Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44  All

Author Topic: Constructed General Discussion  (Read 270482 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
Re: Constructed General Discussion
« Reply #400 on: February 07, 2015, 09:50:09 pm »

Magicamy's tier list is a good reference. She lists four Rogue decks there (Oil Rogue, Tempo Rogue, Mech Rogue, Pirates Rogue). Of those, only the Tempo Rogue runs Gallywix.

This is actually a pretty nice list.

EgorK

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +74
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 08, 2015, 05:40:08 pm »

Thanks for the list. Oil rogue works like a charm for the time being, despite my previous bad experience with this class

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 08, 2015, 06:46:40 pm »

Yeah, thanks for linking the list! I imagine this kind of thing is a nightmare to assemble and maintain, so you have to take everything in it with a pretty sizeable helping of salt, but it's nice to at least have some sort of base reference.

Regarding Gallywix, I think he's fine is 6 is a normal part of your curve, which it shouldn't be. You have no real chance of winning a control matchup without some sort of burst. With the death of the Leeroy+Shadowstep combo, Oil seems to offer the best chance, though I have seen some people still try to use Malygos. Either way, once you're past 5 on the mana curve, you usually want to be drawing cards, not just putting up big minions, so the only 6-drop you really see is Auctioneer (I think 1 Auctioneer and 1 Sprint is probably better than either alone).

There is another thing I'm trying, but haven't really figured out yet that uses Argent Commander and Piloted Sky Golem at 6 to just apply heavy face pressure at that point in the curve -- kind of a delayed face deck, using the good Rogue early game defense (Backstab, SI:7, Deadly Poison, Eviscerate) to transition into a face deck that is less likely to run out of steam (still has Oil). Might be terrible though. We'll see.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 20, 2015, 08:59:29 pm »

I've just build Oil Rogue, and that deck rocks!
It is very, very strong, can comeback and/or take a win from nowhere, is surprisingly consistent and is too damn fun to play :D
New favorite.

(I don't have Edwin and Thalnos, tho, so I play without them).

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 20, 2015, 10:07:22 pm »

I'm still surprised that Oil Rogue is as consistent as it is. I have an old Miracle Rogue that I play sometimes, no Oil, Malygos + 1 Sinister Strike instead. I almost never need Malygos as a finisher, around 80% of the time I have enough damage to win without it, and I leave it in for sentimental reasons. Somehow it still wins anyways by getting board with Violet Teachers/Loatheb/SI7.

I think I underestimated just how helpful of a card Blade Flurry is, it's such a cheap way to clear board while pushing for damage.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: February 21, 2015, 11:18:04 am »

Without so much aggro Oil Rogue can be a thing. Otherwise Hunters just wreck it with Hunter hero power really hurting Rogues.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 21, 2015, 05:16:02 pm »

What do you sub for them? They're the only cards I don't have, but I wasn't sure what to replace them with, when I was considering an Oil Rogue deck.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 21, 2015, 05:26:36 pm »

What do you sub for them? They're the only cards I don't have, but I wasn't sure what to replace them with, when I was considering an Oil Rogue deck.

Kobold Geomancer replacing Thalnos for sure. The cheap spell damage is surprisingly important.

I don't think there's a great replacement for Edwin...you can try Southsea Deckhand? It lets you combo off Oil nicely.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 21, 2015, 08:02:24 pm »

Kobold instead of Thalnos.

I do not have exact replacement for Edwin, cuz I didn't copy any list 1-for-1. I do play 1 Deckhand, most lists do. In the "free" slots (ones that differ in different lists), I play Loatheb, Shredder, 2x Farseers, 2 Sprints, and no Dr. Boom (I have him, but I cut him) nor Shiv. Also no Healbot or any weapons.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 21, 2015, 08:04:52 pm »

Might be easier to just post my list (I tweak it a bit if needed):

2 Backstab
2 Prep
2 Deadly Poison
1 Deckhand
2 Blade Flurry
2 Eviscerate
2 Sap
1 Kobold
2 Fan of Knives
2 Earthen Ring
2 SI7
2 Oils
1 Shredder
2 Techer
1 Azure Drake
1 Loatheb
2 Sprint

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 21, 2015, 08:08:20 pm »

I occasionally play Handlock, Control Pally and Control Priest, but my main currently is Druid combo, and I'd like to share my list, it worked pretty good this month:

2 Inervate
2 Wild Growth
2 Wrath
2 Haunter Creeper
2 Savage Roar
1 BGH
1 Harvest Golem
2 Swipe
2 Keeper of the Grove
1 Kezan Mystic (those pesky mages/hunters..)
2 Piloted Shredder
2 Druid of the Claw
2 Sludge Blecher
2 Force of Nature
1 Carine Bloodhoof
1 Sylvanas
2 Ancient of Lore
1 Dr. Boom

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 21, 2015, 08:49:18 pm »

Here is the decklist that Kolento hit #1 EU with on Feb 8. It does not run Edwin. I dunno whether it's still good in the current meta because things are unstable still.
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/191887-legend-1-kolentos-rogue
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 08:50:47 pm by blueblimp »

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 21, 2015, 09:15:37 pm »

Yeah, I basically play that -Shade of Naxx +Shredder.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 22, 2015, 07:54:58 pm »

I think I underestimated just how helpful of a card Blade Flurry is, it's such a cheap way to clear board while pushing for damage.

With Oil, Blade Flurry is really good now, since you have plenty of enablers in the deck.

What surprised me is how good Violet Teacher is when you don't have to save your Preps for Auctioneer.

I think the Kolento list is the "standard" now. My friend made #1 NA with nearly that list. (Boom instead of second Sprint, and Healbot instead of second Farseer), but I think the 2x Sprint is better.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 24, 2015, 12:18:59 pm »
+1

On his stream yesterday, Trump reported some results of observations of the decks in NA legend this past week. Apparently he turned on a bunch of other streams and noted down the decks faced by each of his fellow streamers. There were a total of 193 games, and the classes were as follows:
Code: [Select]
hunter mid 32 17%
druid 32 17%
warrior 24 13%
mage mech 23 12%
rogue 17 9%
paladin 16 8%
shaman mid 14 7%
priest 9 5%
hunter face 7 4%
mage freeze 7 4%
handlock 6 3%
warlock demon 6 3%
So anyone trying to crack the meta this week, I guess that's what you're looking at. More than half the decks have weapons, and more than a third secrets, so Ooze/Harrison and Kezan/Flare are a real consideration (Flare also hits the Shades in Druid/Rogue).

This is somewhat in agreement with https://tempostorm.com/articles/the-meta-snapshot-7-tempostorms-gvg-ladder-tier-list , but hyped appears to severely underrate its matchups with the top decks. It's way better than 50/50 vs Rogue and 15/85 vs Hunter... I would guess at least 75/25 and 55/45 unless there's something I really don't get about midrange Hunter... I think Rogue falls a lot as a result of people switching to Warrior and Hunter to beat it.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 16, 2015, 11:57:46 am »

Just went 7 wins in a row with this version of Face Hunter on ranked. If anyone desires to grind from 25-10 pretty quickly I'm pretty sure this deck would be a fast way to do it. This deck has potential to go quite a bit higher, as people have taken this Legendary with only slight variations (Leeroy obviously improves the deck). I can't personally confirm that as this was my first outing with it (I made it to do the 7 win quest and it did it quite impressively). The only major change I made from the norm aside from not including Leeroy was to remove an Eaglesong for a Glaivezooka.

1 x Hunter's Mark
2 x Abusive
2 x Leper
2 x Infiltrator
2 x Creeper
2 x Mad Scientist
1 x Owl
2 x Glaivezooka
2 x Knife Juggler
2 x Explosive Trap
2 x (s)Kill Command
2 x Animal Companion
2 x Arcane Golem
2 x Unleash
1 x Eaglesong
2 x Wolf Rider
1 x Reckless Rocketeer (would recommend replacing with Leeroy if you have him)

Strategy: 9 times out of 10 when you have to decide where to send a minion the answer is to go face. Occasionally you want to trade if it's something that could either outrace you in a beatdown (like a windfury minion) or gives your opponent really good trades (like something with spell power). Weapons can be used for removal and go face if they have no other target. Mulligan for Infiltrators, Knife Jugglers, Mad Scientists, Creepers and Leper Gnomes. Hold onto a Glaivezooka if you have a minion to play turn 1 (1 drop or 2 drop + coin) to pair it with.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 12:32:38 pm by Jorbles »

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 16, 2015, 12:06:49 pm »

What's crazy about this deck is that it is so strong when it's so cheap to make and so easy to play. 5 rares + an optional Legendary.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 16, 2015, 12:17:48 pm »

No owls?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 16, 2015, 12:32:25 pm »

No owls?

Oops, my mistake, I forgot the Owl. There is one. Edited in now.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 16, 2015, 04:50:04 pm »

Just went 7 wins in a row with this version of Face Hunter on ranked. If anyone desires to grind from 25-10 pretty quickly I'm pretty sure this deck would be a fast way to do it. This deck has potential to go quite a bit higher, as people have taken this Legendary with only slight variations (Leeroy obviously improves the deck). I can't personally confirm that as this was my first outing with it (I made it to do the 7 win quest and it did it quite impressively). The only major change I made from the norm aside from not including Leeroy was to remove an Eaglesong for a Glaivezooka.

1 x Hunter's Mark
2 x Abusive
2 x Leper
2 x Infiltrator
2 x Creeper
2 x Mad Scientist
1 x Owl
2 x Glaivezooka
2 x Knife Juggler
2 x Explosive Trap
2 x (s)Kill Command
2 x Animal Companion
2 x Arcane Golem
2 x Unleash
1 x Eaglesong
2 x Wolf Rider

Strategy: 9 times out of 10 when you have to decide where to send a minion the answer is to go face. Occasionally you want to trade if it's something that could either outrace you in a beatdown (like a windfury minion) or gives your opponent really good trades (like something with spell power). Weapons can be used for removal and go face if they have no other target. Mulligan for Infiltrators, Knife Jugglers, Mad Scientists, Creepers and Leper Gnomes. Hold onto a Glaivezooka if you have a minion to play turn 1 (1 drop or 2 drop + coin) to pair it with.

I faced this deck last night with my Ramp Druid.  He got me down to 9 life pretty fast, but my taunts just killed it (sludge benchers, 4/6 bears, etc.). He used his removal each turn, but I could just keep dropping big taunts 4 turns in a row.  I removed his minions with Hero Power, Swipe, etc.  AoL and Mech Heal ended it.

Looked fun and fast, for sure.  An owl would have helped him, but he was topdecking so early on and just not getting it.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: March 16, 2015, 05:02:19 pm »

Yeah, I'm not a fan of all out aggro decks. The good aggro decks have a way to come back if they don't work perfectly. This version of hunter just loses if it can't win fast enough.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 16, 2015, 07:21:58 pm »

Yeah, I'm not a fan of all out aggro decks. The good aggro decks have a way to come back if they don't work perfectly. This version of hunter just loses if it can't win fast enough.
But Blizzard's insipid ladder system punishes game length disproportionately, so the deck probably is really close to optimal legend climbing for early phases of the process.

Sad but true.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 16, 2015, 08:24:19 pm »

Face Hunter is among the strongest decks at the moment, maybe even the strongest deck, although it does have counters (like Control Warrior). It's not just game length that makes it a good ladder choice.

I would certainly run 2x Eaglehorn in any version of the deck though, as it's the best card in the deck: at least 6 damage from one card, threatening 9+ with a trap, which can be split up to bash down small taunts, and all that for only 3 mana. It's certainly better than Reckless Rocketeer, which only represents 5 damage if it gets removed before attacking again, and costs a whopping 6 mana.

Example cuts I've seen are dropping 1 Animal Companion (as it's merely OK if you don't roll Huffer) or dropping 1 Infiltrator.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 16, 2015, 09:22:57 pm »
+1

Kolento is top 1 EU with double shadow madness recombobulator x1.  Toldja HME

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 16, 2015, 11:16:41 pm »

1 x Hunter's Mark
2 x Abusive
2 x Leper
2 x Infiltrator
2 x Creeper
2 x Mad Scientist
1 x Owl
2 x Glaivezooka
2 x Knife Juggler
2 x Explosive Trap
2 x (s)Kill Command
2 x Animal Companion
2 x Arcane Golem
2 x Unleash
1 x Eaglesong
2 x Wolf Rider

I play this deck with -1 Infiltrator, +1 Bow, and Leeroy. It does pretty well and has a lot of really good matchups -- it's so much damage, so quickly. I think it's definitely a top tier deck ATM.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 21 queries.