Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: ZM19: Russian Roulette Mafia  (Read 10407 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: ZM19: Russian Roulette Mafia
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2014, 12:11:28 am »

I think I've got something. OP will be updated with the new idea tomorrow.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2014, 11:43:31 pm »

OK, Russian Roulette Mafia 3.0 has been updated in OP #2. The exact bullet numbers/amount they're allowed to load hasn't been finilized. I'm more interested in what you guys think of the continuous hating mechanic that's introduced.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2014, 01:26:29 am »

At first glance I kinda like it. I don't immediately see a way town can abuse it now to win everytime.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2014, 12:44:07 pm »

I have a niggling feeling that it's still abusable somehow, but it's at least less obvious.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2014, 01:23:28 pm »

it probably doesn't matter if it's abusable, even if you figure out how, it doesn't work if the rest of the town doesn't play along

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2014, 01:30:22 pm »

When you say "Deaths due to Hated-ness and gunshot are indiscernible" ... I assume they're generally discernable based on if they happen during the day or during the night.

But if day breaks and there are seven people in the town (takes 4 to lynch) and I'm Hated 4, I'll turn up dead just the same as if I'd shot myself?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2014, 02:36:33 pm »

When you say "Deaths due to Hated-ness and gunshot are indiscernible" ... I assume they're generally discernable based on if they happen during the day or during the night.

But if day breaks and there are seven people in the town (takes 4 to lynch) and I'm Hated 4, I'll turn up dead just the same as if I'd shot myself?
Yes. At the beginning of each day, whoever would die by having too much hated will die. But it can cause a chain reaction. So someone's Hated death could bring the L number down and cause someone else to die.

Which is my greatest fear with the Hated thing...that it'll detract too much from the actual gun firing. Writing this gave me an inkling of an idea for something that totally removes the Hated. It seems pretty slick, but that usually means it's breakable. I'll have to think on it a bit more.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2014, 03:42:19 pm »

ooh I hadn't thought of that. (the chain reaction)
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2014, 08:42:49 pm »

piu piu piu?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2014, 09:57:26 pm »

I want to run whichever one people like the most (rotating barrel or gun bowing out) so I've left it up to the players to decide (via a poll). Please only participate if you are an informed voter. I don't care if you give your opinion and you aren't playing, but make sure you know the gist of both mechanics.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2014, 05:29:56 pm »

Voting has closed....and only one person has voted (jotheonah).

I've been thinking about it more, and I think I have two big problems with the bowing version:
1) Whether or not the Hatedness will become more important than the cool minigame

2) If people would shoot themselves to reduce their chances of being lynched the next day when they could die anyway by shooting a bullet

So...I think I may do the rotating barrel version. A big problem with that as well:

1) People will claim how many times they spun their gun at the beginning of each day.

2) "Spinning the barrel" is sort of arbitrary. They can be dead that night guaranteed (already have too much Hated accumulated that restricts how far they can spin the barrel and there could already by a bullet there) which sort of ruins the fun.

I think I have something - again - that may work. Let me think on it a bit more.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2014, 02:27:56 pm »

Is this going to get going sometime?  Because I will be super V/LA starting August 17 until an unknown time in the future, which is already pushing the limit on having to /out this game.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2014, 02:40:56 pm »

Is this going to get going sometime?  Because I will be super V/LA starting August 17 until an unknown time in the future, which is already pushing the limit on having to /out this game.
Yeah this'll probably be on hold for a little while. I originally opened it because there weren't many games in Signup mode, but now there's plenty and I still have some kinks. Plus I'll be V/LA at some point every week for a couple of weeks, so I won't be able to be online consistently enough to mod.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2015, 12:43:18 pm »

Where do we stand on this game?  Is it doable?  I'm thinking of joining.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2015, 07:12:11 pm »

Where do we stand on this game?  Is it doable?  I'm thinking of joining.
Probably not. I don't have a lot of time to mod a blitz right now and I haven't worked on the mechanics much, though some of it was borrowed for LOST Mafia.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 19 queries.