Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Interesting Kingdoms with Prince?  (Read 8946 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Interesting Kingdoms with Prince?
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2014, 05:23:48 pm »
+1

How big is that container? I've been watching this for a long time already and he never seems to run out of popcorn!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2014, 05:25:16 pm »
+2

Few things are more educational than a carefully crafted caricature; few things more tiresome than an exhaustive list of exceptions. I like to compose the former, and trust that every bore will be able to compile the latter for himself, in his own basement, on his own clock.
The problem is just that we're on the internet. It's sad to ruin a perfect way to explain something by having to add "except for all of the exceptions." Noticing that the thing isn't always true isn't just what people on f.ds do though, it's the whole internet. In the end you can make the overall discussion better by adding "except for all of the exceptions" even if your post itself is less pretty.

Except when you can't.

Also I bet your username contributes way more to how your posts are received stylistically than your lack of exception-accepting.

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2014, 05:33:41 pm »

Also I bet your username contributes way more to how your posts are received stylistically than your lack of exception-accepting.

That's what *she* said!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2014, 06:04:25 pm »
+2

Anyone has interesting Kingdoms with Prince?

Please hide all strategy tips with the spoiler tag (like this).

You can also post the kingdom into Post Your Fun Kingdoms to Play

Just messing around... how about:

Beggar, Market Square, Steward, Armory, Bridge, Coppersmith, Herald, Throne Room, Counting House, Prince

Not going to spoiler this because I haven't thought about this long enough for it to be a "tip"... there is probably a sweet engine in here between Armory gaining, Steward trashing and Bridge payload, but I'd be at least a little bit tempted to attempt a crazy Copper-centric strategy.

Thanks to Heralds and Throne Rooms you can very easily get 7 Bridges in play relatively quickly even without Prince. Any Copper-centric strategy is horrible.

Yeah.... but I'd still be tempted to try the copper thing just because it would be hilariously fun.

I was trying to put in an alternate strategy besides the Copper thing to make it interesting.  There aren't any real Villages, but I didn't stop to think about how good Herald can be for that.  Would it be compelling enough with just Prince and TR/Market Square for multiple actions?

Noticing that the thing isn't always true isn't just what people on f.ds do though, it's the whole internet.

Nooo, we are supposed to be special. :(

silvern

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +170
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2014, 07:02:27 pm »

Chapel, Village, Masquerade, Bridge, Remake, Saboteur, Goons, Possession, King's Court, Prince

I originally posted this in the "Fun Kingdom's" thread facetiously, fully expecting that it would be the least fun game of Dominion of all time. But looking at it now, I'm interested in it, since the pin can be blocked. There's also stuff with KC KC B B B, but KC saboteur and goons action could stop that. And then there's possession.
Thoughts?

Prince of Villages is a serious power on this board
I was also thinking prince of goons, with bridge.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2014, 07:27:39 pm »

That is too bad, because I happen to be quite fond of it.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2014, 07:47:41 pm »

How big is that container? I've been watching this for a long time already and he never seems to run out of popcorn!

It's actually a wormhole to the popcorn universe.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.819 seconds with 21 queries.