Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44  All

Author Topic: Constructed General Discussion  (Read 270400 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Constructed General Discussion
« Reply #950 on: April 30, 2016, 03:36:01 am »

Zoolock doesn't really need all that much burst. It's not a face deck.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 30, 2016, 04:58:47 am »

True, but from what I've seen, this new incarnation has some issues closing out games.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 30, 2016, 05:41:10 am »

Zoolock is insane. I'm running a list similar to the one Kripp showed in a video. The tempo sea giants, Volcanic drake and constant minion spam mean that without AoE, which a lot of decks don't run too much of, you win so fast its crazy.

Video link?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 30, 2016, 05:43:54 am »

Cthun decks all look like crap to me OTOH. You play River Crocs, Spider Tanks and Yetis and.. a giant bomb to finish it off? Wow, so not impressed.

I suspect some classes have it better than others with respect to C'thun.  Druid and Priest have insane C'Thun synergy, while Paladin and Shaman have nothing.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #954 on: April 30, 2016, 05:46:36 am »

Zoolock is insane. I'm running a list similar to the one Kripp showed in a video. The tempo sea giants, Volcanic drake and constant minion spam mean that without AoE, which a lot of decks don't run too much of, you win so fast its crazy.

Video link?

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 30, 2016, 05:50:21 am »

Cthun decks all look like crap to me OTOH. You play River Crocs, Spider Tanks and Yetis and.. a giant bomb to finish it off? Wow, so not impressed.

I suspect some classes have it better than others with respect to C'thun.  Druid and Priest have insane C'Thun synergy, while Paladin and Shaman have nothing.

I am talking about Druid and Priest and Warriors, as those are classes that run it. Still pretty much horrible IMHO. I don't really see "insane synergy", I see vanilla drops and a bomb that is less impressive as it often struggles to finish off opponent.

Here is Kripp's video:

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 30, 2016, 06:10:12 am »

Ah, I think I faced something similar to this the other day.  Brann + Reliquary Seeker was... impressive.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 30, 2016, 09:19:25 am »

Ah, I think I faced something similar to this the other day.  Brann + Reliquary Seeker was... impressive.

Oh yeah I've pulled that off before Standard hit. Reliquary Seeker is a good example of why Dark Peddler is so good.

Also man Gormok is having a field day with Forbidden Ritual (the tentacle spam card). I immediately recognized the potential of Darkshire Councilman and Implosion 2.0. The Zoolock decks I've seen so far have been formidable. I don't know if they all run Doomguard, but they usually run Power Overwhelming.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 30, 2016, 11:50:04 am »

Oh yeah I've pulled that off before Standard hit. Reliquary Seeker is a good example of why Dark Peddler is so good.

Also man Gormok is having a field day with Forbidden Ritual (the tentacle spam card). I immediately recognized the potential of Darkshire Councilman and Implosion 2.0. The Zoolock decks I've seen so far have been formidable. I don't know if they all run Doomguard, but they usually run Power Overwhelming.

I have Brann in the deck, but have not been impressed to be honest. He hasn't really hit any important battlecries. I do run 2 sea giants, 1 volcanic drake, 1 cult master, 2 knife juggler. You lose to AoE, but many times you just spam more minions so fast that they need a second clear very soon, and if you have board, you get to play your big minions or make crazy tempo turns with Drake and Forbidden Ritual.
I also don't have Gormok, but might craft him for the deck.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #959 on: April 30, 2016, 11:59:13 am »

Gormok is unreal. You just pretty much win if you can play him.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: April 30, 2016, 02:46:38 pm »

Well, I've now gone 0-4 with that Zoo deck.  It just dies to aggro so hard.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: April 30, 2016, 03:03:01 pm »

After plummeting to rank 14 using a bunch of experimental decks I then climbed back up to 9 in an uninterrupted streak with that list.  But people are teching against it now I think.  Struggling a lot more.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 30, 2016, 03:20:10 pm »

After plummeting to rank 14 using a bunch of experimental decks I then climbed back up to 9 in an uninterrupted streak with that list.  But people are teching against it now I think.  Struggling a lot more.

Well, I immediately got a couple wins after posting that.

Nonetheless, I can't help wondering if part of the issue is that the meta at rank 10 is different from the meta where I am at 18/19.

Edit:  Also, I think now everyone knows about COuncilman.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 03:24:16 pm by Kirian »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: April 30, 2016, 05:22:27 pm »

I love it when Counterspell triggers on Map to the Golden Monkey.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: April 30, 2016, 05:32:58 pm »

I've played a little bit of Zoo with success, but I don't particularly like Kripp's list.  Mortal Coil and Cult Master don't fit, as you're not short of ways to push damage or card draw.  Volcanic Drake dies much too easily, and Sea Giant is already taking advantage of cases when you have a large board.  I don't like Horserider either, and am not sure about the Egg.

I've had a lot of success with Tempo Mage.  I'm playing this minus one MC for Sylvanas, and with Arcane Explosion on a stick in place of Forbidden Flame because I don't have it, though I'm not happy with that sub.  Faceless Summoner is amazing, and MC is surprisingly good, although it might not be in the best version of the list.  The 3/2 with spell damage makes Arcane Blast incredibly consistent.

I put N'Zoth in a wild Secret Paladin and never played him in about 10 games. :(

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: April 30, 2016, 07:25:17 pm »

I am running:
Ramp Druid
Never More High (Token Druid)
Malygos Rogue
Yagg Rogue (which is Malygos rogue, but with Yagg instead, everything else is the same).

Yagg is.. interesting, to say at least. You don't have to save spells to make use of him like with Maly, but sometimes he'll summon 6 animal companions and sometimes he'll just sheep himself and fizzle on almost everyhing else. He usually does some face damage tho.

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: May 01, 2016, 04:55:07 am »
+1

I played the Tempo Mage yesterday against a streamer yesterday and learnt something about Yogg, which I'll spoilerify for the unlikely event you want to watch it.  If Sylvanas steals Yogg then he starts casting spells for the opponent!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: May 03, 2016, 03:12:03 pm »

Why is everyone running Flame Juggler all of a sudden?  Did I miss a memo somewhere?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: May 03, 2016, 10:19:00 pm »

Why is everyone running Flame Juggler all of a sudden?  Did I miss a memo somewhere?

What else you going to run for 2 mana?

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 03, 2016, 10:32:54 pm »

What else you going to run for 2 mana?

It's a solid enough pick for any deck that hopes to snowball early on and doesn't have better class-specific options. If it wasn't for Museum Curator I wouldn't be surprised to see Control Priest run it.

I think it was already seeing some use before WotOG, but I could be wrong there.

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: May 04, 2016, 03:58:09 am »

Flame Juggler first appeared in Aggro Shaman after LoE came out.  Shaman has less burn than Hunter, so Aggro Shaman needs to keep the board longer than Face Hunter and the higher health Flame Jugger is better than Knife Juggler for that plan.  It turns out that Flame Juggler is actually just good, so it's become a reasonable choice of 2-drop for a lot of decks (against a very weak field).

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: May 04, 2016, 04:04:50 am »

Flame Juggler first appeared in Aggro Shaman after LoE came out.  Shaman has less burn than Hunter, so Aggro Shaman needs to keep the board longer than Face Hunter and the higher health Flame Jugger is better than Knife Juggler for that plan.  It turns out that Flame Juggler is actually just good, so it's become a reasonable choice of 2-drop for a lot of decks (against a very weak field).
Flame Juggler is so painful sometimes.  It sucks that you can occasionally just win on the back of a turn 1/2 coinflip.  This is usually only going to happen in Arena, but it does happen in constructed occasionally.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

nkirbit

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: May 16, 2016, 08:48:55 pm »
+3

I've been having lots of success with Dog's druid list.  It looks (and is) about the greediest deck possible, but I've done reasonably well in every matchup other than miracle.. and that may just be me not playing well, I'm not sure.

http://imgur.com/SGAXetW ,   plus a Ysera, Y'shaarj, and Yogg-Saron that didn't fit into the picture.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: May 16, 2016, 09:08:48 pm »
+1

I've been having lots of success with Dog's druid list.  It looks (and is) about the greediest deck possible, but I've done reasonably well in every matchup other than miracle.. and that may just be me not playing well, I'm not sure.

http://imgur.com/SGAXetW ,   plus a Ysera, Y'shaarj, and Yogg-Saron that didn't fit into the picture.

He's being modest -- he hit top 50 legendary with this deck! You guys should try it out if you want to climb and have the cards.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: May 17, 2016, 02:11:13 am »
+2

He's being modest -- he hit top 50 legendary with this deck! You guys should try it out if you want to climb and have the cards.

Man, I only need to craft like 5 legendaries...
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.