Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 44  All

Author Topic: Constructed General Discussion  (Read 270714 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
Re: Constructed General Discussion
« Reply #925 on: March 11, 2016, 01:47:46 pm »

f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 11, 2016, 02:12:22 pm »

First minion: Corrupted Hoarder 4 mana 4/2, Deathrattle: Draw a card. Not sure if serious.

Corrupted Dragonhawk
3 mana 3/2
Windfury

Corrupted Squire
3 mana 3/2
Divine Shield

Corrupted Engineer
4 mana 3/2
Battlecry: Draw a card

Corrupted Wolf Alpha
4 mana 4/3
Minions on each side of this Minion have +1 attack

Are these real? I don't see them mentioned anywhere. (Except the Hoarder which appears to be real).

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 11, 2016, 02:17:21 pm »

First minion: Corrupted Hoarder 4 mana 4/2, Deathrattle: Draw a card. Not sure if serious.

Corrupted Dragonhawk
3 mana 3/2
Windfury

Corrupted Squire
3 mana 3/2
Divine Shield

Corrupted Engineer
4 mana 3/2
Battlecry: Draw a card

Corrupted Wolf Alpha
4 mana 4/3
Minions on each side of this Minion have +1 attack

Are these real? I don't see them mentioned anywhere. (Except the Hoarder which appears to be real).

No they aren't real as far as I know. Sorry for the confusion. I should have added a  :P at the end maybe.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 11, 2016, 02:19:36 pm »

Polygon has C'thun and a few of his support cards.

We all get C'thun for free.

http://www.polygon.com/features/2016/3/11/11200586/whispers-of-the-old-gods-hearthstone-expansion-everything-we-know-new-cards-reveal
Man, Stealthed Bronzebeard into C'Thun could be a crazy new combo for Rogue.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 04, 2016, 12:12:09 pm »

I feel the urge to writeup this deck I've been playing as I think it's about to get nerfed when Whispers comes out. Not sure if it'll be playable even in Wild once Force/Savage and maybe BGH are nerfed.

Silent Shout
Druid
2 x Zombie Chow
1 x Ironbeak
2 x Sunfury Protector
2 x Ancient Watcher
2 x Wrath
2 x Deathlord OR Ogre Brute (depends on meta)
1 x BGH
2 x Savage Roar
2 x Wailing Soul
2 x Defender of Argus
2 x Eerie Statue
2 x Swipe
2 x Keeper of the Grove
2 x Fel Reaver
1 x Force of Nature
2 x Ancient of Lore
1 x Dr. Boom

So this deck works like old school Ancient Watcher decks except with the new toys provided by Naxx, GvG and LoE. It's a mid game tempo deck that peaks around turns 4-5 and then tries to close out the game based on a strong board activation with Wailing Soul. There's basically three classes of cards in this deck, cards with great stats for their curve that are in to be silenced (Chow, Ancient Watcher, Deathlord/Ogre Brute, Eerie Statue, Fel Reaver), cards that activate them (Sunfury Protector, Defender of Argus, Keeper of the Grove, Owl and the ultimate activator Wailing Soul) and cards that are just generally great in the Druids kit that don't get hurt much by being silenced (everything else including the FoN/Savage combo).

In the early game, you're trying to get your activatable cards down. Ideal plays on curve are things like turn 1 Chow, turn 2 Watcher/Wrath, turn 3 Deathlord/Brute/Coin + Statue/Coin + Keeper on your Watcher, turn 4 Wailing Soul/Keeper to activate your board, turn 5 Fel Reaver.

If you are playing against Aggro you might want to get a taunt down to slow them down. Try and play the cards that grant taunt AFTER you've silenced activatable minions to protect yourself from Aggro decks while you can still attack with your minions that can't attack until they've been silenced (Watcher/Statue). You basically want to get an Eerie Statue or Fel Reaver to swing at the face a couple times and then finish your opponent off with a Savage Roar. Ancient of Lore, Force and Boom are backup plans in case they manage to deal with your impressive board through some sort of big removal (Equality, Brawl, BGH, Execute, SW:D, Sap are your biggest concerns so try to keep track of how many have been played).

You tend to have more silence than you need to activate your own minions so you get to use some of it on particularly irritating enemy cards like Sylvanas, Eggs, buffed minions and Sludge Belchers.

You want to swing face with your larger minions (Statues and Reavers) and use the smaller bodies and Druid spells to clear the path for them. Don't be afraid to play a Reaver when you can't silence it especially if you already have good board presence, a tempo advantage or if you have a Savage Roar in hand.

You have the potential to win before turn 7 with this deck if you draw well, but if it goes that long you usually just want to focus on building up your board and finishing them off with the combo.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 02:09:18 pm by Jorbles »

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: April 04, 2016, 12:49:17 pm »

There is a chance that Keeper of the Grove's Silence effect will be changed too.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 04, 2016, 02:11:24 pm »

There is a chance that Keeper of the Grove's Silence effect will be changed too.

:'( I'll miss playing this deck.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 20, 2016, 03:40:20 pm »

Hey what do you know, Keeper of the Grove can still silence cards post nerf, and for the same mana cost even.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 20, 2016, 11:10:38 pm »

Yeah, actually they nerfed everything BUT Silence Druid.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 21, 2016, 05:47:00 am »

Hey what do you know, Keeper of the Grove can still silence cards post nerf, and for the same mana cost even.
Are you ever actually going to want it for its silence effect now though?  Over owl?  A 1-mana price bump for one extra stat (losing Beast tag as well, fwiw)?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 21, 2016, 06:48:52 am »

Are you ever actually going to want it for its silence effect now though?  Over owl?  A 1-mana price bump for one extra stat (losing Beast tag as well, fwiw)?

Deal 2 Damage is still an option, and it's the flexibility that you want.

I think 4 mana 2/2 with Silence OR 2 Damage is better than 3 mana 2/1 with Silence and Beast tag for most Druid builds.

I think the better comparison is Spellbreaker -- same mana cost, 4/3 + silence.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 06:56:11 am by ashersky »
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 21, 2016, 07:04:00 am »

I think 4 mana 2/2 with Silence OR 2 Damage is better than 3 mana 2/1 with Silence and Beast tag for most Druid builds.

Right right but the point under discussion is Silence Druid.  Not exactly the normal case.  I agree it's still better than Owl in most decks, but I think that's much less clear in the case of a deck that's built entirely around silence.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 21, 2016, 10:24:16 am »

Right right but the point under discussion is Silence Druid.  Not exactly the normal case.  I agree it's still better than Owl in most decks, but I think that's much less clear in the case of a deck that's built entirely around silence.

Indeed. It's important to be able to silence a Turn 2 Ancient Watcher with a Turn 3 Ironbeak, though the poor stats of Ironbeak really offsets the big stats of Ancient Watcher.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 21, 2016, 01:23:53 pm »

Honestly, Spellbreaker might just be a better option now. I'm certainly going to try it once things are changed.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12849
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #939 on: April 21, 2016, 01:44:50 pm »

I think Spellbreaker is a better option for pretty much all the decks. Keeper of the Grove was so good because a 2/4+deal 2 damage is pretty much what you expect to get for 4 mana in terms of value while also being decent enough for tempo (you can still trade favorably with whatever your opponent played on his previous turns), and you got the added versatility of the silence effect which was useful a significant amount of time. Now, Keeper of the Grove lets you choose between two effects that are pretty much what you expect to get for 3 mana, both of which would be pretty crappy for tempo at $3 (a 2/2 body on turn 3 trades unfavorably with everything, including stuff that your opponent played on turn 2), and it still costs $4. Spellbreaker can't deal damage, but a 4/3 is at least a relevant, although not amazing, body at any stage during the game.

Probably Druids can just do without a silence effect more often, though.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: April 21, 2016, 07:53:33 pm »

Where can we see all the changes made to classic & basic cards?

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 21, 2016, 07:59:26 pm »
+1

Where can we see all the changes made to classic & basic cards?

Here is the blog post outlining all the changes:

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20097355/

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 21, 2016, 08:24:30 pm »

The saddest change is Ironbeak Owl.  :(

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 22, 2016, 01:49:19 am »

I expected owl to get Warsong'd, so that only silence is Spellbreker, so this is actually less harsh than I expected.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 25, 2016, 06:52:44 pm »

I've never had so much dust before.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: April 25, 2016, 07:51:55 pm »

I only had three of the cards that were changed (Knife Juggler, Ironbeak, and Leper Gnome), and only one I was willing to part with (a second copy of Ironbeak -the other two I already only have one each and want to keep them). Unfortunately, I haven't found a spellbreaker yet.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 25, 2016, 08:38:20 pm »
+4

I had just opened a Golden Keeper of the Grove. #FeelsGoodMan

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 28, 2016, 06:56:00 pm »

I only had three of the cards that were changed (Knife Juggler, Ironbeak, and Leper Gnome), and only one I was willing to part with (a second copy of Ironbeak -the other two I already only have one each and want to keep them). Unfortunately, I haven't found a spellbreaker yet.

Unless you're actively using them in a deck, there's no reason not to disenchant nerfed cards -- if you need them again, you can recraft them at no loss, and you might open new copies from packs before that happens.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 30, 2016, 01:54:21 am »

Zoolock is insane. I'm running a list similar to the one Kripp showed in a video. The tempo sea giants, Volcanic drake and constant minion spam mean that without AoE, which a lot of decks don't run too much of, you win so fast its crazy.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 30, 2016, 03:17:36 am »

Yup, haven't really played Zoolock but judging from playing against it, it looks pretty damn good (even tho I still haven't lost to it, I think. Maybe once). I do not know if it plays Doomguard or +4+4 buff, but it does seem to lack a bit of burst tho.

Cthun decks all look like crap to me OTOH. You play River Crocs, Spider Tanks and Yetis and.. a giant bomb to finish it off? Wow, so not impressed.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 21 queries.