to recover the decklist now that I've already finished?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 25, 2014, 02:33:33 pm »

^Not once you've clicked the key, except by memory.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 27, 2014, 12:09:18 am »

First time with arena mastery. Not the most amazing draft (very few spells) but I'm not disappointed by any means.

http://arenamastery.com/sZUK

Edit: 2-2 so far. Flows nicely when it's ahead, has almost no ways to get back into it when behind, by the time the Fire Elementals kick in I'm often too low on health.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 12:45:19 am by Titandrake »
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 27, 2014, 01:02:43 am »

First time with arena mastery. Not the most amazing draft (very few spells) but I'm not disappointed by any means.

http://arenamastery.com/sZUK

Edit: 2-2 so far. Flows nicely when it's ahead, has almost no ways to get back into it when behind, by the time the Fire Elementals kick in I'm often too low on health.

I'd have gone with Egg over the coldlight oracle. I know you had no real ways to activate, but there's a good chance you get flametongue as well as other buff minions. Also fire elementals can activate and its AoE protection for your totems. Coldlight is often better for your opponent.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 01, 2014, 12:05:52 pm »

I just played a druid in arena at the 0-0 mark that went Innervate->hero power turn 1. I also countered a naturalize with spellbender in the same game.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: November 03, 2014, 10:53:00 am »

Pretty pleased with this draft so far:
http://arenamastery.com/Il2X
(the draft was actually interrupted and started again, I didn't last draft a far seer, but I can't remember what I was picking that against and put it in last)

Right now it's 2-0.

Edit: 3-0 but off to work now.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 11:07:20 am by Jorbles »

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 04, 2014, 12:05:14 pm »

Pretty pleased with this draft so far:
http://arenamastery.com/Il2X
(the draft was actually interrupted and started again, I didn't last draft a far seer, but I can't remember what I was picking that against and put it in last)

Right now it's 2-0.

Edit: 3-0 but off to work now.

Ended up going 7-3 which I feel very good about. I think I could have maybe won one of the games I lost, but the other two I was thoroughly thumped in. Overall this I think shows how frigging valuable weapons are in arena. (This deck had 5 + an upgrade). That and Frothing Berserkers and Earthen Ring Far Seers are not only really good, but also really good together. I won at least 4 games on the backs of Frothing Berserkers (often kept alive by well timed Far Seers).

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 07, 2014, 02:48:21 am »
+1

Just got 11-3 :( So close to be defeated by the final boss. Still the best I've ever done.

http://arenamastery.com/4Ou5

The last game was a total stomp everything just worked out for my opponent. I'd summon a healing totem he'd play a northshire cleric. I'd play a Gnomish Inventor with a totem out and he'd Kodo the inventor. Sighhhh. Still really really good run, and definitely the best draft I've ever had. I should have had another shot at the last game, but I misplayed my 11th game pretty badly. Two big mistakes that let my opponent get free attacks on me. So I didn't totally deserve to go all the way.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 09, 2014, 07:56:55 pm »
+2

Wooh! I just made it into the 12-win club, and with a Priest of all classes.

http://arenamastery.com/HrsI

Overall, I was really happy with the draft. The final deck was a almost purely value-based and very similar to the Priest decks you find in constructed. I didn't get anything special in the 2 packs I won.

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 10, 2014, 09:05:48 pm »

Wow, sick draft. I think I'd take the second Mind Control over War Golem, since you had some decent lategame minions already, but aside from that and the Weblord every one of your picks was solidly above average.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 10, 2014, 09:36:38 pm »

Wow, sick draft. I think I'd take the second Mind Control over War Golem, since you had some decent lategame minions already, but aside from that and the Weblord every one of your picks was solidly above average.
Thinking about the draft, I think it was as close as you can get to a perfect draft. The Weblord wasn't great but it wasn't disastrous either. However, the War Golem turned out to be very effective. I figured taking the second Mind Control would make it harder to get an advantage before turn 10, but it was a close decision and I would have taken it over something worse than War Golem.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 10, 2014, 09:49:09 pm »

Thinking about the draft, I think it was as close as you can get to a perfect draft. The Weblord wasn't great but it wasn't disastrous either. However, the War Golem turned out to be very effective. I figured taking the second Mind Control would make it harder to get an advantage before turn 10, but it was a close decision and I would have taken it over something worse than War Golem.

More questionable was Zombie Chow > Silver Hand Knight at #4, Thoughtsteal > Dark Iron Dwarf & SW:Death at #13, and Shadow Madness > Azure & Auchenai at #20.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 10, 2014, 11:09:40 pm »

Thoughtsteal isn't that good in arena as you mostly get medium strength minions. SW:D Is great as is DID. I think under most cases you take those two over thoughtsteal.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 22, 2014, 01:46:20 pm »

I did it! I finally made it into the 12 win club!

http://arenamastery.com/arena.php?arena=413745

I had an okay draft, I didn't think it would make it to 12, but the strength of this deck is that it is really good at playing to curve it turns out. Most games were won by very efficient mana usage (that and Hunter's ability putting pressure on in the end game). The last pick Mana Wraith turned out to be the right decision and actually won me early game tempo a few times which let me win. I don't remember who posted about it, but I want to thank them because I never would have picked it over a Defender of Argus otherwise. My early game was a little weak, so I was considering it, but I probably wouldn't have picked it if I hadn't read some stuff here about how it's not as bad as it looks when used correctly.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 22, 2014, 01:54:49 pm »

^ I don't remember the conversation specifically about Mama Wraith. I do remember the praise for Pint-sized Summoner and the 2/2's for 2 in general.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.