Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44  All

Author Topic: Constructed General Discussion  (Read 270569 times)

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Re: Constructed General Discussion
« Reply #225 on: September 26, 2014, 12:19:38 pm »

So, I have a question about this deck again. The list is slightly different now, I have a second Divine Favor instead of the Harvest Golem and a second Owl instead of the Bluegill, but mostly similar. I've been thinking of crafting a Leeroy for the deck, but since they gave him the nerf, I guess he's still pretty good? Or not worth it? Can the $3 4/2 Charge guy that gives the opponent a mana crystal replace Leeroy?

I think you generally want to run 2 wilfriders, as well as the Arcane Golems. Maybe replace 1 arcane with Leeroy if you want, but this deck doesn't feel aggressive enough. Worgen infiltrator isn't super aggressive, and harvest Golem is value, not aggression. SSC is ok I guess, I'm not too sure what else to put the spot though.
I don't run the Golem anymore. What would you play instead of Infiltrator?

Why don't you run golem? And I don't know what to run instead, I guess you want the 2 drops, but I never considered it a very amazing card.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 26, 2014, 12:22:25 pm »

So, I have a question about this deck again. The list is slightly different now, I have a second Divine Favor instead of the Harvest Golem and a second Owl instead of the Bluegill, but mostly similar. I've been thinking of crafting a Leeroy for the deck, but since they gave him the nerf, I guess he's still pretty good? Or not worth it? Can the $3 4/2 Charge guy that gives the opponent a mana crystal replace Leeroy?

I think you generally want to run 2 wilfriders, as well as the Arcane Golems. Maybe replace 1 arcane with Leeroy if you want, but this deck doesn't feel aggressive enough. Worgen infiltrator isn't super aggressive, and harvest Golem is value, not aggression. SSC is ok I guess, I'm not too sure what else to put the spot though.
I don't run the Golem anymore. What would you play instead of Infiltrator?

Wargen seems to be in the deck because there aren't really any other good 1-drops to fit the decks style left? You might want to focus a little bit less on making sure you have a strong start (you have lots of 1s and 2s to choose from already) and work on strong cards for your 3rd and 4th turns. Defender of Argus, Dark Iron Dwarf, or another Wolfrider all seem like they'd help in that regard. (I'd probably go with the DoA or Wolfrider since you're a Paladin deck and those cards work better with Equality).

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 26, 2014, 12:24:15 pm »

Scarlet Crusaders and a single Sword of Justice seem like they'd work well here also.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 26, 2014, 12:25:36 pm »

Scarlet Crusaders and a single Sword of Justice seem like they'd work well here also.

Yeah true, lots of aggro Paladin's run Sword of Justice.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 26, 2014, 12:35:48 pm »

I just looked it up because I couldn't remember it's mana cost and got a good look at it's artwork. I usually don't comment on this sort of thing, but what a frigging dumb looking sword. IT'S GOT TWO BLADES MAN! IT'S SO BADASS! TWICE THE BLADE=====FIVE TIMES THE CUTTING!

Edit: http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/567-sword-of-justice

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 04, 2014, 05:54:11 pm »

Odd thing about Wild Growth as P2: if you coin Wild Growth, it's like exchanging player seat except that: your opponent doesn't have a coin and you skipped your 1 and 2 mana turns. As P2, averaged over both turns, you're 1/2 mana behind, 1/2 card ahead, and have a coin. After coining Wild Growth, you're 1/2 mana ahead and 1/2 card behind, like as if you were P1 to begin with, except your opponent doesn't get a coin in return, and your next turn is with 3 mana, like P1's turn 3.

I suppose it's true that the coin is significant enough, and P1's first two turns useless enough (if not playing Wild Growth), that this is still an advantage for P2.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 11, 2014, 10:45:04 pm »

I played in a mini-Hearthstone tourney today! It was only 8 people, so we did 4 rounds of Swiss, best of 3, where I went 2-2.

One of my losses was pretty funny though. My opponent's playing Control Warrior, I'm playing some janky Undertaker Priest, and he's just played Loatheb. I drop Deathload + Unstable Ghoul + Injured Blademaster and heal Blademaster, so now I have 4 minions to his 1.

His turn: Brawl, he rolls the 1/5 and Loatheb lives...and pulls out Grommash from Deathlord, which comes into play before Unstable Ghoul trigger, so it got activated as well. Needless to say, I lost that game pretty badly.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 12, 2014, 05:53:54 am »

Just lost to a warrior in ranked...I know it's lame to complain about being Legendary'ed to death, but man...

Rag, Geddon, Sylvanas, Cairne, Alex...I only have 2 polymorphs.

In the end, I died to fatigue, and not him, though.  That's something.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 12, 2014, 08:58:59 am »

Just lost to a warrior in ranked...I know it's lame to complain about being Legendary'ed to death, but man...

Thats how the deck works. Also he had Gromash and probably Harrison, Enranged Gromash (it usually follows an Alex turn) is his main win condition, you always have to lookout for that thing.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 10:00:33 am by Grujah »

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 12, 2014, 12:49:46 pm »

I hear you, that deck is super annoying to play against, you need so much removal in your deck to outlast it. Usually it's better to just try and out aggro it because it's a huge late-game deck. You need to play more aggressively and win before he can do more than play a Cairne or Sylvanas or you've already lost.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 12, 2014, 12:50:49 pm »

Thats how the deck works. Also he had Gromash and probably Harrison, Enranged Gromash (it usually follows an Alex turn) is his main win condition, you always have to lookout for that thing.

Ysera and Loatheb are often in that deck too. It's pretty ridiculous.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 12, 2014, 05:08:34 pm »

He played Loatheb early.  I feel like a Kel'thuzad was there, too.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 12, 2014, 05:22:34 pm »

He played Loatheb early.  I feel like a Kel'thuzad was there, too.

Kel'thuzad is really only good if you have enough little minions to take advantage of his ability. Shaman is really good for him, probably Paladin is not bad. But he really is a midrange deck kind of card, not for a deck that plays tons of huge minions.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 14, 2014, 12:50:05 am »

How important are Thalnos and Edwin to Miracle Rogue these days? I was looking through my collections, and discovered I actually have 2 Preps, plus 2 copies of all the other important spells, and a Malygos if I wanted to run the Malygos variation. I'm giving some pretty serious thought to building the deck, but I'm not sure if I want to spend the dust on the legendaries or not.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 14, 2014, 01:09:35 am »

How important are Thalnos and Edwin to Miracle Rogue these days? I was looking through my collections, and discovered I actually have 2 Preps, plus 2 copies of all the other important spells, and a Malygos if I wanted to run the Malygos variation. I'm giving some pretty serious thought to building the deck, but I'm not sure if I want to spend the dust on the legendaries or not.

I gave it a shot last week in casual with 2 preps and all the spells, but no Edwin/Thalnos/Leeroy and I can say that was definitely not good enough.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 14, 2014, 02:17:18 am »

I gave it a shot last week in casual with 2 preps and all the spells, but no Edwin/Thalnos/Leeroy and I can say that was definitely not good enough.

I have both Malygos + Leeroy - it might be decent enough. I'm busy for the next couple of days so I can't go try it out right now.

EgorK

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +74
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 14, 2014, 09:12:02 am »

Maly rogue is quite good in current meta. Edwin is not cornerstone of this deck

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 14, 2014, 12:11:29 pm »

I just opened a Leeroy the other day. Is Leeroy still good in Miracle Rogue after the erf?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 14, 2014, 12:49:36 pm »

I just opened a Leeroy the other day. Is Leeroy still good in Miracle Rogue after the erf?

Yeah, I think he's still pretty good in Miracle, you can't get off quite the really crazy combos you could previously (Leeroy, Shadowstep, Leeroy, Shadowstep, Leeroy, Cold Blood, Cold Blood for 26 damage for instance), but you can still Leeroy, Shadowstep, Leeroy, Cold Blood x 2, for a slightly less crazy combo of 20 damage and still very scary.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 14, 2014, 03:20:43 pm »

I'm not so sure how I feel about Cold Blood in Miracle. It's a very all-in kind of card. 4 damage for 1 mana is really good, but the card can end up dead in your hand a lot. Running 2x seems like you're pushing it. It used to be common to see 2, but I think 0-1 was more common last I had seen. Anyway, I don't know about giving credit to Leeroy for the Cold Blood damage. Leeroy is a 5 mana Fireball that turns Shadowsteps into 3 mana Fireballs. Leeroy+Shadowstep is like 2x Fireball, so that's still quite a fine finisher.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 14, 2014, 05:41:24 pm »

I've been looking at the deck from

For Cold Blood, I think the key thing is that on the turn you go off, you have an Auctioneer in play already. So, you're very likely to have Cold Blood not be a dead card, since you can just put it on Auctioneer and attack with that.

The deck in the video has some interesting choices - no SI:7, Perdition's Blade is 4 damage on the turn you play it + gives you a Deadly Poison target for cheap, Arcane Golem for Shadowstep target instead. No Malygos because it seems like it plans to win before 9 mana can even happen.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 14, 2014, 07:50:27 pm »

Cold blood is kind of "win more". So is Conceal. If you have an Auctioneer out, you're in great shape no matter what. If you don't have an Auctioneer out, the cards are terrible. So running 2 of each makes your deck really "coin-flippy". If you happen to draw Auctioneer, you can't lose; if you don't, you can't win. Day9's deck is really all-in on getting lucky and drawing an Auctioneer. The better Miracle decks, imo, run more minions to hold up the midgame until you draw that Auctioneer, and then single Conceal, 0-1 Cold Blood. With no Auctioneer yet, I'd much rather be able to play Farseer/SI:7/Azure/etc. than to stare at a hand full of unplayable 1 mana spells.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 15, 2014, 12:48:41 pm »

I've been on a hot streak with what I'm calling Yeti Watcher. It's a variant of Ancient Watcher bolstered by a whole bunch of Yeti size minions. It lacked some removal so I added a BGH.

0s:
2 x Innervate
2s:
2 x Watcher
2 x Egg
2 x Protector
1 x Mark
2 x Wrath
1 x Wild Growth
3s:
1 x SSC
1 x BGH
4s:
2 x Yeti
2 x Keeper
2 x Spellbreaker
2 x Swipe
2 x Defenders
5s:
2 x Druid
1 x Loatheb
6s:
1 x Cairne
7s:
1 x AoL
9s:
1 x Cenarius

The goal of the deck is to protect your hero with Watchers and Eggs while threats that are difficult to remove with AoE smacks your opponent or his minions around. Ideal opening combo when you are Control is Watcher or Egg+Activation (silences can buff Watcher, but not Eggs, buffers can buff eggs, taunters activate both though are not ideal for Watcher). Ideal opening when you are the aggro/beatdown is Turn 2 Innervate into Yeti (though a turn 2 watcher/protector is also really strong) It's a little tricky to get a feel for when you are the control and when you are the beatdown, as this changes depending on the deck you're up against, but it's a fun, flexible deck and very effective against a lot of decks, especially ones that are vulnerable to Silence (you have 4 silences, and don't need them for the Watchers, though they are sometimes preferable to Taunt).

Room for improvement:
I'd sub out Cenarius for Rag or Ysera if I had either of them. I'd also sub out the SSC for another BGH if I had a second one to improve this deck against late game decks and probably something for a second AoL if I had one. This deck could probably use the FoN/SR combo to good effect as well. I don't have FoN so I'm playing without it, but if you have them that might make this deck better. The Black Knight would work really well and combos with Mark.

Notable matchups:
This deck struggles against Paladin Weeny decks as Equality is really strong against it. Try to trade before the Equality combos go off.
This deck is pretty great against aggro if you get a Watcher or Egg combo, but can have a rough time if you don't have a Watcher or Egg in play by turn 2, it's worth Mulliganing pretty aggressively to get one.
This deck is really strong against Priest who can't use Shadow Words against a lot of the threats in this deck (careful not to buff cards to be above 4 against Priest).
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 12:59:13 pm by Jorbles »

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 16, 2014, 03:57:20 am »

So I started running this hunter deck recently, and it's a lot of fun:

http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/constructed-strategy/468923-jbfletchers-hunter-sligh-1-legendary-deck

Only changes I've made is dropping a Belcher for Leeroy and two Explosive Traps and one Snake Trap instead of the other way around (I had to craft the one Snake Trap).

It's been working really well so far and it's a lot of fun.  The hyenas are the surprising strengths.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 16, 2014, 10:35:45 am »

So I started running this hunter deck recently, and it's a lot of fun:

http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/constructed-strategy/468923-jbfletchers-hunter-sligh-1-legendary-deck

Only changes I've made is dropping a Belcher for Leeroy and two Explosive Traps and one Snake Trap instead of the other way around (I had to craft the one Snake Trap).

It's been working really well so far and it's a lot of fun.  The hyenas are the surprising strengths.

That's a fun looking deck. I might try it, I'm only missing 1 Snake Trap and 1 Eaglehorn to do this. I'll sub in an Explosive Trap and a Flare probably. Seen a lot of Secrets recently.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.