Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44  All

Author Topic: Constructed General Discussion  (Read 270467 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
Re: Constructed General Discussion
« Reply #875 on: February 26, 2016, 05:56:34 am »
+1

Both, ez. I come from magic, juggling ONLY 2 formats is a piece of cake.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: February 27, 2016, 01:18:04 pm »

I just though of a great way to nerf FoN/SR without really making either card unplayable on their own.

Change Savage Roar to: "+2 Attack this turn to all friendly characters who were not summoned this turn."
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: February 27, 2016, 01:20:31 pm »
+2

I'm pretty sure that makes Force of nature unplayable.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: February 27, 2016, 02:33:14 pm »

Just because it doesn't work on Charge minions played this turn?  I'm pretty sure you're exaggerating.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 27, 2016, 02:39:36 pm »

So, you would play FoN just for 6 damage spread across as you want?

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: February 27, 2016, 02:56:02 pm »

Just because it doesn't work on Charge minions played this turn?  I'm pretty sure you're exaggerating.

Yes, Savage Roar is still good without Force of Nature.  But Force of Nature is kind of weak without Savage Roar.

It's just struck me that Force of Nature and Wobbling Runts are fast and slow version of a similar concept.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 27, 2016, 03:04:41 pm »

Yes, Savage Roar is still good without Force of Nature.  But Force of Nature is kind of weak without Savage Roar.

It's just struck me that Force of Nature and Wobbling Runts are fast and slow version of a similar concept.

Oh, sorry, reading comprehension.  I thought watno was saying Savage Roar would be unplayable.  Silly me.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: February 27, 2016, 05:31:23 pm »

I think that if Savage Roar isn't rotated out (and they seem to be refusing to rotate out any basic/classic cards), it needs a nerf that prevents it from being used as a finisher at all. Something like "this turn, give your characters +2 attack and can't attack heroes". The core strength of the combo is being able to spend 3 mana for 8 face damage, and Force of Nature is just a reliable way to get the 3 minions out that you need to do it.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: February 28, 2016, 01:36:29 am »

One option that seems less clunky is to make it +3 Attack and up the mana to compensate. Shamans have Bloodlust, I could see a 6 or 7 mana "+3 attack to all characters" card.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 28, 2016, 02:26:44 am »

Savage Roar is the problem, not Force of nature. Very often Savage Roar give insane damage for the mana cost even without Force of Nature. I would not be surprised if it gets the nerf over Force of nature.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: February 29, 2016, 11:04:12 am »

Savage Roar is the problem, not Force of nature. Very often Savage Roar give insane damage for the mana cost even without Force of Nature. I would not be surprised if it gets the nerf over Force of nature.
Yeah they already tried nerfing FoN and it did absolutely nothing to how played the combo was.  I can only assume they'll try nerfing Roar next - makes more sense anyway.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 29, 2016, 11:52:53 pm »

Someone just pulled Mal'Ganis as the "random demon" for that "do two damage, summon a random demon if it kills", and then got it a second time in the same game.

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 01, 2016, 02:20:33 am »
+3

Someone just pulled Mal'Ganis as the "random demon" for that "do two damage, summon a random demon if it kills", and then got it a second time in the same game.

Bane of Doom always summons Mal'Ganis.  Didn't you know?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 01, 2016, 04:58:44 am »
+2

See qmech's personal text.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #889 on: March 01, 2016, 05:05:05 am »

Your opponent's Bane of Doom, that is. Your own Bane of Doom always summons Blood Imp.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 01, 2016, 03:31:10 pm »

Prep/Coin/Coin/Sap Loatheb is not a play you want to make as Miracle Rogue.

So J4CKIECHAN's zooey Camel Hunter is interesting.  He finished top EU with it last night, which surely involved both luck and surprise factor.  I've been playing it a bit today, and it's playing well, although we're obviously still very early in the season. 

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 01, 2016, 06:43:21 pm »

Oh, the quintessential Prep-Coin-Concede.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 01, 2016, 07:37:42 pm »

So J4CKIECHAN's zooey Camel Hunter is interesting.  He finished top EU with it last night, which surely involved both luck and surprise factor.  I've been playing it a bit today, and it's playing well, although we're obviously still very early in the season.

I ran the Injured Kvaldir-Desert Camel combo for a little while! It's surprisingly strong. This version of the deck is different from mine because it has no Secrets and no Burn cards. I'll have to try this all minion version, but I'll probably at least move in some Quick Shots or Kill Commands.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 01, 2016, 08:15:04 pm »

I ran the Injured Kvaldir-Desert Camel combo for a little while! It's surprisingly strong. This version of the deck is different from mine because it has no Secrets and no Burn cards. I'll have to try this all minion version, but I'll probably at least move in some Quick Shots or Kill Commands.

Hah, Injured Kvaldir was on Kripp's Best and Worst of TGT list as one of the worst/pointless TGT cards. I wonder what he thinks nows?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 02, 2016, 12:55:16 am »

Hah, Injured Kvaldir was on Kripp's Best and Worst of TGT list as one of the worst/pointless TGT cards. I wonder what he thinks nows?

You certainly never want to play it from your hand for one mana.  It's not even worth playing it with Circle of Healing in Priest.

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 02, 2016, 01:17:50 am »

Oh, the quintessential Prep-Coin-Concede.

I was so hoping for the concede, but it never came!

There's quite a low ceiling on how popular Camel can be.  There are already games when you don't really want to play it because you know it will pull out a Mana Wyrm or a Northshire Cleric.  If Camels are ever all over the place then everybody just starts playing 1-of Zombie Chows or something.  Something like Knife Juggler/Camel/Unleash mitigates the downsides somewhat, but needing to be ready to deal with the opposing one drop makes Camel much clunkier.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 02, 2016, 11:16:10 am »

You certainly never want to play it from your hand for one mana.  It's not even worth playing it with Circle of Healing in Priest.

No, you definitely only run it in Hunter for playing against matchups that don't have a 1 drop in which it's a huge tempo swing when played with Camel. Playing it from hand is always bad (but sometimes you just have to).

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 03, 2016, 02:49:39 pm »

Yesterday I was watching somebody learning Oil Rogue, and they were greatly frustrated by not being able to predict the offbeat decks they were playing against.  I thought I'd give it a try in sympathy, and in my first ever game a Priest hit me in the face for 20 with a Deathlord on T5.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 03, 2016, 05:22:16 pm »

Yesterday I was watching somebody learning Oil Rogue, and they were greatly frustrated by not being able to predict the offbeat decks they were playing against.  I thought I'd give it a try in sympathy, and in my first ever game a Priest hit me in the face for 20 with a Deathlord on T5.

At what rank are you trying this deck? At low ranks decks are unpredictable. It's a lot more diverse, but at the same time it may not be the best way to learn to play a deck. It is a good way to learn how to predict decks though :P

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 03, 2016, 05:44:41 pm »

At what rank are you trying this deck? At low ranks decks are unpredictable. It's a lot more diverse, but at the same time it may not be the best way to learn to play a deck. It is a good way to learn how to predict decks though :P

I was playing my Reno Lock against a Secret Paladin at the start of the season at Rank 19. After dealing with a Challenger, silencing a Tirion and inefficiently dealing with Dr. Boom, I stabilized and got to the point where I had 2 copies of Thaddius on the board(one was a Faceless of Stalagg). My opponent then threw down Eadric The Pure! I still won though, but the game had to drag on for like another 5 turns.

I guess at that rank, people put it whatever awesome-looking Legendaries they have into their deck. It was one of the only times I've seen Eadric at all.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 22 queries.