Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44  All

Author Topic: Constructed General Discussion  (Read 270533 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Re: Constructed General Discussion
« Reply #1050 on: October 03, 2016, 10:03:48 pm »

With the nerf, I just dusted Yoggy into a Ysera.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 04, 2016, 03:13:36 pm »

I dunno how I feel about Rockbiter in my deck now... The 2 cost certainly isn't prohibitive - I actually don't mind it's increase for late game burst off of Doomhammer - that was necessary. It's that I can't use it to clear early turn drops while maintaining my own minions on board.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1052 on: October 04, 2016, 03:18:06 pm »

I dunno how I feel about Rockbiter in my deck now... The 2 cost certainly isn't prohibitive - I actually don't mind it's increase for late game burst off of Doomhammer - that was necessary. It's that I can't use it to clear early turn drops while maintaining my own minions on board.

The reason why it was nerfed was precisely that it was apparently too strong for being used as early game removal.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 04, 2016, 05:49:31 pm »

"You will no longer be able to disenchant extra copies of cards that are not a part of your collection"

What's that mean?

Rockbiter Doomhammer nerf is hella overdue. Charge nerf is overdue and in line with so much other stuff they've done. 

nkirbit

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: October 04, 2016, 06:23:50 pm »
+1

"You will no longer be able to disenchant extra copies of cards that are not a part of your collection"

What's that mean?

Rockbiter Doomhammer nerf is hella overdue. Charge nerf is overdue and in line with so much other stuff they've done.

It's a bugfix.. there was some bug where the number of cards in your collection was being displayed improperly and led to people dusting stuff they didn't intend to, or something like that.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: October 04, 2016, 08:19:39 pm »

The reason why it was nerfed was precisely that it was apparently too strong for being used as early game removal.

Exactly. It's not so much that it nerfs the Doomhammer combo, but it nerfs the versatility of the card as a 1 mana removal for 1-drops and 2-drops. Like, did T1 Coin -> Totem Golem into T2 Rockbiter have to be a thing?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: October 22, 2016, 12:28:40 pm »

Do the new Murloc changes make it more viable?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 22, 2016, 12:34:31 pm »

What is it?
By the way, I think I hate the Murloc changes, it removes some interesting interactions.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: October 22, 2016, 01:21:40 pm »

What is it?
By the way, I think I hate the Murloc changes, it removes some interesting interactions.

Murloc decks.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 22, 2016, 04:59:56 pm »

First Arena run in awhile and I go a measly 2-3 as a Mage.

Open Twin Emperors in the pack.

Finally I can make a halfway decent C'Thun deck without a major dust investment.

Regarding the new quests, they are a pain to complete timewise generally. However, they are more of a sure thing if you are a new player having trouble winning games and they give a decent amount of gold.

The worst was rerolling one of them into the "Play 20 minions costing 5 or more" that only pays out 40 gold. I've always hated that old quest.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: October 23, 2016, 12:28:05 am »

I'm glad the new quests don't requre wins to get gold. I had the warrior mastery quest and won only one game out of about six. Apparently I suck with control warrior (which is what I was attempting to play). What's wrong with this deck?

inner rage
shield slam (I'd use two but I only have one)
southsea deckhand
whirlwind
armorsmith
bolster
cleave
execute
fiery war axe
mana wraith (I just wanted a 2 cost minion, and thought this would be good when I'm focussing on shields and weapons.)
sparring partner
acolyte of pain
bash
fierce monkey
protect the king
ravaging ghoul
shield block (2)
violet illusionist (2)
arathi weaponsmith
arcanosmith (his floating shield is a good target for inner rage)
korkron elite
arcanite reaper
fool's bane
azure drake
gurubashi berserker
ironforge portal
boulderfist ogre
obsidian destroyer

I recently opened a spiteful smith. Would that be worth including?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 12:34:26 am by LibraryAdventurer »

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 23, 2016, 01:18:58 am »

Control decks are sensitive to having the necessary cards. Budget control decks don't really work. IMO if you don't have the cards to build a netdeck (or close), I'd suggest just playing a faster deck archetype. All the meta Warrior decks are expensive these days, but maybe face warrior can still pick up some wins?

As for specifically what the deck lacks, what jumps out to me first is that every CW deck will run 2 shield slam, 2 execute, 2 fiery war axe. These are all extremely powerful removal spells, and in some sense double shield slam is the core of the CW archetype, because it allows using armor offensively, which has synergy with otherwise-defensive cards like shield block. Key missing legendaries: Justicar Trueheart (Tank Up is vital), Grom Hellscream (10 damage finisher, and in a pinch can be used for board control).

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 23, 2016, 01:50:18 am »

I don't have either of those legendaries, but I could craft a second shield slam...
(I hate J Trueheart. I can't wait till he rotates out of standard.)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 23, 2016, 11:26:51 pm »

Control Warriors will also run 2 Brawls and Sylvanas.  And at least one Gorehowl.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: October 24, 2016, 12:17:50 am »

Control Warriors will also run 2 Brawls and Sylvanas.  And at least one Gorehowl.
Don't have any of those.  How bout I call it a weapon-focussed warrior instead of control warrior? I don't need a deck that fits into one of those prebuilt deck lists. It doesn't need to beat everything, just get a few wins.

PS: Along with Standard and Wild, we need a no-legendary mode.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 12:21:14 am by LibraryAdventurer »

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: October 24, 2016, 07:33:36 am »

That doesn't really solve anything, there are top-tier decks without any legendaries.

I don't like the new quests by the way, they incentivize me to play the game without trying to win, which turns out to be not very fun.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 24, 2016, 07:38:39 am »
+1

That doesn't really solve anything, there are top-tier decks without any legendaries.

I don't like the new quests by the way, they incentivize me to play the game without trying to win, which turns out to be not very fun.
It solves something in the sense that early players (with few/no legendaries) often feel the game is unfair if they keep getting placed against players with tons of legendaries.  It may not actually be the case that the better decks are full of legendaries, but that's not the point. 
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 24, 2016, 09:43:42 am »

I hate it because every one so far is wanting me to play hunter (or at least beast cards). Also, it looks like the odds of getting >50 gold quests just went down significantly. If it's helping the new guy, that's fine. I mean, really, can't complain about these things.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: February 19, 2017, 02:28:34 pm »

The Year of the Mammoth announcements got me to stop hoarding dust and craft a Ragnaros. Now I've got the full Hall of Fame set. Which means I'll be getting 3200 dust (plus whatever you get for the commons and rares) come new year launch. You guys still playing Hearthstone make sure you've got those built for the free dust?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: February 19, 2017, 02:32:20 pm »

Lol, nevermind noticed everyone had discussed in the Anyone Learned thread.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: February 23, 2017, 07:08:39 pm »

I've been experimenting with Sunfury Protector and Lance Carrier in my Dragon Priest deck that got to Rank 5 this season.

The Sunfury Protector helps give additional value to big drops and those buffed by Kabal Talonpriest so that they can't by simply bypassed. The Lance Carrier though, my thinking is that Standard Priest has been hurting for Velen's Chosen up until now. I think Priest wouldn't have been struggling so much post-Standard if they could turn even their smallest 1/2 and 1/3 bodies (i.e. Museum Curator, Northshire Cleric, Netherspite Historian) into sizable threats that can actually trade into stuff if ignored. Dragon Priest minions have been getting sturdy enough that a poor substitute for Velen's Chosen in the form of Lance Carrier can still be handy in a variety of situations as added reach that also plays to Priest's strength of keeping stuff alive. It works with Brann too.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: February 28, 2017, 01:58:14 am »

I've been experimenting with Sunfury Protector and Lance Carrier in my Dragon Priest deck that got to Rank 5 this season.

The Sunfury Protector helps give additional value to big drops and those buffed by Kabal Talonpriest so that they can't by simply bypassed. The Lance Carrier though, my thinking is that Standard Priest has been hurting for Velen's Chosen up until now. I think Priest wouldn't have been struggling so much post-Standard if they could turn even their smallest 1/2 and 1/3 bodies (i.e. Museum Curator, Northshire Cleric, Netherspite Historian) into sizable threats that can actually trade into stuff if ignored. Dragon Priest minions have been getting sturdy enough that a poor substitute for Velen's Chosen in the form of Lance Carrier can still be handy in a variety of situations as added reach that also plays to Priest's strength of keeping stuff alive. It works with Brann too.

Why not just run abusive? It combo's with brann too, is half the mana, and sure the buff doesn't stay, but if you're not buffing hp it'll probably have the same effect, and the 1 less hp won't matter much vs aggro.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: February 28, 2017, 08:30:40 am »

Why not just run abusive? It combo's with brann too, is half the mana, and sure the buff doesn't stay, but if you're not buffing hp it'll probably have the same effect, and the 1 less hp won't matter much vs aggro.

Abusive Sergeant at one mana less is definitely an option, but I feel right now I want a card that puts more pressure on d are more passive to start like Reno Mage, Jade Druid and other Priests. I think the main motivation to try Lance Carrier was the existence of Kabal Talonpriest. Dragon Priest these days can field a lot of 6+ health minions that can trade multiple times. A 1/6 Netherspite Historian or 2/7 Wyrmrest Agent is begging for an attack buff. Velen's Chosen used cover this role. A second Defender of Argus is another option.

Anyone try Pirate Paladin? I mean, I don't see why any class with enough early weapons wouldn't want to give the Pirate Package a shot. Paladin has Light's Justice, Argent Lance, Rallying Blade, and old Truesilver Champion. Divine Favor is still a thing, and now there is Small Time Recruits for an alternative/additional draw option. I can't wait for Small Time Buckaneer to get "nerfed" to 1HP so I can give it Divine Shield with Steward or Darkshire and make opponents shake their head. I haven't played it enough to see how it deals with more naturally defensive decks.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: February 28, 2017, 05:23:36 pm »

Update today.  Small-Time Buccaneer and Spirit Claws have been nerfed, and the Poisonous keyword has been added, and Arena is now Standard.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 28, 2017, 07:20:53 pm »

Update today.  Small-Time Buccaneer and Spirit Claws have been nerfed, and the Poisonous keyword has been added, and Arena is now Standard.

But no daily login rewards, sadly. I expect those to turn up around March 17th when more cards from the next expansion will be revealed.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.