Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44  All

Author Topic: Constructed General Discussion  (Read 270528 times)

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
Re: Constructed General Discussion
« Reply #725 on: December 01, 2015, 06:03:26 pm »

Constructed seems to be in a really great place right now: every class has playable decks, and I don't find any of them particularly obnoxious.  Also, we can play Feugen/Stalagg!

I've just added Druid to the list of classes I can play by crafting two Force of Nature and two Ancient of Lore.  I've only played a few games of Midrange so far, but I like the style a lot.  Darnassus Aspirant is very strong: devastating to Face Hunter, and apparently terrifying enough for (rank 17) Warrior to Death's Bite/Execute through a fresh Druid of the Claw...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 04, 2015, 06:29:57 am »

So, Murloc Shaman is a fun thing right now.  Here's my list, looking for some thoughts:

2x Murloc Tinyfin (1/1 for 0 mana)
2x Forked Lightning
2x Grimscale Oracle (all other murlocs have +1 attack)
2x Murloc Tidecaller (gain +1 attack when another murloc summoned)
Sir Finley Mrrgglton
2x Ancestral Knowledge
2x Murloc Tidehunter (2/1 + 1/1 murlocs for 2)
2x Puddlestomper
2x Lightning Storm
2x Coldlight Oracle (draw 2 cards)
2x Coldlight Seer (BC - all other murlocs +2 health)
2x Murloc Warleader (+2/+1 for all other murlocs)
Charged Hammer
Old Murk-Eye
2x Siltfin Spiritwalker
2x Everyfin is Awesome
Neptulon

A few thoughts:

--While thematically and shamanically Neptulon fits...every game I have played is over by T5.  I'm just not sure a 7 mana card makes sense here (and Everyfin is Awesome doesn't count).  Leeroy might make more sense, or Loatheb as a staller.

--Card draw is a thing.  All the cards are cheap, and we're all about flooding the board then hitting with buffed murlocs, so our hand empties quick.  Ancestral Knowledges are there, but it's expensive (basically it's two Warlock hero powers (2 mana this turn, 2 mana next) for two cards now) and overload isn't a fit for the deck as we're usually playing with a small total number of crystals anyway.  The spiritwalkers work, although if you are trading murlocs to draw cards, you're probably not in a great place on T4 or T5 anyway.  That said, I'm not sure the AKs are the right card for this, or if maybe the Oracles are enough.

--I'm using removal spells to get around opponent minions and going face with the murlocs whenever possible, hence the bolts of lightning.  Storm doesn't really fit, but feels important given the lack of other good removal for shamans.  I've thought about an Owl to silence taunts, too.

--the Hammer is there for the same reason as Sir Finley, to replace totems.  Plus, small minion removal.

Any thoughts or ideas?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 04, 2015, 10:52:43 am »

Sudden influx of Murloc Shamans. Like 7 in a row. Beat all 7 of them in a row using Raptor Rogue. Not seeing a compelling reason to even attempt the Murloc Shaman.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 04, 2015, 11:00:17 am »

I just tried 2 games with Murclos Shaman. It just doesn't work. Murlocs just don't work.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 04, 2015, 11:10:58 am »

I just tried 2 games with Murclos Shaman. It just doesn't work. Murlocs just don't work.

I have yet to lose in my small sample size.  I just run over my opponents and they can't answer all the threats that build over the first few turns.

If you make it to T6 or T7, you lose, though.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 04, 2015, 11:13:36 am »

I have yet to lose in my small sample size.  I just run over my opponents and they can't answer all the threats that build over the first few turns.

That seems to rely on playing on curve, with a warleader on turn 3, or the Seer. I didnt get to play enverfin is awesome because my murlocs were always dead. I'll try it again maybe, but I'm not convinced.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 04, 2015, 11:22:10 am »

That seems to rely on playing on curve, with a warleader on turn 3, or the Seer. I didnt get to play enverfin is awesome because my murlocs were always dead. I'll try it again maybe, but I'm not convinced.

Yeah, playing on curve T1-T4 is basically required, so it's really about the mulligan.  Preference so far has been:

T1: Sir Finley
T2: Tidecaller(s) or Tidehunter
T3: Seer or Warleader
T4: Seer or Warleader
T5: Murk-Eye

I hold Tinyfins and play them as if they were the +1 attack spare part for Tidecallers only, so I actually always mulligan them away.  If you are unlucky and end up with lots of spells early, you just hope to remove everything you can.  You'll take damage, but if you get the right two or three turns, you've got 9+ damage on the board, hopefully with 3 life, which is hard to remove before T6 by most classes.

Ironically, I've yet to play an Everyfin yet.  Feels like a win-more card.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 04, 2015, 01:08:43 pm »

I still think Paladin Murloc is the toughest Murloc deck. You try to spend your first 3-4 turns playing normal Paladin stuff (Secret, Minibot, Muster, Consecrate/Truesilver) and then do a big bursty Murloc turn all at once and shout surprise.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 04, 2015, 01:29:26 pm »

I still think Paladin Murloc is the toughest Murloc deck. You try to spend your first 3-4 turns playing normal Paladin stuff (Secret, Minibot, Muster, Consecrate/Truesilver) and then do a big bursty Murloc turn all at once and shout surprise.

Have you tried Anyfin yet?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 04, 2015, 01:33:31 pm »

Have you tried Anyfin yet?

No still 200 Gold away from the new wing. Should get it later this week.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: December 04, 2015, 01:57:57 pm »

If anyone catches me online, happy to duel with the murloc deck.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 04, 2015, 04:06:56 pm »

If anyone catches me online, happy to duel with the murloc deck.

I'll take you up on that if I see you online :P

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 04, 2015, 05:48:17 pm »

I am playing Feugen/Stalagg version of Renolock, it is awesooome, also better than standard version.
I also ran Dreadscale Midrange Hunter during the end of last season, it ain't bad eitehr.

Sir Finley is great as well, mainly cuz lategame when your HP becomes liability (due to being low on cards or low on hp) you can discover him with Dark Peddler and get some additional reach (if low on cards) or healing (if low on hp).  ;D

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 04, 2015, 05:52:38 pm »

Sir Finley is great as well, mainly cuz lategame when your HP becomes liability (due to being low on cards or low on hp) you can discover him with Dark Peddler and get some additional reach (if low on cards) or healing (if low on hp).  ;D

You could also run Justicar and draw without consequence.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: December 04, 2015, 06:19:17 pm »

I am playing Feugen/Stalagg version of Renolock, it is awesooome, also better than standard version.
I also ran Dreadscale Midrange Hunter during the end of last season, it ain't bad eitehr.

I wish I had Dreadscale, but sometimes I luck into him with Jeweled Scarab or even Tomb Spider. Maybe that's even better because Dreadscale seems maybe a bit too situational in the deck.

I gotta try adding Feugen/Stalagg to my Renolock deck. I also heard reports that Giants discounts still apply after Naga Sea Witch is in play, despite that being inconsistent with Avianna + Giants. Might just be a bug, but worth checking out perhaps.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 05, 2015, 11:37:48 am »

I play this list:

Except I teched out Kezan for Bran and I don't have Demonwrath so I put in Bane of Doom.
It eschew demon package (Malganis, Pit Lord, Void Walker) for Feugen/Stallagg, Sylvanas and Twisting Nether package.
It also doesn't run Mountain Giant, which I don't miss at all, as you have a lot of earlygame and you usually can't drop it early, and late you don't really need it as you have better options.
And Feugen is not that much worse than belcher turn 5 if you are not under a lot of pressure.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 05, 2015, 11:57:03 am »

I play this list:
<video>

Except I teched out Kezan for Bran and I don't have Demonwrath so I put in Bane of Doom.
It eschew demon package (Malganis, Pit Lord, Void Walker) for Feugen/Stallagg, Sylvanas and Twisting Nether package.
It also doesn't run Mountain Giant, which I don't miss at all, as you have a lot of earlygame and you usually can't drop it early, and late you don't really need it as you have better options.
And Feugen is not that much worse than belcher turn 5 if you are not under a lot of pressure.

Funny because I have Demonwrath but not Twisting Nether.

The list makes sense I think because Stalagg/Feugen can make up for the loss of the Demon package.

I don't have Mountain Giant anyway. I had put Sea Giant in my Renolock. I'd have to play with it more to determine how reasonable Sea Giant is in the deck.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 05, 2015, 12:48:41 pm »
+1

Just pulled a Mysterious Challenger out of a pack.  The only secrets I have are Eye for an Eye, Get Down, Pally-Snipe and Sacred Trial, though.

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 05, 2015, 02:54:40 pm »
+2

Just pulled a Mysterious Challenger out of a pack.  The only secrets I have are Eye for an Eye, Get Down, Pally-Snipe and Sacred Trial, though.

Bad luck on only having one secret.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 05, 2015, 03:48:38 pm »
+2

Bad luck on only having one secret.

One and a half I'd say.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 05, 2015, 05:01:05 pm »
+1

get down and pally snipe are both legit

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 05, 2015, 05:15:31 pm »

Ah, Repentance should be at least half, yes.  Somehow I didn't get there from Pally-Snipe.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 05, 2015, 05:29:08 pm »

Ah, Repentance should be at least half, yes.  Somehow I didn't get there from Pally-Snipe.

I didn't remember the name of it... <.<

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 06, 2015, 02:40:37 am »
+1

I didn't remember the name of it... <.<
No no no, qmech is the one at fault here, Pally-snipe is an utterly unambiguous reference to Repentance :)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 06, 2015, 12:04:26 pm »

I finally crafted two Dreadsteeds!  Here's my Bargain Dreadsteed deck:

Sacrificial Pact x2

Mortal Coil x2
Power Overwhelming x2
Reliquary Seeker (don't have Anima Golem)

Darkbomb
Dark Peddler
Haunted Creeper
Knife Juggler x2
Nerubian Egg x2

Void Terror

Hellfire x2
Imp-losion x2
Baron Rivendare
Dreadsteed x2
Piloted Shredder x2

Bane of Doom
Sludge Belcher

Siphon Soul

Dr. Boom
Stormwind Champion (no Mal'Ganis)

Ragnaros

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 22 queries.