Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44  All

Author Topic: Constructed General Discussion  (Read 270651 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
Re: Constructed General Discussion
« Reply #850 on: January 31, 2016, 06:51:23 pm »

On a separate note:  Worth opening the last three wings of Blackrock Mountain?

If you want Tempo Mage or Dragon Anything, yes.

Also Demonwrath for Reno, Egg for Eggdruid.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 31, 2016, 08:52:45 pm »

Is there a point to keeping around incredibly bad cards rather than dusting them to get Boom?  I have a pair of Far Sights and a Tree of Life that... do they ever get played?

I think Tree of Life is sometimes played in Mill druid, and I've never seen a deck running Far sight I think. If you're not aiming to get a full collection, you can defintely disenchant all these cards.

There are some decent cards in the last wings of BRM, but the only essential one (except if you're going for a Dragon deck, obviously) is Flamewaker (for Tempo Mage) I think.

Also I think it's worth keeping cards with particularly unusual effects because you don't know if there will be some crazy combo that they can be used for in the future.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: February 07, 2016, 10:52:30 am »

Man, my OTK Malygos Mage is fucking sick.  At least at lower levels.  We'll see how well it fares as I climb past level 16.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: February 07, 2016, 11:03:20 am »

Man, my OTK Malygos Mage is fucking sick.  At least at lower levels.  We'll see how well it fares as I climb past level 16.

What spells do you run for the OTK? Mage doesn't have a lot of low level spells that you can take advantage of. Arcane Missiles, Rhonin, Arcane Blasts but they can't go face. Fireballs can't be played at the same time as Malygos.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: February 07, 2016, 11:27:38 am »

What spells do you run for the OTK? Mage doesn't have a lot of low level spells that you can take advantage of. Arcane Missiles, Rhonin, Arcane Blasts but they can't go face. Fireballs can't be played at the same time as Malygos.

Frostbolt and Ice Lance.  Get two of each (or 2 of one and 1 of the other if the opponent has taken some damage) with Malygos in hand, then drop Thaurissan on turn 9.  Kill 'em on turn 10, provided there wasn't a Loatheb.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: February 07, 2016, 01:00:00 pm »

Frostbolt and Ice Lance.  Get two of each (or 2 of one and 1 of the other if the opponent has taken some damage) with Malygos in hand, then drop Thaurissan on turn 9.  Kill 'em on turn 10, provided there wasn't a Loatheb.

True, the ice lance stuff is strong. Do you have antonidas? Similar effect, but cheaper to play so you don't need thaurissan to get a few extra fireballs. Then your deck starts to look more like freeze mage I suppose and less like an OTK deck. Also if you're playing with OTK stuff you could consider alextrasa, although perhaps its best to wait with crafting anything until after the new nerfs and game modes get put in.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: February 07, 2016, 06:51:40 pm »

I don't have any class legendaries.  I only decided to go with this because I got Malygos in a pack.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: February 07, 2016, 09:46:35 pm »

I don't have any class legendaries.  I only decided to go with this because I got Malygos in a pack.

That's fair. Rogue OTK has been done a lot too so you could try that, with Sinister Strikes and Eviscerates. Shaman OTK can be a thing too, but Shaman is pretty terrible now if it isn't aggro.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: February 08, 2016, 02:34:30 am »

That's fair. Rogue OTK has been done a lot too so you could try that, with Sinister Strikes and Eviscerates. Shaman OTK can be a thing too, but Shaman is pretty terrible now if it isn't aggro.

Priest OTK is my favorite, if only because it's so hilaribad that when it works, it's that much more awesome.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 08, 2016, 09:35:04 am »

Priest OTK is my favorite, if only because it's so hilaribad that when it works, it's that much more awesome.

I like the Mage version because there's Arcane Intellect, you can ping Acolyte of Pain if necessary, and you still have decent board clears, and decent minion removal (Polymorph, Flamecannon until the next expansion).  Mad Scientist also helps winnow out your deck (again, until the next expansion).

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 08, 2016, 02:19:20 pm »

I've been running my own special build of Dragon Hunter modified to use Malygos instead of Ysera thus using damage spells instead of secrets. So far it has done exceptionally well (probably 60-80 games played on it). It has a few win conditions but the Malygos one is just so much more fun.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: February 08, 2016, 02:43:33 pm »

I've been running my own special build of Dragon Hunter modified to use Malygos instead of Ysera thus using damage spells instead of secrets. So far it has done exceptionally well (probably 60-80 games played on it). It has a few win conditions but the Malygos one is just so much more fun.

I'm curious to see a Dragon Hunter list.

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: February 25, 2016, 04:18:48 pm »

What's with everybody playing Secretkeeper/Coin/secret T1 on an empty board in the Paladin mirror?  That's just bad right?  Leaks information and buys you nothing.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 04:20:09 pm by qmech »

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: February 25, 2016, 04:24:43 pm »
+1

If it is avenge and you can follow up with Minibot, I don't see why not. Also if opponent draws keeper you dont buff it.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: February 25, 2016, 04:30:06 pm »

Yeah, avenge is a fine t1 play. And it stops your opponent from playing secrets too. I wouldn't do it with noble sacrifice though. That's usually a waste. Redemption I repentance seems ok too.

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: February 25, 2016, 04:50:08 pm »

If it is avenge and you can follow up with Minibot, I don't see why not. Also if opponent draws keeper you dont buff it.

This is a potential reason, although I'm not completely sold on it. 

Blocking your opponent's secrets is not a reason to coin out yours.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: February 25, 2016, 04:57:00 pm »
+1

So you have Keeper, Avenge, Coin, Minibot, and muster. How do you play it out?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12848
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #867 on: February 25, 2016, 05:41:57 pm »

Well, I guess coining out the Avenge prevents stuff like Argent Lance killing your Secretkeeper.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: February 25, 2016, 05:42:59 pm »

It's looking more reasonable, but my instinct is still to hold coin and the secret to smooth the curve and hopefully cheat out a T5 Challenger; I guess I don't see the extra stats on the Secretkeeper as a big deal.  In fact I'm still slightly iffy on Secretkeeper: until very recently I was playing a much more value oriented list with double Belchers, but it saw so much play in the qualifiers that I thought I'd give it another shot.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: February 25, 2016, 08:38:11 pm »

So you have Keeper, Avenge, Coin, Minibot, and muster. How do you play it out?
But like, you can also coin out the Avenge Turn 2. This is about the same if your opponent can do 2 damage turn 2 but not 3 damage. Murloc Paladins actually can do 2 damage Turn 2 with Bluegill Warrior. You can't tell that early if you're facing Murloc Paladin so maybe it is best to play on the safe side and coin the secret Turn 1.

Similar idea with Mana Wyrm + Coin + Mirror Image. Unless you are worried about Fiery War Axe, you can save the Coin + Mirror Image for Turn 2 if the Wyrm wasn't killed by Dark Bomb or something.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: February 25, 2016, 11:03:34 pm »

So you guys plan on living in the Wild or playing Standard when the change comes?

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: February 25, 2016, 11:27:06 pm »

So you guys plan on living in the Wild or playing Standard when the change comes?

I like to think that I'll be living in the Wild for awhile. That's where the fun decks are. I'll probably play some standard too to see what kind of fun can be had with the TGT cards that went mostly ignored up until now. And down the line we might get some cool new Mechs. Gorilla Bot is already kinda cool, but is going to be terrible on Standard given how lame the Mechs were pre-GvG unless the next expansion changes that.

Standard format means they don't have to power creep GvG and Naxx and instead keep releasing expansions with a similar power level. They better not power power creep the expansions anyway with the mindset of "oh they'll be gone in two years".

I expect the coming expansions to mostly contain modest cards sprinkled with a few Thaurissans.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: February 26, 2016, 12:23:24 am »

I'll be playing Wild because I only play Constructed when I can't get my quests done through Arena, and I'm too lazy to build new decks.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: February 26, 2016, 12:48:37 am »

Wild will porbably be the same as now. I'll be trying standard because it introduces more thinking in terms of deck building, at least at the start. Should be fun. Wild will be fun the longer hearthstone exists.

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: February 26, 2016, 04:11:26 am »

I expect to mostly play Standard as it will be the main competitive format.  Wild will probably take over the role of Casual, for playing decks I don't particularly love to complete quests.  I'm sure I'll still play Wild when I have an itch to play some of the old decks.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.