Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44  All

Author Topic: Constructed General Discussion  (Read 270547 times)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
Re: Constructed General Discussion
« Reply #675 on: November 02, 2015, 05:28:38 am »

Powershot is amazing against all these aggro decks that spread wide with low health minions.
This is true.  So often it's just a 1-mana cheaper consecration.  It's a shame that the hunter hero power is so terrible for control-type decks, otherwise I could see it actually doing fairly well on ladder.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 02, 2015, 12:57:01 pm »

After reading this I figured I'd try it out given what cards I have. I don't have Gahz or Sneed's, but have most of the other cards, and am replacing those two cards with King Krush and Troggzor. Don't have 2 Snipers so I just put in a Flare, which is honestly really good in the current meta; all I see are the Secret classes these days. I'm also running BGH instead of Deadly Shot.

One thing I'm really impressed with is Lock and Load. It's a really fun card and can win you the game singlehandedly. I think I'd put in Dreadscale if I had it, but maybe Ash can make a variation of this that incorporates it?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 02, 2015, 02:38:49 pm »

I'd try dreadscale if I had it. Lock and Load is sometimes amazing, sometimes dead, which is why I hve only 1. King Krush is interesting. It's less burst dmg, but it's immidiate dmg which might be better. I also don't have troggzor but am interested to see how it works out.

I didn't put flare in, but maybe I should. Maybe instead of 1 sniper, since they are a little awkward.

EDIT: I don't know why I put deadly shot and not bgh. Seems like bgh is alms it always better.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 02:42:55 pm by KingZog3 »

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 02, 2015, 02:53:21 pm »

I feel like my big issue on ladder right now is that as I climb I run into people that have cards I'm simply missing, e.g. my most recent loss to a dragon priest that just had all sorts of answers and then finished with ysera and velen's chosen.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 02, 2015, 03:20:10 pm »

Some decks need certain cards, but there are decks that don't need particularly difficult cards to acquire. Face Hunter doesn't need any Legendaries at all.

Dragon Priest in particular is an expensive deck. You need like 2-6 Legendaries (Chillmaw, Ysera, then optionally some of the other standard ones like Boom, Sylvanas, Harrison, Voljin, etc), 4-7 Epics (Twilight Guardians for sure, Light Bombs for sure, Cabals maybe, BGH maybe). Most of the common cards you need are cards from deep Blackrock Mountain wings. The only deck I can think of that has more Dust in it is Control Warrior.

Most other common decks are not nearly as expensive though. Secrets Paladin can get by with just the Challengers (Epics), Face Hunter and Zoolock only need Rares. Mech Mage only needs Boom. Mid range decks are getting a little Dustier needing a few big Legendaries, but you don't need lots of cards to have success on the ladder.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 03:23:13 pm by Jorbles »

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 02, 2015, 03:35:30 pm »

I'm seriously considering playing doctor draw again.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 02, 2015, 04:05:28 pm »

Handlock is about as expensive as control warrior, especially if you count the hybrid dragon or demon decks.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #682 on: November 02, 2015, 04:12:07 pm »

Handlock is about as expensive as control warrior, especially if you count the hybrid dragon or demon decks.

Not really. Basic handlock just needs Jaraxxus, maybe a couple of other legendaries, and a few epics. Control Warrior needs Ysera, Boom, Grommash, Justicar, Sylvanas, Alexstrasza, and at least two out of Varian/Harrison/Baron Geddon, plus at least as many epics as Handlock does. The hybrid dragon or demon decks can get quite expensive though.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 02, 2015, 04:40:30 pm »

Not really. Basic handlock just needs Jaraxxus, maybe a couple of other legendaries, and a few epics. Control Warrior needs Ysera, Boom, Grommash, Justicar, Sylvanas, Alexstrasza, and at least two out of Varian/Harrison/Baron Geddon, plus at least as many epics as Handlock does. The hybrid dragon or demon decks can get quite expensive though.

That would be a pretty heavy Control Warrior list, but I agree that it's typically going to be more expensive than Handlock.  I'm curious about your last set of 3, as they all have wildly different roles: is the theme supposed to be "tech"?  In any case, I think at least two is overstating it: Varian is arguably bad, and you don't want Harrison unless you're gunning for weapons.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #684 on: November 02, 2015, 04:51:29 pm »

That would be a pretty heavy Control Warrior list, but I agree that it's typically going to be more expensive than Handlock.  I'm curious about your last set of 3, as they all have wildly different roles: is the theme supposed to be "tech"?  In any case, I think at least two is overstating it: Varian is arguably bad, and you don't want Harrison unless you're gunning for weapons.

Well, Geddon and Harrison are tech, and I think you should run Varian if you're not running both Geddon and Harrison. I'm running Varian and Geddon now.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 05, 2015, 01:39:11 pm »

Opened a new Legendary! But it's Sky Cap'n Kragg :(. Anyone seen a good use for him? He seems really awkwardly placed, but maybe just because Pirates are so weak. Probably just hold onto until the next expansion then try Pirates again.

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 05, 2015, 02:03:11 pm »

Opened a new Legendary! But it's Sky Cap'n Kragg :(. Anyone seen a good use for him? He seems really awkwardly placed, but maybe just because Pirates are so weak. Probably just hold onto until the next expansion then try Pirates again.

Sadly I've even seen Pirate decks not running Kragg, but he looks OK to me if Pirates are ever a thing.  And Ship's Cannon is cool, so Pirates should definitely be a thing.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 05, 2015, 02:25:38 pm »

Ship's Cannon is the only Pirate card that looks like it could be potentially powerful enough to make Pirates a thing. Hard to make a deck around a strong 2 drop though.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 05, 2015, 02:56:16 pm »

Cannon is a card that could maybe help  a pirate deck beat aggro. You just need more pirate stuff that helps early game and not late game weapon buffs.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 10, 2015, 12:14:22 am »

My current list (Face Hunter):

Abusive Sergeant x 2
Leper Gnome x 2
Worgen Infiltrator
Glaivezooka x 2
Bear Trap
Explosive Trap
Quick Shot x 2
Haunted Creeper x 2
Ironbeak Owl
Knife Juggler x 2
Mad Scientist x 2
Eaglehorn Bow
Animal Companion x 2
Kill Command x 2
Unleash the Hounds x 2
Arcane Golem x 2
Piloted Shredder x 2
Loatheb

I'm really only losing to Dragon Priest (rank 15 right now). I lost just now to a funky shaman toem deck but I'm pretty sure I had lethal and just wasn't thinking.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: November 10, 2015, 08:41:19 am »

fucking 3 shaman in a row.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 10, 2015, 08:44:51 am »

fucking 3 shaman in a row.

Funny. I don't see any shamans, and I'm only a few ranks higher.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 10, 2015, 01:30:42 pm »

Druid running Fel Reaver x2?  Really?  What's that?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 10, 2015, 01:32:12 pm »

Aggro druid! It's pretty popular and pretty good

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 10, 2015, 01:37:37 pm »

I destroyed him by running out his deck and then clearing the board.  All he could do was hero power.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 10, 2015, 02:31:08 pm »

I destroyed him by running out his deck and then clearing the board.  All he could do was hero power.
It was good for a time.  It still can be good if the opponent happens not to have the BGH/Freeze/Peacekeeper etc in hand at the right time.  But yeah if you can dump 3 cards then either BGH or Peacekeep, you just win.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 10, 2015, 03:36:45 pm »

I lost to aggro druid but I think I would've had him if I hadn't misplayed the last turn by killing his fel reaver instead of damage to face (pretty sure I had 7 of his 8 HP in hand, and he fatigued for 1 the next turn since he was out).

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: November 10, 2015, 03:44:41 pm »

Freeze Mages preying on Paladins and playing with the new toys.  Time for Flare?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #698 on: November 10, 2015, 03:46:53 pm »

Freeze Mages preying on Paladins and playing with the new toys.  Time for Flare?

Last season, I was super late getting to rank 5 so I had to do it in like 2 days from whatever crappy rank I was at for completing some quests in between less successful Arena runs, and running two Flares in midrange Hunter turned out to be incredibly good against Eboladin (despite saying that it doesn't really need Flares to beat it earlier — which is still true, but with Flares, the wins seemed to be almost automatic) and fine against the rest of the meta.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 03:49:53 pm by Awaclus »

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 10, 2015, 03:59:59 pm »

Yeah I've seen tons of freeze mage. Works like a charm. With no warriors, Freeze mops the floor with most decks.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.