Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36  All

Author Topic: M46 : Homeland Mafia (Game over : Scum wins !)  (Read 99769 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
M46 : Homeland Mafia (Game over : Scum wins !)
« on: June 16, 2014, 06:35:02 am »

Welcome to Homeland Mafia !

Mods : Teproc
, AndrewisFTTW (co-mod)

This game will use asher9++, a setup based on C9++, created by ashersky of course. For reference, this is the second time this setup is being run, the first can be found here

This will be a 12-player game and it won't start before M45 is done with day 1.

Players

1. yuma, replaced by Eevee => Chris Brody, the Innocent Child, killed night 1
2. ashersky => Saul Berenson, the Vanilla Townie, killed night 3
3. Robz888 => Danny Galvez, the Mafia Godfather => survived
4. faust => David Estes, the Town One-Shot Vigilante, lynched day 2
5. A Drowned Kernel => Andrew Lockhart, the Vanilla Townie, lynched day 5
6. sudgy => Carrie Mathisen, The Town One-Shot Cop, killed night 4
7. scott_pilgrim => Mike Faber, the Town Universal Back-Up, killed night 2
8. Whiterweaver => William Walden, the Mafia Strongman => survived
9. EgorK => Nicholas Brody, the Vanilla Townie, lynched day 4
10. chairs => Dana Brody, the Vanilla Townie, endgamed
11. mcmcsalot => Jessica Brody, the Vanilla Townie, endgamed
12. azadin => Peter Quinn, the Mafia Roleblocker, lynched day 3

Spectators tagged : mail-mi
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 05:45:22 pm by Teproc »
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: MXLIV : Homeland Mafia
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 06:35:11 am »

Basic Mafia Ruleset

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for any mafia game on this site.  If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play.

Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

Game Summary:

Mafia is a social deduction game.  There is an "informed minority" (the mafia) and an "uninformed majority" (the town).  The mafia know who each other are, and are trying to be the only people left alive.  The town doesn't know who anybody else is, and are trying to find and lynch all of the mafia.  The mafia, to make sure the town doesn't know who they are, must pretend to be town to win.  The mafia usually can kill at night, to help them in being the only ones left alive.

1. General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.  Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.  Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to all mods by the posted deadline (generally 48 hours from Night start during the first few Nights; later Nights may have shorter deadlines).  If we do not receive your PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.  In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used.  If your Night action was mandatory, it will be decided randomly.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mods know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

2. Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.  Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until the mods lock the thread; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Days will last 7 days and nights will last 48 hours (with 48 hours night action deadlines). During the night, all players are required to check-in with the mod via PM to confirm that they are still playing. If one player fails to do this, the mod will search for a replacement and won't open the thread before a replacement has been found. If this occurs in later days (see 10. in Miscellaneous), the player who failed to confirm will be modkilled.
5. If the deadline is hit and nobody has a majority of votes, a no lynch will occur and the game will go into night without anyone being lynched.

6. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
7. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
8. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
9. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post in the game or in Quicktopics. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
10. If the thread is locked, you may not post.  Threads can be locked for various reasons, but no matter what the reason, you may not post.  The mod may forget to lock the thread, but if they say it is locked, it is still locked.
11. Do not edit or delete posts.  We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post. Mods will not edit posts for you.

3. Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, colored text is reserved for the Mods.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mods privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request after 24 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 2 times is subject to replacement under rule 3.10 without further notice.
6. Please do not discuss ongoing games, it can unintentionally affect the other game.
7. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, which may include modkill(s) if needed.
8. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
9. Players who discover they are too busy to play in a game or want to leave the game for civility issues are not allowed to officially /out in the thread.  A request to /out must only be done via a PM to the moderator.  Please do not use this as a manipulation technique.  (Note players may continue to threaten to /out or imply that they might as long as it does not include an official request).  Requests to /out are final once submitted.  There will be no /outing and then /inning back into the game so make sure that when you /out you have thought it through and really want to do it. Players that can't be replaced will simply be mod-killed.
10. If a player wants to /out, they may be replaced by anyone on D1-N1.  On D2-N2, no one from the speccy may replace the player.  After this, a player who /outs may not be replaced.  It is up to the mod's discretion whether to modkill the player or do something else under these circumstances.

Helpful Links:

Wiki Links:

--Main Wiki Page

--Newbie Guide

--Frequently Asked Questions

--Commonly Used Abbreviations

--Mafia Theory

Forum Links:

--Vacation/Limited Access announcements

--Mafia Lingo/Dictionary
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 11:39:31 am by Teproc »
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 06:35:40 am »

Asher9++ is a semi-open setup for 12 players. Setup generation is a randomized process that is open and explained below.

All games include a Universal Back-Up and a Godfather. The remaining 10 roles are determined by rolling six random numbers from 1-100. Each roll is separate. The following number ranges are assigned letters as shown:

1-50: T (Townie. This directly influences scum power roles.) (50/100)
51-60: E (“Either” Cop or Doctor) (10/100)
61-65: C (Cop) (5/100)
66-70: D (Doctor) (5/100)
71-80: V (Vigilante) (10/100)
81-90: M (Mason) (10/100)
91-100: B (Blocker) (10/100)

After the letters have been assigned, the mod refers to the list below to determine which power roles are included.

E Roles*
E = 1-Shot Doctor OR 1-Shot Cop
EE = 1-Shot Doctor OR 1-Shot Cop x2
EEE = Doctor OR Cop; 1-Shot Doctor OR 1-Shot Cop
EEEE = Doctor OR Cop; 1-Shot Doctor OR 1-Shot Cop x2
EEEEE = Doctor OR Cop x2; 1 -Shot Doctor OR 1-Shot Cop
EEEEEE = Doctor OR Cop x2; 1-Shot Doctor OR 1-Shot Cop x2

C Roles
C = 1-Shot Cop
CC = Cop
CCC = Cop; 1-Shot Cop
CCCC = Cop; 1-Shot Cop x2
CCCCC = Cop x2; 1-Shot Cop
CCCCCC = Cop x2; 1-Shot Cop x2

D Roles
D = Doctor
DD = Doctor; 1-Shot Doctor
DDD = Doctor; 1-Shot Doctor x2
DDDD = Doctor x2; 1-Shot Doctor
DDDDD = Doctor x2; 1-Shot Doctor x2
DDDDDD = Doctor x3

Vigilante Roles
V = 1-Shot Vigilante
VV = Vigilante
VVV = Vigilante; 1-Shot Vigilante
VVVV = Vigilante; 1-Shot Vigilante x2
VVVVV = Vigilante x2; 1-Shot Vigilante
VVVVVV = Vigilante x2; 1-Shot Vigilante x2

Mason Roles
M** = 1 Mason
MM = Innocent Child (Confirmed at start of Day 1)
MMM = 2 Masons
MMMM = 2 Masons; Innocent Child
MMMMM = 3 Masons
MMMMMM = 2 Masons; 2 Masons (i.e. two separate pairings)

Blocker Roles
B = Roleblocker
BB = Roleblocker; 1-Shot Roleblocker
BBB = Roleblocker; 1-Shot Roleblocker x2
BBBB = Roleblocker x2; 1-Shot Roleblocker
BBBBB = Roleblocker x2; 1-Shot Roleblocker x2
BBBBBB = Roleblocker x3

Scum Roles (In addition to the Godfather)
TTTTTT*** = Goon x2
TTTTT*** = Goon x2
TTTT = 1-Shot Strongman; Roleblocker
TTT = 1-Shot Strongman; Roleblocker
TT = Strongman; Roleblocker
T = Strongman; Roleblocker
0 Ts = Strongman; Roleblocker; 1-Shot Bulletproof****

After power roles are determined from the table above, Vanilla Townies are added to arrive at 12 players.

* "Or" roles are determined randomly
** Single M rolls result in the Universal Backup converting to a Mason
*** 5 or 6 T rolls result in a scum team of Goon - Goon - Godfather. During N0, the team may elect to have one of the two Goons be 1-Shot Bulletproof. This is optional and not required.
**** If there are zero Ts, one member of the mafia team is randomly 1-Shot Bulletproof.

Clarifications:

--If a 1-Shot PR is the first PR to die, the UB will inherit that role, even if the shot was used up. The UB will not receive a new shot.
--If the Universal Backup converts to a Mason due to a single M roll, that player will not be informed of the conversion.
--Mafia Strongman modifier defeats one doctor protection or roleblocker. If two or more doctors successfully protect the target, the kill will fail. If a doctor protects the target and the Strongman is blocked, the kill will fail.  If two roleblockers target the Strongman, the kill will fail.
--The Bulletproof modifier will be revealed upon death, if selected or assigned.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 06:44:51 am by Teproc »

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 08:45:37 am »

/in
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 08:54:49 am »

/tag Robz is it

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 08:58:21 am »

In.

Would you mind changing to just numbers, not roman numerals? It's getting too difficult to read, and I think you wrote the wrong number. This should be Mafia 46, you have it written as 44, I think.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 09:00:33 am »

In.

Would you mind changing to just numbers, not roman numerals? It's getting too difficult to read, and I think you wrote the wrong number. This should be Mafia 46, you have it written as 44, I think.

I thought it was Mafia 44 for... some reason. I like the roman numerals, I'm guessing this discussion should be had in another place though, since we probably want to be consistent more than anything else.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: MXLVI : Homeland Mafia
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 09:38:10 am »

/in, assuming this doesn't take too long to start.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 09:49:25 am »

/in, assuming this doesn't take too long to start.

I changed it so that it won't start until day 1 of Stack the Deck is over, as opposed to it being well into day 2. I hadn't noticed how few games were going on right now (since I don't really follow non-normal games), but two normal games being in day 1 at the same time is never great.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 10:24:33 am »

/in

I've been waiting for this setup to come back.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 10:56:33 am »

In.

I thought it was Mafia 44 for... some reason. I like the roman numerals, I'm guessing this discussion should be had in another place though, since we probably want to be consistent more than anything else.

Well, we've been inconsistent so far, and moving forward I would rather consistently not use roman numerals. They are uniquely ill-suited to our purposes, since we often refer to games as M-Number, which is doubly confusing since M is 50 in roman numerology.

It keeps me awake at night.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2014, 11:04:08 am »

M is 1000 in Roman numerology (50 is L), so you should be able to sleep for some time.

I agree that it is a little unwieldy now (although it was worse when we were in the 30s than it is now), but it simply looks cool, so unless it's decided that we'll entirely switch to arabic numerals, I'll keep it that way.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2014, 11:06:36 am »

Er, 1,000, yeah. Still M-MXLVI is very ugly to me, and I firmly want to jettison the roman numerals.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2014, 12:00:56 pm »

I could co-mod.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2014, 12:47:03 pm »

/in only if it stays MXLVI

(jk, although I do actually like the roman numerals better)
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2014, 01:56:51 pm »

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2014, 01:58:18 pm »

/in

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 02:06:03 pm »

/in

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2014, 07:11:36 pm »

/in

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2014, 07:26:19 pm »

/in

Actually /out, sorry, don't want to be in three games at once (modding M45, Dice Mafia, and this)

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: M46 : Homeland Mafia (4 spots left)
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 03:19:41 am »

/in

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 11:25:27 am »

/tag
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 11:31:29 am »

in/

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2014, 07:27:28 pm »

2 more! Teproc want to give me a quick description of homeland and why I should watch it. Your last game inspired my latest TV addiction--just finished season 2 of House of Cards.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2014, 07:34:57 pm »

2 more! Teproc want to give me a quick description of homeland and why I should watch it. Your last game inspired my latest TV addiction--just finished season 2 of House of Cards.

Oh yeah I saw that, glad you liked it !

Homeland is a spy thriller where the main character (Carrie Mathisen/Claire Danes) is a CIA agent who, when she was in Irak, got the info that an American POW had been turned. A few years a later, an American POW (Nicholas Brody/Damian Lewis) is found and triumphally comes back to the US. She is convinced that he's the guy her contact told her about, so she sets out to prove it, against her mentor's (Saul Berenson/Mandy Patinkin) advice. That's basically the pitch.

It's a very interesting show, Claire Danes is phenomenal in it (she won a billion awards for the role) and the first season is both a really great character study and thriller. It gets a little crazy in later seasons (starting with the second half of the second season) but I still like it. I would say the first season and a half is one of the best run of any TV show in recent years, with incredibly tense sequences and great characters.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.