Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]  All

Author Topic: Constructed General Discussion  (Read 270523 times)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
Re: Constructed General Discussion
« Reply #1075 on: December 30, 2017, 06:07:24 pm »

Gonna res this thread to say I finally got Mill/Fatigue Rogue to win more than it loses (at least in Wild).

2 x Prep
2 x Shadowstep
1 x Cheat Death
2 x Gang Up
2 x Sap
2 x Plated Beetle
1 x Brann
2 x Coldlight Oracle
2 x Deathlord
1 x Shadowblade
2 x Fal'Dorei Strider
1 x The Darkness
2 x Antique Healbot
2 x Sludge Belcher
1 x Emp Thaurissian
1 x Skulking Geist
1 x Sylvanas
2 x Vanish
1 x N'zoth

This deck is so complicated it took me a lot of practice to make it work. You want to mulligan early for Deathlords and Plated Beetles, those are your key early game cards. Shadowblade can be played early for removal as well. Save the Darkness for when your opponent has no cards left so you can get it out the turn you play it (not actually an essential card, but it certainly helps in the late game). Ditto save Brann for playing with Coldlights so you can quickly do a big burst of fatigue damage. Beetles, Deathlords, Striders, Healbots, Belchers, Geist, and Sylvanas can be played pretty much any time, don't save them. You can double play N'Zoth with Shadowstep and he's a good target for Gang Up after that (because you can play them same turn if he's been Shadowstepped previously), otherwise Gang Up should target Coldlights or as a last resort Deathlords or Healbots if you're desperate.

Potential subs:
- King Mukkla would be so good in the deck, but I don't have him.
- Valeera the Hollow would also be really good in this deck, but don't have her either.
- Mimic Pods can definitely do work as can Youthful Brewmasters.
- Have been considering testing out Sir Finley as hero power has limited usefulness in this deck.
- SI:7 Agents would help in the early game, which is where this deck struggles.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: December 31, 2017, 01:43:03 pm »

Interesting. I’ve been working on a mill deck that uses striders, cold lights, and the darkness with bounces and removals. Very draw dependent, though. The worst is when your candles burn on their full hand. I’ve only seen the darkness pay off a few times, most wins are from filling my deck with spiders. Beneath the Grounds is part of my deck too.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: December 31, 2017, 02:54:31 pm »

I tried getting the Darkness to work when you play it earlier, but it just doesn't because you want to burn their cards, and burning candles makes it not work. Only reliable way I can get it to work is to play it when it's the end of the game as a finisher.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: December 31, 2017, 04:00:04 pm »

I tried getting the Darkness to work when you play it earlier, but it just doesn't because you want to burn their cards, and burning candles makes it not work. Only reliable way I can get it to work is to play it when it's the end of the game as a finisher.

I played a couple of games where I played The Darkness after discarding my opponent's deck with the new Warlock Legendary, before taking The Darkness out of my deck.

It's great how the mill deck you posted has like no bad targets for cheat death.

I actually have the Rogue Legendary weapon. I don't know if it has a place in wild mill decks, despite working with the Rogue Hero power to prevent self mill. If it does, the deck would look completely different from the one you posted.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: December 31, 2017, 06:32:07 pm »

I played a couple of games where I played The Darkness after discarding my opponent's deck with the new Warlock Legendary, before taking The Darkness out of my deck.

It's great how the mill deck you posted has like no bad targets for cheat death.

I actually have the Rogue Legendary weapon. I don't know if it has a place in wild mill decks, despite working with the Rogue Hero power to prevent self mill. If it does, the deck would look completely different from the one you posted.

Yeah I used to run Cloak of Evasion, but found Cheat Death was just a lot more useful. You can only have a bad target if you mess up and give them the opportunity to hit the Sludge Belcher token. Pretty much everything else you're happy if they hit it. Worst target is probably Plated Beetle/Leyline Spider and even those are nice tempo plays.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: December 31, 2017, 07:04:56 pm »

I got the idea for my current mill deck from a mill kingsbane deck that worked fairly well (as well as mill generally can). I tried to keep it for a while but it doesn't really work as a hybrid. Key cards are elven minstrels and shiny finders to keep pulling the weapon. Otherwise you want weapon buffs from pirates and spells and doomerang and blade flurry. That's a lot of key cards and when you start to move them out for darkness and strider enablers you get a watered down version of both. I'd like to be proven wrong because it seems like the key to keeping mill rogue alive to the end game and also overrunning the opponent if they manage to handle your mill tactics.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: December 31, 2017, 07:55:14 pm »

I got the idea for my current mill deck from a mill kingsbane deck that worked fairly well (as well as mill generally can). I tried to keep it for a while but it doesn't really work as a hybrid. Key cards are elven minstrels and shiny finders to keep pulling the weapon. Otherwise you want weapon buffs from pirates and spells and doomerang and blade flurry. That's a lot of key cards and when you start to move them out for darkness and strider enablers you get a watered down version of both. I'd like to be proven wrong because it seems like the key to keeping mill rogue alive to the end game and also overrunning the opponent if they manage to handle your mill tactics.

Gotta watch out for Entomb and Mind Control these days.

This does inspire me to try a mill deck myself, seeing as I have all the key cards (well, not DK Valeera).

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 18, 2019, 01:15:44 am »

I just got past rank 18 (to 16!) for the first time ever, and I did it with even shaman right after they nerfed flametongue. I don't think the nerf made a lot of difference.

PS: The innkeeper has a really big nose.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 26, 2019, 02:23:37 pm »

Been playing an insane amount with the new set/rotation. Haven't gotten tired of it yet. Just got my shaman to 1000 wins. I have several at 900+ and all at least 700+.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 26, 2019, 11:41:20 pm »

Been playing an insane amount with the new set/rotation. Haven't gotten tired of it yet. Just got my shaman to 1000 wins. I have several at 900+ and all at least 700+.

The new set/format seemed decent, but I haven't been playing too much of it so far. What sucks is playing big/muckmorpher shaman and having to deal with Elysiana without being able to use your own and not make your deck function worse. I happened to open Khadgar, so hand mage is wide open. I also opened the new Dr. Boom, but I kinda wish I opened the other Warrior legendary.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 20 queries.