Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44  All

Author Topic: Constructed General Discussion  (Read 270622 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Re: Constructed General Discussion
« Reply #750 on: December 06, 2015, 02:00:33 pm »
+1

So, played a few games with my Bargain Dreadsteed - it is pretty terrible against aggressive decks, but it quite handily owns control decks.  Any deck that spends, like, 9 turns doing nothing or just gaining armor is going to be crushed under my fiery little hooves, because control really can't do anything against a horde of D-Steeds, except Freeze Mage can delay them... a little.  My only fear is a Priest that's actually (for whatever reason) running Mass Dispel.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 07, 2015, 05:19:51 pm »

So much for Secret Paladin.  I haven't faced any Paladins at all lately on constructed.  It's been Force of Nature Druids, Charge Warriors, a couple Freeze Mages, and a Handlock.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #752 on: December 08, 2015, 02:09:49 am »

Charge Warriors

I don't think this is a thing.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 08, 2015, 02:14:24 am »

Charge Warriors

It may be a thing. Just not a good thing. Probably trying to make it work with Sir mrrgglton

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: December 08, 2015, 10:02:24 am »

Charge Warriors

It may be a thing. Just not a good thing. Probably trying to make it work with Sir mrrgglton

Everyone is playing SMORC right now.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 08, 2015, 10:09:09 am »

Charge Warriors

Face Warrior has been niche for a long time, but I think it still sees some success due to how unexpected it is. With stuff like Arcanite Reaper and Kor'kron Elite it can steal some wins.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 08, 2015, 12:43:57 pm »

I played a game, at rank 5 mind you, versus Mech Warrior, so anyfin can happen.

Speaking about anyfin can happen, you guys seen the anyfin combo paladin?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 08, 2015, 12:53:43 pm »

Kripp played it in a video, so people are trying it out. I was going to give a try soon too. It looks fun.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 08, 2015, 12:56:09 pm »

I played against Mech Warrior around that rank once. I was Priest and won, but it was close.

I haven't seen Anyfin Can Happen pulled on me yet. I've seen lots of Murloc Shamans though.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: December 08, 2015, 01:28:51 pm »

Any tips on rising in rank?  I was able to get near level 10 a couple months ago, but since Warsong nerf and LoE, I've been having trouble getting past 18 - so many SMOrcers.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: December 08, 2015, 01:39:51 pm »

Reno.

:)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 08, 2015, 02:04:10 pm »

Reno.

:)

Honestly Reno makes a lot of Control decks pretty viable if you build for him. You can slot lots of tech cards and semi-viable cards into them and Reno makes up for anything lacking. The Warlock variants of Reno seem strongest, but most of the classes that can string together a Control deck can make something work.

Tunnel Trogg seems pretty viable if you want an aggro deck to ladder with. I just started playing it this morning, but it's pretty fast and seems like it'll take me up the ladder for a ways until I get bored of it. Doomhammer's are the hardest thing to come by in the deck. There's also always Midrange Hunter or Tempo Mage, and those new flavours of Force/Savage Druid.

Secret Paladin is probably still pretty decent. Raptor Rogue is solid right now too and doesn't need too much dust (though it needs lots of wings unlocked).

Those are all the decks I can think of that don't require anything particularly difficult to acquire to build. Only 1 or 2 Legendaries and not too many Epics anyways.

Honestly though if you're having trouble getting past 18 you should probably just pick a deck you have the cards for and practice with it a bit. Often it's more about learning the matchups and grinding a little bit while you figure out a deck before you start climbing. I don't play that seriously or that much and usually hit rank 15-13 just dicking around when I have time. I've hit rank 3 (I think?) in the past and though the ladder is getting gradually tougher over time I don't think it'd be that hard to hit rank 10 with enough practice on any deck.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 08, 2015, 02:50:58 pm »

It's the best feeling when you kill Tirion, then drop an Acidic Swamp Ooze.  :)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #763 on: December 08, 2015, 02:59:34 pm »

I think it feels better when you just silence the Tirion.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: December 08, 2015, 03:12:31 pm »

Or Harrison Jones. Or now Entomb for Priests. It seems every Priest runs one of those now.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #765 on: December 08, 2015, 03:13:53 pm »

Or Harrison Jones.

Oh yeah, I just love the feeling when I silence Harrison Jones!

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 08, 2015, 03:29:09 pm »

Or Harrison Jones.

Oh yeah, I just love the feeling when I silence Harrison Jones!

I tech Owl in Freeze Mage to silence Loatheb.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 09, 2015, 06:22:33 am »

I just lost to a Secret Pally. 

In arena.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 09, 2015, 11:12:50 pm »

I am playing Feugen/Stalagg version of Renolock, it is awesooome, also better than standard version.
I also ran Dreadscale Midrange Hunter during the end of last season, it ain't bad eitehr.

Sir Finley is great as well, mainly cuz lategame when your HP becomes liability (due to being low on cards or low on hp) you can discover him with Dark Peddler and get some additional reach (if low on cards) or healing (if low on hp).  ;D

I wish I had Dreadscale, but sometimes I luck into him with Jeweled Scarab or even Tomb Spider. Maybe that's even better because Dreadscale seems maybe a bit too situational in the deck.

I gotta try adding Feugen/Stalagg to my Renolock deck. I also heard reports that Giants discounts still apply after Naga Sea Witch is in play, despite that being inconsistent with Avianna + Giants. Might just be a bug, but worth checking out perhaps.

I've been playing around with Renolock that has Stalagg/Feugen. I've seen at least three players silence the first of the two twins I played, showing how uncommon Feugen/Stalagg has been until recently. Thinking that silencing the first twin prevents Thaddius cost my last Renolock mirror opponent the game. My opponent played Twisting Nether as Jaraxxus when Stalagg was ready to proc Thaddius instead of just killing my other minion with an Infernal. Power Overwhelming on my turn then became a 1-hit KO.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 10, 2015, 01:08:18 am »

I am playing Feugen/Stalagg version of Renolock, it is awesooome, also better than standard version.
I also ran Dreadscale Midrange Hunter during the end of last season, it ain't bad eitehr.

Sir Finley is great as well, mainly cuz lategame when your HP becomes liability (due to being low on cards or low on hp) you can discover him with Dark Peddler and get some additional reach (if low on cards) or healing (if low on hp).  ;D

I wish I had Dreadscale, but sometimes I luck into him with Jeweled Scarab or even Tomb Spider. Maybe that's even better because Dreadscale seems maybe a bit too situational in the deck.

I gotta try adding Feugen/Stalagg to my Renolock deck. I also heard reports that Giants discounts still apply after Naga Sea Witch is in play, despite that being inconsistent with Avianna + Giants. Might just be a bug, but worth checking out perhaps.

I've been playing around with Renolock that has Stalagg/Feugen. I've seen at least three players silence the first of the two twins I played, showing how uncommon Feugen/Stalagg has been until recently. Thinking that silencing the first twin prevents Thaddius cost my last Renolock mirror opponent the game. My opponent played Twisting Nether as Jaraxxus when Stalagg was ready to proc Thaddius instead of just killing my other minion with an Infernal. Power Overwhelming on my turn then became a 1-hit KO.

I find the most confusing thing about the Twins is if your Stalagg dies and you kill your opponent's Feugen later in the game (or vice versa) than your opponent gets a Thaddius. I learned that one the hard way.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 10, 2015, 06:51:59 am »

I find the most confusing thing about the Twins is if your Stalagg dies and you kill your opponent's Feugen later in the game (or vice versa) than your opponent gets a Thaddius. I learned that one the hard way.

Yeah, in mirror for example you really want to save your twins for as late as possible.
I had a renolock play both of them early against me, and I getting rid of both + tadius.
Than, both my guys spawned a Thadius, and him being Jaraxxus didn't save him at all.

Edit: what does gets you if your first twing gets Hexed or Polymorphed, or your second twin gets Entombed.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 06:53:31 am by Grujah »

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 11, 2015, 08:41:19 pm »

Ok, I just had a warror DELIBERATELY kill both my feugen and stalagg at same time (and on turn 6 or something like that) - thinking nothing will spawn.

Well, he was wrong.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 08:46:57 pm by Grujah »

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 11, 2015, 08:57:27 pm »
+1

Oh, and I've beaten

twitch.tv/orange_hs

today. I didn't even realize it was him (tho he had Tespa backs) until a friend spectating asked me about it.
After the match I've checked the stream, and it turned out it was his first loss with the deck actually (new Miracle Rogue). :D

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 12, 2015, 08:19:16 pm »
+1

I've just hit legend! And I still have half a month to spare! :D

Renolock is to blame.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 12, 2015, 08:35:25 pm »

I've just hit legend! And I still have half a month to spare! :D

Renolock is to blame.

Regardless of it's viability, I must say Renolock is really fun to play. I've played some mirror matches with it too, and those mirror matches were a true test of how well you can bait removal. In such matches you can expect both players to present all their threats, and it seems so important to save silence for the second Feugen/Stalagg twin.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.